daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 26th, 2015, 06:23 AM   #61
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
attempting to throw this back on topic...

yes. this was Realted-Oxford's initial master plan which won them the right to redevelop the railyard:

the designs of the Phase II towers have changed a bunch of times as new renderings came out.

I need to see more of these plans and mode detailed ones to make an opinion. Generally it looks good, but it lacks something really tall and dominant. Kind of no best part. This can be easily remedied if they will find some guts and build something a bit more spectacular - plenty of space there.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

maksnikiforov, mrsmartman liked this post
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2015, 01:08 AM   #62
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

I took pictures of Hudson Yard a few years back. It's one of the grittiest places in Manhattan.
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:57 PM   #63
geoking66

Likes (Received): 6875

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
I took pictures of Hudson Yard a few years back. It's one of the grittiest places in Manhattan.
I wouldn't say gritty, but one of the emptier parts. Chinatown and parts of Upper Manhattan are "grittier."
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #64
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22562

Chinatown and Uptown at least have have character. The old areas of the West Side are definitely gritty.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:09 AM   #65
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
So how many of these buildings are either under construction or in prep mode? At least two or three right?
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:46 AM   #66
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

3 phase I buildings (10, 15 and 30) as well as 55 Hudson Yards, which is not on the railyard, are under construction. 35 Hudson Yards is in prep. 3 Hudson Boulevard (formerly the Girasole) is also in prep. Phase II construction will likely begin around 2018.

citybooster, AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:51 AM   #67
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

delete

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Zaz965 liked this post
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:28 PM   #68
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
Spectre thought he was Walpole, who shouldn't be banned, anyway.

Okay. I have been on the forums for a couple of years now and I have been in several pages where Walpole has been banned from. I've seen people point him out every once in a while whenever he creates a new alias, and I've held my tongue and I've never bothered to ask why. I can't contain myself any longer. Why the hell does this guy keep getting banned!? Can somebody please enlighten me on his offenses!?
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #69
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

I don't think I will get too excited about Phase 2 until Phase 1 is completed. I understand it is a complicated project to build, but as a result, it hasn't proceeded very quickly, and there really isn't enough done to get me that excited about a second phase yet. I want to see how the first towers will turn out.
Also, it is somewhat disappointing that in the initial renders we have seen, there wont be anything taller than 30 Hudson Yards. It's still early, so I guess we will see if anything changes in the future.
Old May 31st, 2015, 12:03 AM   #70
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10287

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarch21 View Post
Okay. I have been on the forums for a couple of years now and I have been in several pages where Walpole has been banned from. I've seen people point him out every once in a while whenever he creates a new alias, and I've held my tongue and I've never bothered to ask why. I can't contain myself any longer. Why the hell does this guy keep getting banned!? Can somebody please enlighten me on his offenses!?
Because when you are banned, you cant make a new account. He gets leniency because his posts are received positively, but at times he'll slip the tongue and say something sexist, homophobic, thoroughly annoying (Shvo, Boehner, etc) and the mods will ban him. And then he gets a new account and the cycle continues until he says something dumb again.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 12:37 AM   #71
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Also, it is somewhat disappointing that in the initial renders we have seen, there wont be anything taller than 30 Hudson Yards. It's still early, so I guess we will see if anything changes in the future.
I wouldn't take these renders or these designs too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Because when you are banned, you cant make a new account. He gets leniency because his posts are received positively, but at times he'll slip the tongue and say something sexist, homophobic, thoroughly annoying (Shvo, Boehner, etc) and the mods will ban him. And then he gets a new account and the cycle continues until he says something dumb again.
Truth... I do appreciate his gung-ho NY enthusiasm but he does say offensive things quite often and seems like a bigot.

He also still posts here, anyone paying attention will know who he is.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 07:20 AM   #72
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Nailed it.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 08:29 AM   #73
Soriehlam

Likes (Received): 101

Stunning renderings, they surely give a Coruscant-like atmosphere to NY. Let's see it in the real world, though.

"Cities, like cats, will reveal themselves at night." - Cathleen Nesbitt

msquaredb liked this post
Soriehlam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:44 AM   #74
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
I wouldn't say gritty, but one of the emptier parts. Chinatown and parts of Upper Manhattan are "grittier."
No it's gritty, dirty, nasty whatever. It's nothing nice, the emptiness has nothing to do with how dirty it is.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:54 AM   #75
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Well, looks like we get a new set of towers to watch as they metamorphose from decent designs to achingly weird attempts at becoming bland boxes...

Hudson11, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #76
Anday

Likes (Received): 1019

I think this is where this should go but i'm not sure though

Tishman Speyer, Eliot Spitzer Plot More Hudson Yards Towers

"The projects continue to pile up at Hudson Yards, as Tishman Speyer is reportedly buying a development site across the street from the Javits Center for more than $300 million $185 million, adding to its Hudson Yards development roster that already includes a potentially massive tower called Hudson Spire. The site new comes with 640,000 735,000 square feet of development rights, and the possibility that Tishman could buy additional air rights to bring that total up to 1.7 million square feet."

"[EDIT: The Crain's article has been updated to reflect that the purchase price is $185 million, not $300 million, and the site comes with 735,000 square feet of development rights, not 640,000.]"

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/0...rds_towers.php

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Anday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #77
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

nah, that's for something different. This is about the railyard redevelopment, which Related and Oxford are in charge of. The Railyard redevelopment will be the centerpoint of the Hudson Yards. The Railyard is the Hudson Yards, but the Hudson Yards isn't necessarily the railyard - it's a new zoning district which covers a good chunk of West midtown.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old June 15th, 2015, 02:26 AM   #78
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
I don't think I will get too excited about Phase 2 until Phase 1 is completed. I understand it is a complicated project to build, but as a result, it hasn't proceeded very quickly, and there really isn't enough done to get me that excited about a second phase yet. I want to see how the first towers will turn out.
yup there are so much time to screw up in many ways. Look at WTC2
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:22 AM   #79
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

this was posted by NYguy over at SSP http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=225

Tags
hudson yards, new york, phase 2