daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #381
hein
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandb View Post
Pre-Departure waiting area is too NARROW and TIGHT. You're gonna have congestion problems when you have a full 747-400 flight.
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2008, 02:00 AM   #382
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1333

Old September 26th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #383
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 663

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
Pre-Departure waiting area is too NARROW and TIGHT. You're gonna have congestion problems when you have a full 747-400 flight.
The Terminal building is designed for 15M passengers yearly, if NAIA T1 can handle it, why can't T3 when T1 can only accomodate 7M passengers yearly? I would really strongly suggest that you need to get out of there and see it for yourself. Don't base your comments on pictures only. You don't seems to read the other articles as well. Once someone took a picture of the terminal at a certain angle, it doesn't usually look the same in real life.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #384
flying_olympic

the only thing that bothers me is that the seats/benches are in a weird configuration. Instead of it facing towards the tarmac, they should set them back to back giving it more room. like what most intl airports have.
flying_olympic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #385
diz
Unregistered User

they should make it look like how it's set up in Terminal 2 or Iloilo Airport.
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #386
Louman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
The Terminal building is designed for 15M passengers yearly, if NAIA T1 can handle it, why can't T3 when T1 can only accomodate 7M passengers yearly? I would really strongly suggest that you need to get out of there and see it for yourself. Don't base your comments on pictures only. You don't seems to read the other articles as well. Once someone took a picture of the terminal at a certain angle, it doesn't usually look the same in real life.
I've walk through a similar sized airport like in the picture. It was never anywhere near as crowded as what hein predicts it to be. It's not like people will be walking around all the time.
Louman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #387
Dreamtofly
Flying HigH

Likes (Received): 15

Hej, people I think most of you here forgotten that the wing open on NAIA T3 is the domestic wings. I don't think so that this gate will be full and I don't think so as well that domestic airline will use 747 or wide body aircraft.
Old September 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #388
hein
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtofly View Post
Hej, people I think most of you here forgotten that the wing open on NAIA T3 is the domestic wings. I don't think so that this gate will be full and I don't think so as well that domestic airline will use 747 or wide body aircraft.
NAIA 3 means Ninoy Aquino INTERNATIONAL Airport, it will be serving 747's and maybe even A380's in the near future.

This is a better designed boarding area from a TOP-RANKED Incheon airport. Notice the wider and more comfortable seat arrangement.

The ceilings are higher too, giving the passengers a less claustrophobic experience.

Last edited by hein; September 26th, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #389
mwg12a

Hein??? T3 is designed to accomodate 15M passengers yearly, just for international opertions alone. that 15M can still probably accomodate beyond that. T1 can accomodate 7Million passengers yearly . If T3 is designed for 15Million yearly, having 10 747 at the same time can be very well accomodated at the same time. Even if they started receiving A380, the only thing that they might need to add is a contact bridge that is designed especifically for A380.

I do agree with you about the low ceiling in the predeparture lounge/gates though, but then again it's already there so we can't do anything about it. There are many terminal building even here in the US that has lower ceiling, just like Memphis International, Nashville and even in St Louis' Lambart's international airport. People don't get clautrophobic though. What makes that area looks funny in NAIA's T3 are the chair, it should be positioned like how it is in the picture you've shown just like in NAIA T2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtofly View Post
T3 is designed for international use. The government just convinced the local carriers to put their domestic operations there just for a test, there is no domestic wing in this building so somehow Hein is correct. Hopefully, once the government cleared up all the problems in T3 including safety all international carriers would move there and that all domestic operations would be in T2 as originally planned, hopefully there would be a link between the two terminal buildings for domestic transit passengers.

Last edited by mwg12a; September 26th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old September 27th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #390
diz
Unregistered User

dude LOL. If you're that pissed about it's design, contact the designer and the contractors and complain to them why the hell they made the airport the way you're complaining about instead of trolling this thread.

how bout exploring the airport first hein?
i doubt there have been pics of the international wing.
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #391
FerrariLover

Likes (Received): 1

Hein...You cannot see men in briefs in T3, all of them are educated.
So sorry if you are expecting macho man in T3.
FerrariLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #392
Dreamtofly
Flying HigH

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
NAIA 3 means Ninoy Aquino INTERNATIONAL Airport, it will be serving 747's and maybe even A380's in the near future.

This is a better designed boarding area from a TOP-RANKED Incheon airport. Notice the wider and more comfortable seat arrangement.

The ceilings are higher too, giving the passengers a less claustrophobic experience.
Who told you that there is no domestic wing in T3? Look at this pic and read the sign.

Old September 27th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #393
mwg12a

^ @dreamtofly >No silly, before the MIAA openned T3 to public, it is designed to house all international air carriers for international flights. That sign has been there ever since, it is intended for those with domestic connection which is "supposedly" T2. Just like in T1, there is a help desk there for those who has domestic transfers so the passengers can go there and get into a shuttle to either T2 or Manila domestic airport, this is aside from the taxicab you can take, i think it was just these past couple years or three that there are local airline provided shuttle services so that all the passengers would be safe from any unscrupulous elements out there in the streets.
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #394
AceN
Expelled

Likes (Received): 3491

Why they use CRT instead of LCD for the check in desk ?.....NAIA deserve it

“Never argue with IDIOT people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience ! ”
AceN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 06:28 AM   #395
mwg12a

The terminal building was first constructed in 2002 i believe and was already 90% completed by the year 2004 however the construction was halted and left idled for 6 years due to legal issues between the builder and the Philippine government. Everything that was installed including the CRT monitors well left there until August this year when the terminal was finally openned to the public, so whatever is in that building 6 years ago was left as it is, including the CRT. There is still so much to do to finally complete the terminal building by 100%. Maybe in the future they can switch to LCDs who knows by the end of next year, they might slowly switch to LCD. Although there is a visible LCD I believe in the concourse going to the departure gates.
Old September 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #396
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1178

with the influx of more tourists yearly plus businessmen and ofws, in a few years this airport will be over capacity. We need a massive airport comparable with our Asian neighbors.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #397
stanleymalls
Ascended Being

Likes (Received): 10

By the way guys. Where is the biggest airport in Asia? I just wanna ask.

Let's make it even more bigger in scale here in Manila, being the Premiere Window to the Philippines.
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #398
diz
Unregistered User

Beijing, obviously. I think Dubai will be bigger tho. Unless Beijing builds a terminal 4 which i think it is.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #399
mwg12a

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappypants View Post
with the influx of more tourists yearly plus businessmen and ofws, in a few years this airport will be over capacity. We need a massive airport comparable with our Asian neighbors.
I believe the international passenger operation is around 7Million passengers yearly, if T3 is good for 15M passengers as long as the domestic operation is not included in T3, it will last for 20 years, I don't foresee any major increase in tourist travelling to the Philippines, number one, the ever increasing prices of gasoline would affect the foreign tourism industry, second, there is this issue about MNLF fighting in Mindanao would turn off foreign tourists. Airline industry would probably benefit more from the OFWs more than anything else. Huge airports such as KLIA is not warranted at this point considering KLIA is very much under utilized according to reports.
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #400
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1178

try to go back first before you make a judgement. Every year I use that airport there are more and more tourists coming . They may not be increasing dramaticallly from European tourists but there are more Asian tourists coming ,some are staying permanently like the Koreans and Chinese. Ofws and balikbayans will also increase and because of the BPO industy there are also increased business travel. the sex tourists are also increasing, variety from usual thailand , I guess, the mnlf and milf problems have always been there. Even the airport authorities themselves stated in a few years this airport will be overcapacity. don't judge from the pictures.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila, south asian hub airport