daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 10th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #41
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Highly unlikely it would be build at all
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:43 AM   #42
jackedi07
YoutubeChannel:Jackedi07

Likes (Received): 522

UAE Companies in Race to Build Second Tallest Tower in Dubai

Dubai is home to the iconic 828-meter Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, but companies there are now vying to claim second place on the list of tallest towers in the emirate.

RP Global, the latest to enter the property development arena, has announced plans to build RP One, which it claims will be the second tallest tower in Dubai.

“The mixed-use tower will be unveiled in the second half of this year. This Dh4-billion development is situated right behind the Business Bay Metro Station on Sheikh Zayed Road and will further define the Dubai city skyline,” company Chairman Dr Ravi Pillai told Emirates 24|7.

Meanwhile, Meydan Group had previously announced plans for the 100-plus-story Entisar Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road in 2013, claiming the right to be the second tallest tower in the emirate.

Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is another company in the race to build the second tallest tower. It announced it plans for Burj 2020 in 2013, stating that it will be the world’s tallest commercial tower. The height of the tower has not been disclosed to date, but it is unlikely be as tall as Burj Khalifa. The company had said earlier that it expects to break ground this year.

In a report, UK-based EC Harris said that within the next decade the trend of building megatall towers – those which reach more than 600 meters high – is likely to increase, particularly in the Middle East.

CTBUH data also reveals there are only 11 towers in the world which are constructed with over 100 floors.

http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...-US/view.aspx#!

Munwon liked this post
jackedi07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:15 AM   #43
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

I really hope that at least one of these towers will be built. Shouldn't be a too unreasonable hope as well. We know dubai can build crazy things
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #44
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29153

"This Dh4-billion development is situated right behind the Business Bay Metro Station"

I have a strong feeling this one is already in ground works stage and we just figured our the location

https://www.flickr.com/photos/omicroz/

getroy, Seoul_Korea, jackedi07 liked this post

Last edited by Gabriel900; June 17th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #45
AltinD
The Modecator

Not ground work stage for sure, just soil testing. While a positive move and an indication of the possible plot, it doesn't really mean much. If market conditions changes towers half-built stops, let alone those not yet really started.

After all the supertall twins on the adjacent plot had the soil testing on site completed a year a go, and nothing happened since

PS: I am more intrigued by the small plot adjacent to the district cooling building. it has a DAMAC billboard on it and I noticed yesterday that ground work started, though it seams small for a tower to be built on it.
I can cheat you blind.

Gabriel900, DubaiM, Dubai Skyscraper liked this post
Old June 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #46
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29153

Yeah definitely not ground work ... that was a poor choice of words from my part
Old June 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM   #47
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post

PS: I am more intrigued by the small plot adjacent to the district cooling building. it has a DAMAC billboard on it and I noticed yesterday that ground work started, though it seams small for a tower to be built on it.
Wow I would never have noticed this little plot! What could it be? As you said, AltinD, it is very small for a highrise.
Old June 18th, 2015, 03:11 PM   #48
DUBAI10000

Likes (Received): 436

It would be nice for this one to be built too, along with entisar tower and Burj 2020, this one has a nice design. Sheik Zayed Road is really busy this year.
DUBAI10000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:16 PM   #49
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

What are the smaller buildings behind the towers?
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #50
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Car parks .... unfortunately

KøbenhavnK liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:24 PM   #51
Jelmer99

Likes (Received): 4

Any news on this one?
Jelmer99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:07 AM   #52
ray_white
Ray White Dubai

Likes (Received): 6

The One by RP in Business Bay Dubai

Is this tower a residential or a commercial project?
When it will be completed?

ray_white no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 06:47 AM   #53
SaVa1989

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hotel company, has been appointed by property investment company RP Global to operate a mixed-use development within its $1 billion tower in Business Bay.

The Jumeirah Business Bay will include a 200-room luxury Jumeirah hotel as well as 350 serviced apartments and 290 luxury residences managed under the Jumeirah brand.

Located in the heart of Business Bay, the super-tall tower will have a built-up area of over 3 million square feet and is expected to be completed before the opening of Expo 2020.

A luxury urban resort destination, the tower will include extensive food and beverage outlets, a Talise Spa and Health Club, conference and banquet facilities and an open air rooftop Sky bar.

Gerald Lawless, president and Group CEO, Jumeirah Group, said: “RP Global is a company committed to excellence, and we look forward to working together and operating this outstanding property.

"As Dubai moves towards its tourism vision of receiving 20 million visitors a year by 2020, we are proud to be strengthening our Jumeirah portfolio in Dubai.”

Ravi Pillai, chairman, RP Group of Companies, the holding company of RP Global, added: “We are investing close to $1 billion of our own resources into Dubai’s real estate sector to develop a world-class tower that will be operated by the esteemed luxury hospitality brand, Jumeirah Group.

"RP Global is committed to superior quality and timely delivery and like the Jumeirah Group, we strive to create well designed, innovative lifestyle concepts for our buyers. Dubai’s resident population is growing rapidly and we are looking forward to adding an iconic tower to Dubai’s skyline in partnership with Jumeirah.”

Jumeirah Group currently operates 23 hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and has a further 25 Jumeirah and Venu properties in the development pipeline.

RP Global has executed projects worth over $25 billion globally and has wide-ranging investments in hospitality, construction and industrial development, healthcare and wellness, education and trading, and operates across Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia.
Source: arabianbusiness.com
SaVa1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM   #54
AltinD
The Modecator

Having Jumeirah Hotel group on board is a encoraging news, considering the group is Government/Sheikh owned
I can cheat you blind.

The-King liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2015, 04:57 PM   #55
jackedi07
YoutubeChannel:Jackedi07

Likes (Received): 522

Hotel Operator Named for Jumeirah Business Bay Tower

Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hotel company, has been appointed by property investment company RP Global to operate a mixed-use development within its $1 billion tower in Business Bay. The Jumeirah Business Bay will include a 200-room luxury Jumeirah hotel as well as 350 serviced apartments and 290 luxury residences managed under the Jumeirah brand.

Located in the heart of Business Bay, the supertall tower will have a built-up area of over three million square feet (279,000 square meters) and is expected to be completed before the opening of Expo 2020.

A luxury urban resort destination, the tower will include extensive food and beverage outlets, a Talise Spa and Health Club, conference and banquet facilities, and an open-air rooftop Sky bar.

Gerald Lawless, President and CEO, Jumeirah Group, said, “RP Global is a company committed to excellence, and we look forward to working together and operating this outstanding property. As Dubai moves towards its tourism vision of receiving 20 million visitors a year by 2020, we are proud to be strengthening our Jumeirah portfolio in Dubai.”

http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...US/view.aspx#!
jackedi07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 07:06 PM   #56
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

well that looks like a new design
Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:51 PM   #57
INFERNAL ELF

Location: Trondheim Trying to reach Someplace with Skyscrapers
Likes (Received): 159

Very good news indeed. Lets just Hope the World economy dozent Run into Crisis levels again before 2020.

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/
INFERNAL ELF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:24 PM   #58
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

not a new design, but a picture of Entisar Tower? I'm confused,

but it does looks so similar: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=159
Old September 5th, 2015, 06:45 AM   #59
DUBAI10000

Likes (Received): 436

We finally have some towers that will put the Burj Khalifa is Perspective, granted this tower is much smaller than the Burj Khalifa but it will make the skyline more balanced especially with the entisar project and p17 on the northern side of the Burj khalifa.
DUBAI10000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 12:33 PM   #60
AltinD
The Modecator

The boarded plot, and there are 'RP ONE' stickers on the boarding now

I can cheat you blind.

getroy, Munwon, sgollis, Patrick Highrise liked this post