daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:37 AM   #261
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1330

Shots of NAIA T3 (taken yesterday Aug. 2, 2008, the second day of Cebu Pacific's operations at the new terminal) by [dx]

Check-in area

Airport security

^No shops yet. just small kiosks of food outlets

Cebu Pacific's pre-departure area was a mess! very disorganized, there weren't even enough chairs for all the passengers, the PA system was inaudible, some flights were delayed for over 3 hrs, etc

View of Metro Manila skyline from NAIA T3

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM   #262
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 591

There are many unilluminated portions, bare concrete, and the seats are out of place (they should be in the area near the terminal's windows facing the tarmac) in the pics, our Airport Authority should look at those problems ASAP.
anonymous_filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM   #263
airman007
Airman007

Likes (Received): 0

Yeah it looks really chaotic. but im sure that gets ironed out as time passes.. its a pretty big building and its running at 60% capacity already..

i think it should be all international though..
airman007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM   #264
EPA001

Likes (Received): 5818

It is very good to see the third terminal finally in operation. Due to fact that it stood unused for 6 years, it will take them time to iron out all the bugs in the systems and in the operations. But within 1-2 years this terminal will run smoothly. A great improvement for Manila and the Philippines economy as a whole.

Hopefully next year I will be back in the Philippines and will enjoy this new terminal.

Now I am wondering, will the very old and way too small domestic terminal be closed and moved to the old International terminal 1 at NAIA? Does anyone have information about this?
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan
EPA001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM   #265
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 573

As far as I know, Terminal 1 will house Cebu Pacific only. I guess if they get rid of PAL's international operations at Terminal 2, then the two airlines operating from the old domestic terminal can transfer there.
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #266
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 660

@ JustHorace --Please don't make any claim you can't support with... There is no definite plan for T1 yet, besides, all other international flag carriers are not moved in T3 yet so we will have to wait and see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_filipino View Post
There are many unilluminated portions, bare concrete, and the seats are out of place (they should be in the area near the terminal's windows facing the tarmac) in the pics, our Airport Authority should look at those problems ASAP.

We all very well known that the terminal building isn't 100 % complete, expect several wrinkles here and there, after all, this is still part of their trial to get T3 jump started to see if it's feasible to completely transfer all international airlines and even convince all these airline companies to move their operations here. Please let us all be patient and use comon sense as to why there are still kinks two weeks after the openning date. Let's just be happy that this terminal building is atleast partially operational because it's causing all the filipinos their tax money in paying up the million dollars of debt we are incuring from the foreign companies who financed the construction of this terminal building.

Last edited by mwg12a; August 4th, 2008 at 02:19 AM.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:17 AM   #267
airman007
Airman007

Well thats true mwg12a. I have a feeling that it would be hard to convince Cebu Pacific to let go of NAIA 3, considering they have already set up their operations there. Gokongwei himself said that they would rather just stay in NAIA 3, and being the first one to move to the terminal, their request would most likely be granted. Unless ofcourse, there would actually be someone who would have the balls to reshuffle the airlines again.

NAIA 1 would probably still be in service for alot of the international airlines. currently with CEB in Terminal 3, its already at 60% capacity. It does not make sense for everyone to cram in the new terminal and not use the old one.

I wish T3 would be all international though. It would be alot nicer if it was.
airman007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM   #268
mwg12a

Yes, I keep on getting that vibes also. It's all good, anything to decongest T1 and hopefully they can give a little bit of a face lift in T1. It's not really all bad of a terminal building and it's very classic. I was hoping T3 would also be all international only but, oh well...

They were just saying it's 60 % operational but I don't think they are pertaining to the terminal's capacity. It just means they just need to iron out that 40% of that facility to have the terminal in 100% full swing. T3 is wayyyyyy too big for those 3 little domestic airlines with one few international service from cebu pacific airways.

If you add up Cebu Pacific, PAL, air Philippines, seair and asian spirit's annual passenger, it would only be less than half of T3 maximum capacity of 13 million, because the combined total operations of T1, T2 and the old Manila is around 18 million passengers annually, it also accounted all the international air carriers. So, since it's only PAL express , cebu Pacific and air Philippines for domestic and Cebu pacific's international operation, it's only filling up 30 % of the T3's space I would imagine....

Air Philippines , Cebu Pacific and PAL all service international or asian regional routes so if they set up in T3, it won't be too bad to remove all the domestic services out of T3, because they would be still be using whatever they left in T3 for their international operations, such as computer, lounges, offices and such, even their staffs...

