daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 21st, 2016, 07:00 PM   #61
Alexsal

Likes (Received): 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Because it is simply not the right time for Iraq to build this project. They have other serious civil issues they should take care of first before they make these utopian plans.
Its hilarious how all the posts from Dubai residents are literally super defensive and bitchy in tone!! Come on. Why so jumpy even if its all a pipe dream? Was it Basra that supported Saddam and then the Americans? Some other tactless big mouth even went on about the war torn city as if that was a feather in their cap too! Give it a rest you only embarrass yourselves.

Anyway it's Basra and Iraq's decision. Comment if you can be civil and polite, otherwise keep it to yourselves.

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:07 PM   #62
Alexsal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
Why would anyone invest on this... And there ? During a civil unrest ?
You can say that about the southen Gulf region too you know! Some nutter prince is bomb bomb bombing away the whole future of the Gulf countries and you are busy gloating over the problems in Basra!! Who is the real fool here I wonder.
Alexsal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:12 PM   #63
Alexsal

It's a really cool design. Love the shape. Here is hoping it will become a reality.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Alexsal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 09:11 AM   #64
Arkterra

Likes (Received): 86

Pretty cool design, but as with all skyscrapers its still way to much non usable space. This race for the "tallest building" should be without counting those super tall antenas and non usable space. Those 188m represent about 16% of the total height.

lucas_94 liked this post
Arkterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #65
tikas

Likes (Received): 73

esta cool

lucas_94 liked this post
tikas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #66
dbhaskar

Likes (Received): 110

Are the american overlords going to guarantee its security? Maybe they can build a shiny new military base inside the tower...
Old July 1st, 2016, 07:14 PM   #67
Victorinox /SI/

Likes (Received): 131

nice one
Victorinox /SI/ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #68
Rasbeek

Likes (Received): 2756

Likе a "Project Utopia" from CoD: AW

Last edited by Rasbeek; July 11th, 2016 at 12:27 PM.
Rasbeek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 01:50 AM   #69
DiegoAV

Likes (Received): 298

nice
DiegoAV está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 05:08 PM   #70
Robin Wong
Jadilah yang Terbaik

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsuit View Post

very amazing design

Sasha 74 liked this post
Robin Wong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 06:14 AM   #71
built_in_me
bricks

Location: Penang-Shah Alam-Subang Jaya-Penang-USJ & Kota D'sara-Kampar-Petaling Jaya-J.Bahru+S'pore+Thailand
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Not the right place/country for the tallest building in the world, but it is not gonna happen anyway.
what absurd statement is this,
is there a law stating that tall buildings must be built in certain places only....
built_in_me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #72
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28988

Quote:
Originally Posted by built_in_me View Post
what absurd statement is this,

is there a law stating that tall buildings must be built in certain places only....

Well there is no laws but there is ISIS, the lack of a country with geographical borders, lack of safety ... Shall I go on?
Old August 20th, 2016, 09:50 AM   #73
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4538

So who supposed to finance this supertall in one of the most dangerous countries on earth with civil war going on atm and acts of terrorism on regular basis

It sounds either like a PR move from the local authorities or some sort of corruption.

goschio liked this post
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 12:50 PM   #74
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Well there is no laws but there is ISIS, the lack of a country with geographical borders, lack of safety ... Shall I go on?
Wow! Going by your argument almost all of Middle East should not plan for any development....
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #75
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzman View Post
Wow! Going by your argument almost all of Middle East should not plan for any development....
What middle east! It is only Syria and Iraq or what left of them for that matter. Please spare me a meaningless discussion where you think a 1000m tower should be a priority when it comes to development in a stateless land! When the new borders of the new state divisions are drawn then you can start talking about vanity projects like this one.
Old August 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM   #76
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 515

Just maybe, this is something that can rally the people over there that there is something tangible to look forward too. Something that can take their minds of war and violent sectarianism and to work together for mutual benefits.

When I say Middle East, not one country in that region is truly stable without any threats of war looming. Palestine, Israel, Kurds, Turkey, Yemen, Saudi, Kuwait and even the Gulf region are not guaranteed from these threats.

Dubai had the vision to create something out of nothing, and look at the prosperity it has brought today! Imagine if Dubai was still the backwater it was 30 odd years ago. Don't you think that it would have been a fertile ground for unrests like we are seeing now elsewhere in the region?

Instead of being smug, I think for the sake of peace and stability in the whole region, you could have at least be more supportive of the idea and come up with a more constructive criticism rather than bashing some ideas that may or may not even materialise. Take it in good spirit of regional brotherhood to foster goodwill amongst yourselves. Maybe that would be a start to a more peaceful and stable future for all out there. Maybe the rest of the world can follow suit and breathe a sigh of relief.

Marty Crabneck liked this post
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #77
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Just maybe, this is something that can rally the people over there that there is something tangible to look forward too. Something that can take their minds of war and violent sectarianism and to work together for mutual benefits.

When I say Middle East, not one country in that region is truly stable without any threats of war looming. Palestine, Israel, Kurds, Turkey, Yemen, Saudi, Kuwait and even the Gulf region are not guaranteed from these threats.

Dubai had the vision to create something out of nothing, and look at the prosperity it has brought today! Imagine if Dubai was still the backwater it was 30 odd years ago. Don't you think that it would have been a fertile ground for unrests like we are seeing now elsewhere in the region?

Instead of being smug, I think for the sake of peace and stability in the whole region, you could have at least be more supportive of the idea and come up with a more constructive criticism rather than bashing some ideas that may or may not even materialise. Take it in good spirit of regional brotherhood to foster goodwill amongst yourselves. Maybe that would be a start to a more peaceful and stable future for all out there. Maybe the rest of the world can follow suit and breathe a sigh of relief.
As much as I love what you said and hope for, the truth remains it isn't in Iraq's hands or Syria's there is big international players out there. In summary it is what planned for the region and its happening before our eyes, I am not being smug I am being realistic.

You think I hate seeing the middle east stable? of course not, I want that more than anything but it won't happen. Leaders in the middle east are cowards and useless, except for the UAE and I say it all the time loud and clear, they love their land and their people and its showing in how much it did progress, especially Dubai, while ALL other countries are dominated by useless lazy money humping losers, all of them.
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #78
Sukino

Likes (Received): 1579

Quote:
Israel seems to be doing fine.
Old August 20th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #79
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 818

Dubai's vertical city 2400m is more likely to happen than this
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2016, 10:14 AM   #80
Abhiccc1
India will Shine

Likes (Received): 24

They are unable to preserve what's already built and they are dreaming this...just doesn't makes any sense!
Abhiccc1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall