daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2015, 02:56 PM   #21
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12552

final high quality rendering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
Please do not continue to engage in political debate.
I expected this to happen as soon as I saw Inno bring up his dissatisfaction towards Seoul's mayor; hence I said " I'm in for any project that will make Seoul a more pedestrian and eco-friendly city regardless of politics."

In case Inno and aqcuatico were wondering that was a cue that we should keep this thread clean of political debate.

Thank you.

well come down bro
This project not CONFIRM or U/C
Now 7017 project very controversial in korea.
If this project ongoing in Pyoungyang then we should keep slience and just watch "rendering"
but this is seoul project where democracy city.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Victoria123 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2015, 03:10 PM   #22
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1039

That's one thing I really don't understand about this site--major development projects are almost always going to be a little bit political, and this one is not only initiated purely by the city government, but is genuinely considered a controversial project. We were discussing the merits of the current proposal, and in light of the stark difference between the current proposal and the other proposal, politics came up.

We can't pretend that urban development is apolitical; it just isn't, and as Inno says, we do it a serious disservice when we treat it like it is.

inno4321 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #23
Victoria123

Likes (Received): 1845

I am enjoying all the new renderings for this project and I will continue to do so.
That is all.
Victoria123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #24
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 7229

So, a new article from Kojects about this project. Once again, it's political, and due to how politically charged this project is, it will be hard to find anything apolitical about it anyway.

Despite the big headline, saying that the project is threatened, there are two more important pieces of information here :
- Traffic will close down on the bridge anyway, from November 29th, so once this traffic dies down (with I believe little influence on commerces around, such as the Namdaemun market), shopowners might not be opposed as strongly to the project as they are now.
- MOLIT gave the results of their traffic analysis, and now it seems that the Catch 22 is about to end : now that MOLIT has come forward, the police will have to look for traffic measures

Quote:
Seoul 7017 Project under Risk

For quite some time I didnít write about the Seoul Station Overpass project. After Seoulís mayor decided to transform the elevated road near the main train station of Seoul into a High Line-style park for pedestrians, there were two car-free days on the Seoul Station Overpass and a design competition selected MVRDVís design. Since then there was nothing to report about. Until now!

November 29 is the official beginning of the permanent Seoul Station Overpass closure. But yesterday mayor Park Won-soon said in an interview that in a worst-case scenario there is a chance that the project could be scrapped. According to the mayor, the problem is that the government and police agency are against the plan. No progress has been made regarding the development of the Seoul Station Overpass due to lack of cooperation. Thus, it may be difficult to expect that the plans will become reality.

Currently, the project is under risk of delay because of two reasons: First, the police agency has yet to decide on traffic measures. Even though the committee that is responsible for such a decision met a couple of times, they didnít talk about the traffic measures after the Seoul Station Overpass closure at all. Secondly, Seoul requested a traffic analysis from the government a month ago but Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) didnít complete it yet. The police agency claims that they canít make any move without the result of MOLITís analysis.

Then Park Won-Soon said that he is especially disappointed by the president Park Geun-Hye. When Lee Myeong-Bak has been the mayor of Seoul and intended to restore the Cheonggyecheon stream, the government which consisted of the rival party at that time supported him financially.

Car-Free day in October 2014

No Seoul 7017 project or political power play?

The content above is from an interview that was published yesterday morning. In the afternoon of the same day news outlets reported that MOLIT finally submitted the result of their traffic analysis: There wonít be any traffic problems if the overpass closes and they approve the proposed changes in the local traffic guidance. Is it possible that MOLIT gave out the result after getting such pressure from the mayor through the media? There is still over a year left until mayor Park Won-Soon wants to complete the project. Is it really possible that a couple of delays can risk the whole project?

The Seoul Station Overpass closure is going to happen anyway on November 29. The overpass was evaluated as not safe enough to drive on it and the mayor says that the safety of citizens comes first. Soon this traffic is going to disappear (or it has to find a different route):

Actually, the important question is not ďCan the project be realized?Ē. Seoul should ask: Should we transform the overpass to a park? Wouldnít it be better to remove it completely? It still seems that the shop owners at Namdaemun Market and others are against the project. As I wrote in other posts about the overpass, public consultation and participation is very important.
http://kojects.com/2015/11/17/seoul-...ct-under-risk/

Last edited by kimahrikku1; November 18th, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #25
kimahrikku1

The overpass was closed to traffic today at 00:00, allowing for work to begin to transform it into a park, although I believe there is no specific timeline for the start of construction at this point. Obviously park opening is provisionally scheduled for 2017, hence the name 7017 (1970 being the year the overpass opened).
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:30 AM   #26
iantoz

Likes (Received): 2

Why would an aerial park as an overpass make any sense though? Just looking out to see how it works out but from the onset it doesn't feel normal. Maybe abnormal is the new normal.
Old December 13th, 2015, 04:24 PM   #27
aquaticko

I think that the general feeling is that it wouldn't make any sense. Obviously, that's not a consensus opinion around here, but this project just isn't suited to the location. Either end of a pedestrian overpass here would land in a non-pedestrian-friendly area, and if the overpass isn't essential to the local economy with vehicles travelling over it, then I don't know how pedestrian traffic is going to be much more worthwhile. There just isn't enough in the area to justify it.

I still think they'd do much better to build a platform over the tracks to create more land to do something with. More skyscrapers, low-rises, or even a park--any of these would make more sense to me, although it'd obviously be of a different magnitude in cost to do so. Better than them carving out land from mountainsides as has been wont of developers here for decades.

It's a shame that the political angle has to be taken into account here at all, from either side, but that's the way these things go.

inno4321 liked this post
Old December 13th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #28
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantoz View Post
Why would an aerial park as an overpass make any sense though? Just looking out to see how it works out but from the onset it doesn't feel normal. Maybe abnormal is the new normal.
Yes, similar parks have sprung up, the High Line in New York or the Promenade Plantťe in Paris are the most famous successful examples (although they were built on above-ground railroads rather than car overpass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I think that the general feeling is that it wouldn't make any sense. Obviously, that's not a consensus opinion around here, but this project just isn't suited to the location. Either end of a pedestrian overpass here would land in a non-pedestrian-friendly area, and if the overpass isn't essential to the local economy with vehicles travelling over it, then I don't know how pedestrian traffic is going to be much more worthwhile. There just isn't enough in the area to justify it.

I still think they'd do much better to build a platform over the tracks to create more land to do something with. More skyscrapers, low-rises, or even a park--any of these would make more sense to me, although it'd obviously be of a different magnitude in cost to do so. Better than them carving out land from mountainsides as has been wont of developers here for decades.

It's a shame that the political angle has to be taken into account here at all, from either side, but that's the way these things go.
I think that the general consensus is that people "choose" whether they like this project or not based on their political affiliations rather than the project's merits... Hardly the first time in Korea, or in the world... Just for some background, Lee Myung-Bak, when he was mayor of Seoul, led the Cheonggyecheon Redevelopment Project. In many ways, it was similar to this project : located in Seoul's historic district, turning an obsolete piece of expressway infrastructure symbolic of the country's industrialization process in the 1970s into a pedestrian and eco-friendly park. And "The bulldozer" was widely criticized back then, and it turned out to be one of the most successful project in Seoul.

Now, does that mean this Seoul Station 7017 project will succeed, no, of course not. Different projects, different administrations, different sites, different budgets...

But still, I think we have to give this project a chance. All the alternatives are not perfect either. A park on a platform out of nowhere would feel awkward and it would face competition from Namsan or from the future Yongsan Central Park. A complex centered around a department store or shopping mall would also be complicated, as major retailers have similar historic complex in this area, and the department store market is struggling in Korea anyway. So in this economic environment, building a new Department Store, with added construction costs due to its location would be difficult. Building some regular highrises would be a shame because if wouldn't bring any added benefit to the area. There are 2 other options that could be viable in my mind : having actual skyscrapers that would be the symbol of the historic Jung-gu / Jongno-gu CBD, or build a MICE complex, because there is a market for this in Korea. Of course, with the height restrictions in this area (which were sadly reinforced since Mayor Park took office), a skyscraper project has no chance to see the light of day, so that's another idea out. And anyway, I think we all know that if mayor Park had opted for one such project instead of 7017, he would have been criticized just as much, because all come with their question points.

Now, on to the project itself. As you might know, I'm cautiously optimistic. For starters, I disagree with the "there's just not enough in this area to justify such a project" argument. It's a great location. Seoul Station is the country's transportation hub, and there's also Sungnyemun (Namdaemun), Namdaemun market, and Namsan in the vicinity, so there is indeed a lot to see. The West side is a bit empty touristically speaking, but still, it's far from the center of nowhere. Especially when you consider where some of the city's landmarks are located : National Museum of Korea, 63 building, Lotte World... These places are pretty hollow apart from these landmarks, but they still draw in many people.

Of course, if the project is shitty, the location won't help much. As you stated, the project will only be successful if it's easy for people to access from street level. There are currently 4 ways in/out of the overpass right now (3 on the West, 1 on the East). The project includes 17 access points for pedestrians (including the existing ones used by cars). Including some directly into the Seoul Station Mall, and some office buildings along Toaegye street. Also, the project includes some kind of park on top of Seoul Station, i think this is great (if that's indeed the case), because rather than being a corridor, it would allow people to just go to this small park and go back, rather than awkwardly turning around halfway through. I'm not a crowd psychology or fluid dynamics expert, but having this halfway point is very important. Last but not least, is the view from there. I've been on the bridge more than a couple of times by car, and the view is stunning whether you look North or East, or right below you as you can watch trains go by. The South view also offers a good sight of the old Seoul station. It's truly a great place for city enthusiasts like us.

Now, I have my reservations about a couple of things :
- I'm skeptical about the renders, as to what the park infrastructure will actually be like.
- The 17 access points that are touted about, will they really be convenient, or will they require going inside a small building, a dark alley, or waiting 5 minutes at a pedestrian crossing before accessing the overpass park.
- I hate the PR stunt about this project, being advertised anywhere, as Park Won-Soon's major accomplishment, while in fact it's neither as ambitious, daring or influencial as similar projects that were also described as "pet projects" by previous administration. So I perfectly understand why opposition politicians are up in arms against this propaganda-like promotion campaign for the project.
Old December 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM   #29
inno4321

Namdaemun vendor opposite this project and request citizens vote for whether this project go or stop

Opposite protest vendor rush into overpass with slogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post

According to the NAVER PORTAL's most comment 95% internet users Agreed with aquaticko's opinions.
Naver is No1 searching engine in skorea Let's read korean user's opinionsabout this Irrational comedy project.
Below area comment order follow thumbs up rate

hjle****4시간 전신고
고가가 낡아서 위험하면, 다시짓기+교통정책으로 완화보완해야지.. 차도가 있어야할곳에 공원이라고 만들면 많은사람들 스트레스와 원망만 높인다.. 대선 벌써부터 욕심내지마라..
답글(22)공감/비공감공감1434비공감221
Overpass dangerous then it must demolish and restore/prepare traffic solution. people more complain about this overpass park. Seoul mayor Don't greedy election president of korea
thumb up 1434 thumb down221

yoon****4시간 전신고
고가도로 공원화 사업 명백히 반대합니다. 시민들의 의견도 좀 귀담아들어주시죠?
답글(43)공감/비공감공감1444비공감228
I totally opposite this overpass project. Seoul mayor please listen citizens's opinions
thumb up 1444 thumb down228

vinr****4시간 전
신고
정상적인 시장은 서울시 자체 안전진단으로 D등급이 나오자 즉시 버스와 트럭 등 중대형 차량 통행 금지시키고 2012년부터 고가 철거와 함께 대체 도로와 데크 광장 등을 건설해 도심을 활성화할 계획을 만들었는데.. http://me2.do/GEBbwD78 하필 철거 직전 해에 시장이 바뀌면서 그 시장은 이 위험한 고가도로를 철거하지 않고 4년이나 더 방치하다가 대체 도로도 만들어 놓지도 않고 당장 폐쇄해서는 그걸 공중정원으로 만든단다. 시장이 누구냐가 이렇게 큰 차이를 가져온다.
답글(103)공감/비공감공감1365비공감229
When rational mayor(former mayor Mr oh sae hun) confirm demolish this dangerous overpass and to built substitute Road and Deck sky park for the purpose Revive around Seoul station of CBD. http://me2.do/GEBbwD78
But suddenly seoul mayor changed to another one, that now mayor(park won sung e), changed mind and plan neglecting this dangerous overpass since last 4 years more, Now suddenly to built overpass park? without substitute road?
This is proved that who is seoul mayor is very important for citizens!
thumb up 1365 thumb down229

hill****4시간 전신고
니가하면 불통 내가하면 아이서울유
답글(4)공감/비공감공감813비공감72
If you did it 불통(didn't pay attention citizens's voice) If I did is I.SEOUL.U(satire parody of new seoul brand i.seoul,u)
thumb up 813 thumb down72

prin****4시간 전신고
인간적으로 그 자리에 공원 만드는 이유가 뭡니까? 도서관이라도 더 만드세여 서울역 부근 있는 도서관 완전 박물관 수준이라고 기사 뜬거 봤는데요 ㅡ
답글(8)공감/비공감공감921비공감112
Why seoul mayor stubborn to built overpass park on there? Rather to built Library in seoul station. did't you hear that library too old to using?
thumb up 921 thumb down112

sik3****4시간 전신고
지금 서대문 고가 없앤 것때문에 정체가 얼마나 혼잡한데.... 전문가들과 경찰청장도 그렇게 반대한 것을 박원순이가 땡깡부려 기어코 기어코 진행을 하는구먼.... ㅠㅠ 진짜 복잡해서.... 이건 아니다 진짜....
답글(17)공감/비공감공감349비공감46
Inthesedays traffic jam terrible due to demolish sudaemun overpass.,,,Experts and even President of Police department opposite Seoul Station 7017 Project.
But Park won sung e stubborn to built park on there. So crowed this is real crazy.
thumb up 349 thumb down46

par6****4시간 전신고
원숭이 찍은 놈,년들 반성좀 해라
답글(2)공감/비공감공감278비공감24
You 놈,년들(this is abusive words) must regret who voted for won sung e mayor
thumb up 278 thumb down24

isl1****4시간 전신고
대선후보를 꿈꾸는 건 얼마든지 봐주겠다. 그러나 업적이 없다고 말도 안 되는 고집으로 시민을 불편에 빠트린 그 책임은 좌시되지 않을 것이다
답글(0)공감/비공감공감253비공감16
I don't care whether he(mayor) greedy to election president of skorea or not. But I will not stand his stubborn to built park on there and suffer citizens's inconvenient for the sake of he make up for he had no achievement so far at all!
thumb up 253 thumb down16

mw_0****4시간 전신고
박원순 업적1.아이서울유(나는 너를 서울한다.)2.서울역 고가 폐쇄
답글(2)공감/비공감공감233비공감13
Seoul mayor park won sung e's achievement so far1. I.SEOUL.U 2. closed seoul overpass
thumb up 233 thumb down13

This is one of comment among 700 comment
BTW Today end up closed overpass. And seoul mayor presentation on there and try to go to Namdaemun martet but vendor&citizens protest so he can't go there and back

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 13th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #30
aquaticko

Ultimately I don't think it should be a matter of public opinion of the project because, as kimahrikku said, there was a lot of initial popular opposition to one of Seoul's most famous and successful urban regeneration projects. Popular opinion about something is no guaranteed indicator of that thing's value.

I just tend to think that all of the nearby attractions are accessed by other means easily enough that I don't think this project adds anything in that respect. I don't doubt it'd have fantastic views; I just doubt that'll be enough to attract the volume of traffic that should be necessary to justify this project.

I'd far rather have it sit decrepit and unused for a couple more years, awaiting a far bolder project, than invest resources in a public space with questionable utility.
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #31
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

Namdaemun vendor opposite this project and request citizens vote for whether this project go or stop

Opposite protest vendor rush into overpass with slogan

According to the NAVER PORTAL's most comment 95% internet users Agreed with aquaticko's opinions.
Naver is No1 searching engine in skorea Let's read korean user's opinionsabout this Irrational comedy project.
Below area comment order follow thumbs up rate

hjle****4시간 전신고
고가가 낡아서 위험하면, 다시짓기+교통정책으로 완화보완해야지.. 차도가 있어야할곳에 공원이라고 만들면 많은사람들 스트레스와 원망만 높인다.. 대선 벌써부터 욕심내지마라..
답글(22)공감/비공감공감1434비공감221
Overpass dangerous then it must demolish and restore/prepare traffic solution. people more complain about this overpass park. Seoul mayor Don't greedy election president of korea
thumb up 1434 thumb down221

yoon****4시간 전신고
고가도로 공원화 사업 명백히 반대합니다. 시민들의 의견도 좀 귀담아들어주시죠?
답글(43)공감/비공감공감1444비공감228
I totally opposite this overpass project. Seoul mayor please listen citizens's opinions
thumb up 1444 thumb down228

vinr****4시간 전
신고
정상적인 시장은 서울시 자체 안전진단으로 D등급이 나오자 즉시 버스와 트럭 등 중대형 차량 통행 금지시키고 2012년부터 고가 철거와 함께 대체 도로와 데크 광장 등을 건설해 도심을 활성화할 계획을 만들었는데.. http://me2.do/GEBbwD78 하필 철거 직전 해에 시장이 바뀌면서 그 시장은 이 위험한 고가도로를 철거하지 않고 4년이나 더 방치하다가 대체 도로도 만들어 놓지도 않고 당장 폐쇄해서는 그걸 공중정원으로 만든단다. 시장이 누구냐가 이렇게 큰 차이를 가져온다.
답글(103)공감/비공감공감1365비공감229
When rational mayor(former mayor Mr oh sae hun) confirm demolish this dangerous overpass and to built substitute Road and Deck sky park for the purpose Revive around Seoul station of CBD. http://me2.do/GEBbwD78
But suddenly seoul mayor changed to another one, that now mayor(park won sung e), changed mind and plan neglecting this dangerous overpass since last 4 years more, Now suddenly to built overpass park? without substitute road?
This is proved that who is seoul mayor is very important for citizens!
thumb up 1365 thumb down229

hill****4시간 전신고
니가하면 불통 내가하면 아이서울유
답글(4)공감/비공감공감813비공감72
If you did it 불통(didn't pay attention citizens's voice) If I did is I.SEOUL.U(satire parody of new seoul brand i.seoul,u)
thumb up 813 thumb down72

prin****4시간 전신고
인간적으로 그 자리에 공원 만드는 이유가 뭡니까? 도서관이라도 더 만드세여 서울역 부근 있는 도서관 완전 박물관 수준이라고 기사 뜬거 봤는데요 ㅡ
답글(8)공감/비공감공감921비공감112
Why seoul mayor stubborn to built overpass park on there? Rather to built Library in seoul station. did't you hear that library too old to using?
thumb up 921 thumb down112

sik3****4시간 전신고
지금 서대문 고가 없앤 것때문에 정체가 얼마나 혼잡한데.... 전문가들과 경찰청장도 그렇게 반대한 것을 박원순이가 땡깡부려 기어코 기어코 진행을 하는구먼.... ㅠㅠ 진짜 복잡해서.... 이건 아니다 진짜....
답글(17)공감/비공감공감349비공감46
Inthesedays traffic jam terrible due to demolish sudaemun overpass.,,,Experts and even President of Police department opposite Seoul Station 7017 Project.
But Park won sung e stubborn to built park on there. So crowed this is real crazy.
thumb up 349 thumb down46

par6****4시간 전신고
원숭이 찍은 놈,년들 반성좀 해라
답글(2)공감/비공감공감278비공감24
You 놈,년들(this is abusive words) must regret who voted for won sung e mayor
thumb up 278 thumb down24

isl1****4시간 전신고
대선후보를 꿈꾸는 건 얼마든지 봐주겠다. 그러나 업적이 없다고 말도 안 되는 고집으로 시민을 불편에 빠트린 그 책임은 좌시되지 않을 것이다
답글(0)공감/비공감공감253비공감16
I don't care whether he(mayor) greedy to election president of skorea or not. But I will not stand his stubborn to built park on there and suffer citizens's inconvenient for the sake of he make up for he had no achievement so far at all!
thumb up 253 thumb down16

mw_0****4시간 전신고
박원순 업적1.아이서울유(나는 너를 서울한다.)2.서울역 고가 폐쇄
답글(2)공감/비공감공감233비공감13
Seoul mayor park won sung e's achievement so far1. I.SEOUL.U 2. closed seoul overpass
thumb up 233 thumb down13

This is one of comment among 700 comment
BTW Today end up closed overpass. And seoul mayor presentation on there and try to go to Namdaemun martet but vendor&citizens protest so he can't go there and back
common korean think..and know
every political news have that kind of replies from korean CIA or anti mayor park community...
because we saw what they did same thing during president election...

Last edited by cestlavie24; December 14th, 2015 at 01:06 AM.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 01:21 AM   #32
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
common korean think..and know
every political news have that kind of replies from korean CIA or anti mayor park community...
because we saw what they did same thing during president election...
OK respect your opinions. Cause I know there are still many people who think 9/11 NYC is Bush's conspiracy.
May I question something
What is your opinions about seoul mayor son's scandal(who stay in LONDON)?
Are you think mayor&his son innocent?
As you know his son received Judge's order to attendance as witness in court at 22 December 2015
(this is second order since last 20 November). Judge is Korea CIA?

Last edited by inno4321; December 14th, 2015 at 01:43 AM.
Old December 14th, 2015, 04:49 AM   #33
kimahrikku1

Well, first of all I'm gonna stay away from the spiteful comments made by a certain user, because I like to report on facts, rather than Naver comment board posts, medical allegations and 9/11 conspiracy theories...

Now on to what actual matters, news : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...20151214101800

Today morning was the first day of heavy traffic in the area at rush hour. To go across the railways, people have to go and make a detour to cross along other major Streets South or North of Seoul Station. The City had estimated and announced that it would take 7 extra minutes to cross the station without the Seoul Station overpass. However, according to this morning's traffic reports, the average extra time was... 22 minutes, so 3 times more than what was planned by the city.

Some adjustments will probably ease up the situation a bit in the future, and so will the drivers' behavior, planning their trip differently in the future. So I don't think this will be as bad as 22 minutes in the future. We also know that the Korean media likes to overblows this out of proportion (as was the case with the extension of subway line 9 in March, where the line congestion slightly eased overtime. It's still overcrowded, but not as much as the media made it up to be).

But still, if figures stay North of 12-15 minutes, expect this to be a major blow to the Park administration and to the project. Critics will have a field day. Of course, we'll know Mayor Park's line of defense, that the bridge was crumbling anyway and that it would have been closed down with or without the park project as it was to unsafe for traffic. Nonetheless, skeptics will be there to point out that the bridge could have been improved/rebuilt or replaced by a tunnel. It's only been 3 hours or so since the congestion happened, but such news will certainly have an impact on the rest of the project.

I'll keep you informed as things move forward.
Old December 14th, 2015, 07:13 AM   #34
inno4321

Well one some supporter of monkey. I asking official to lotte company who built 555m
And asking to Omitted that kid name on the BEAM 123FL Of lotte world tower's which is going to installation TOPPED OUT at 22 December.
But some wonderful member ID/name write on there by my demand to lotte.. wait.
What beam? please visiting Lotte tower thread

Last edited by inno4321; December 14th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old December 14th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #35
inno4321

러나 공원화 이후에도 유지 관리에 상당한 어려움이 예상된다. 고가 위에 나무를 심으면 시간이 갈수록 하중이 심해져 구조물 안전에 악영향을 끼칠 수 있기 때문이다. 이에 대해 마스 씨는 1일 열린 시민위원회에서 “화분에 식물을 심고 식물이 자라면 다른 곳에 옮겨 심는 형태로 하중 문제를 해결하겠다”고 답했다. 땅이 아닌 화분에 나무를 심고 일정 기간이 지나면 통째로 옮기겠다는 것. 사실상 자연스러운 도심 공원이 아닌 ‘거대한 화분’이 생기는 셈이다. 서울시 관계자는 “안전을 최우선으로 고려해 최종 설계를 진행하겠다”고 밝혔다.
http://news.donga.com/3/all/20150713/72434133/1

Below citizens public presentation about this project

1.60% base panel damaged in overpass
2.This overpass get Safety check D grade whichmeans It dangerous immediately to collapse
3.Overpass Demolish cost about $240 thousand USD But when make a park about $ 34 millions USD need . 13.3 times much expensive.
4. "It is very dangerous overpass D grade. Put on some soil&tree&people on there then weight increased. How can you solved this risk(problem)" question by seoulite citizens
"We will not plant tree directly on overpass but make huge pot!. So as tree grows up/taller so heavier then in everytimes we will moved them to another aground place in seoul" say mass who selected winning architecture this project
not park but artificial huge POT I'm gonna help work as volunteer when those tree grow up and move to other place before it collapse maybe as far as I live in seoul amazing!

Last edited by inno4321; December 14th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old December 25th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #36
kimahrikku1

Updates :

After 2 weeks, traffic has improved significantly. It's not yet back to normal (and probably never will), but it's not the mayhem it was anymore. Travel times have improved, the city has increased subway and bus service in the area, and they think that they'll plan some additional markings or traffic lights to smooth things over. Also, people changing their habits after a few days and taking alternative routes rather than head straight in probably helped things as well. So it seems that things should be okay from that point of view, without huge traffic jams.

The city also opened up the bridge to pedestrians for Christmas day (from noon to 3pm), the same way they did a couple of months ago with ballons and painting on the floor. I actually went there and got to see it for myself. I must say there were quite a lot of people on that bridge today. Of course that might be the "special event" factor and the fact that it's a national holiday doesn't hurt either, but still, I think that was a nice turnout, from what I could see. If the park turns out okay and is more convenient than today (it was only possible to access it from two ends, while the completed park should have 17 access points), I think it might be a successful project.

http://news1.kr/articles/?2523819

Also, work on the bridge is scheduled to begin as early as tomorrow and the overpass will be closed definitely until 2017. So they're certainly moving fast. Translation : it's politically motivated so that Mayor Park has something to show for him if he plans for mayoral reelection in 2018... or if he makes a run for the presidency in the 2017 campaign (which is possible if not likely).

Here are the photos I took today. The quality is terrible, as is usually the case with my smartphone pictures. Sorry about that.

Untitled by kimahrikku1, on Flickr

(appreciate the lousiness of the panorama picture with the guy seemingly cut in 10 pieces on the right side)

Last edited by kimahrikku1; June 30th, 2016 at 04:49 AM.
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:11 AM   #37
kimahrikku1

Update on the project and masterplan

As I mentioned, the bridge was closed in early October, and some demolition work was done in late December.

The city has announced today that the actual construction will start in March, revealing new renders as well as technical information

On the technical side, the bridge will be reinforce, supporting a weight of 21 tons instead of 13 tons. 519 meters of pavements are being removed, 264 piŤces of concrete-metal thingy (don't really know what it is) is being replaced by improved materials

There will be 17 access points to the overpass, including 6 elevators, 1 elevators, 3 staircases, 2 bridges (and I guess the rest will be ramps)

There will be 2 main gardens/plazas non the bridge, as well as 14 smaller ones.
Also included are 2 sets of restrooms, 20 "convenience facilities" (might be small shops, vending machines, information desks, don't know yet), 4 observation balconies, 3 places with glass floors so you can see below (like some skyscrapers'observation desks), 135 benches/flower pots (they will serve double purpose), and 26 CCTV cameras. A small Manri-dong Park will also be built just West of the overpass (with access to the overpass from the Manri-dong park).

This one is the Manri-dong park

http://cafe.daum.net/skyscrapers
Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:20 PM   #38
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

thanks for the update!

there is a bit too much concrete for my taste. I'm not a fan of those big flower pots...it looks like all the plants are trapped in concrete, isolated from all surroundings.
But from an architectural and practical point of view the pots make perfect sense.

Also its a bit disappointing to see that the top of lotte mall won't be a park, like it was shown in previous designs:

anyway, I am still looking forward to the final results!
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:21 PM   #39
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
thanks for the update!

there is a bit too much concrete for my taste. I'm not a fan of those big flower pots...it looks like all the plants are trapped in concrete, isolated from all surroundings.
But from an architectural and practical point of view the pots make perfect sense.

Also its a bit disappointing to see that the top of lotte mall won't be a park, like it was shown in previous designs:

anyway, I am still looking forward to the final results!
I agree with both points. I wanted to mention it but it slipped out of my mind when writing the post.
- By the look of it, just having these flower pots-like things is underwhelming. But they seem to have planned out the rest (convenience facilities, elevators, escalators, glass floors,...) fairly well, so I don't think the park will turn out to be just these flower pots. I hope the renders skipped out on details and that the overpass will be greener that what we see on the pictures. I think it will be to a degree, but I think we'll have to wait until 2017 to know for sure.
- The lack of a park on top of the station/mall is a bigger issue for me. It really changed the flow for people and probably would have allowed them to go from the train station to somewhere else directly through the park. Now, it looks like for people in the station, they'll have to go through the plaza to get onto the bridge. There might be technical reasons for that. I suspect the top of the mall has stuff like A/C or electrical units, cooling systems or pipes or whatever. If that's the case, that could explain the backtracking on this part of the project.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:56 PM   #40
aquaticko

I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see that entire structure redone at some point in the future. Having a dated mall with its associated parking garage next to one of the most important rail stations in the country--especially one with a park nearby waiting to have its presence utilized by everything around it--seems like an opportunity for future development.

Makes me wonder: who owns Seoul Station? Is it Korail, the city, or a property of the national government?