daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2005, 05:14 AM   #141
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

normandb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #142
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

Its painful to watch the terminal looking so idle.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:01 AM   #143
richard fischer

Likes (Received): 1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbmandy
To Mr. R. Fisher who message me on my website here is the link of the website where I got my 2004 figures about NAIA
http://www.azworldairports.com/cfm/f...s/p2300mnl.htm

and if you need more information or figures about manila international airport here is their e-mail address [email protected]

I hope you asked me about it here in this thread so that I answered you're query earlier. Well better late than never...

Thank You very much.
i only found your infos now, cause i asked you on the philippino threads. SALAMAT PO !
richard fischer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #144
xXx carlos xXx
nice guy high

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leauparkenzoguy

I just notice this: If you are going to look at the ceiling of this part of the naia-terminal 3 you will notice that there is no lamp/light attach to the ceiling because it uses the natural light coming from the sun during daylight (part of the roof is made of glass i think to let the light of the sun lit the entire area) and once the evening comes the light on the V-shape beams open (see last photo) and it literally gives light to the ceiling and not the floor and this actually gives a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere to the building and i like that it makes me feel like im in my living room. I hope when this terminal opens I will have a chance to use this when i visit Asia.
you know what? its nice... i like the light thingy.... especially during night time.... wow... just cant wait till naia 3 opens...whoa!
xXx carlos xXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #145
Kai Tak
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Wow, very nice terminal compared to the current ones! When is it opening?
Kai Tak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #146
xXx carlos xXx
nice guy high

itll be on march 2006... i hope
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #147
xXx carlos xXx
nice guy high

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYLINEPIGEON
Transportation and Communication Secretary Leandro Mendoza has said the government aims to open NAIA 3 in the first half of 2006.

here we go again
haaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Old January 14th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #148
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 573

NAIA one of the world's busiest airports with 17 000 000 passengers!!!
NAIA 3 set to open in March 31, 2006 - MIAA
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #149
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

Good, I want it open when I visit during Christmas vacation.
612bv3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #150
normandb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Tak
Wow, very nice terminal compared to the current ones! When is it opening?
that is the US$650Million question
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #151
richard fischer

[QUOTE=cosmoManila]NAIA one of the world's busiest airports with 17 000 000 passengers!!!

where did you get those figures from cosmo ? are they official yet ?
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #152
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Terminal 1 is pretty old and is my least favorite of all the three! Also, the waiting area infront of the arrivals terminal is very third world!

Terminal 2 looks better but it's too small!

Terminal 3 is the best looking one but it's not yet operational!

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM   #153
richard fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbmandy
Actually the terminal layout itself is not unique at all. The only unique is the interior of the terminal which is much very designed for the convenience of the passengers. We cannot use lots of see through Glass in here because the temperature in the philippines sometimes reaches 34 degree celcius during summer and it is very difficult to maintain the air-conditioning at constant temperature. so they use concerete for the walls.
what do mean cannot use glas. what is T2 all about ? it´s a massive glas structure. and it makes it very nice and unique.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 02:37 AM   #154
xDieselJockx

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard fischer
what do mean cannot use glas. what is T2 all about ? it´s a massive glas structure. and it makes it very nice and unique.

I agree with you Richard. They could of use all see glass panels for atleast the whole front of the terminal. KLIA and singapore has the same weather temperature s the Philippines. And yes, definitely T2 is all see through glass and it didn't have any problem with the cooling system it seems like when I happened to be there on summer time in the Philippines. I don't know why ncbmandy keeps on claiming that the summer heat is one of the factors for not using all see through outside glass paneling on almost entire structure.
(no offense mandy, I do not mean that as an attack, it's just an honest opinion)
xDieselJockx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #155
Tornado
Backpacker Tornado

Likes (Received): 8

I think the glass building is not a problem in the world of high technology... for example
New Bangkok airport , roofs and most of major structures are built from steel and glass..

the glass has special chemical that only the light get through but the heat will be blocked.... and the cooling system is floor cooling system( something like that)

so it isn't a problem..
Tornado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #156
kjoey

Likes (Received): 164

Philippine police detained a 71-year-old Japanese man at Manila Airport on Friday after he said he was carrying two bombs.

"He is being held for a bad joke," said Rolando Estabillo, a spokesman for Philippine Airlines. "I am not sure whether police will set him free or file charges against him for some security violations."

Signs at Manila's international and domestic airports warn passengers not to make jokes about carrying explosives.

Airline and security officials said Yasou Ishii was being frisked by guards when he was overheard saying he had two bombs. His luggage was searched but police found no explosives.

Estabillo said the Philippine Airlines flight left on time for Tokyo's Narita Airport on Friday afternoon without the man.

"We don't tolerate any jokes," said airport police officer Fely Parariza

"He should be fine heavily or jailed for his remarks!!! What a DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!
kjoey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #157
normandb
BANNED

2006 Update

System 21 Transit

http://www.firstasiafuel.com/Page.asp?id=63
Negotiations with the Philippine government authorities has resulted in preliminary approval, reflected in a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to install System 21 at Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. Dispute over ownership of a new terminal at the airport, which is not related to System 21, has caused a delay in its installation.

Last edited by normandb; February 15th, 2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #158
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Is that for real?! When will it be installed?! I hope they do that within the year!!!!
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #159
JustHorace
Couch Weight

System 21 Transit

System 21 Transit

Marketing Overview

First Asia has been licensed by an affiliated company to represent and sell a new urban transit technology in Asia. The Technology was developed by Lockheed Martin and now owned by FUTREX, Inc.

This technology, known as System 21, allows simultaneous 2-way traffic on a single elevated beam. Now in final development stages, the market for the technology in Asia is very large.

The estimated capital spending on of urban transit installations is between $50 and 150 billion in the next 20 years. There are 150 cities in Asia with populations exceeding 1 million of which only about 40 have transit systems.

Cost Advantages

There are three compelling advantages of System 21.

Construction Cost – $25 million/mile instead of $50-100 + for existing technology;

Construction Time – 18-24 months due to prefabrication of all components, rather than 36-48+ for existing systems;

Urban Friendly – A tight (street corner) turning radius and portability – installation can be disassembled and moved to another site to assist urban planning.

Business Model

Under First Asia’s license it will receive a license fee of $1 million for each mile of S21 completed. First Asia’s affiliates have developed significant interest in S21 even though the final prototype is not completed.

In the Philippines, a major construction company bought exclusive national rights to the Technology and signed an MOU with the government owned Ninoy Aquino International Airport to connect its old and new terminals. This project has been interrupted and delayed by a dispute over ownership of the new Terminal.

In Indonesia a consortium of large private and government-owned construction, engineering and transportation companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding to acquire the Technology and build a new 60- kilometer east-west system through central Jakarta. This installation has been delayed by lack of funding.

Market In Asia

The World Bank considers urban congestion to be one of Asia’ most pressing problems. Relentless rural to urban migration will raise the rural-urban ratio from 65-35 to 55-45 by 2015 creating 500 million new urban dwellers - the equivalent of 50 New York cities.

Estimation of the urban transit market in Asia range from $50 billion – 150 billion – often based on 10-20 miles on average for each of the 150 cities with 1 million + inhabitants.

These estimates cannot be verified, although recent approved systems in India, China and South Korea may indicate a trend. The India installation in Delhi is over 100 miles in track, the Chinese in Shanghai is over 125 miles and in South Korea, over 300 miles of new transit installation have been approved by government and await funding.
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #160
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

wow... so itll be a good news at least.. but the opening of the airport is much needed..
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila, south asian hub airport