daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #821
golov
Democracy above all
 
golov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Global activist
Posts: 6,732
Likes (Received): 1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bricks View Post
^I think the skyscrapers and other projects in Moscow are very cool, and I think that is what makes Russian forumers so damn nationalistic and overly proud that they go on saying things like "Moscow is the most futuristic city in Europe". Europeans tend to be more humble when it comes to picturing their own cities (which are mostly far ahead of Moscow in almost every field).
Chill buddy, you are acting totally inadequate. Of course Moscovites have a right to think that their city is the best - this is perfectly normal. I see this a lot from Londoners too for example

You can in response say that you don't think Moscow is "the most futuristic city", but don't go on calling whole countries backwards just because of your poor knowledge in the matter
golov no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #822
Gamma-Hamster
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,891
Likes (Received): 97

Can mods please stop Mr Bricks russophobic crusade?
Gamma-Hamster no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #823
Mr Bricks
Registered User
 
Mr Bricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 6,349
Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by golov View Post
Chill buddy, you are acting totally inadequate. Of course Moscovites have a right to think that their city is the best - this is perfectly normal. I see this a lot from Londoners too for example
Very true. Londoners as well as residents of other "alpha world cities" tend to be arrogant and think their city is by far the best in the world. However if a Londoner would claim London to be the most futuristic city in Europe I would not react in the same way. Sure, its debatable but such a claim by a Londoner could at least be taken seriously. Moscow is not on the same level. I do hope Moscow gets there and I believe it will, but Im talking about the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golov View Post
You can in response say that you don't think Moscow is "the most futuristic city", but don't go on calling whole countries backwards just because of your poor knowledge in the matter
Why are people so easily offended? Stop the drama. Anyway, I still want to know in what way my knowledge in "the matter" (?) is poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma-Hamster
Can mods please stop Mr Bricks russophobic crusade?
If you wish to participate in the discussion and be taken seriously please cut the crap and try to come up with real arguments.

Last edited by Mr Bricks; September 18th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Mr Bricks no está en línea  
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #824
uA_TAGA
TUWien/ Architekt
 
uA_TAGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manisa
Posts: 1,995
Likes (Received): 13







[IMG]http://i43.************/2gxiiol.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/r7q5nn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/x3d9hz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/2rp89wp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/rk0ayu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.************/14vh8k8.jpg[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr
[/QUOTE]
uA_TAGA no está en línea  
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #825
soloveich
Збагойный Ватнег
 
soloveich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California Republic
Posts: 5,935
Likes (Received): 7345

Moscow again
soloveich no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #826
anm
имярек
 
anm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Град Китеж
Posts: 3,091
Likes (Received): 5594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bricks View Post
^I think the skyscrapers and other projects in Moscow are very cool, and I think that is what makes Russian forumers so damn nationalistic and overly proud that they go on saying things like "Moscow is the most futuristic city in Europe". Europeans tend to be more humble when it comes to picturing their own cities (which are mostly far ahead of Moscow in almost every field).

Btw, what does it matter where Im from?
Mr. Bricks, it does not matter where you are from, it is that simple that what you just said is crap, and there is nother way to qualify this. There is no city in world, not Europe, that is "far ahead of Moscow in almost every field". Far ahead in some fields - yes, somewhat ahead in many fields - sure, but not "far ahead in almost every field".

I lived half of my life in Moscow and the other half in the USA, have experienced all major US cities including NYC, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, San-Francisco / San Jose, San Diego, LA, etc. so I have reasonable base for comparison. You are just prejudiced.
__________________
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
"Всякая истина, выраженная словами, есть сила, действие которой беспредельно." Лев Толстой
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Воображаемый мир приносит вполне реальные выгоды, если заставить жить в нем других." Веслав Брудзиньский
anm no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #827
warden987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Маннгейм, Баден-&#1042
Posts: 1,190
Likes (Received): 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
Mr. Bricks, it does not matter where you are from, it is that simple that what you just said is crap, and there is nother way to qualify this. There is no city in world, not Europe, that is "far ahead of Moscow in almost every field". Far ahead in some fields - yes, somewhat ahead in many fields - sure, but not "far ahead in almost every field".

I lived half of my life in Moscow and the other half in the USA, have experienced all major US cities including NYC, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, San-Francisco / San Jose, San Diego, LA, etc. so I have reasonable base for comparison. You are just prejudiced.
wow, you have lived in so many American cities. Sorry for an immodest question, but how old are you to have experienecd all this?
warden987 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #828
Mr Bricks
Registered User
 
Mr Bricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 6,349
Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
Mr. Bricks, it does not matter where you are from, it is that simple that what you just said is crap, and there is nother way to qualify this. There is no city in world, not Europe, that is "far ahead of Moscow in almost every field". Far ahead in some fields - yes, somewhat ahead in many fields - sure, but not "far ahead in almost every field".
Most (all?) cities in Western Europe are far more modern, safer, more pedestrian friendly, welathier, cleaner etc. Moscow used to be the capital of an old-fashioned "communist" empire. Now its the capital of a corrupt, unjust and regulated capitalist country. Most cities in Western Europe have been welathy and properous for centuries. Do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
I lived half of my life in Moscow and the other half in the USA, have experienced all major US cities including NYC, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, San-Francisco / San Jose, San Diego, LA, etc. so I have reasonable base for comparison. You are just prejudiced.
I was comparing Moscow to European cities. Im sure Moscow is ahead of Detroit (which is on the brink of collapse). Compared to London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague etc Moscow is far behind.
Mr Bricks no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #829
warden987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Маннгейм, Баден-&#1042
Posts: 1,190
Likes (Received): 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bricks View Post
Most (all?) cities in Western Europe are far more modern, safer, more pedestrian friendly, welathier, cleaner etc. Moscow used to be the capital of an old-fashioned "communist" empire. Now its the capital of a corrupt, unjust and regulated capitalist country. Most cities in Western Europe have been welathy and properous for centuries. Do the math.



I was comparing Moscow to European cities. Im sure Moscow is ahead of Detroit (which is on the brink of collapse). Compared to London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague etc Moscow is far behind.
Just ignore this man. You will never hear anything sensible from him. It seems he is the only one in this thread that has so many Russophobic feelings.
warden987 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #830
Mr Bricks
Registered User
 
Mr Bricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 6,349
Likes (Received): 891

^haha...I just love how easy it is to get people like you upset. You are out of arguments as usual, who are you trying to kid?
Mr Bricks no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #831
anm
имярек
 
anm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Град Китеж
Posts: 3,091
Likes (Received): 5594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bricks View Post
Most (all?) cities in Western Europe are far more modern, safer, more pedestrian friendly, welathier, cleaner etc. Moscow used to be the capital of an old-fashioned "communist" empire. Now its the capital of a corrupt, unjust and regulated capitalist country. Most cities in Western Europe have been welathy and properous for centuries. Do the math.

I was comparing Moscow to European cities. Im sure Moscow is ahead of Detroit (which is on the brink of collapse). Compared to London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague etc Moscow is far behind.
We can stop this crap here, I 've met your type before.
__________________
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
"Всякая истина, выраженная словами, есть сила, действие которой беспредельно." Лев Толстой
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Воображаемый мир приносит вполне реальные выгоды, если заставить жить в нем других." Веслав Брудзиньский
anm no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #832
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
We can stop this crap here, I 've met your type before.
Just to let you know - if he won't I'd probably join - I've also met their kind:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akagoldfish/3150152210/
ainttelling no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #833
Gamma-Hamster
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,891
Likes (Received): 97

http://makzer.livejournal.com/78150.html

By MakZer:







Gamma-Hamster no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #834
golov
Democracy above all
 
golov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Global activist
Posts: 6,732
Likes (Received): 1853

Wow, that is amazing
golov no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #835
isaidso
the new republic
 
isaidso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The United Provinces of America
Posts: 29,633
Likes (Received): 10788

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainttelling View Post
You don't behave civilized.

EDIT: By the way, being that far-left that I am, I'm always happy when I see a non-European country, such as Finland and Russia, achieve success.
Non-European?
__________________
World's 1st Baseball Game: June 4th, 1838, Beachville, Ontario, Canada
North America's Oldest Pro Football Teams: Toronto Argonauts (1873) and Hamilton Tiger Cats (1869)

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #836
blackmoskito
Registered User
 
blackmoskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: İstanbul
Posts: 123
Likes (Received): 34

could you guys please stop this stupid discussion???
blackmoskito no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #837
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Non-European?
Finland doesn't speak an Indo-European language and Russia preferred to assimilate and integrate its minorities as opposed to traditional European ethnic cleansing and segregation. Plus, Russia and Finland were the only two countries in geographical Europe where people continued to take baths after the adoption of Christianity.
ainttelling no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #838
Major Deegan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,835
Likes (Received): 3991

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainttelling View Post
Finland doesn't speak an Indo-European language and Russia preferred to assimilate and integrate its minorities as opposed to traditional European ethnic cleansing and segregation. Plus, Russia and Finland were the only two countries in geographical Europe where people continued to take baths after the adoption of Christianity.
Whether or not they took baths in Finland/Russia in the Nth centuries is a bogus argument and is completely irrelevant to the fact that both Finland and Russia are, in fact, integral parts of Europe both culturally and geographically. And don't even get me started on ethnic and cultural cleansing in Russian-controlled territories!
Major Deegan no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #839
ainttelling
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 931
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Deegan View Post
And don't even get me started on ethnic and cultural cleansing in Russian-controlled territories!
Please.
ainttelling no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #840
golov
Democracy above all
 
golov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Global activist
Posts: 6,732
Likes (Received): 1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainttelling View Post
Finland doesn't speak an Indo-European language
So Hungary and Estonia are not part of Europe either?
golov no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu