SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Citygate phase 3 and 4?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Istrian 
#1 ·
I have heard the cancelled Metropole condominiums are to be replaced with two more Citygate phases. Does anyone know if the new buildings will be identical to the first two and if they will be taller?

#3 ·
Citygate 1 & 2 are looking great, 3 and 4 will look even better. Mississauga's growth doesnt seem to be stoping anytime soon considering it may be getting a 50 storey building, two 45 storey buildings, these two 42 storey buildings as well as citygate 1 & 2, and we cant forget about the capital development ecspecially phase 3 which will be 38 stories.

#5 ·
Perhaps one day we'll be as goofy as those screwball Europeans and take real - deal, rail based, transit out to 905. But, of course, the level of intellect of Canadians truly differentiates us form those nutty Europeans with their integrated, metropolitan- area wide, local transit.

#6 ·
Are Be said:
Perhaps one day we'll be as goofy as those screwball Europeans and take real - deal, rail based, transit out to 905. .
Thats true, but I don't think that we will every GO there, because to GO there would be too screwball. Its not like we have any rail based transit already GOing to 905.

I love Citygate. Its fantastic. My fav MCC building. That area will probably be the most dense section of MCC when everything is said and done.

#7 ·
MCC will change dramatically in the next ten years and will be quite dense which
might warrant some new transit discussions based on this .if anything it will be a hub
and possibly connections with downtown toronto are not too far away,maybe somehow connecting with the airport blue 22 link would be less expensive to use those tracks

#8 ·
^I think LRT/tram along burnathorpe/hwy 10, and dundas make sence. For the most part, both hwy10 and burnathorpe can handle a ROW tram line. Dundas is a little harder. From the hwy 10, burnathorpe, when connected to the 2 GO stations, should provide easy enough access. Plus, if they extend the BD line to sherway, and then sq 1, this could also be beneficial, but be a long commutte. But the problem is that Hazel doesn't want to spend a dime, which I beleive if she had pushed for it and Missy was willing to pay their fair share, it could have been had in the past.

Also, if they could connect this possible subway conection with the blue 22 line in Mississsauga, I think it would make the plan a lot more viable, as it could attract a lot more riders (ie. jump on the bloor subway and ride it to the blue 22 connection in missy), but maybe thats not screwball enough.

#9 ·
Roch5220 said:
^I think LRT/tram along burnathorpe/hwy 10, and dundas make sence. For the most part, both hwy10 and burnathorpe can handle a ROW tram line. Dundas is a little harder. From the hwy 10, burnathorpe, when connected to the 2 GO stations, should provide easy enough access. Plus, if they extend the BD line to sherway, and then sq 1, this could also be beneficial, but be a long commutte. But the problem is that Hazel doesn't want to spend a dime, which I beleive if she had pushed for it and Missy was willing to pay their fair share, it could have been had in the past.
BD line to MCC is not feasible. Burnhamthorpe corridor is lined with detached houses with their backyards facing the road and is way too far from Sherway, while Dundas is not in MCC. But if the TTC chooses to ignore these corridors, then the BD extension would be just as bad as Spadina subway. Max BD should be extended to is to Sherway.

Best way to bring rail transit to MCC is LRT/tram on Dundas, Bloor and Burnhamthorpe, from Hurontario to Kipling. All three corridors have around 10,000 bus boardings per day, so they are pretty much equal. Hurontario itself should have LRT as well, since it is by far the busiest route in 905 (including Hamilton), and would still be very busy by TTC standards.

#10 ·
Mike in TO said:
According to FM at UT phases 3 and 4 will be 42 stories each and a slightly different design.
I am happy about the increase dheight, but not about it being more phases of Citygate. I prefer Metropole since it has more different design.

I am happy at the increasing heights in MCC. The 30's towers are having much effect on MCC's skyline already (existing buildings are in 20-25 range)and now it is getting 40's towers (!!), but... I wish there were more unique designs.

