daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #801
achkeen10

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
sudah buka kn?

ape ade dlm
still not yet fully open.
Haagen Dazs opened....
mostly IT shops at ground floor. (Thunder Match, Acer, Mac City..handphone shops)
1st n 2nd floor more to fashion.
Movida Bar n Restaurant at ground floor.

Grand Opening is on 28th January 2011.
achkeen10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM   #802
steve_skyline

Likes (Received): 94

Where are Borders bookstore & Iceroom located ?
steve_skyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #803
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 281

should be at the 2nd floor where the link bridge is

went there yesterday,kinna boring and sempit,the IT stuff is only at the ground floor,kongsi area with F&B..1st floor already jual kasut and baju lagi

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #804
mountainm

Hi all, I am new here. I am interested in investing in Dataran Pahlawan lot. May I know what is the market price per square feet? How about rental rate? Thanks...
mountainm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #805
$jimbo$

Quote:
should be at the 2nd floor where the link bridge is

went there yesterday,kinna boring and sempit,the IT stuff is only at the ground floor,kongsi area with F&B..1st floor already jual kasut and baju lagi
Visited Malacca over the weekend. Kind of disappointed with the human traffic and tenancy @ Hatten Square. My tenant complained of many failed promises by the developer/management.

Heard a local brand club/pub will open on Jan 26th... not sure which floor but I think it should be on ground floor.

Any news on the hotel suites?
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #806
achkeen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by $jimbo$ View Post
Visited Malacca over the weekend. Kind of disappointed with the human traffic and tenancy @ Hatten Square. My tenant complained of many failed promises by the developer/management.

Heard a local brand club/pub will open on Jan 26th... not sure which floor but I think it should be on ground floor.

Any news on the hotel suites?
the pub/cafe/bar is called movida....their 2nd outlet...1st outlet in Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara.
Only know that Samsung, Mac City, Thundermatch, Acer occupying the shoplot...with some broadband shop and also handphone kiosks....
F&B only Haagen Dazs and Movida Bar/Pub.
2nd floor having another F&B...local one i guess...nvr heard of it in KL....selling local cuisine. most shops i think is owned by others instead of the developer/management.
Not many wanted to open shop there....
Even if i m not mistaken Bossini also shifting to Mahkota Parade...Carlo Rino previously also at Dataran Pahlawan but then closed down n reopened again in Mahkota Parade as corner shop outside the main entrance.
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #807
steve_skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by achkeen10 View Post
the pub/cafe/bar is called movida....their 2nd outlet...1st outlet in Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara.
Only know that Samsung, Mac City, Thundermatch, Acer occupying the shoplot...with some broadband shop and also handphone kiosks....
F&B only Haagen Dazs and Movida Bar/Pub.
2nd floor having another F&B...local one i guess...nvr heard of it in KL....selling local cuisine. most shops i think is owned by others instead of the developer/management.
Not many wanted to open shop there....
Even if i m not mistaken Bossini also shifting to Mahkota Parade...Carlo Rino previously also at Dataran Pahlawan but then closed down n reopened again in Mahkota Parade as corner shop outside the main entrance.
I wonder why Kim Gary still haven't available in Malacca, as u can see the business at Mong Kok restaurant is good especially on weekends. Fish & Co., Long John Silver, Subway should expand to more major cities in M'sia as the prices are not expensive. Btw, Bossini at Dataran Pahlawan still remain.
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #808
achkeen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_skyline View Post
I wonder why Kim Gary still haven't available in Malacca, as u can see the business at Mong Kok restaurant is good especially on weekends. Fish & Co., Long John Silver, Subway should expand to more major cities in M'sia as the prices are not expensive. Btw, Bossini at Dataran Pahlawan still remain.
Still remains?
Means two outlets?
i doubt they will survive long.
Melaka dont have such a market also....2 outlets within the same area.
Last time Adidas, Nike used to be in Mahkota Parade but since Dataran Pahlawan opened...they shifted there...or rather say another franchise open in Dataran Pahlawan and the old one closed down.

