daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #2201
Dandoon
Emarati

Likes (Received): 13

Waaaw ������
Dandoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:39 AM   #2202
Mohammad-Almarri

Likes (Received): 880

The Tower will be rising soon, retail district piling commenced 2 weeks ago, The island district is a construction jungle, such an amazing sight.

SiriusCane, Daniel2011 liked this post
Mohammad-Almarri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 05:00 AM   #2203
Ryer

Likes (Received): 41

I think I may have the unpopular opinion regarding this, but oh well.

I like what Emaar is doing keeping a lot of the designs in a similar style. What they have shown so far looks amazing, despite many designs being preliminary. Any design that is different (ex. The Address towers, and the main tower ofc) sticks out far more. So long as the cladding and overall execution looks great, this district will be one of the best looking in the city.

Daniel2011 liked this post
Ryer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 11:03 AM   #2204
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29153

I think it is a great time to remember DubaiM post about this project and its resemblance to downtown .. The island itself would be fully completed alongside the tower and it looks like they are starting on the retail part of the masterplan but this time it is all upsized and supersized to fill Dubai's ambitions we live in a truly remarkable astonishing era ... thank you Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance between Downtown Dubai in 2005 and Dubai Creek Harbour? It seems like everything is planned very similarly!
For me it's a clear sign that the Dubai Creek Harbour project is not another pipe dream, but really happening - just like Downtown Dubai! We should all appreciate the exciting times which lie ahead! Dubai has never seen such a big project before and has never built a new tallest tower since the Burj Khalifa, but now the time has finally come

Here are two pictures to show what I mean:

Downtown Dubai in 2005:

Dubai Creek Harbour 2017:

As you can see, both districts were at the exact same construction stage with residential towers well u/c, a sales centre and the landmark tower's finished foundation
So maybe, Dubai Creek Harbour in 2018 is going to look close to Downtown in 2007 in terms of construction progress? That would be absolutely awesome What do you guys think about this?

Downtown 2007:
Old July 20th, 2017, 11:22 AM   #2205
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

It's hard to believe only 10 years has passed for what is Dubai Downtown now. However, I perceive like almost half of the projects were canceled due to the 2008 real estate bubble collapse.

AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #2206
Scion

Likes (Received): 4278

In an ironic way, the 2008 crisis did more good than harm to downtown. I remember some of the masterplans and models back then, there were only 3 "tall" towers in the whole of downtown: BK, Address Downtown and Burj Vista. Everything else was shorter than Burj Residences, closer to Stand Point in height. It was so lucky to have the crisis cancel all these short towers, and have them replace by what they are currently building. I can't imagine how bare downtown would look if Fountain Views, Blvd Point, Vida, Opera Grand, Il Primo, Address Opera, Forte and Address Blvd were all <120m.
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM   #2207
Sector 7

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burj Khalifa fan View Post
The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbor is just a DESCRIPTION. Till this moment officially it is UNNAMED!
You are right, but even so, Dubai Creek Tower is a better description/ temporary name than The Tower At Dubai Creek Harbor. I wonder what name is good for this gorgeous tower. The Rocket Tower? That sounds good. The Tower looks a little like a rocket, albeit it with cables and narrow at the bottom. Or could it be Dubai Super Tower? That sounds a bit better. Ultra Tower Dubai? Sounds great too. The Pinnacle of the World Tower? Good too. Maybe just The Pinnacle of the World is better still. But whatever name it turns out to be, I still can't wait to see it completed!

Sector 7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #2208
Emarati2009

Likes (Received): 3477

Emaar
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:56 PM   #2209
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6826

Hmm i just wonder how long it will take to fill up all the empty plots in downtown...
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #2210
Gabriel900
Super Mod

in 5 years maximum Downtown should be completed
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #2211
GeoDude
GeoDude

Likes (Received): 206

What an impressive development.

What I will be hoping to see is an improvement to road infrastructure design. From my experience in Dubai, sometimes the roads, interchanges, etc, don't make any sense.

Example, this one time I was in the marina and just to get to the building across the street you had to drive an extra 2 km through some convoluted roads. It wasn't even possible to walk.

