daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:14 PM   #421
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1174

DOT reports 157% growth in Q1 arrivals of German, Russian tourists
By Ma. Elisa P. Osorio
Saturday, October 4, 2008
The Department of Tourism (DOT) said yesterday that the number of German and Russian tourists who arrived in the country in the first quarter rose by 157 percent. To sustain this rate of growth, DOT said it would be joining more European trade fairs.

“The significant expenditure growth can be highly attributed to our presence in the International Tourismus Borse last year. More than strengthening established links, we will surely gain momentum from these salvos of travel trade fairs slated before the year ends,” Tourism Secretary Joseph Durano said.

“We hope to get a chunk of outgoing Russian tourist expenditure which is reported at $16.1 billion in 2006, and continues to rise,” he noted.

The DOT is stepping up its campaign for high-spending travelers under the umbrella theme of Nature, Adventure and Culture.

“More than just diving, we are offering bird-watching, which is fast becoming a multibillion dollar tourism industry,” Durano said.

In line with this, a month-long bird watching activity package is being offered at a price ranging from $10,000 to $15,000 including airfare and lodging. A Bird Watching Guidebook for Europeans is also being prepared.

The DOT has successfully concluded its participation in three travel fairs, and three more are scheduled for the rest of the year.

The DOT said Europeans are already familiar with tourist destinations in the Philippines.

“The familiarity of the French market with our destinations is also due to our partnership with Koh Lanta TV show, which featured Caramoan and Palawan,” Eduardo Jarque Jr., DOT undersecretary for tourism planning and promotions, said.

Koh Lanta is the French version of American reality show Survivor. Koh Lanta shot its entire 2008 season in Gota Beach, Camsur, while last year it featured Palawan. The show is being aired in France, Belgium, Switzerland and North Africa.

“The country gained a lot of media mileage as we also hosted the grand finale of the show which was featured live on TV,” Jarque said.

Meanwhile, Jarque underscored the importance of having a Philippine honorary consul in St. Petersburg, which is instrumental in linking up with representatives of the city government.

“After several sales missions in Moscow, we have conducted research and surveys which revealed the potential of St. Petersburg,” Jarque said.

He said the new passenger port and reconstruction plans for Pulkovo airport provide opportunities to boost tourism for the Philippines.

“We are targeting travelers planning their winter holidays and trade players in search of new packages as according to a study 84 percent of total travel departures from Russia is from the leisure market,” Jarque said.

The country is presenting its prime destinations of sun, sea and sand for the Otdykh Leisure Moscow while health and wellness packages are the main attractions for the Luxury Leisure Fair.

AND WITH THE NEW PAGCOR CITY those Asian Gamblers are sure to skyrocket

RSS Back to top

crappypants liked this post a million times

Last edited by crappypants; October 3rd, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM   #422
crappypants
SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
aah shuuup !!! LMAO

I am basing my opinion on what the experts expressed before missy, ones who work in the airline industry. DMIA is already slated to build a new terminal building which is good for 7 million passengers yearly. NAIA's T3 just openned and has not even break considering the overvalue of the said terminal, they can't afford to be hasty and not plan carefully. Doesn't it that alot of people here especially in SSC Phil thread were pushing a humongous terminal in DMIA right away? What are they getting now? A terminal building that is slightly smaller than NAIA's T2. Why? the physical and passenger activities in that area there does not warrant a terminal building much larger than NAIA's T3. So, why build a third airport already? That's not a very careful planning.

I asked about your permanent physical location as if you are really very well versed in the Philippine tourism industry as if you are more of a resident of the Philippine rather than the US long enough to know the facts in the Philippines whole heartedly and 100% factual.
nah, i know your type you just like to always get the last word even if you're Wroooooooooooong. lucky for you I'm the same way.
there is such a thing as dual citizenship and dual residency you know.

Old October 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #423
hein
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Old and Rundown Trash Bins inside the Arrival Area. Is this what we want to show our foreign visitors in a BRAND NEW airport?

So how do you fix a wobbly tv screen in the Arrival area? Stick two ugly pieces of cardboard under it.

FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS, my friends.

Last edited by hein; October 4th, 2008 at 04:39 AM.
hein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:31 AM   #424
crappypants
SPEED

hein, i get your point and they're all very good and makes sense but i think the trashbin may be over doing it a bit, a little ****.

Old October 4th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #425
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 662

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappypants View Post
nah, i know your type you just like to always get the last word even if you're Wroooooooooooong. lucky for you I'm the same way.
there is such a thing as dual citizenship and dual residency you know.
yes, I know there is dual citizenship in the Philippines I need to get one but I don't think i will spend more time there, I think it will be a new start for me and I don't want to go through that...

And no, i don't think I am really wrong because I base my knowledge on the facts and according to what the statistic would say and we all knew that there is about 2 or 4 individuals who is really knowledgeable on all these issues because they work in the airline industry themselves and they are the ones who really give a very good explaination of the facts about the airport and even the airline industries not just in the Philippines but international facts as well.

But nobody is saying that in the near future, a new and bigger terminal building is needed, but considering T3 just openned and DMIA T2 is now nearing the stage of construction once whatever is needed to start building one is completed. In a few years like 10 years, I think NAIA is still good, especially if they ended up with T1 to T3 operation all at the same time, then the congestion of people is solved for some time, then, a plan on where to really move NAIA 10 to 15 years after can take place.

Last edited by mwg12a; October 4th, 2008 at 04:50 AM.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #426
mwg12a

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
You needa calm down please.
We are just picking on one another, I don't think crappy takes it personally, it's the way we discuss sometimes, atleast I hope she is not pissed or anything because I wasn't she's a good gal, I like her feistiness... he he
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #427
Louman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappypants View Post
hein, i get your point and they're all very good and makes sense but i think the trashbin may be over doing it a bit, a little ****.
A little sadistic is more like it.
Louman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #428
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1330

hein, would you answer me for once please?:

the hell's wrong with you?

and are those pics of NAIA T3? That's a pretty cool arrival tv screen even though it's held up with cardboard lol
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #429
mwg12a

No, I think Hein posted something that does not belong to NAIA's T3 look at the fireextinquisher's casing, it looks different than in T3 from the other pictures posted there before. The trash bin? the writing in the red edge on the openning, it's not written in english or filipino. I think there is something wrong with hein mentally.
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #430
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1330

yeah coz from what I remember... the arrival screens look like these blue things:

freakin hater! go home hein. you're officially posting nonsense and if you pursue, you can probably get banned.
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #431
mwg12a

He is filipino from a remote province it seems like. He commented in ssc Philippines in pure tagalog before.
Old March 29th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #432
infinity88
Relax for Healthy Life

Greetings from Singapore!

My domestic helper intends to fly back to Manila for her 3 weeks break and I would like to book her a ticket on Cebu Pacific Air. She would like to arrive in Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

My question is, does Cebu Pacific Air land in NAIA or Clark Airport?

Life is great with internet!
infinity88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #433
mwg12a

Both, you can easily book her flight to MLA which is NAIA.
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #434
infinity88
Relax for Healthy Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
Both, you can easily book her flight to MLA which is NAIA.
Thanks for your reply. From Cebu Pacific's website, it seems that all flights departing Singapore for Manila arrive at NAIA, not Clark Aiport (DMIA). Can you confirm that?

Old March 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #435
ericlucky290

Likes (Received): 1

Yes, all Manila flights arrive at NAIA Terminal 3 and all flights to Clark arrive at DMIA. When you book her flight just select MANILA from Cebu Pacific's website.

Last edited by ericlucky290; March 31st, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
ericlucky290 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:54 AM   #436
infinity88
Relax for Healthy Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlucky290 View Post
Yes, all Manila flights arrive at NAIA Terminal 3 and all flights to Clark arrived at DMIA. When you book her flight just select MANILA from Cebu Pacific's website.
Thank you so much for your confirmation.

I already booked her flight selecting MANILA on Cebu Pacific's website. I was puzzled by the fact that MANILA, being so close to Clark (I heard from her brother that it's about 3 hours' drive), why Cebu Pacific land at the 2 airports.

Old March 31st, 2009, 05:27 AM   #437
seven13

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity88 View Post
Thank you so much for your confirmation.

I already booked her flight selecting MANILA on Cebu Pacific's website. I was puzzled by the fact that MANILA, being so close to Clark (I heard from her brother that it's about 3 hours' drive), why Cebu Pacific land at the 2 airports.
For some Filipinos, like me, feels that 3 hours is a very long drive.
seven13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:16 AM   #438
mwg12a

And that the Philippine government is really trying to boost the development in Clark/DMIA for the future expansion if not, ease out some burden in NAIA since NAIA terminal in Manila has a very limited space for expansion. The only alternative for it is a reclamation of land somewhere real close to Manila like Sangley Point in the Province of Cavite if a coastal highway can connect Manila to Sangley so that the travel time would be lesser than one or one hour and a half.
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #439
Mithril Cloud

Likes (Received): 6

Putting some life to this thread.

Terminal 3 Revisited - November 22, 2009
Originally posted at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...935076&page=46

Facade

Departure Hall

Bust of Ninoy Aquino, the airport's namesake

Check-in Counters for Cebu Pacific Air

Security clearance gates