daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2015, 04:24 AM   #1
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

SEOUL | Jamsil Sports Complex Redevelopment Project | Pro

Jamsil 88 olympic stadium redevelopment
-over car road buried underground n make a green board
-second COEX convention center 150,000m3
-Riverside baseball stadium
-Landmark tower?
-remodeling main stadium n preserved as historical ruin
-connected this area with HYUNDAI 571M and Original COEX(where G2o commit held)

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Smiazon, kimahrikku1, Minsk, Jose Mari liked this post

Last edited by sieradzanin1; December 22nd, 2015 at 04:54 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2015, 04:02 AM   #2
inno4321

서울시는 송파구 잠실동 잠실종합운동장 일대 '도시재생 구상 국제 공모'를 실시한 결과 22국가에서 총 97개의 작품을 접수했다고 25일 밝혔다.

이번 공모전에는 국내·외 저명 건축가를 비롯해 대형 건축사무소, 소규모 아틀리에 등 총 97개 팀이 작품을 제출했다. 미국, 영국, 중국, 일본 등 22개 국가에서 출품하는 등 관심을 보였다.

TOtal 97 global architecture rendering (among them 22 country 55 rendering) Proposal rendering received in seoul

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #3
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

Editorial from today's Korea Herald, casting doubts over the projects due to...well... you guessed it... politics

Quote:
[Editorial] Yet another Hangang plan

True master plan should withstand test of time

The central government and the Seoul Metropolitan Government jointly announced a master plan for the development of the Hangang River and its riverbank earlier this week, signaling the start of yet another large-scale attempt to exploit one of the capital’s major assets.

The plan, which was one year in the making, divides the Hangang River into seven regions for multiphase development into a tourism destination while at the same time restoring the river’s ecology.

The first phase of the development is focused in the Yeoui-Ichon area. The blueprint envisions spaces for hallyu performances and exhibitions, a pier deck modeled after San Francisco Pier 39 and stores housed in movable containers all completed by 2018 on the riverbank in Yeouido. Incidentally, this ties in nicely with Hanwha Group’s recent successful bid to open a duty-free shop on Yeouido.

On the water, amphibious buses will connect Yeouido and Hongdae as well as Hapjeong, two popular tourist spots, while high-speed ferries will offer an alternative means of getting around.

The first phase of the project will cost some 400 billion won — part of the cost will be borne by the private sector with the central government and Seoul City splitting the remainder of the bill. The planners estimate that some 4,000 new jobs will be created. The authorities also expect the development plan to greatly boost the number of visitors to the Hangang River from the current 65 million per year to more than 100 million by 2030.

At a glance, the latest vision to develop the Hangang River is not much different from the Hangang Renaissance project pushed by former Seoul Mayor Oh Sei-hoon. Oh sought to capitalize on the Hangang River as a tourism asset too, launching water taxis, building cafes on bridges and constructing a floating island. In fact, the floating island, renamed Saevit Island since then, was the subject of much criticism by Mayor Park Won-soon during the early part of his administration: Seoul City civil servants were even asked to compile a white paper on the “failure” of the artificial island project. One major difference between the Hangang Renaissance project and the latest development plan is that the central government is firmly behind the effort.

However, the partnership between the central government and Seoul City may only be a tenuous one. Although Seoul City sought to strive to recover the natural state of the Hangang River, it appears the central government got its way in prioritizing tourist destination development, at least in the first phase. The master plan does not include removal of the dam near Gimpo Bridge, a point of much contention between the city, which is pushing for its removal with the claim that it pollutes the river by slowing down its flow, and the central government, which argues that the dam is needed to control the water level.

While the master plan calls for the phased development of the Hangang River, there is a possibility that the project may not survive beyond the first phase. Indeed, the Yeoui-Ichon development should be seen as a pilot project since the development of the remaining six areas hinges on the success of the first-phase development.

The central government and Seoul City have not fundamentally reconciled their differences over the direction of the river development, adding to the uncertainty of the project’s future. It may very well be that Yeoui and Ichon will be the only ones to have benefited from the new master plan if the next mayor or the next government decides to terminate the project. Such terminations and abrupt changes are not unusual in Korea.

Hangang River is an asset that should be utilized by the current generation and, at the same time, conserved for the generations to come. A true master plan should be forward-looking, one that withstands the vagaries of politicians.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #4
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Editorial from today's Korea Herald, casting doubts over the projects due to...well... you guessed it... politics

This one no relation with above quote news article.
Now choose rendering is going to open at first week of SEPT

Old August 30th, 2015, 06:27 AM   #5
Jose Mari
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 25583

Looks grand and very exciting.

inno4321 liked this post
Jose Mari está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 06:49 AM   #6
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

This one no relation with above quote news article.
Now choose rendering is going to open at first week of SEPT
Oh yeah, indeed. I just realized it. I was copy/pasting the article on a computer that didn't allow me to view the first picture, so I didn't see it was the Jamsil Sports Complex MICE project. Sorry about that.
Old August 30th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #7
inno4321

Now total 97 suggestion received in seoul office
now under screening by some professor who such like Niall G. Kirkwood(하버드대 교수), 김영준(김영준도시건축 대표), Alejandro Zaera-Polo(AZPML 대표), 김남춘(단국대 교수), 오동훈(서울시립대 교수), Roland Villinger(McKinsey & Company, Senior Partner)

KOREA suggested 44 rendering
greece 1
japan 3
uk8
india 3
canada 1
usa 14

etc
total 22 counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mari View Post
Looks grand and very exciting.

So do I
hopfully new leader of seoul make this project more grand and complex

Quote:
Oh yeah, indeed. I just realized it. I was copy/pasting the article on a computer that didn't allow me to view the first picture, so I didn't see it was the Jamsil Sports Complex MICE project. Sorry about that.
NO PROBLEM u do always great jobs bro.

Old September 5th, 2015, 08:09 AM   #8
inno4321

Jamsil redevelop international competition winner 3
mono rail connected HYUNDAI 571M TO JAPSIL REDEVELOP SITE
「A Thousand City Plateaus」(운생동건축사사무소(주) 외 1)

「Jamsil Ludens Park」((주)종합건축사사무소 건원)

「SynchroniCity」(Kyu Sung Woo 외 4)

f**king seoul mayor ruined beautiful place n important project
what ever I very happy cause
National School prepare for won sung e mayor
soon he will go to there!

yeisson liked this post
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:12 AM   #9
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

I'm not particularly a fan of any of these three designs, even though they're just concepts and nothing has been finalised yet.

First, you do not see a supertall building in any of them.
Second, regarding the Jamsil Ludens Park design, the convention centre (which is probably the building with the white abstract-grid roof) looks like it'll take up half the Olympic Park, yet the new indoor arena and swimming pool will really be under those blue/yellow/red splotch buildings? I mean, come on now.
Third, regarding the Synchronicity proposal, it looks like only the Jamsil Olympic Stadium, the new baseball stadium and the new skyscraper will be above ground, and everything else, including the new convention centre and indoor arena, will be below ground.

IMO, this is just another example of a proposal that is impossible to get right.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:01 PM   #10
Dallas maverick

Likes (Received): 4

One of the second place competition entries (out of 5):

inno4321 liked this post
Dallas maverick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #11
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I'm not particularly a fan of any of these three designs, even though they're just concepts and nothing has been finalised yet.

First, you do not see a supertall building in any of them.
Second, regarding the Jamsil Ludens Park design, the convention centre (which is probably the building with the white abstract-grid roof) looks like it'll take up half the Olympic Park, yet the new indoor arena and swimming pool will really be under those blue/yellow/red splotch buildings? I mean, come on now.
Third, regarding the Synchronicity proposal, it looks like only the Jamsil Olympic Stadium, the new baseball stadium and the new skyscraper will be above ground, and everything else, including the new convention centre and indoor arena, will be below ground.

IMO, this is just another example of a proposal that is impossible to get right.
well you can see some tall tower in above selection rendering.
this is not winning rendering though

as u know seoul mayor Anti-skyscraper and anti developer
so he didn;t want to built any tall building(maybe he suffer with tall building phobia)

Best time worst mayor that is why i fury hate current seoul mayor.

P.S Right above rendering is just cencept not real rendering
now seoul government make master plan base on above rendering's idea.

Old September 13th, 2015, 03:12 PM   #12
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:

well you can see some tall tower in above selection rendering.
this is not winning rendering though

as u know seoul mayor Anti-skyscraper and anti developer
so he didn;t want to built any tall building(maybe he suffer with tall building phobia)

Best time worst mayor that is why i fury hate current seoul mayor.

P.S Right above rendering is just cencept not real rendering
now seoul government make master plan base on above rendering's idea.
this plan cannot play baseball while remodeling or rebuild..
two team use for home the baseball park
but where can they move ???

and seoul gov want move the ball park to beside of han river. but it dosen't.

so this proposal cannot get high point.

kimahrikku1 liked this post
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:07 PM   #13
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
this plan cannot play baseball while remodeling or rebuild..
two team use for home the baseball park
but where can they move ???

and seoul gov want move the ball park to beside of han river. but it dosen't.

so this proposal cannot get high point.
I don;t know what is your point?
bytheway your very headache due to his son's scandal though
would you persuade him give a just 1 hour for body MRI scanning in London of uk. Dr Seoung-Oh Yang want to go there for mri check. Dr Yang ready for go to JAIL and give up his medical license! Why mayor don't know his son's address in london?

Last edited by inno4321; September 14th, 2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old September 13th, 2015, 08:04 PM   #14
kimahrikku1

Quote:
I don;t know what is your point?
bytheway your master very headache due to his son's scandal though
would you persuade him give a just 1 hour for body MRI scanning in London of uk. Dr Seoung-Oh Yang want to go there for mri check. Dr Yang ready for go to JAIL and give up his medical license! Why mayor don't know his son's address in london?
That's a very simple point...

The new ballpark is located on the grounds of the current Jamsil Baseball Stadium. Meaning that thefore, for this project to come to fruition, the current stadium would have to be demolished to make way for a new one. That's a 3-to-4 year project, meaning that the Doosan Bears and LG Twins, the most popular clubs in Korea, would find themselves without a stadium. And there are almost no backup options in or around Seoul for these teams for a few years (cramping another team in Gocheok and returning Mokdong to pro baseball for a few years are both terrible alternatives). HUGE loss of revenue for KBO clubs, loss of long-term fan base, and also hurts amateur baseball because Mokdong would be used once again by a pro club.

This would be a hellish situation, and no one would want to be involved in that mess. Any project featuring a Ballpark located on the current grounds in almost doomed to fail, and I'm sure the project specs mention having the possibility to build the new stadium first, then tearing down the current ballpark once the teams move to the new stadium.

Also, no one cares on this thread about your opinion about the mayor and his son (and i honestly cannot understand your argument in broken english)... If you want to talk politics, use the "Catch me if you can" thread you created.
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM   #15
inno4321

http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/ec...0811142130.htm

Today 88 olympic satdium area redevelop BREAKING News official
Korea government will be particiapted on 88PLYMPIC stadium redevelop project
actually this land half is national property
So If seoul redevelop this area seoul need exchanged national land to another proper substitute one.

for example seoul suggest to exchanged 강남면허시험장gangnam driver car license testing land with half 88 olympic stadium are.
But korea government reject that suggestion
cause 88 olympic land is so precious compare with other land.

But according today breaking news korea government co-operating developer with seoul government in this olympic redevelop project.

So news article say "this project destroy all obstacle. So project will be fast and even conflicted between gangnam office and seoul government will be resolved by KOREA GOVERNMENT.

Now gangnam office conflicted with seoul government about $2 billions cash's right in HYUNDAI 571M!

Quote:
d.

Please someone translation this guy's blow
I can't understand how like this kind of guy who want to live and earn the salary money in korea they don;t speaking korean and don;t reading korean?
Man you LEARNING KOREAN LANGUGE N read korean news man rather NAG every time lol

Last edited by inno4321; September 13th, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:23 PM   #16
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Can we stop bitching and complaining about the Mayor's decisions and blame everything on him? It's so freakin unnecessary and it's getting boring and tiring and ANNOYING as hell. Focus on the project and its news. I don't come here to hear people bitching about politics and the Mayor of Seoul. Seriously, stop the complaining and bitching and wow, telling 'non-Korean' members to LEARN Korean and basically STFU is a great way to handle constructive criticisms...gotta love them close-minded Korean Koreans

HOOAH!!
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:27 PM   #17
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Cohno:

Why this guy in here actually i thought this guy kick out from LWT thread by other members isn't it?

Last edited by inno4321; September 13th, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:32 PM   #18
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:

Why this guy in here actually i thought this guy kick out from LWT thread isn't it?
You're the most ignorant and annoying person I've ever encountered. You think of yourself as some 'royalty' because of your contributions to SSC right? You need to stop with your arrogance and cockiness.

HOOAH!!
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #19
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Ys.

ok but dear mung choong ssung!
I wonder why u selling second hand used iphone USB Power Adapter as $10 box?
It is too expensive! new one is just around 15~20box
discount plz
http://market.heykorean.com/home/detail/65912

Last edited by inno4321; September 13th, 2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:26 AM   #20
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

Nice design

inno4321 liked this post
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote