daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #381
Isek

Likes (Received): 1226

Some images taken from www.deutsches-architektur-forum.de

Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #382
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 59676

Stick to English in the international forum part please, danke

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #383
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3452

Geil! I like speaking German too but please listen to König Örbs bitte, speak English in the International section so everyone can understand each other
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #384
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 921

nice update, thanks
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #385
Xorcist

Likes (Received): 408

BTW: with spire the second tower will have about 220m according to "DAF"
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM   #386
ktsoldier

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Zueblin to finish building new 1 bln euro ECB HQ

FRANKFURT, Feb 17 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's 1 billion euro ($1.36 billion) new headquarters was back on track on Thursday after key work for the 45-storey skyscraper was given to Zueblin.

The building, set to be the ECB's first permanent home, has developed into a bricks and mortar symbol of the euro's permanence at a time when the euro zone's debt crisis continues to raise questions about the currency's future.

German construction firm Baresel, awarded main structural work for the twisted glass skyscraper last year, was stripped of much of it earlier this month after the ECB became unhappy with the project's progress.

Zueblin "has committed to completing the structural works for the new ECB premises as planned, in terms of timing, cost and quality," the ECB said, adding it expected to move in during 2014.
+++++++

Does this mean that the project has doubled in cost as I thought the budget was 500 million euro?

Anyone know the reason for the cost increase? Is the project on schedule and under budget and what are the issues?

Sorry for so many questions but we do not hear about this building in the UK and a web search does not really provide any answers to these sorts of questions.

The images look fab though!

Who is the general contractor?

This is my first post so be gentle with the replies please
ktsoldier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM   #387
erbse
LIBERTINED

As far as I remember, 1bln EUR was the sum that was proposed since ages.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #388
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsoldier View Post
+++++++

Does this mean that the project has doubled in cost as I thought the budget was 500 million euro?

Anyone know the reason for the cost increase? Is the project on schedule and under budget and what are the issues?

there is no cost increase, really. the 500 m never included the cost of the site, infrastructure, etc.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:05 PM   #389
ktsoldier

Cheers for the info guys, I am glad the taxpayers money is being well looked after
So, no issues, delays or cost over runs then?

Must be a first for such a prestigious building
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #390
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

well, the project was on hold for a while, but that was before construction started. one reason was a dispute with the family of the architect, who designed the nearby market hall, which was partly demolished for the development. another reason was a problem with the general contractor. there was nobody who wanted to build this for the budget, so the ecb decided to split between several companies.

once the problems were solved construction began, and since then it was/is right on track. I have my doubts if they manage to stay within the budget though. there are reasons why the inital offers fo the construction were between a billion and 1.4 billion euros...
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #391
Sebosim

Will the Euro Sign which is currently in front of the Eurotower move to this new tower?
Btw, I like the design , atrium 'll be great
Sebosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #392
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4267

Interesting to note that the Hafenpark (see pic #381) next to ECB seems to be uc as well. This will be such a nice piece of Frankfurt when everything is finished. Can't wait.

source: wordpress

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Last edited by goschio; June 25th, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #393
ktsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
well, the project was on hold for a while, but that was before construction started. one reason was a dispute with the family of the architect, who designed the nearby market hall, which was partly demolished for the development. another reason was a problem with the general contractor. there was nobody who wanted to build this for the budget, so the ecb decided to split between several companies.

once the problems were solved construction began, and since then it was/is right on track. I have my doubts if they manage to stay within the budget though. there are reasons why the inital offers fo the construction were between a billion and 1.4 billion euros...

So the budget is 500m and the tenders received were between 1 billion and 1.4 billion!!

You say there were reasons, what were they?
Old June 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #394
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

the bidding was during a time when the cost of building material was higher than today. it's cheaper now, though prices didn't go down by 50%.

I'm not quite sure, why the ecb has "two" budgets. one is the 500m figure, the other one is 1 billion (has always been). I guess the first one is for the press - it sounds better, when the ecb doesn't spend too much on this building. what the press doesn't say is that the 500m doesn't include all costs.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #395
erbse
LIBERTINED

I updated the first post of this thread with some known renderings and information. It will be expanded further, feel free to send me additional info and images. This will be a reference for all construction threads in the international section here, so it should look good.

Thank you.

Last edited by erbse; June 29th, 2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #396
ktsoldier

My understanding is that the 1 billion euro price include all soft costs such as fees, finance, land etc whilst the 500 euro is only the construction cost.

What I do not understand is why the bids back were in the region of 1 billion to 1.4 billion?
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #397
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22642

you mean the discrepancy of the bids (1 billion to 1.4 billion) or the discrepancy between the cheapest bid and the final construction costs?
il fenomeno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #398
ktsoldier

The discrepancy between the bids received - 1b to 1.4b - and the construction budget which is 500 million, mso the bids received were between two and three times the cost plan!
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #399
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22642

because the bids were all-inclusive-offers. one company doing the whole construction. likely there were not many companies around to do such a huge project all alone, so there was little competition. also, which such a big package, risk is much higher for a single company. hence the expensive bids.

after the bids seemed to high, the ecb went splitting the construction work into little peaces, choosing different companies for each. more competition and less risk for each company led to lower prices.
il fenomeno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #400
ktsoldier

I am not sure I would agree with that to be honest, there are plenty of companies who are more than big enough in Europe for a 500 million project - in fact there are loads of them. Also, in terms of risk, surely there is a greater risk in splitting the tenderers as there is no overall control so the chance of a delay is multiplied?

Who is co-ordinated all the separate packages and what risk do they take?

Sounds to me like the building has been over specified and the original budget is very low, as the market and the bid returns would suggest?

Tags
frankfurt