Kim Gary? i actually did suggest in their suggestion box to open outlet in melaka...but then it seems nothing happened....that was way back into 2009.
Long John Silver already closed down in Malaysia. No more operations in Malaysia anymore.
Fish & Co i doubt they will open....since i dont think i heard they have expansion....
Even Manhattan Fish Market also dont have plans to open here....that shows how bad Melaka market....can say that highly likely have to rely on tourists but then seriously those franchise i believe those from KL, Penang or JB have them n they would want to try something more special in Melaka rather than having those franchise outlet.

I do hope that Subway open in Melaka. Subway is really very good.
I wont say its very cheap coz in KL...the price is considered normal.
Melaka people wouldnt want to spend so much on food....pricey ones especially. Once in a while maybe but not all the time.

Melaka have San Francisco Steakhouse....which has outlet in Ipoh n KL.
But do they have a lot of biz?? i m not sure bout it since i never try their food in Melaka before.
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #809
$jimbo$

Agree... The locals do not have the big spending power so Malacca retail markets must rely on tourists from KL, SG and INA... That's why I am concerned if new retail malls are opening...

To revive Malacca's tourism industry, HSR from SG-Ayer Keroh-KL-PG is very important. The connectivity from Ayer Keroh (LRT/MRT) is another crucial factor...

Anyway, so far the tenancy occupancy rate is quite disappointing... Over Promise, Under Deliver
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #810
steve_skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by achkeen10 View Post
Even Manhattan Fish Market also dont have plans to open here....that shows how bad Melaka market....can say that highly likely have to rely on tourists but then seriously those franchise i believe those from KL, Penang or JB have them n they would want to try something more special in Melaka rather than having those franchise outlet.

I do hope that Subway open in Melaka. Subway is really very good.
I wont say its very cheap coz in KL...the price is considered normal.
Melaka people wouldnt want to spend so much on food....pricey ones especially. Once in a while maybe but not all the time.
U can't say Malacca market is bad simply because here don't have Manhattan Fish Market. I think having Simply Fish is a way to complement Manhanttan Fish Market. Burger King just recently open in Penang, is that means Penang market is so bad, until now only having their 1st outlet? Malacca having few famous brands which still haven't available in Penang/JB, don't be too pessimistic with the market here.
I think a lot of ppl from other states also wouldn't want to spend so much on food, maybe except Klang Valley. I don't like Subway, but is good if open outlet in Malacca, more choices for other consumers.

Last edited by steve_skyline; January 20th, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM   #811
achkeen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_skyline View Post
U can't say Malacca market is bad simply because here don't have Manhattan Fish Market. I think having Simply Fish is a way to complement Manhanttan Fish Market. Burger King just recently open in Penang, is that means Penang market is so bad, until now only having their 1st outlet? Malacca having few famous brands which still haven't available in Penang/JB, don't be too pessimistic with the market here.
I think a lot of ppl from other states also wouldn't want to spend so much on food, maybe except Klang Valley. I don't like Subway, but is good if open outlet in Malacca, more choices for other consumers.
it is bad. Burger King also just opened in Ipoh. a Drive thru outlet...and they plan to open more. If Melaka has the market...i m sure they will have more outlets open in a short period. (ie Domino Pizza in Ipoh...within a year or two...they are opening the 3rd outlet)
This shows that Melaka market is not good. Simply Fish is just not as good as Manhattan Fish Market. The price also is a bit higher than Manhattan Fish Market. I tasted Simply Fish before. I just dont think its cheap in the sense that it is in Melaka. Most important is that Simply Fish is not really targetting locals but tourists.
Of course, Haagen Dazs is the 1st outside KL n Penang which JB doesnt have eventhough its close proximity with Singapore.... Thats because their HQ wanted AAA+ rating n location to open its outlet. Too bad JB dont have that kind of rating n location.

Basically, those small towns wont have the population to spend on pricey food.... Penang, Klang Valley n JB is diff case.
Melaka is somehow categorised as small town...not even qualified as city.
Of course, i dont demand a lot no of outlets but then at least one each then it would be fine.
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM   #812
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by $jimbo$ View Post
Agree... The locals do not have the big spending power so Malacca retail markets must rely on tourists from KL, SG and INA... That's why I am concerned if new retail malls are opening...