#11 ·
doady said:
BD line to MCC is not feasible. Burnhamthorpe corridor is lined with detached houses with their backyards facing the road and is way too far from Sherway, while Dundas is not in MCC. But if the TTC chooses to ignore these corridors, then the BD extension would be just as bad as Spadina subway. Max BD should be extended to is to Sherway.

Best way to bring rail transit to MCC is LRT/tram on Dundas, Bloor and Burnhamthorpe, from Hurontario to Kipling. All three corridors have around 10,000 bus boardings per day, so they are pretty much equal. Hurontario itself should have LRT as well, since it is by far the busiest route in 905 (including Hamilton), and would still be very busy by TTC standards.
Your second point, is basically what I just said, except that you added Bloor LRT line. I know Dundas isn't in MCC, I never said it was.

#13 ·
local transit is just that...Miss should be able to support it's own decent transit locally before worrying about connecting it to the TTC. That would just be more commuter transit, which is already specifically addressed by GO Transit, and a few choice TTC bus routes.

KGB

#15 ·
Just off topic here but its good too see Mississauga isnt giving into nimbys

http://www.mississauga.com/mi/news/story/2608353p-3024555c.html
THE MISSISSAUGA NEWS
Protests denied, buildings will rise

JOSEPH CHIN
Mar 2, 2005

Get used to it.

That's the blunt message City Hall is sending to residents opposed to a high density housing development planned for their City Centre neighbourhood.

The development calls for 5,335 mainly condominium housing units to be built on 30 acres of vacant land a stone's throw from City Hall.

When completed in 10-15 years the Amacon Development Inc. project -- the largest in the City's history -- will be home to more than 12,000 residents.

Existing residents say too many people will be crammed into too little space. And about 100 of them turned out at a planning and development committee meeting Monday night to be heard.

But City councillors dismissed their concerns, and voted to accept in principle changes to the official plan that will allow the project to proceed. When completed, the application will go to City Council for final approval.

"The official plan for City Centre has been in existence since 1987, and it calls for all this high density," said Ward 7 Councillor Nando Iannicca. "It will bring life to the City Centre. I think it is exciting."

Iannicca was responding to complaints by residents of two 12-year-old high-rise condos located on Rathburn Rd. W. on the northern edge of the development. Among their demands, they want the new high-rises to be lower and placed farther away from their buildings.

"They will be built only 30-50 metres from our windows and balconies. They will block out the sunshine for most of the day," said Vijay Jain, who lives on the 21st floor at 330 Rathburn Rd. W.

The residents presented a 300-name petition to City Hall asking councillors to turn down Ama-con's request for amendments to the official plans. In addition to shadowing, they fear the development will "Manhattanize" the neighbourhood.

But Councillor Iannicca wasn't too sympathetic.

"When you bought your home, who said you had the entitlement to perpetual sunshine?" he asked. "We have to be fair to all residents. Other people have high-rises built only a few feet away from their backyards."

Ward 4 Councillor Frank Dale, who represents the area, was the only councillor to vote against the amendments.

"We should have regard for the existing communities in the northern section. I think the transition zone is inadequate," he said.

Mississauga City Centre was identified last October by the Ontario government as one of 25 urban growth areas (UGA) in the Golden Horseshoe. The plan targets these areas for intensification.

THE MISSISSAUGA NEWS

#16 · (Edited)
"They will be built only 30-50 metres from our windows and balconies. They will block out the sunshine for most of the day," said Vijay Jain, who lives on the 21st floor at 330 Rathburn Rd. W.

But Councillor Iannicca wasn't too sympathetic.

"When you bought your home, who said you had the entitlement to perpetual sunshine?" he asked. "We have to be fair to all residents. Other people have high-rises built only a few feet away from their backyards."

HEHEHE ..This is the best response the Councillor
have maybe ever done about NIMBYSM sindrome IN GENERAL !!! !!! !!!

In any case, I never heard anything better regarding that matter.
I would make of it a huge billboard-pano and put it in the front of every future high rise development as a constant reminder-warning for all potential NIMBYS.

BRAVO MAESTRO BRAVO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.