daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #221
cargobull

Likes (Received): 129

great visions
cargobull no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2017, 05:50 PM   #222
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29225

So recently Meydan have fenced up the mall section next to this tower and started piling ... Azizi fenced up another part of this project for the construction of their district, and now more activity is being witnessed around the tower, with expectations of them starting on the canal very soon .. basically this tower is becoming more and more real since it looks like they are following on their masterplan ... cannot wait for it to start going up
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #223
Lisimah

Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
So recently Meydan have fenced up the mall section next to this tower and started piling ... Azizi fenced up another part of this project for the construction of their district, and now more activity is being witnessed around the tower, with expectations of them starting on the canal very soon .. basically this tower is becoming more and more real since it looks like they are following on their masterplan ... cannot wait for it to start going up
I just hope that they will make the tower design more iconic and unique then boxy

SiriusCane liked this post
Lisimah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #224
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

I like the boxy design, i think they should have another similer shorter twin, or maby 3 of then next to each other with diffrent hights

Last edited by GulfArabia; July 13th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #225
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

I like the box, too. And indeed a box is pretty unique if you ask me. It would be the first building over 700m that doesn't taper.

pteranodon liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #226
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3095

Quote:
711m tower rising in Dubai

World's tallest residential tower will form part of Meydan One, also featuring a huge new mall, the world’s longest indoor ski slope, a 25,000 sqm indoor sports facility, the biggest dancing fountains in the world, among others.

A new large-scale leisure, residential and hospitality destination is coming up in Dubai as part a new record-smashing city-within-a-city set to stand out as a master development.

Meydan One will feature a retractable roof measuring 150x80metres, which will open in winter months; more than 300 restaurants, cafes and kiosks, and luxury brands.

The mall is part of the Meydan One development, which will also feature a 711-metre tall Dubai One tower, a civic plaza, a 4km canal and a marina with 100 berths.

Located between Meydan and Al Khail Road, the 3.67 million square metre Meydan One development is led by Meydan City Corporation, according to a company statement Monday.

The value of the project was not revealed.

The first phase of the development is set to be completed before 2020, the statement said, without elaborating.

The Dubai One, expected to be the world’s tallest residential tower, and its integrated podium incorporate 350,000sqm of gross floor area, 885 residential apartments and a five-star hotel featuring 350 rooms

Also featured are a conference centre, an observation deck at 655 metre-high, a sky restaurant at 675 metre-high, a plaza view restaurant and terrace, as well as the Meydan One Marina Yacht Club.

Sports enthusiasts will have access to an indoor ski slope, expected to be the world’s longest at 1.2km; an indoor multi-purpose sport facility measuring 25,000sqm; over 5.3km bicycle and jogging trails and a 9km boardwalk.

http://gulfnews.com/business/propert...ubai-1.1560811

http://www.thenational.ae/business/p...idential-tower

https://www.facebook.com/HHSheikhMohammed

Location of this project:

For once...I celebrate a tall tower since the WTC was done usunder...I remember standing atop WTC in New York and amazed that the top floor was the same size as the ground floor...Everything since has tapered or spired...not that there is anything wrong with that but I wondered...will a building stand tall...like this...yes...congrats : )

enrigue8 liked this post
redbaron_012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #227
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Especially for Dubai it's a very unique tower. We have seen tons of crazy, tacky and outlandish designs being proposed or built in this city. However, a minimalist box has never been seen before.

This shape might be common in other cities like New York, Chicago, etc. but it's totally new for Dubai and outstanding due to the sheer height as well
I love the classy look of the tower and sincerely hope it won't undergo a design change!
Old July 13th, 2017, 06:50 PM   #228
Icewave

Likes (Received): 186

Imagine a skyline has Burj Khalifa ,Dubai One & The Iconic Tower

mafd12 liked this post
Icewave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #229
Cliff
Tan

Likes (Received): 172

Looks like a 432 Park Ave(never thought I would say this) on steroids
Cliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #230
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6826

Quote:
Actual pictures of the site wound be welcome
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #231
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Especially for Dubai it's a very unique tower. We have seen tons of crazy, tacky and outlandish designs being proposed or built in this city. However, a minimalist box has never been seen before.

This shape might be common in other cities like New York, Chicago, etc. but it's totally new for Dubai and outstanding due to the sheer height as well
I love the classy look of the tower and sincerely hope it won't undergo a design change!
Had the same thought, it's very elegant, like the new skyscraper trend in NYC. Can't wait to see it going up!

nitramwin liked this post
Bikes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #232
Scion

Likes (Received): 4291

From Azizi Riviera's sales site

Old August 8th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #233
Gabriel900
Super Mod

It is just insane the construction in Dubai now!!
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #234
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6826

Dubai One is not U/C yet
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #235
Gabriel900
Super Mod

who says Dubai is this tower? anw the masterplan is U/C .. canal, districts, huge mall .. don't worry this will happen. Unless you live here and you know best

enrigue8, Emarati2009, Daniel2011 liked this post

Last edited by Gabriel900; August 8th, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:03 PM   #236
christofer.mariano

Likes (Received): 0

Nice.
christofer.mariano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #237
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

I'm really hoping for this megatall "box" to rise. Box skyscrapers are my favorite for some reason.

FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #238
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

I think I was never so much in love with a box design. In my opinion, they often appear unimaginative and generic (There are some few exceptions though, where a boxy design is very elegant looking).

In Dubai, however, this design is really wonderful because of its striking simplicity in comparison to most of the local architecture. Also the overall megatall scale and sleek appearance adds to the quality of this masterpiece

Now I just want to see it U/C. The fact that the district has begun construction is a good sign for the Meydan One tower as well
Old September 9th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #239
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Cranes piling machines all over the plot around the megatall tower for the mall

Old September 11th, 2017, 06:05 AM   #240
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

most inefficient structural solution is a square 4 point tower.

Scion liked this post
SA BOY no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall