daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #961
wongugu

Likes (Received): 10

Last edited by wongugu; September 7th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
wongugu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #962
wongugu

Likes (Received): 10

cheapskate renovation of Dataran Pahlawan

image hosted on flickr

DataranPahlawan_7-September by mice_eddie, on Flickr
wongugu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #963
chuakz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongugu View Post

image hosted on flickr

hatten projects...always look so amazing in renders but the end product is crap...i hope their newer projects will change that perception...everywhere is melaka it's quantity over quality....makes me mad that they are ruining the landscape...at least build something nice that we can admire!
chuakz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #964
steve_skyline

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuakz View Post
hatten projects...always look so amazing in renders but the end product is crap...i hope their newer projects will change that perception...everywhere is melaka it's quantity over quality....makes me mad that they are ruining the landscape...at least build something nice that we can admire!
The exterior not that bad looking, it looks ok for me. We'll wait for the shops to open and see the finishing structure soon.
steve_skyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #965
teckkang
Architect at KL

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongugu View Post

I never like hatten, typical tasteless chinaman developer

My Fotki Photo Page
http://www.fotki.com/alvinpoh

My Flickr Photo Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinpoh/
teckkang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #966
steve_skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckkang View Post
I never like hatten, typical tasteless chinaman developer
I partially agree with you. The Hatten Hotel which facing MP, the entire upper part building really needs to install with fully glass cladding (only portion glass cladding installed, just serve the purpose without considering the beauty, the interior looks ok). The DP heritage bazaar is really a joke, extremely cheap and ugly (I only been there once). Initially, I really dislike the small lots area, looks quite cheap like Sg. Wang feel (it gives the mall different feel with small and big lots, some ppl will like it and some will not).

The DP Phase 2 exterior (which the Toy R Us located) looks ugly, more like a mosque than a shopping mall. The outside pedestrain path must ensure is set up nicely, really dislike the vehicle lane which blocking the pedestrain path, should build it at the opposite side. Apart from that, the Imperio Residence show room looks nice and elegant, hoping the building exterior will be nice as well.

Last edited by steve_skyline; September 10th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #967
steve_skyline

I love the design and settings of the elegant shopping malls in Beijing, even the 3rd city in Taiwan, Taichung also having such beautiful mall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncolour View Post
continue Sanlitun Village 三里屯Village, Beijing, China

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Quote:
continue Sanlitun Village 三里屯Village, Beijing, China

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

by pp124
Quote:

Last edited by steve_skyline; September 10th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #968
Bourgandy
Bourgandy

Likes (Received): 226

Meh... Dataran pahlawan renovations looks like cheapo mini version of pavilion, in terms of design, in case if anyone haven't notice.

What i dislike the most is;

1: quality of design, terrible!
2: very very narrow pedestrian walkway!
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #969
James1983

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Meh... Dataran pahlawan renovations looks like cheapo mini version of pavilion, in terms of design, in case if anyone haven't notice.

What i dislike the most is;

1: quality of design, terrible!
2: very very narrow pedestrian walkway!
Agree! I've never liked Hatten's design!
I mean, look at DP, Hatten Square, and now DP2.
All horrible!

And the worst part, their malls are like mazes. No proper layout whatsoever, lack of escalators too. And the Heritage bazaar section, seriously
James1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #970
chuakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1983 View Post
Agree! I've never liked Hatten's design!
I mean, look at DP, Hatten Square, and now DP2.
All horrible!

And the worst part, their malls are like mazes. No proper layout whatsoever, lack of escalators too. And the Heritage bazaar section, seriously
they lack good delivery....promise so much deliver so little...such an embarassment when i brought my uncle and aunties from hong kong and they asked me if that big mall is nice...i dare not bring them to see it
have you guys not realise that most of the buildings in melaka are the same? everybody gets all hooha about a "huge" project and it turns out like a cheap version of something else. Think, the whole MITC area and all the hatten projects to date. The DP facelift look like they painted the Melaka AutoCity failed project in black paint.
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #971
James1983

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuakz View Post
they lack good delivery....promise so much deliver so little...such an embarassment when i brought my uncle and aunties from hong kong and they asked me if that big mall is nice...i dare not bring them to see it
have you guys not realise that most of the buildings in melaka are the same? everybody gets all hooha about a "huge" project and it turns out like a cheap version of something else. Think, the whole MITC area and all the hatten projects to date. The DP facelift look like they painted the Melaka AutoCity failed project in black paint.
Yup!
Can't remember what is the name of their project that is currently in construction at the former 'Harbour club' area.
The rendering looks nice, but trust me it's gonna turn out to have those cheapo look again, never ever trust Hatten group, really no quality at all
James1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #972
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_skyline View Post
I love the design and settings of the elegant shopping malls in Beijing, even the 3rd city in Taiwan, Taichung also having such beautiful mall.

there was once upon a time when these places were way behind Malaysia, especially when it came to the physical development of a city, but look at them now......
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #973
Fakhri Nor

Likes (Received): 1

That Mall from China or what so ever place it was from, is so above the level of this Dataran Pahlawan and by the way UNIQLO is opening their first outlet in Melaka at Dataran Pahlawan maybe on mid december..

