daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:43 AM   #1
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17045

MISC | Railway Simulators

I'm surprised no one has a made a thread dedicated to Railway Simulators... Some of the routes are done really well and have realistic scenery...

Train Simulator 2015 - Route Learning: WCML Trent Valley - Stafford to Rugby (Class 350)

Train Simulator 2015 - Route Learning Germany: Tutzing to Munich HBF (BR 420)

Visit the New Jersey Section

mrsmartman, DanielFA liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #2
mrsmartman

Likes (Received): 1454

Train Simulator: NEC: New York-New Haven Route Add-On

DanielFA liked this post
mrsmartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #3
mrsmartman

They don't seem to sell the route in collection anymore...

Old August 31st, 2015, 09:28 PM   #4
stefeni-ts

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmartman View Post
They don't seem to sell the route in collection anymore...

Yes this route is still available,in fact it was on offer at £14.99 over the bank holiday here in the UK But I have it already.

Recent re releases added after updating to the latest specs

China Clay for export and three Country Corner

mrsmartman liked this post
stefeni-ts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 04:51 PM   #5
mrsmartman

I hope they can add railways from more countries, like one or two random routes in each release in addition to the Big Three. It seems that the summer edition/collection are of better value.
Old September 5th, 2015, 01:11 AM   #6
stefeni-ts

Likes (Received): 41

As well as the big three they so far have routes from

Japan, Canada, South Africa, China, Austria/Swithland

A route from The Netherlands is in the pipeline too I read somewhere .
stefeni-ts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 03:50 PM   #7
mrsmartman

Old September 20th, 2015, 08:53 AM   #8
Fan Railer

Likes (Received): 568

Tired of bouncing around like a loose cannon on the original NEC route for Railworks Train Simulator 2016? Then you are in luck. I have managed to isolate the rail stability code (special thanks to Brandon Phelan) and have lowered the instability value to such that the ride over the rails is now smooth at high speeds. This has been done in preparation for the long awaited and highly anticipated release of New Jersey Transit equipment DLC next month (October 2015). Read on for more details:

This is the Train Simulator 2016 Northeast Corridor (New York - Philadelphia) Track Stability Mod

In order to utilize this freeware route upgrade, you must have purchased the Northeast Corridor Add-On pack available at Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65232/

This is a freeware pack; in no way is it to be used for commercial purposes. You are free, however to further modify the physics enhancements found in this pack for personal use if you so choose.

The purpose of this pack is to correct (lower) the amount of track uneveness (which results in a VERY bouncy ride at high speeds). Default line uneveness was set at 50. It has now been lowered to 8.

IMPORTANT; Install Instructions

1. Open the Northeast Corridor asset pack until the directory reads "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\NorthEastCorridor"
2. Then open the "Railworks_Northeast_Corridor_Track_Stability_Mod.rar" file.
3. Drag the file folder from the .rar file and into the directory you opened in step one..
4. Overwrite if asked.
5. The installation should be complete. Run TS2015 to check.

Thank you for downloading and installing.
Enjoy =)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6...bility_Mod.rar

Also, NEW Facebook page where I will host my mods:
http://www.facebook.com/FanRailerMODS

Fan Railer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2015, 08:07 PM   #9
Fan Railer

Brakes are now graduated release instead of direct release. Enjoy =)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui...ake_Fix%29.rar

Old September 28th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #10
EAUSERB

Likes (Received): 3619

Is Train sim 2016 a successor to the Auran Trainz family or some other family? And how is it compared to older Trainz games (like 2010, I think that I had that one, although it may have been 12, don't remember.. )
EAUSERB está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #11
mrsmartman

No but Railworks.
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #12
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21258

I used to play Railroad Tycoon back in the past

zaphod liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2015, 11:43 AM   #13
saurabh.raut1
Saurabh Raut

Likes (Received): 74

Inside The driver's Cabin Of Mumbai Suburban EMU, Manufactured By Siemens

~Video Taken Under Proper Authorised Permissions~

Inside the Driver Cabin Of Siemens EMU, in General, The Mumbai Local...

