daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #341
airman007
Airman007

Likes (Received): 0

I thought CEB airbus planes are using the airbridges. That one on the pic isnt. Im confused with what procedure do they really have in here. hmm..

And yeah i doubt that PAL will separate their INternational and domestic operations. I believe they have agreed to move to T3 only if they can have both the operations there. They are also planning of putting up a domestic annex for the sole use of PAL in T3. I believe i have read it somewhere, though now i am not very sure if they are still pushing through with it.
airman007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #342
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

The third terminal, Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3, was approved for construction in 1997. The ultra modern facility was designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM) to have a capacity of 13 to 15 million passengers per year.

Terminal 3 is built on a 63.5-hectare lot that sits on Villamor Air Base. The terminal building has a total floor area of 182,500 m², having a total length of 1.2 kilometres. A four-level shopping mall connects the terminal and parking buildings. The parking building has a capacity of 2,000 cars while the outdoor parking area has a capacity of 1,200 cars. The terminal is capable of servicing 33,000 passengers daily at peak or 6,000 passengers per hour.

Its apron area has a size of 147,400 m², 34 air bridges, 20 contact gates with the ability of servicing 28 planes at any given time. The terminal has 70 flight information terminals, 314 display monitors, with 300 kilometres of fibre optic I.T. cabling. It also has 29 restroom blocks. The departure area has five entrances all equipped with X-ray machines with the final security check having 18 X-ray machines while its baggage claim has 7 large baggage carousels, each with its own flight display monitor.

NAIA 3 Photos from http://www.unlawyer.net

A view of the still unfinished shopping and restaurant floor

Last edited by normandb; August 17th, 2008 at 01:34 AM.
normandb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #343
EPA001

Likes (Received): 5823

Very good picture update! It is good to see T3 in operation. I hope they finish T3 soon (shops, other facilities, etc.) so that more passengers travelling to and from Manila can enjoy this terminal soon! The waiting for it to be opened has taken way too long already! Hope to see this to be the main terminal of NAIA soon. Maybe they can then refurbish some of the older terminals and find a different place for that outdated domestic terminal! That would be a major improvement!
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan
EPA001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 05:00 AM   #344
airman007
Airman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA001 View Post
Very good picture update! It is good to see T3 in operation. I hope they finish T3 soon (shops, other facilities, etc.) so that more passengers travelling to and from Manila can enjoy this terminal soon! The waiting for it to be opened has taken way too long already! Hope to see this to be the main terminal of NAIA soon. Maybe they can then refurbish some of the older terminals and find a different place for that outdated domestic terminal! That would be a major improvement!
I agree! this is very comprehensive. good job!!
airman007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #345
dattebayo
User lang

Likes (Received): 4

I hope that the building won't deteriorate too fast. we're still gonna use it in the olympics.
dattebayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #346
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1330

omg a jollibee! lol
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #347
flesh_is_weak
Oberste Richter

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
I hope that the building won't deteriorate too fast. we're still gonna use it in the olympics.
i think we'll need DMIA for that...IMO, MM cant accommodate an olympic stadium, much more and olympic village and other game venues
flesh_is_weak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #348
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 661

What Olympic? World Olympic or Asian olympic? If it's the same magnitude as World/Beijing Olympic, with curren infastructure, surely none in the Philipppines can accomodate it . Airport wise if all 3 Termial building is operational, I don't see why the Philippines can't accomodate all of the guests, but when it comes to venues? There is a need for a bigger and newer stadium and other facilities for it which would cost billions of dollars... Even if there is a DMIA airport in place, without the venues , it would not be a very enjoyable experience to the athletes and guests. There would be enough hotels I'm pretty sure.. just the venue would be the biggest problem..
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #349
NOVO ECIJANO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtofly View Post
You know guys let the other people express their feeling. This is a forum. Just be mature enough and respect. You cannot impose to other people things what you want even to your self you cannot do it. So be professional.

You know what the truth is and keep it with your self. Just wait till they see the reality.

I know sometime we need a mirror to see our mistake.

We should be an open minded person and we should learn to accept.

One thing I can suggest is just go for the positive. I can see that some of you here show more pathetic or dumb than the person you are attacking.

I know Philippines are great country, but this country need to have a great citizens.

We need to move forward.

All of us know that we love our own mother country. Word does nothing deed do everything.
i agree with hein,although he said in a harsh way.the signage,the planters really turned me off.miaa should hire good interior designer,we have plenty of them.
NOVO ECIJANO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #350
hein
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVO ECIJANO View Post
i agree with hein,although he said in a harsh way.the signage,the planters really turned me off.miaa should hire good interior designer,we have plenty of them.

A short consultation with a competent interior designer would have prevented this hodge-podge chopsuey look. The donut shop looked cheap, messy and flimsy- something you might find in a flea market "tiangge". And the country-style wooden chairs do not go well with the blue metal ones.

Last edited by hein; August 22nd, 2008 at 10:57 PM.
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #351
FerrariLover

Likes (Received): 1

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Hein you are very funny.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Why are you speaking our language you are not filipino go to other
forum please. Don't spoil our forum please.

Ha Ha Ha Ha... Hein...

Hein..Hein..Hein... Heil Hitler...
FerrariLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #352
NOVO ECIJANO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 149

awesome airport,there are flaws but this is something we can be proud of.i wish they use more steel and glass and clad the round coumn in stainless steel so it would look more hi tech.
NOVO ECIJANO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #353
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1330

originally posted by absinthe:

Philippine's President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo claps during the installation ceremony of the bust of late Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr., at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 3 in Manila August 18, 2008.

Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo applauds as she installs a bronze bust of former Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr. at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 3 in suburban Manila on Monday Aug. 18, 2008.

Philippines President Gloria Arroyo (C) looks up during a ceremony installing a bronze bust commemorating assasinated opposition leader Benigno Aquino's 25th death anniversary in the newly opened Terminal 3 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila on August 18, 2008.

Philippines President Gloria Arroyo (C) issues some instructions to her staff during a ceremony installing a bronze bust commemorating the assasinated opposition leader Benigno Aquino's 25th death anniversary in the newly opened Terminal 3 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila on August 18, 2008.

Philippines President Gloria Arroyo (C) applauds during a ceremony installing a bronze bust commemorating assasinated opposition leader, Benigno Aquino's 25th death anniversary in the newly opened Terminal 3 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila on August 18, 2008.

STRESSED NA SI GLORIA

Philippine's President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo gestures during the installation ceremony of the bust of the late Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr., at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 3 in Manila August 18, 2008.

www.daylife.com
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #354
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 661

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post

A short consultation with a competent interior designer would have prevented this hodge-podge chopsuey look. The donut shop looked cheap, messy and flimsy- something you might find in a flea market "tiangge". And the country-style wooden chairs do not go well with the blue metal ones.
Like we have said before, it's still on a trial run. The concessionaires are only contracted for six months, MEANNING, EVERYTHING EXCEPT THOSE PERMANENT FIXTURE AND THINGS THAT BELONGS TO THE TERMINAL BUILDING THAT IS A PERMANENT PART OF THE BUILDING WILL STAY BUT THE REST ARE "TEMPORARY" that is due to the fact that the Philippine government is STILL WORKING on the LEGAL aspect of the building since the Philippine government EXPROPRIATE the building.

Do you even read the news? There are news articles posted here and in the Philippine thread as well in connection with the openning of Terminal 3. There are also articles on the internet you can read as far as the legal aspect of this once mothballed edifice. You don't pass judgement on something right away WITHOUT LOOKING AT FACTS. This is why the Philippines don't really progress because there are filipinos with this type of mentality. They whine on just about anything without looking and reading for facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVO ECIJANO View Post
There is this so called "constructive critism" there is also something called "senseless noise". Constructive critizism are very much welcome whether it is harsh or cold at times, the point is, if someone make constructive critism, it means they also looked at things in different angle and not complain because they are hasty on what they think relevant to complain, so far, hein never showed any of these. A good example is what he has been complaining about this time, the concessionaires. I believe I explained it clearly that those are temporary fixtures. Watch when he respond this time, he would still push for his convoluted ideas then create nothing but just a senseless and purposeless noise. Typical of those who is nothing but a chronic complainer whether it is sensible or non-sense.

Last edited by mwg12a; August 20th, 2008 at 02:29 AM.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #355
FerrariLover

Fellow SSC members, mas mabuti na di na lang pansinin itong Hein na ito
kase gaya sa isang drug addict kapag pinapansin lalo na pa praning itong
tao na ito, so hayaan natin sya mag post ng ganyan para bang wla tayo
nabasa kase tulad sya sa isang mongoloid na nasiraan ng ulo. Nakakaawa
ang ganitong klase tao. Parang yun makapili sa panahon ng Hapon. Kaya
maipapayo ko lang kung di nyo kaya na ma Ban sya dito dahil isa sya sa
moderator ng forum na ito tiis tayo sa mga sinasabi nya dito.Ganun lang
yun.
FerrariLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 06:32 AM   #356
Fastphilly

Can someone list the airlines that are currently serving Ninoy Aquino Intl. Airport....Non-Phillipine carriers only...

Thanks..
Fastphilly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM   #357
ericlucky290

Here is the list from wikipedia:
Air Hong
Air Macau
Air Niugini
Asiana Airlines
Cathay Pacific
China Airlines
China Southern Airlines
Continental Airlines (operated by Continental Micronesia)
Emirates
Etihad Airways
EVA Air
Gulf Air
Hawaiian Airlines
Hong Kong Express [begins September 26]
Japan Airlines (operated by JALways)
Jetstar Asia Airways
KLM
Korean Air Busan
Kuwait Airways
Malaysia Airlines
Northwest Airlines
Qantas Brisbane
Qatar Airways
Royal Brunei Airlines
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways International
ericlucky290 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM   #358
Fastphilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlucky290 View Post
Here is the list from wikipedia:
Air Hong
Air Macau
Air Niugini
Asiana Airlines
Cathay Pacific
China Airlines
China Southern Airlines
Continental Airlines (operated by Continental Micronesia)
Emirates
Etihad Airways
EVA Air
Gulf Air
Hawaiian Airlines
Hong Kong Express [begins September 26]
Japan Airlines (operated by JALways)
Jetstar Asia Airways
KLM
Korean Air Busan
Kuwait Airways
Malaysia Airlines
Northwest Airlines
Qantas Brisbane
Qatar Airways
Royal Brunei Airlines
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways International

Thanks for the list....Wow, only one European carrier flys to Manila?
Fastphilly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM   #359
ericlucky290

Yes, that is correct! Lufthansa has end its service to Manila.
ericlucky290 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #360
bradwhey
bradwhey

Likes (Received): 2

bradwhey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila, south asian hub airport