Really hoping to see H&M and Cotton On in Melaka, and lets not talk about the high end, for me personally not all Malaccan can buy an original Louis Vuitton bags or Gucci or Prada.. Now talk about the middle end first.

Source: http://www.uniqlo.com/my/corp/pressr...t_malacca.html
Fakhri Nor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #974
john137

Likes (Received): 0

subway store

Last edited by john137; October 16th, 2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: wrong
john137 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #975
chuakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by john137 View Post
hi guys,i would like to open first subway store in melaka,i went to dataran pahlawan site viewing,currently still under renovation,was told will be completed in dec this year,heard brand like uniqlo,cotton on,terranova,padini,charles& keith,MNG,esprit,guess,oakley,aldo,voir,adidas,sketcher,ms read,SUB will open their store in DP as well,want you guys think about DP,esp the local melaka?will those brand attract u guys to go shop in DP?

i wonder why the starbuck in DP not doing well..not many crowd also in weekend,also the starbuck in MP too..but the aeon melaka is super crowd ,the local melaka like to shop there..may i know the reason why..
DP is not well designed at all....yes those brands are coming but mostly the crowd will only be there on weekends...weekdays forget about it. someone close to me was considering subway too but then, melaka market might not be sufficient to support the business.
Old October 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #976
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 278

There's 3 starbuckuck in that area, DP one are the worst because it's inside without any outdoor seating, so that could be why it doing poorly.

Subway are cheap! It's even cheaper than McD, if u open it up in DP u could count on the students and movie goer crowds. In DP the layout is horrible, shoppers flow are irregular if the shop is correctly located it should do fine

Why not aeon? Currently only burger king selling burgers/sandwich. So less competition I suppose.

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #977
steve_skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by john137 View Post
hi guys,i would like to open first subway store in melaka,i went to dataran pahlawan site viewing,currently still under renovation,was told will be completed in dec this year,heard brand like uniqlo,cotton on,terranova,padini,charles& keith,MNG,esprit,guess,oakley,aldo,voir,adidas,sketcher,ms read,SUB will open their store in DP as well,want you guys think about DP,esp the local melaka?will those brand attract u guys to go shop in DP?

i wonder why the starbuck in DP not doing well..not many crowd also in weekend,also the starbuck in MP too..but the aeon melaka is super crowd ,the local melaka like to shop there..may i know the reason why..
Thanks for the info, Subway should be working fine at DP area and Aeon. There are lots of Malaccans and tourists asking for Subway.

Seems like Jerasia group expand greatly in Malacca with MNG, H.E. by Mango, Mango Touch, Mango Kids, Terranova, Trio.

There are huge crowd at MP Starbucks especially on weekends, DP Starbucks this few months business affected as renovation is going on. The crowd should be ok after the renovation completed. I know the supervisor working at Starbucks and will ask him which Starbucks outlets in Malacca is the most profitable.

Last edited by steve_skyline; October 16th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #978
chuakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_skyline View Post
Thanks for the info, Subway should be working fine at DP area and Aeon. There are lots of Malaccans and tourists asking for Subway.

Seems like Jerasia group expand greatly in Malacca with MNG, H.E. by Mango, Mango Touch, Mango Kids, Terranova, Trio.

There are huge crowd at MP Starbucks especially on weekends, DP Starbucks this few months business affected as renovation is going on. The crowd should be ok after the renovation completed. I know the supervisor working at Starbucks and will ask him which Starbucks outlets in Malacca is the most profitable.
melaka raya starbucks is not bad...i'm surprised that there is a small crowd even on weekdays....students nowadays are more willing to spend...5 years ago when i was still in high school starbucks once per month maybe lol
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #979
steve_skyline

Coming soon tenants at DP upper ground floor

Esprit duplex frontage store, Nichii, Semk, Skechers, Baylis & Harding, Body Glove, Tropicana Life, Pedal Works, Sasa, Wafflemania, Watsons, Sea Horse HK, Aldo, Guess Accessories, Ms. Read, Dockers, Dzi Kingdom, Opera, SUB, Royal County of Berkshire and Goin' Places had opened.

Quiksilver duplex frontage store had opened. Actually it's Boardriders store with Quiksilver and Roxy.

The renovated Johnny's Restaurant and Brands Outlet had opened.

Double storey Pacific Coffee Company opening soon at DP.

Black Canyon opening soon at DP.

The list and more include Aster Spring, H.E. by Mango, Mango Kids, US Polo Assn., Hype Clothing, Innoz Concept Store, Eye to Eye Premium, 93 degree coffee from S'pore, etc...

UNIQLO opens on 13th Dec 2013.

B-DUCK and friends by SEMK has come all the way from Hong Kong to Malacca

from Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall fb

New looks of relocation Nichii

from Nichii fb

2nd Skechers store in Malacca

from Skechers Malaysia fb

Beautiful Sasa store

Last edited by steve_skyline; November 20th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #980
steve_skyline

Esprit men section

Boardriders upper ground floor section

SUB megastore