Featuring The Coverage Of Control pannel, Crossings, Overtakes, And Some Significant places on Mumbai Suburban line as well..

The Video begins with Video of Mumbai Rajdhani Express from taken a location like never before, from the Driver view of Local train..!!!

Video features crossing from several well known locations such aa The New Oshiwara Station, EMU Carshed Virar, Bhayandar Creek, Naigaon curve. Crossing Another Siemens as well as Bombardier local on Various locations. Overtake of My EMU by another Siemens EMU, Parallel Chase with Sayaji Nagari Express and a Weekly Duronto Express..!!!

Video Features A Instrument Fitted inside the Cabin, Called AWS, Or the Auxiliary Warning System, used for Safety purpose under Overspeeding and Overshooting Cases.
saurabh.raut1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 08:29 AM   #14
Fan Railer

Cool content, but wrong thread.
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:10 PM   #15
Fan Railer

No, the NJT content has not been released yet, but I couldn't wait to start on the sound mod packs for the ALP-45DP and the recently announced ALP-46 locomotives, since DTG is notoriously infamous for getting sounds completely wrong (look no further than the M8 DLC for proof). I was able to use existing Amtrak equipment and the sound code that is found in the M8/M7 traction sound mods to create drop in sounds and code for when the content is released. Since I had to test the NJT sounds on non-NJT equipment, I elected to not show the equipment (since it would be weird hearing NJT sounds coming from Amtrak equipment or Metro-North equipment, right?) and instead have you view two still-shots of NJT equipment that I took while out rail fanning this summer.

Sound work includes the transformer idle sound (still needs slight work, going to try to get new recordings when I get a chance), bell sound (specific to both locomotives), NJT K5LA (recorded off of a dual mode; being used for both the 45DP and 46 until I can get a better static recording for the 46), and AC Traction Motor sounds specific to the ALP-45DP (IGBT Inverters), and ALP-46 (GTO Inverters).

Diesel sounds are not my forte, so if the ALP-45DP diesel sounds end up needing to be replaced (won't find out until the content is released on steam), that will probably fall to someone else to do.

I will also be creating an ALP-46A traction sound set for use in the ALP-46 in a few days, so be on the look out for that preview video (once again, audio only for now).

Enjoy, and stay tuned for a LOT of action once this content drops on Steam =)
Old October 8th, 2015, 03:25 AM   #16
Fan Railer

Please note that the initial release versions on steam for both the NJCL and F40PH-2CAT are buggy and inaccurate. If you do purchase it now, please keep in mind that post-release DLC patches are probably in order in the next few weeks or so. If you choose to wait to purchase until the bug fixes have been applied, I won't judge you lol. I will post a separate mod-release video later this week. Still ironing out some last minute issues myself.

Old October 8th, 2015, 03:42 AM   #17
Fan Railer

This is the DTG New Jersey Transit North Jersey Coast Line ALP-45DP & Comet Car Physics & Sound Mod Pack V1.0

In order to utilize this freeware physics & sound upgrade, you must have purchased the "Train Simulator: North Jersey Coast Line Route Add-On" available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/325970/

This is a freeware pack; in no way is it to be used for commercial purposes. You are free, however to further modify the physics & sound enhancements found in this pack for personal use if you so choose.

THIS IS BOTH A PHYSICS AND SOUND UPGRADE PACK.

The purpose of this pack is to correct physics errors in the ALP-45DP locomotive, and introduce more accurate sounds for the DLC.

Version 2.0 will include the signature JohnS brake fix.

General Parameter Change Log (Physics):
1. Slight tweak of TE and Dynamic Brake curves.
2. Changing the rated power in the simulation.bin file so that the scripting reduces power in the correct manner.
3. Modified coupler slack performance.
4. Increased range of ALP-45DP numbers from 4500-4515 to 4500-4534.
5. Included number.dcsv files for Comet Cars in case you were one of those early purchasers who got the incorrect .dcsv files.

General Parameter Change Log (Sounds):
1. New K5LA horn recorded directly off of an ALP-45DP unit.
2. New Comet IV door chime included.
4. Replaced default traction motor sounds and code with custom code and new traction motor sounds.

Technical specifications for ALP-45DP:

1. Bombardier ALP-45DP [diesel mode] (CAT 3612C-HD x2; 4200 THP; parasitic HEP, no load)
a. Starting tractive effort of 71,000 lbs (316 kN)
b. Continuous tractive effort of 63,407.7 lbs (282.0517 kN) @ 21.42 mph
c. Dynamic Brake effort of 34,000 lbs (150 kN) @ 21.181 mph; flat curve down to 5 mph, fade to 0 lbs @ 2 mph.
d. Wheel horsepower of 3,618 hp (2,700 kW) @ 21.42 mph
e. Maximum speed of 100 mph
f. Engine RPM range = 600 - 1800
g. RPM change rate (rpm/second) = 100
h. Fuel consumption range (gph)= 21 - 214.6
i. Weight = 284,000 lbs (128.821555 metric tons)
j. Fuel capacity = 1800 gallons
k. Max traction amps = 710
l. Max brake amps = 340

2. Bombardier ALP-45DP [electric mode] (4400 kW THP; no HEP)
b. Continuous tractive effort of 57,269.45 lbs (261.8182 kN) @ 38.64 mph
c. Dynamic Brake effort of 34,000 lbs (150 kN) @ 65.63 mph; flat curve down to 5 mph, fade to 0 lbs @ 2 mph.
d. Wheel horsepower of 5,896 hp (4,400 kW) @ 38.64 mph
e. Maximum speed of 125 mph
f. Weight = 284,000 lbs (128.821555 metric tons)
g. Max traction amps = 710
h. Max brake amps = 340

NOTE: There is special scripting that is included with the original locomotive that automatically reduces power from the electric mode to diesel mode once you make the mode change. You should notice this reduction of power by inspecting the ammeter while you operate. Kudos to DTG for figuring that out.

1. Open the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NorthJerseyCoast"
2. Open the "DTG_NJT_NJCL_ALP-45DP_And_Comet_Physics_And_Sound_Mod.rar" file
3. Drag both folders from the .rar file into the directory from step 1.
4. Physics & Sound mod installation is complete.
5. Run TS2016 to confirm.

Thank you for downloading and installing. Please contact me if there is a problem with the functionality of this mod pack.
Enjoy =)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf..._Sound_Mod.rar

Old October 16th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #18
Fan Railer

This is the DTG New Jersey Transit North Jersey Coast Line ALP-46 (46A) & Comet Car Physics & Sound Mod Pack V1.0

In order to utilize this freeware physics & sound upgrade, you must have purchased the "Train Simulator: NJT ALP-46 Loco Add-On" available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258658/

This is a freeware pack; in no way is it to be used for commercial purposes. You are free, however to further modify the physics & sound enhancements found in this pack for personal use if you so choose.

THIS IS BOTH A PHYSICS AND SOUND UPGRADE PACK.

The purpose of this pack is to make minor physics adjustments to the ALP-46 locomotive, include an ALP-46A Physics set and road numbers, and introduce more accurate sounds for the DLC.

Version 1.0 includes updated horn and bell sounds from Chris Reynolds (MilwaukeeNorth418). Many thanks to him for allowing me to use his sounds free of charge for this mod.

Version 2.0 will include the signature JohnS brake fix.

General Parameter Change Log (Physics):
1. Slight tweak of TE and Dynamic Brake curves.
2. Include physics and road numbers for ALP-46A; follow instructions below to switch between physics.

General Parameter Change Log (Sounds):
1. New K5LA horn and steel bell recorded directly off of an ALP-46 unit.
2. New Comet IV door chime included.
3. Replaced default traction motor sounds and code with custom code and new traction motor sounds (for both ALP-46 and ALP-46A).
4. Includes option to choose between stell bell and e-bell; follow instructions below to switch between bells.
5. Removes the annoying non-mono brake sounds from the Comet cars.