I hope that the Harbour developers recognize some of the pitfalls from earlier projects and makes travel easier and more intuitive for all modes of transport. I'd love it if it were more pedestrian friendly but obviously with the heat of the desert I can understand this may not be the most practical.

@Chaserino
Architecture & Travel

USA - Canada - Mexico - Costa Rica - Brazil - Peru - Australia - New Zealand - China - England - France - Netherlands - Spain - Italy - Germany - Monaco - Vatican City - Czech Republic - Hungary - Turkey - Denmark - Sweden - Morocco - Portugal - Switzerland - Greece - Austria - Liechtenstein - Cyprus - Croatia - Belgium - Slovakia - United Arab Emirates - Poland - Ukraine - Romania - Ireland - Malta - Vietnam - Myanmar - Japan - India - Slovenia - South Africa - Zimbabwe - Zambia - Botswana - Israel
GeoDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 12:35 AM   #2212
Frunz88

Likes (Received): 1

In two weeks, i am once again in dubai. I would like to visit the dubai creek harbour sales centre or the place where these models are displayed.
Where can I find this place / building?
Can you recommend me some other places for example to see all the project vom Nakheel or Emaar?

Thanks for your help

Frunz88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:50 AM   #2213
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frunz88 View Post
In two weeks, i am once again in dubai. I would like to visit the dubai creek harbour sales centre or the place where these models are displayed.
Where can I find this place / building?
Can you recommend me some other places for example to see all the project vom Nakheel or Emaar?

Thanks for your help
Let's not talk about this over here ... Check your inbox
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:21 PM   #2214
Lisimah

Likes (Received): 272

I thought over how fast the tower could grow?
I think the main limiting factor - the time of solidification of concrete.
Are there experts who know for what minimum time it is possible to make a level of concrete?
Most likely it will be more than 3 days, maybe 5-7 days per floor.

Then we get ~ 1100 meters tower / 4 meter floor = 275 floors. If the maximum possible speed of 5 days per floor is 1375 days ~ 4 years from the moment of reaching the ground level.

Based on this, the tower can be built at least by 2022 and not 2020.
Lisimah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:44 PM   #2215
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Well you are wrong just because this one has no floors on more than half of its height and we have no idea on the final height which is def higher than 1200m ... there is so many factors in this tower that makes it so much different than Burj Khalifa or any other regular building .. this one of a kind tower is what the world will be watching in the coming 4 years and it can't get any more exciting than this!

Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM   #2216
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

I don't think it is "definitely" higher than 1200m. We have no confirmation at all for how tall this building will be. I think it is safe to assume that they will try to make it taller than Kingdom Tower, but how much taller will be a well kept secret until it is probably already halfway up. While I think and certainly hope that 1200m is reasonable, I think we should not get carried away

Redzio, Sector 7, Daniel2011 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:32 PM   #2217
Gabriel900
Super Mod

well I am not getting carried away anyways the difference between Dubai and other cities is that they never give any hints about their projects ... like this one they never gave any numbers ... but I got my insider info and the number will be jaw dropping
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM   #2218
Lisimah

Likes (Received): 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Well you are wrong just because this one has no floors on more than half of its height and we have no idea on the final height which is def higher than 1200m ... there is so many factors in this tower that makes it so much different than Burj Khalifa or any other regular building .. this one of a kind tower is what the world will be watching in the coming 4 years and it can't get any more exciting than this!

I had in mind the technical floors - even if it's just a column of concrete, it can not be poured at the same time, it will be poured step by step, and these steps I called floors.

Sector 7, Daniel2011 liked this post
Lisimah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:36 PM   #2219
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisimah View Post
I had in mind the technical floors - even if it's just a column of concrete, it can not be poured at the same time, it will be poured step by step, and these steps I called floors.
But there is a difference between building floors and only going up with a core ... in fact its a totally different calculation ... a better method addressing this is by calculating meters per days instead of floors

Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 05:12 PM   #2220
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

3 meters per day (1 floor) is normal if there is a contious slip form.

Tags
dubai creek harbour, hypertall, iconic tower, megatall, the tower, the tower at dubai creek