daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #1
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12421

SEOUL | Han River develop | U/C

Han river redevelopment 100% U/C
TOTAL 7 area divided
$ 400 millions budget investment on this han river project
floating island for harbor
yeoido
my favorite area I used to go there for hang out n relaxing awesome.
THIS ONE collaboration between korea government and seoul government
So they investment all budget on here and support approved and even U/C

So 100% U/C

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

kimahrikku1, 8166UY, erbse liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:48 AM   #2
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

Editorial from today's Korea Herald, casting doubts over the projects due to...well... you guessed it... politics

Quote:
[Editorial] Yet another Hangang plan

True master plan should withstand test of time

The central government and the Seoul Metropolitan Government jointly announced a master plan for the development of the Hangang River and its riverbank earlier this week, signaling the start of yet another large-scale attempt to exploit one of the capital’s major assets.

The plan, which was one year in the making, divides the Hangang River into seven regions for multiphase development into a tourism destination while at the same time restoring the river’s ecology.

The first phase of the development is focused in the Yeoui-Ichon area. The blueprint envisions spaces for hallyu performances and exhibitions, a pier deck modeled after San Francisco Pier 39 and stores housed in movable containers all completed by 2018 on the riverbank in Yeouido. Incidentally, this ties in nicely with Hanwha Group’s recent successful bid to open a duty-free shop on Yeouido.

On the water, amphibious buses will connect Yeouido and Hongdae as well as Hapjeong, two popular tourist spots, while high-speed ferries will offer an alternative means of getting around.

The first phase of the project will cost some 400 billion won — part of the cost will be borne by the private sector with the central government and Seoul City splitting the remainder of the bill. The planners estimate that some 4,000 new jobs will be created. The authorities also expect the development plan to greatly boost the number of visitors to the Hangang River from the current 65 million per year to more than 100 million by 2030.

At a glance, the latest vision to develop the Hangang River is not much different from the Hangang Renaissance project pushed by former Seoul Mayor Oh Sei-hoon. Oh sought to capitalize on the Hangang River as a tourism asset too, launching water taxis, building cafes on bridges and constructing a floating island. In fact, the floating island, renamed Saevit Island since then, was the subject of much criticism by Mayor Park Won-soon during the early part of his administration: Seoul City civil servants were even asked to compile a white paper on the “failure” of the artificial island project. One major difference between the Hangang Renaissance project and the latest development plan is that the central government is firmly behind the effort.

However, the partnership between the central government and Seoul City may only be a tenuous one. Although Seoul City sought to strive to recover the natural state of the Hangang River, it appears the central government got its way in prioritizing tourist destination development, at least in the first phase. The master plan does not include removal of the dam near Gimpo Bridge, a point of much contention between the city, which is pushing for its removal with the claim that it pollutes the river by slowing down its flow, and the central government, which argues that the dam is needed to control the water level.

While the master plan calls for the phased development of the Hangang River, there is a possibility that the project may not survive beyond the first phase. Indeed, the Yeoui-Ichon development should be seen as a pilot project since the development of the remaining six areas hinges on the success of the first-phase development.

The central government and Seoul City have not fundamentally reconciled their differences over the direction of the river development, adding to the uncertainty of the project’s future. It may very well be that Yeoui and Ichon will be the only ones to have benefited from the new master plan if the next mayor or the next government decides to terminate the project. Such terminations and abrupt changes are not unusual in Korea.

Hangang River is an asset that should be utilized by the current generation and, at the same time, conserved for the generations to come. A true master plan should be forward-looking, one that withstands the vagaries of politicians.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #3
kimahrikku1

Ichon Hangang Park is being rehabilitated, as I mentioned in a post on Projects & Construction thread.

Technically, this is not the same redevelopment project, but that doesn't change much of anything. Here is the news I posted a couple of months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
New park (it was actually a park before but wasn't all that great) :

[...]

Ichon Hangang Park

Ichon Hangang Park is the riverside park on the North bank in Yongsan. It already exists. But it's not so green right now, with car parks and such, so it's not so green and has quite a lot of concrete. This is part of the greater Hangang Rehabilitation plan for 2030. Approval has recently been received and the park will be rebuilt from this month until December 2017. It also seems (by looking at pictures and satellite images) that the park will be extended East a bit, near the Banpo bridge were the park isn't wide, if existent at all.

http://www.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?...9763&outlink=1

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers/JVFj/10572
I was actually at the park today, and I noticed construction starting:

20160606_171901 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr
20160606_171915 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr
20160606_173425 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr

Behind those fence, some very early work had started (all the ground was turned into dirt but that's about it so far). Construction will probably pick up pace later. In any case, completion is provisionally scheduled for December 2017.

As I walked the park today, I could see for myself that the park indeed was in need of improvement / refurbishment. There's nothing wrong with the park per se, but it does feel fairly old, without much of a specific identity and atmosphere, compared to Hangang Park in Banpo, Yeouido or Nanji
Old June 15th, 2016, 05:10 AM   #4
kimahrikku1

As part of the Jamsil Sports Complex Redevelopment Project, the city government has announced its plan to build a gondola between Jamsil and the Ttukseom Park / Resort, spanning over the Han River, so for a length of around 1000 meters. Each gondola would have a capacity of 8 people.

Construction would start at the same time of the Jamsil Complex, so not before 2019.

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/htm...061500281.html
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:24 AM   #5
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Ichon Hangang Park is being rehabilitated, as I mentioned in a post on Projects & Construction thread.

Technically, this is not the same redevelopment project, but that doesn't change much of anything. Here is the news I posted a couple of months ago.

I was actually at the park today, and I noticed construction starting:

20160606_171901 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr
20160606_171915 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr
20160606_173425 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr

Behind those fence, some very early work had started (all the ground was turned into dirt but that's about it so far). Construction will probably pick up pace later. In any case, completion is provisionally scheduled for December 2017.

As I walked the park today, I could see for myself that the park indeed was in need of improvement / refurbishment. There's nothing wrong with the park per se, but it does feel fairly old, without much of a specific identity and atmosphere, compared to Hangang Park in Banpo, Yeouido or Nanji
More updates on the Redevelopment of the Ichon Hangang Park.

I went cycling there a couple of weeks ago and I saw that a lot of civil engineering was going on. The scale of the projectis actually fairly big.

I don't have a picture to show but completion is scheduled for December, I'm curious about the result