Technical specifications for ALP-46/46A:

1. Bombardier ALP-46 (5480 kW THP; GTO Inverters)
b. Continuous tractive effort of 57,840 lbs (257.0447 kN) @ 47.7 mph
c. Dynamic Brake effort of 34,000 lbs (150 kN) @ 83.53 mph; flat curve down to 5 mph, fade to 0 lbs @ 2 mph.
d. Wheel horsepower of 7,456 hp (5,480 kW) @ 53 mph
e. Maximum speed of 100 mph
f. Weight = 198,400 lbs (90 metric tons)
h. Max brake amps = 340

2. Bombardier ALP-46A (5600 kW THP; IGBT Inverters)
b. Continuous tractive effort of 53,279.71 lbs (237 kN) @ 53 mph
c. Dynamic Brake effort of 34,000 lbs (150 kN) @ 83.53 mph; flat curve down to 5 mph, fade to 0 lbs @ 1 mph.
d. Wheel horsepower of 7,504 hp (5,600 kW) @ 53 mph
e. Maximum speed of 125 mph
f. Weight = 202,822 lbs (92 metric tons)
h. Max brake amps = 340

1. Open the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NJT-Alp46"
2. Open the "DTG_NJT_ALP-46_Sound_And_Physics_Mod.rar" file
3. Drag both folders from the .rar file into the directory from step 1.
4. Physics & Sound mod installation is complete.
5. Run TS2016 to confirm.

User's Manual:

Physics Swap; upon initial download, the pack defaults to ALP-46 road numbers, physics, and motor sounds. To switch between 46 and 46A #s, physics, and motor sounds, follow the steps listed below:
1. Locate and open the following three directories:
a. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NJT-Alp46\RailVehicles\Electric\Alp46\Default"
b. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NJT-Alp46\RailVehicles\Electric\Alp46\Simulation"
c. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NJT-Alp46\Audio\RailVehicles\Electric\ALP46\Engine\TractionMotors"
2. Within each of those three directories, you will see two folders; "ALP-46" and "ALP-46A"
3. Once you choose which locomotive you want to emulate, open the respective type folder in all three directories from step 1.
4. Copy (CTRL + C) all files you find in the opened folder located in directory 1a.
5. Proceed back to directory 1a and paste (CTRL + V) the copied files into the directory; overwrite when prompted.
6. Copy (CTRL + C) all files you find in the opened folder located in directory 1b.
7. Proceed back to directory 1b and paste (CTRL + V) the copied files into the directory; overwrite when prompted.
8. Copy (CTRL + C) all files you find in the opened folder located in directory 1c.
9. Proceed back to directory 1c and paste (CTRL + V) the copied files into the directory; overwrite when prompted.
10. If the previous 9 steps were completed properly, the physics swap should be successful; run TS2016 to check.

Bell Swap; upon initial download, the pack defaults to the steel bell. To switch between bells, follow the steps listed below:
1. Locate and open the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\NJT-Alp46\Audio\RailVehicles\Electric\ALP46\Exterior\Horn&Bell"
2. Within that directory that you just opened, you will see two folders; "Steel Bell" and "E-bell"
3. Open the folder for the corresponding bell you wish to use and copy (CTRL + C) all contents within.
4. Proceed back to the directory from step 1 and paste (CTRL + V) the contents you copied into said directory; overwrite if/when asked.
5. Bell swap should be complete; run TS2016 to check.

NOTE: For added realism, remember that the ALP-46 can use both the e-bell and steel bell, but the ALP-46A only comes equipped with the e-bell, so if running with 46A physics, #s, and motor sounds, make sure you've selected the e-bell as well.

Thank you for downloading and installing. Please contact me if there is a problem with the functionality of this mod pack.
Enjoy =)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v1...hysics_Mod.rar

New Facebook Page for these mods: http://www.facebook.com/FanRailerMODS

Old October 18th, 2015, 08:44 AM   #19
Fan Railer

You don't get much better than this:

Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:21 AM   #20
Fan Railer

Both of the following mod packs have been updated as of 10/22/15 to include new horn and bell sounds for the Comet V Cab Car. Enjoy =)

ALP-45DP mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf..._Sound_Mod.rar

ALP-46 mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v1...hysics_Mod.rar

Facebook Page for Mods: http://www.facebook.com/FanRailerMODS