Last edited by mwg12a; August 4th, 2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #269
hein
BANNED

Sh*%&T, I see the dreaded SHODDY Pinoy quality creeping into the new NAIA3....

Susmariya, those ugly TARPAULIN signages come straight from NAIA 1. Hope they dont stay permanent.

Look at the font of the money changer sign. It does not match that of the other airport directionals.... Tsk Tsk

Look at the guys on the right. The airport staff uniforms are suitable for CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. Faded MAONG Jeans???!!!! JEEZ!!!

And those Circa 1982 plant boxes were also taken from NAIA Terminal 1. YEECCHHH!!!

This is just the START. Its gonna get WORSE.......
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #270
diz
Unregistered User

Chill. If you don't like these mostly temporary things, then don't bother going there.

As mentioned, the plan was to open this airport for international flights in 8 months. But Cebu Pacific rushed things and that's the result of what happend..
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #271
mwg12a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post

Susmariya, those ugly TARPAULIN signages come straight from NAIA 1. Hope they dont stay permanent.

Look at the font of the money changer sign. It does not match that of the other airport directionals.... Tsk Tsk

Look at the guys on the right. The airport staff uniforms are suitable for CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. Faded MAONG Jeans???!!!! JEEZ!!!

And those Circa 1982 plant boxes were also taken from NAIA Terminal 1. YEECCHHH!!!

Okay, this is a classic example of a typical filipino mentality. They allow their 3rd world mentality creep up to them and you think this would earn a respect from all non filipinos who read this? If the filipinos look at them lowly this way how else would a foreign would look at filipinos if the filipinos don't even have a respect for themselves? Filipinos doesn't necessarily need to put the Philippines into a pedastal but good Lord, you don't put your own country down. It is not enough that a filipino can speak better english comparing to most other non english speaking countries but the content in your brain is more important. There is this better airport being openned why can't you be just happy there is atleast SOMETHING the filipino people can have? You are not impressing anybody here HEIN, you are just making yourself look like a fool...
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #272
sonnyville
이 스니

Likes (Received): 23

i haven't been to terminal 3 yet, but the touch of green actually gives plenty of life to the airport. it doesn't look bad at all, so why are people jumping in to such negative mode and degrading the terminal when they probably haven't even been able to go inside and see it from the inside? stop being so judge mental people. "ay panget" kaagad eh hinde pa naman kayo nakakapasok pala at try the facility out for yourselves. it seems like people have forgotten that it had just barely opened and of course some things are still lacking. they're barely moving in. give it time and be patient. this is just phase 1 of things. good job cebu pacific! i like all the plants within the airport, and they should add more. i can't wait to be there!

The New Garuda Indonesia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-eIuUdujEk
sonnyville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:14 AM   #273
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
You are not impressing anybody here HEIN, you are just making yourself look like a fool...
AGREE....he has nothing good to describe about the PHilippines. Most of his posts are anti-progress, anti-government. He might be one of those militants. Go to hell HEIN.
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #274
diz
Unregistered User

You can't say that.
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #275
hein
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieR View Post
AGREE....he has nothing good to describe about the PHilippines. Most of his posts are anti-progress, anti-government. He might be one of those militants. Go to hell HEIN.
You are living in HELL Ronnier. And you seem to enjoy it.

Attention to QUALITY is what Pinoys lack, thats why the Philippines acts, looks and feels 3rd WORLD.

For example, why are these construction workers allowed to loiter in the HIGH SECURITY terminal area? This would not be possible in other airports like CHANGI or CHEP LAP KOK. Some of them are even lounging on the floor. How would this look to the foreign tourists? This is supposed to be our showcase to the world.

FYI, I am not a militant. I work in the area of Quality Control. I am exposed to how the Germans and the Japanese are in terms of EXCELLENCE in WORKMANSHIP. And believe me- they take it very, very seriously.

Learn from the things I am pointing out because if you were to hire a European, Singaporean, Japanese or American quality consultant they will tell you the same things- and charge you $30,000.

It is important to do things RIGHT from the very start (with no EXCUSES)- a concept that Pinoys have to learn if they want to be WORLD-CLASS.

Last edited by hein; August 5th, 2008 at 03:28 PM.
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #276
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
@ JustHorace --Please don't make any claim you can't support with... There is no definite plan for T1 yet, besides, all other international flag carriers are not moved in T3 yet so we will have to wait and see...
Sorry I used the wrong term. I really meant that there is a possibility for CebPac to hold on to terminal 1 and I based it on this article. Reading the article again though, it seems like if ever Cebu Pacific gets terminal one, and pushes through with their present plan, T1 might not function as an airport terminal, but rather, a commercial complex. Sounds silly, really.

I might agree with Hein on that Money Changer sign. It's ugly. But I have to go with the rest of you. The terminal's just starting to function. It's not an instantaneous situation wherein everything goes swell right away. Let's give it some time to cool off.
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #277
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 2760

Quote:

Attention to QUALITY is what Pinoys lack, thats why the Philippines acts, looks and feels 3rd WORLD.

For example, why are these construction workers allowed to loiter in the HIGH SECURITY terminal area? This would not be possible in other airports like CHANGI or CHEP LAP KOK. Some of them are even sitting on the floor. How would this look to the foreign tourists? This is supposed to be our showcase to the world.

FYI, I am not a militant. I work in the area of Quality Control. I am exposed to how the Germans and the Japanese are in terms of EXCELLENCE in WORKMANSHIP. And believe me- they take it very, very seriously.

Learn from the things I am pointing out because if you were to hire a European, Singaporean, Japanese or American quality consultant they will tell you the same things- and charge you $30,000.

It is important to do things RIGHT from the very start (with no EXCUSES)- a concept that Pinoys have to learn if they want to be WORLD-CLASS.
You are a typical crab, .... there are many ways to do constructive criticism and you don't have to tell me about Quality.....read how you write, how you put down the government, read your other posts..... wake up ! The more you talk, it shows your ignorance....remember that NAIA 3 is not 100% finished, thus the presence of your alleged construction workers is inevitable.... we waited for 6 long years for the opening of this terminal and here you are screaming....
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #278
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

@ RonnieR

Here...here, RonnieR!
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #279
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

@ hein

Quote:
What's so 'shoddy' about the ceiling/roof of the check-in counter hall?!

Quote:
Well, duh! Of course they'd initially used tarps! THEY JUST MOVED IN!

Quote:
Uh, is that even an issue?! If it is, changing that signboard is easy.

Quote:
Well, at least he's not shirtless!

Quote:
Why is your mindset so bitterly negative! Can't you hope that it'd get better?!

==========================================================================================================================

Dude, before you ******* complain and whine, why don't you take all things into perspective first.

The opening of NAIA's Terminal 3 was rushed. So, you should expect that the Manila Airport Authority would have to 'import' some furnitures and fixtures from NAIA one. And, I believe their presence at NAIA Terminal 3 will be a temporary one.

Don't you see, these are minute details that can be ironed-out in the coming months.

While the Germans and the Japanese are, indeed, meticulous perfectionists, their main international gateways (Frankfurt and Tokyo-Narita) aren't any better relative to NAIA's Terminal 3.

In fact, I can daresay that the terminals at Frankfurt and Tokyo-Narita aren't as pleasant-looking as NAIA Terminal 3.

You complain about airport staff uniforms by pointing-out that they look like construction workers because they're wearing denim jeans. So what?! Are denim jeans so undesirable that they make your eyes bleed?! NO! I mean, c'mon! At least, they're not shirtless!

You complain about the non-uniformity between the font of the money changer kiosk's signboard and the terminal's directionals. So?! Does it make the terminal any less functional!

I mean, I, too, am fond of criticizing. But, at least, I do it constructively. At first look, I know what you mean when you say that there is a lack of detail put in place in and around the terminal complex physical-wise and service-wise. But, I put in mind that it has only been operational for less than a month so that operational glitches are inevitable. Heck, even London-Heathrow's Terminal 5 experienced embarassing glitches in its first weeks of operation.

So, please don't rant like an idiot about uber-minute stuff and try to be more constructive as well as optimistic. Because, when you do, I can assure you, you'll live a happier and more fulfilling life.

Last edited by The Cebuano Exultor; August 5th, 2008 at 04:42 PM.
The Cebuano Exultor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #280
FerrariLover

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

For example, why are these construction workers allowed to loiter in the HIGH SECURITY terminal area? This would not be possible in other airports like CHANGI or CHEP LAP KOK. Some of them are even lounging on the floor. How would this look to the foreign tourists? This is supposed to be our showcase to the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, Wag nyo na patulan si Hein, kung yun ang paniwala at nakikita nya
sa NAIA3 bagong bukas na airport natin, this is a free world, he had the
right to speak and give his commentd.

Ang payo ko lang sa kanya. Magpatuli muna sya para tumangkad sya kase
baka supot pa sya at di nya maabot ang talino at humor nating mga Pinoy..
Hala sige Hein punta na kay Mang Ambo at magpatuli ka na...
FerrariLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila, south asian hub airport