To revive Malacca's tourism industry, HSR from SG-Ayer Keroh-KL-PG is very important. The connectivity from Ayer Keroh (LRT/MRT) is another crucial factor...

Anyway, so far the tenancy occupancy rate is quite disappointing... Over Promise, Under Deliver
No,the solution is not only to increase tourist arrival but to increase local disposal income as well..

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM   #813
teckkang
Architect at KL

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
No,the solution is not only to increase tourist arrival but to increase local disposal income as well..
that is when the public transport is so important. An excellent public transport can mobilise the whole population more effectively than private cars. When population is mobilised, then we can see higher influx of local population to the city centre.

if the government is still reluctant to invest on the revamp of public transport, the market will never be able to cover the whole Malacca population.

My Fotki Photo Page
http://www.fotki.com/alvinpoh

My Flickr Photo Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinpoh/
teckkang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM   #814
daeng_jal

bus is needed,but mlk also need lot more dual cariageway road to tap into N9 n johore population as well..but most importantly G has to think of a way to increase melakan disposable income as well as increase it own population

nyway there are puting a bus station beside hatten sq

MBMB/OSC/KM/00439/2011 : Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Bagi Cadangan Pembangunan Tempat Letak Bas(Coaches Bay) Dan Ruang Perniagaan Diatas Rezab Parit Monsun Sediada, Kawasan Bandar XLII, Daerah Melaka Tengah, Melaka oleh Pahlawan City Sdn Bhd di Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah

MBMB/OSC/KM/00419/2010 : Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Bagi Cadangan Pembangunan (Perniagaan 18 unit kiosk) Dataran Pahlawan Walk Diatas Tanah Kerajaan Kawasan Bandar XXVII, Daerah Melaka Tengah,Melaka oleh Perbadanan Ketua Menteri Melaka di Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah

Last edited by daeng_jal; January 23rd, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #815
$jimbo$

Quote:
Increase the disposal income has to be done at the national level, not state level. Anyway, this (high disposal income) has been in the plan from the govt...

To increase the population in Malacca state, we need a dynamic public transportation to mobilize the people from the nearby states or countries (INA and SG)... like it or not, these people have higher disposal income than the locals.

So I think the public infrastructure is the most crucial factor here. It is interesting to see many new projects mushrooming in Malacca state, but where are the supports (spending) from? I'm still much bewildered...
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #816
achkeen10

Quote:
bus is needed,but mlk also need lot more dual cariageway road to tap into N9 n johore population as well..but most importantly G has to think of a way to increase melakan disposable income as well as increase it own population

nyway there are puting a bus station beside hatten sq

MBMB/OSC/KM/00439/2011 : Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Bagi Cadangan Pembangunan Tempat Letak Bas(Coaches Bay) Dan Ruang Perniagaan Diatas Rezab Parit Monsun Sediada, Kawasan Bandar XLII, Daerah Melaka Tengah, Melaka oleh Pahlawan City Sdn Bhd di Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah

MBMB/OSC/KM/00419/2010 : Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Bagi Cadangan Pembangunan (Perniagaan 18 unit kiosk) Dataran Pahlawan Walk Diatas Tanah Kerajaan Kawasan Bandar XXVII, Daerah Melaka Tengah,Melaka oleh Perbadanan Ketua Menteri Melaka di Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah
its not really bus station....its just parking for buses....the buses will park above the monsoon drain.
Above the bus parking, will be the kiosks....while the front part near Hatten Square should be demolished to have the hotel entrance to be bigger.

Last edited by achkeen10; January 27th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #817
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2149

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mypeggy/5422792652/
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mypeggy/5422163779/
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #818
$jimbo$

Any updates on Hatten Square?
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #819
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 99

Hatten Square mall is opened with the hotel block topping out soon
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #820
Fakhri Nor

Likes (Received): 1

Hi there new user coming in.. Have observe this site for 1 years but don't see the register button.. hahaha..

One question: When will (exactly) that Hatten Square Suite will be ready?? (^_^)
Fakhri Nor no está en línea   Reply With Quote