SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[COMPLETED] D11 | Park Infinia at Wee Nam (30 x4 floors)

85K views 430 replies 66 participants last post by  novice 
#1 ·
Some information concerning the upcoming Pinnacles@Wee Nam.

Nov 2003

Keppel Land acquires Newton site

Keppel Land Limited (KLL) has, through its wholly owned subsidiary Keppel Land Realty Pte Ltd, entered into a conditional sale and purchase agreement to purchase a 7,056 sq m freehold site at Keng Lee Road, off Newton Road for $88.21 million. This site is adjoining the current Pinnacles @ Wee Nam project.

This acquisition is subject to successful alienation of an adjoining 1,477.5 sq m of state land. After taking into account an estimated cost of $7.4 million, for the development charge for the site and land premium for the state land, the acquisition price for the entire 8,533.5 sq m site works out to about $372 psf per plot ratio.

The site will enjoy a plot ratio of 2.8 for residential use and can be redeveloped up to a height of 36 storeys.

Currently, Pinnacles @ Wee Nam is located on a 13,220.6 sq m land plot, which will now increase to 21,754.1 sq m after the acquisition. This makes the development one of the largest in the Newton area, with the current 280 units being expanded to a total of about 480 units in a more spacious environment. The amalgamated development is slated for launch by second quarter 2004.

Mr Kevin Wong, KLL’s Managing Director said, “The acquisition of this adjoining site is timely in view of the anticipated improved economic growth and market recovery. The amalgamated site will enable us to achieve greater efficiency and economies of scale, thereby allowing us to achieve better returns.

“A larger plot will also allow us to have a better design with a more integrated development equipped with a wider range of comprehensive recreational facilities. This acquisition will also enable us to design the buildings to have better orientation, giving residents panoramic views of the city’s landscape and greenery.”

The above transaction is not expected to have any significant impact on the net tangible asset per share or earnings per share of KLL for the year ending 31 December

The Pinnacles @ Wee Nam is a freehold full-facility condominium situated in the established residential Newton area, and located just minutes from the Newton MRT and Orchard Road.

It also enjoys easy access to good schools like Anglo Chinese (Barker Road) and Anglo Chinese Junior Schools, as well as shopping and recreation amenities at Novena and United Square.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am excited about it cos its glassy and tall. It will also make Newton look denser. However I cant find more info on it. There are some old houses on the plot and those have to be demolished first. I dont know if they are gonna launch it this year though -_-.

I think they should retain the name as Wee Nam is a very old road :yes:

#6 ·
heirloom said:
no info board arh? can estimate about how much per squre foot it would be?

who is wee nam? will it have a good view? and if yes, view of what?
Not yet. However next to it there is a plot of land boarded up by Far East Organization for a project called "Miro" or something like that but also no rendering on that as they havent decided on the final design/height....

The location of this will be practically very near the Lincoln Modern so it should have similar views. Wee Nam is a very old road parallel to Lincoln Rd. I dunno bout Wee Nam himself....

#9 ·
walked past the site today. The project is renamed Park Infinia @ Wee Nam.

Keppel Land recently acquired more land on the site so with this extra space, theyre redesigning the project. The showroom was u/c today and the launch is at the very end of this year or maybe next year. Couldnt get info on the new design yet hope it will still be tall, blue and glassy.

#23 ·
Wah...literally a glass wall...how many floors each?

#24 ·
RafflesCity said:
I find it so amusing how these signboards are always portraying new condos as standing amongst neverending forests.

It seems like the novena newton area is becoming over-run with condos. Has anyone tried calculating the condo:eek:ther-high-rise density ratio?

#26 ·
Hahaha...true true. Btw I just realised my question is answered in the thread title. Darn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.