daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #21
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12410

Yesterday News

Yesterday official Seoul's presentation

According to the seoul presentation They will make 12 special massive elevator and 6 normal elevator for the purpose to carry people from ground and underground each station.
So we can see what kind of massive elevator it is when they release whole design.

lyon station : 250,000 per a day
berlin station : 300,000 per a day
Tokyo station : ? per a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
awesome that the traffic will be put underground! finally some pedestrian-friendliness in this car-dominated area
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
My thoughts exactly! Yeongdong-daero was always such a monster, and I'm so glad to see it knocked down a bit. Given that, this could end up being the Times Square of Seoul, at least in terms of "place-making".

I agreed
this road has been car dominated and it can be beautiful square.
Furthermore Seoul prepare New yongsan master plan and Seoul station plan.
They has another buried underground project Yonsan station~seoul station)

So we can expect another grand open ground pedestrian friendly space&underground city in the very center of Seoul

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; June 30th, 2017 at 12:30 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2017, 06:49 PM   #22
inno4321

Seoul International Complex
AEnlarge font sizeAReduce font size
Development of Seoul International Complex Jamsil Sports Complex Hyundai GBC & Seoul Medical Center Yeongdong-daero underground complex

Information as of 21 Feb, 2017
Yeongdong-daero underground complex

❚ Major Plans

Mixed-use development of Yeongdong-daero underground complex (floor area ratio 159,000 ㎡), facilitating transfers between railways and buses.

• Mixed-use development: 1st to 4th basement floor extension 630 m × width 70 m × depth 28 m
• Integrated stations: 5th to 6th basement floor extension 165 m × width 70 m × depth 51 m

Facility name Location (basement floor) Area (㎡) Major features
Convenient facilities for citizens 1st floor 29,981 ∙ Convenient facilities for citizens and for-profit facilities
City air terminal 1st to 2nd floor 18,354 ∙ 1st floor check-in ∙ 2nd floor boarding of airport bus
Bus transfer center 2nd floor 6,009 ∙ 90 service routes (current 47+future 43)
Parking lot 3rd floor 27,493 ∙ Parking for 114 buses, 137 cars
Integrated stations 4th to 6th floor 77,412 ∙ 4th floor: Wirye to Sinsa
∙ 5th floor: metropolitan railways
∙ 6th floor: metropolitan railways (KTX, GTX, etc.)

○ Through the linking of four metropolitan railways and city railways (light rail and subway), significantly improve the accessibility to major cities.
• Nationwide: Strengthen the accessibility of KTX (Dongtan, Samseong, and Uijeongbu), Airport Railroad and Subway line no. 9 to Incheon Airport and major cities around the country.
• Metropolitan area: Expand the metropolitan railways network, such as GTX A (KINTEX to Samseong Station), GTX C (Geumjeong to Uijeongbu), southern metropolitan express (Dangare to Jamsil), and others.
• Major centers in Seoul: light rail (connect Wirye to Sinsa. Subway line no. 2 to line no. 9, and others)

○ Establish a metropolitan complex transfer system for organic links of public transportation facilities
• Complete a metropolitan complex transfer system for transferring conveniently and rapidly to various transportation means, such as railways, buses, and airplanes.

○ Maximize the use of urban space by building solid facilities around the railway stations.
• Build an organic and integrated complex by connecting major facilities such as COEX, integrated stations, Hyundai Motors GBC, and Jamsil Sports Complex
• Reorganization of the environment for pedestrians and bikes, in order for railways passengers to use the major facilities easily.

http://english.seoul.go.kr/policy-in...round-complex/

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old August 29th, 2017, 10:05 AM   #23
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6944

Coex "Times Square"

Update on the Times Square project. Construction is scheduled to begin in October and to be completed before the end of 2017 so that they can hold New York celebrations with the billboards working.

I doubt the end result will be too impressive for the time being. But if Hyundai GBS get built, Parnas Tower and HDC building join in on the fun as well, and the Yeongdeung Avenue Plaza and Underground transfer station get built, the end result could be quite nice in 6 or 7 years or so.

http://www.dt.co.kr/contents.html?ar...8001&ref=naver
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 07:08 AM   #24
kimahrikku1

Apparently (I have no other source to confirm this), the proposal from Dominique Perrault (who notably designed Ewha University's fantastic ECC), has won the design contest for the project.

He is a legit architect, and he seems to be good for such low-projects with complex designs which mix outside and inside, floor level and basement.

The renders are scheduled to be published on Monday. I can't wait!

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers/9144/44362
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:03 PM   #25
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Apparently (I have no other source to confirm this), the proposal from Dominique Perrault (who notably designed Ewha University's fantastic ECC), has won the design contest for the project.

He is a legit architect, and he seems to be good for such low-projects with complex designs which mix outside and inside, floor level and basement.

The renders are scheduled to be published on Monday. I can't wait!

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers/9144/44362

I see
actually winning would have announced 20 Oct

So no need to phone call to seoul office.

Seoul will ahead of london/singafore/nyc about MICE infra when this one and jamsil project completed

Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:44 AM   #26
kimahrikku1

Here are the renders of the project, officially called "Lightwalk"

http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2...arch.naver.com

http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/4864456

Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:04 AM   #27
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1021

Looks pretty good to me. I'll certainly be interested to get a better understanding of exactly how sunlight will be reflected four stories underground. I'm very definitely happy to see that all of Yeongdeong-daero from Teheran-ro to Bongneungsa-ro will be moved under this square. It's quite easy to see this area--once the Hyundai GBC is finished--becoming another major center of Seoul like the city government wants it to be.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:53 AM   #28
inno4321

OVER ground park look boring but below underground structure very interesting for me.
especially long ladder and straight avenue

If it built like above video then it is definitely gorgeous

anyway ground park boring though

but let's see what really built in there it must harmony with HYUNDAI HQ

Old October 23rd, 2017, 09:21 AM   #29
kimahrikku1

I agree as well, I think that the proposed design is interesting and has good potential. It's important to keep in mind all the constraints placed on the architectural firms on this project, as I think the architects had very limited opportunities to be creative with all the specs.

We're talking about a space limited to what is currently a road, stuck between two huge complex (COEX and Hyundai GBC) on which they have no input, there is a set number of train tracks that have to so through the complex (subway, GTX, KTX), and some room dedicated for the bus terminal as well. Add to that the fact that you need to dig the tunnel for the road, and you get an even more limited amount of space. At street level, the requirements were for a plaza, which offers more constraints than a proper park, as the place needs to be used for large events (New Years Eve, Demonstrations, Sporting Events, Shows, Festivals...). With that in mind, I believe the project, while not revolutionary, has the potential to be a nice fit in this area.

I can't wait to see the entire area redeveloped (Hyundai GBC, Yeongdongdaero Project, Jamsil MICE...).
Old November 8th, 2017, 04:29 PM   #30
inno4321

tower&underground massive transportation

Old November 9th, 2017, 03:43 AM   #31
kimahrikku1

Before/After renders of the commercial area of Hyundai GBC, with changes to the faįade which will be more terraced:

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers/JVFj/11774
Old November 12th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #32
inno4321

560M LENGTH light beam glass ceiling which directly shine into 4 basement floor
and artificial lighting when night time into over ground

560m length same size with LWT 555M

Victoria123, aquaticko liked this post
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #33
inno4321

K POP square to built the other side of this project.

to make huge concert square and media wall advertisement
area 1,663,652㎡

http://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX2...0801&pID=10800