daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 19th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #2521
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29204

this will be above ground by December so I say there is a rush here and won't wait a month!

Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #2522
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 609

Within 1 day you can walk on the concrete, and you can continue on rebar, formworks, and the crane bases.
No problem at all.

Daniel2011 liked this post
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #2523
isicman

Likes (Received): 570

Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz bharmal View Post
So the BESIX is the main contractor.......!
Only for the raft and foundations

firoz bharmal, SiriusCane liked this post
isicman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 10:27 PM   #2524
GOL2007

Likes (Received): 110

- it says 'pile cap pour' at the beginning of the video => google pile cap, this was not the raft but 'only' a pile cap. The remaining hole might be filled in consecutive pours of concrete because there are caissons all over the place. Where there is a caisson, there's usually going to be very high loads of a tall structure.
- Wondering what's under the red coverings surrounding the hole, maybe the steel for the remaining raft?
- 150,000 tonnes of concrete has to be the tower, this is approx. 60,000 cubic meters of concrete which would be four times the foundation raft of Shanghai Tower => No.
- The video says 840 trucks and each truck carries 8 cubic meter ==> 6,720 cubic meters of concrete which makes much more sense considering the dimensions of the pile cap.

Old September 20th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #2525
fuckencio
El honorable

Likes (Received): 902

unnecesarry and retrograde
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:05 AM   #2526
KuwaitLover

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz bharmal View Post
So the BESIX is the main contractor.......!
Not yet. Main structure contract is still delayed due to substantial differences in opinion over who should take on delivery risk!
KuwaitLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #2527
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

When this (probably large...) contract has not yet been granted, it is doubtful if the core will really start rising within this year.

Because after signing the contract, the contractor will start making his project preparations. Not earlier.
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #2528
Gabriel900
Super Mod

I love how you think you know this project better than Emaar ... Emaar confirmed this will go above ground before year's end .. How will they do it? well lets watch and see .. Emaar knows how to build such a structures and they aren't beginners to have issues with planning and execution .. The construction of this marvel will astonish the world same as it did with Burj Khalifa

Emarati2009, Daniel2011 liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #2529
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
For those of us not versed in the finer points of tall tower construction... could someone please explain how a square, flat, underground podium of concrete contributes to the overall structural stability of this endeavor ??
Sheer weight
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #2530
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
I love how you think you know this project better than Emaar ... Emaar confirmed this will go above ground before year's end .. How will they do it? well lets watch and see .. Emaar knows how to build such a structures and they aren't beginners to have issues with planning and execution .. The construction of this marvel will astonish the world same as it did with Burj Khalifa

Could be that Emaar granted a partial contract to a company to start preparations before signing the main contract.
Personally I do not like this way of contracting, as it can weaken the position of the customer in price negotiations for the main contract. But in certain parts of the world, it is common use....
Old September 20th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #2531
abdonaser

Likes (Received): 1

Beautiful picture, from the wonderful city of Dubai
abdonaser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:16 AM   #2532
robertsieg

Likes (Received): 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
I wonder why The Skyscraper Center still hasn't added this tower to the list of the future tallest buildings in the world? It's well U/C already and is expected to be the tallest structure on earth, I mean, come on
It can't even be found under any other building classification (In case it's not qualified to be a skyscraper by definition)
Skyscraper Center just has an obtuse content update system. I've submitted MANY building updates (height, drawings, status, etc.) of my city, Ningbo. And the mods there rejected many of them without reason. It wouldn't surprise me if people have submitted details of Dubai tower and got it rejected because they are not from an "official source" or something. I guess because we don't have 100% of the details on this tower it doesn't exist to Skyscraper Center.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:46 AM   #2533
fayzoon
Fayez

Likes (Received): 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsieg View Post
Skyscraper Center just has an obtuse content update system. I've submitted MANY building updates (height, drawings, status, etc.) of my city, Ningbo. And the mods there rejected many of them without reason. It wouldn't surprise me if people have submitted details of Dubai tower and got it rejected because they are not from an "official source" or something. I guess because we don't have 100% of the details on this tower it doesn't exist to Skyscraper Center.
Yes, I think this is why, too. Only 100% official news could make the change on Skyscraper Center. They don't believe news not confirmed by Emaar on its own website
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:31 AM   #2534
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsieg View Post
Emaar will never release details before the completion of this tower .. since we have official rounded info of this tower it should be at least added to the site, it is not a random generic building we are talking about, it's one of a kind marvel of this century.

Anyhow added or not this will dominate many sites and news once it started going up! Humanity will be thrown into a frenzy

Qweoiu liked this post
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:48 PM   #2535
Gracie:)

Likes (Received): 2

Nice addition!! Build this

Qweoiu liked this post
Gracie:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM   #2536
victor del rey

Likes (Received): 391

Doesn't it look different to the renders We've seen before???
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:32 PM   #2537
Gabriel900
Super Mod

OH MY GOD .. this has got so fat now ... the bulb is now stretched to almost all of it!! The design keep on changing constantly .. this might become a real building now

Jillestalin, ZZ-II, BinSuroor, Qweoiu, