daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2015, 11:53 PM   #1
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29993

DUBAI | Dubai One | 711m | 2333ft | 161 fl | App

711m tower rising in Dubai

World's tallest residential tower will form part of Meydan One, also featuring a huge new mall, the world’s longest indoor ski slope, a 25,000 sqm indoor sports facility, the biggest dancing fountains in the world, among others.

A new large-scale leisure, residential and hospitality destination is coming up in Dubai as part a new record-smashing city-within-a-city set to stand out as a master development.

Meydan One will feature a retractable roof measuring 150x80metres, which will open in winter months; more than 300 restaurants, cafes and kiosks, and luxury brands.

The mall is part of the Meydan One development, which will also feature a 711-metre tall Dubai One tower, a civic plaza, a 4km canal and a marina with 100 berths.

Located between Meydan and Al Khail Road, the 3.67 million square metre Meydan One development is led by Meydan City Corporation, according to a company statement Monday.

The value of the project was not revealed.

The first phase of the development is set to be completed before 2020, the statement said, without elaborating.

The Dubai One, expected to be the world’s tallest residential tower, and its integrated podium incorporate 350,000sqm of gross floor area, 885 residential apartments and a five-star hotel featuring 350 rooms

Also featured are a conference centre, an observation deck at 655 metre-high, a sky restaurant at 675 metre-high, a plaza view restaurant and terrace, as well as the Meydan One Marina Yacht Club.

Sports enthusiasts will have access to an indoor ski slope, expected to be the world’s longest at 1.2km; an indoor multi-purpose sport facility measuring 25,000sqm; over 5.3km bicycle and jogging trails and a 9km boardwalk.

http://gulfnews.com/business/propert...ubai-1.1560811

http://www.thenational.ae/business/p...idential-tower

https://www.facebook.com/HHSheikhMohammed

Location of this project:

Last edited by Gabriel900; August 4th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2015, 11:56 PM   #2
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2741

Who is this corporation and do they have the money for this?

KillerZavatar liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6924

Can some give link to the location on the google maps?
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #4
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6555

a 711m tall box, that's something i would love to see . Hope it gets build!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:11 AM   #5
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Guys this is approved by his highness "Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum officially approved the development of Meydan One"

http://gulftoday.ae/portal/577748f2-...fb00b3117.aspx

and according to his offical facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/HHSheikhMohammed

Location: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25...96679&z=15&m=b
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #6
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8360

over 700m and not tapering. even with that giant crown, this being pure residential means we get a heck of a lot of floors out of this, might make it for the building with most floors. i was just about to go to bed, when i saw this. looks like i'll have some nice articles to read in the train tomorrow morning though. this came out of nowhere, finally the crazy visionary projects for Dubai are back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Guys this is approved by his highness "Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum officially approved the development of Meydan One"

http://gulftoday.ae/portal/577748f2-...fb00b3117.aspx

and according to his offical facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/HHSheikhMohammed

Location: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25...96679&z=15&m=b
approved doesn't make it automatically happen though. this needs a lot of money to flow. the design is also in the very early stages. This makes for another great project to follow anyways though

added building and location on SSP: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=106729

also just realized the location opens the way a bit more to the Lagoons project as well. could you imagine all these projects done and seeing the Burj and the Lagoons from your kitchen in this tower

Gabriel900, Ch.W liked this post

Last edited by KillerZavatar; August 4th, 2015 at 12:24 AM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:22 AM   #7
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Some more pics:

http://www.thenational.ae/business/p...-in-pictures#4
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #8
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
also just realized the location opens the way a bit more to the Lagoons project as well. could you imagine all these projects done and seeing the Burj and the Lagoons from your kitchen in this tower
You read my mind!!!! DIFC, Downtown, Business bay, Meydan, Lagoons will all be connected making a one big united city!! This is awesome!
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #9
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 3722

Well, it surely looks great at this stage. Although the ski slope does give my inner Energy Management engineer shivers. It's basically a giant cooling fin as presented, requiring insulation on all sides. At least the mall roof looks like a great place to install PV panels, though.

As for the tower... well, I find myself strangely without an opinion either way. Towers so rarely turn out to look like their first render that I can't really be hyped or upset about it at this time. Okay, there's a tower in the drawings, but I've got the feeling that the finished product won't look like it at all.
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:38 AM   #10
WilhelmMaybach

Likes (Received): 14

It seems that Dubai is going to store both the highest Office and residential towers in the world.

btw, does anybody know anything about the time frames for this project? I mean when is it going to be built?
WilhelmMaybach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:43 AM   #11
Gabriel900
Super Mod

They say phase 1 will be done before 2020! but what is phase 1 exactly I don't know.

His Highness seems pretty optimistic about this one cz on his Facebook he ends the post saying "we will make sure to provide visitors the best experience they ever had in our expo 2020"

Anw time will tell

WilhelmMaybach liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:08 AM   #12
godgame
BANNED

Likes (Received): 650

we'll see. still waiting on the other tower...
godgame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:24 AM   #13
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3248

Great!!! When I got on SSC I thought it was going to be some jerk bumping and old thread. Very nice surprise

Dubai Skyscraper, Ch.W liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:25 AM   #14
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 807

The tower is great but the ski-slope building is awesome! Although it would be more futuristic if those were homes/offices as well.
Old August 4th, 2015, 03:02 AM   #15
getroy

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
They say phase 1 will be done before 2020! but what is phase 1 exactly I don't know.
"The first phase of the project, located between Meydan and Al Khail Road, is scheduled for completion before 2020. It is to include the tower, the mall, the civic plaza, the dancing water feature, a 4km canal and the marina"

So, the tower is part of the first phase of the project!
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:46 AM   #16
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

that mall has a football field in it !

Shaddorry liked this post
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:39 AM   #17
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

why does that look like a skiing arena

GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #18
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Who is this corporation and do they have the money for this?
Interesting question. I hope AltinD or someone else from Dubai will enlighten us shortly. But since the ruler of Dubai himseld is behind this company and the project, there is faith
Old August 4th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #19
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
over 700m and not tapering. even with that giant crown, this being pure residential means we get a heck of a lot of floors out of this, might make it for the building with most floors.
The last floors should be quite above 600m, with typical floor heights for a residental tower 150 floors or more seem to be realistic indeed. Can't wait for more information
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM   #20
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Is this absolutely certain? This really looks to me like one of those projects that will never be built.

K.S.A, chestersim, jack3589, stefanv liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall