daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 25th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #21
ainvan

Likes (Received): 17069

Great news!

Number One Bloor doesn't look so tall anymore compared to recently proposed buildings

SSP

Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #22
SkyscraperLover2K16

Likes (Received): 49

Woah, that building is gonna look good for Toronto's skyline
SkyscraperLover2K16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #23
SkyscraperLover2K16

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainvan View Post
Great news!

Number One Bloor doesn't look so tall anymore compared to recently proposed buildings

SSP
This means that Toronto is currently on the start of a major construction boom for the city, congrats for the city for getting a construction boom.
SkyscraperLover2K16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 03:20 AM   #24
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperLover2K16 View Post
This means that Toronto is currently on the start of a major construction boom for the city, congrats for the city for getting a construction boom.
Getting a boom? Toronto is in year 10 of its construction boom. It's been the fastest growing city outside Asia for many years up until around 2015 when New York pulled ahead.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #25
Victoria123

Likes (Received): 1765

Another rendering

https://twitter.com/DavidOikawa1/sta...98155953192960

enrigue8 liked this post
Victoria123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #26
enrigue8
BANNED

Likes (Received): 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
What an extreme beauty!
enrigue8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #27
Shakeel

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Z View Post
Based on some preliminary rumours, the developer may aim for a super tall. However, the developer will face challenges trying to get a supertall approved. The area can be potentially become extremely dense.

There is Aura at nearly 900 feet.

-Delta Chelsea redevelopment (3 towers at 86, 75, and 50 storeys)
The tallest one being around the same height as Aura.

-8 Elm Street
80 stories at approximately 850 feet (Once again close to Aura's height)

A concern that city council could raise could be related density around Yonge (Dundas to College stretch). More to come to on this development in the next few coming months.
8 Elm Street is in Mississauga, right?
Shakeel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 12:07 AM   #28
isaidso
the new republic

No it's a block south of Gerrard/Yonge in downtown Toronto so a stone's throw away from AURA.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:14 AM   #29
Al-Z

Likes (Received): 41

The preliminary rendering looks impressive. In the next few months we may see more revised renderings. I love the blue glass and that there are no balconies. Hopefully the proposal will be submitted to the city soon. From all the recent supertall proposals in Toronto, this one looks the best.

The Yonge Dundas/College stretch if all developments go ahead could very well be the new tallest cluster in the city. I will not be surprised if the Delta Chelsea redevelopment loses the third tower and transfers that density into 2 towers instead of 3.
Al-Z no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #30
isaidso
the new republic

You could be right about the Eaton Chelsea site and that this might become the new tallest cluster. The lack of balconies is a welcomed design choice; one I hope to see more of in Toronto.

Old March 8th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #31
Victoria123

Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:02 PM   #32
Victoria123

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads....17678/page-33
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #33
Victoria123

363 Yonge Street Community Consultation
April 19, 2017 at 7pm–9pm (Eastern Time)
Panteges Hotel
200 Victoria St
Floor 3 - Rehearsal Hall #3

http://www.ward27news.ca/363_yonge_s...y_consultation

enrigue8 liked this post
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:37 AM   #34
Al-Z

I attended the public consultation meeting. The public reception of the project seemed to be quite positive. Aside from a few issues of potential issues of sewers and waste collection, the project has moved in the right direction. Overall, it was a good event, and had a chance to meet to the architects as well.
I already had a chance to talk to Kristyn Wong Tam about other nearby developments, eg Delta Chelsea and 2 Carleton. The overwhelming concern has been too much density and traffic on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if Delta Chelsea loses one tower and goes the supertall route as well.

Victoria123, enrigue8 liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 09:29 PM   #35
isaidso
the new republic

Good to hear some feedback. More demands on sewers, the electricity grid, etc are valid but traffic on the road doesn't seem to be as big an issue as some assume. People who live downtown rarely drive or take TTC. The extra traffic is almost all on the sidewalk.

We'll need wider sidewalks on lots of our downtown streets. It's people outside the downtown that strain the TTC and roads.

Old April 29th, 2017, 04:58 AM   #36
neilio
lolwut

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Z View Post
I attended the public consultation meeting. The public reception of the project seemed to be quite positive. Aside from a few issues of potential issues of sewers and waste collection, the project has moved in the right direction. Overall, it was a good event, and had a chance to meet to the architects as well.
I already had a chance to talk to Kristyn Wong Tam about other nearby developments, eg Delta Chelsea and 2 Carleton. The overwhelming concern has been too much density and traffic on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if Delta Chelsea loses one tower and goes the supertall route as well.
Are you talking about the Chelsea Gardens Tower 1 and 2?
Old May 3rd, 2017, 02:56 AM   #37
isaidso
the new republic

2 Carlton (2 towers)and the Delta Chelsea site (3 towers) are separate proposals.

Old May 5th, 2017, 04:19 AM   #38
Al-Z

Chelsea Gardens is a separate proposal just across the street from the site of YLS residences. So far the Chelsea gardens proposal has had 3 revisions.

The first proposal had at heights of 80, 74, 50, and 46 storeys.
The second proposal had at heights of 50, 75, and 86 storeys.
The most recent proposal has heights of 50, 88, and 88 storeys. I believe the prosed height of the 88 storey towers is around 285 metres.

It all depends how much density the city is willing to allow in that area and contingent on the units the developer wishes to sell. My guess is the proposal will end up being revised to include 2 towers and the 3rd could be scrapped. It won't be surprising if the developer goes for less density and opts for 2 supertalls.
Old May 5th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #39
isaidso
the new republic

Assuming that the number of units remains the same, is there a benefit from an urban planning pov of going from 3 towers to 2 taller towers?

Old May 5th, 2017, 01:43 PM   #40
Al-Z

From an urban planning pov, there are several benefits of going the 2 tower route. The area is already very congested and 2 towers will use a smaller footprint. That makes issues of vehicles going in and out of the corridor easily. Better for road and public safety. This is part of the reason why neighbouring 8 elm street was rejected by city council. Despite appealing to the OMB, that project will still be rejected.

isaidso liked this post