daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2016, 01:05 PM   #181
jain ladda

Likes (Received): 182

dubai tallest buildings

Last edited by jain ladda; August 24th, 2016 at 01:42 PM.
jain ladda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM   #182
segzy

Likes (Received): 4

impressive!
segzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 12:42 PM   #183
PellicanoItalico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Very nice project!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
PellicanoItalico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 10:28 AM   #184
payload

Likes (Received): 2

I believe I saw it somewhere.. Where is it?
payload no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:16 PM   #185
Oatmeal

Likes (Received): 477

So is this even happening?
Oatmeal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:17 PM   #186
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29993

When they start construction we will make sure to let u know ... no need to ask

DubaiM, enrigue8 liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #187
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29993

Architect released more renders and info:

Meydan One has been envisioned as “A Place for Everyone”. The development is strategically positioned within the heart of Mohammed Bin Rashid City, and offers excellent accessibility via automobile, public transport, water taxi, and internal transit systems. Paths, specifically for jogging and cycling, have been integrated within Meydan One as well as a boardwalk which runs along the continuous Meydan One water canal. Meydan One will be home to a population of 78,000 residents, approximately a quarter of the entire Mohammed Bin Rashid City population that will include 310,000 residents.

The Meydan One development has been designed to become an urban, vibrant and mixed use district which incorporates all aspects of the Dubai lifestyle. Four hotels will be located within the development, each with their own unique style and experience. Also featured is the longest indoor ski slope in the world, spanning 1.2km from top to bottom, and ending alongside a water park directly outside the walls of the ski facility. Dubai One tower, standing at 711m tall will be the tallest residential tower in the world and soar over the development. All of this contributes to a truly unique experience for visitors that can only be found in Meydan One.

Key project components within the Meydan One development:

Dubai One Tower
Meydan Marina
Smart Fountain
Civic Plaza
Meydan One Mall
Crystal Lagoon and the Beach
Heritage Village
Ski Slope
Water Park
New Town Residential
D1 Park
Five Hotels – 4 to 5 star

http://ae7.com/project/meydan-one/

alley cat, ZZ-II, BinSuroor, getroy, sgollis and 16 others liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:10 PM   #188
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6555

Looks so awesome!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:20 PM   #189
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2464

This is my favorite Dubai project and favorite Dubai super tall

BinSuroor liked this post
Dubai_Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:33 PM   #190
alley cat
^-^_)

Likes (Received): 85079

The classic design of the tower, I really like
alley cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:20 AM   #191
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

Amazing box! So boxy... Much boxier that all the boxes I've ever seen!
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:55 AM   #192
AP Design
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
over 700m and not tapering. even with that giant crown, this being pure residential means we get a heck of a lot of floors out of this, might make it for the building with most floors.
Exactly! At around 2,300 sq.m GFA on all the upper floors, it would accommodate an immense amount of occupants at the unreachable heights. No adequate evacuation is possible. This building's design implies around the same amount of spaces as WTC 1 WTC 2. In case of an emergency, the descent will take hours - because of 2 reasons:
1. There will be thousands of people concentrated on the stairwells;
2. Most of them are unprepared for running down the steps.
Eventually, this mass of folks will be moving like a slug. That's why, an evacuation hyperlift has to be invented for such design. And that would be a system of power-independent escape pads, with dock-stations on the top, and a huge terminal downstairs.
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:41 AM   #193
hightower1
power of tower

Likes (Received): 80

Or give everyone a hammer and a parachute.
hightower1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM   #194
AP Design
BANNED

I can imagine it would work for 30% of the people - only when they will start suffocating, and almost a half - when they realize the threat is imminent. But those who don't have some balls of steel - their hope will be the last thing to perish.
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #195
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post
Exactly! At around 2,300 sq.m GFA on all the upper floors, it would accommodate an immense amount of occupants at the unreachable heights. No adequate evacuation is possible. This building's design implies around the same amount of spaces as WTC 1 WTC 2. In case of an emergency, the descent will take hours - because of 2 reasons:
1. There will be thousands of people concentrated on the stairwells;
2. Most of them are unprepared for running down the steps.
Eventually, this mass of folks will be moving like a slug. That's why, an evacuation hyperlift has to be invented for such design. And that would be a system of power-independent escape pads, with dock-stations on the top, and a huge terminal downstairs.
Those units are going to be luxury apartments, you know. I guess there won't be more than 4-6 units per floor - most of them inhabited by 2-4 people since rich people do not tend to have 6 kids and some of them simply use the units as an investment.
Old October 21st, 2016, 02:43 PM   #196
ashish9612

Likes (Received): 0

Nice collection
ashish9612 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 04:24 PM   #197
AP Design
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Those units are going to be luxury apartments, you know. I guess there won't be more than 4-6 units per floor - most of them inhabited by 2-4 people since rich people do not tend to have 6 kids and some of them simply use the units as an investment.
It's a good point, and let's assume you're perfectly right (which I'm sure you are very close to the real luxury RE occupancy). So we have 3 persons per apartment, 5 apt. per floor on average. And let's assume that the top half of the building is exactly like you have imagined. 80 (fl) x 15 (pax) = 1200 pax.

I just would like to share one valuable experience I had. When I used to work in a half-occupied 30+ floor office tower in Dubai, we had a fire emergency drill (there were rumors that CD made it for FF practice). Anyhow, we all were requested to leave the tower immediately. The drill kept requesting it without stopping. So eventually we started to move out.

First 15 floors I made running down the staircase like a blessed one. Then, people from lower floors kept coming in numbers. Eventually, the stairwell was clogged with slow movers at the bottom. They don't give way, never expect it. Less agile people are the last ones that will allow you to pass through. So having laddered around 31 floors down, I was stuck on the last 2 spans of the staircase, which was built according to all the architectural industry standards.

And that is only one of the problems. Another one - is physical limit of your body. It should be quite alright to run down a couple of dozen staircase spans for any untrained person, but having skipped almost an entire JLT-size tower all the way down the stairs, I didn't feel my legs were other that leaden. Considering that in terms of scaling staircases I was well fit.

Yet another issue is time. It took 12 minutes to go 30 floors down. Not because it takes 24 s to skip one floor, but because there will be a lot of other people slowing down your run. Anyhow, the accruing exhaustion will take over soon, so you can't take 24 s per floor for granted.

Now interpolate these problems to fit the new dimensions. There were only around 50 persons crowding the exit, because that tower was finished 1+ year prior that. Dubai One tower can gather in the stairwells around 3,000 people, if an emergency happens at night. And not all of them will happen to be long-run athletes. Many of them will have to push themselves to the very limits, in order to skip just 1/3rd or such tower in one run.

So the conclusion is: if you will live in such tower above 70th floor, you better go practice parachute descends, and make sure you have a few of them at your own disposal. In case the tower will not be equipped with pneumatic escape pods, it may become the only choice to survive.

Whisky Peak, The-Real-Link liked this post
Old October 22nd, 2016, 01:39 AM   #198
skyscraperhighrise

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Architect released more renders and info:

Meydan One has been envisioned as “A Place for Everyone”. The development is strategically positioned within the heart of Mohammed Bin Rashid City, and offers excellent accessibility via automobile, public transport, water taxi, and internal transit systems. Paths, specifically for jogging and cycling, have been integrated within Meydan One as well as a boardwalk which runs along the continuous Meydan One water canal. Meydan One will be home to a population of 78,000 residents, approximately a quarter of the entire Mohammed Bin Rashid City population that will include 310,000 residents.

The Meydan One development has been designed to become an urban, vibrant and mixed use district which incorporates all aspects of the Dubai lifestyle. Four hotels will be located within the development, each with their own unique style and experience. Also featured is the longest indoor ski slope in the world, spanning 1.2km from top to bottom, and ending alongside a water park directly outside the walls of the ski facility. Dubai One tower, standing at 711m tall will be the tallest residential tower in the world and soar over the development. All of this contributes to a truly unique experience for visitors that can only be found in Meydan One.

Key project components within the Meydan One development:

Dubai One Tower
Meydan Marina
Smart Fountain
Civic Plaza
Meydan One Mall
Crystal Lagoon and the Beach
Heritage Village
Ski Slope
Water Park
New Town Residential
D1 Park
Five Hotels – 4 to 5 star
Nice.

Democrips and rebloodlicans aka democrats and republicans, two wings of the same bird of prey

thankfully i'm a libertarian constitutionalist.

#standwithrand

R.I.P. QuantumX, you will never be forgotten.

Last edited by Yellow Fever; October 23rd, 2016 at 06:14 PM. Reason: sorry, quoting large photos again isn't necessary
skyscraperhighrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:52 PM   #199
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3

Likes (Received): 7189

the big brother of 432 park ave
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:12 PM   #200
wespje1990

Likes (Received): 820

432 eat your heart out

FM 2258 liked this post
wespje1990 no está en línea   Reply With Quote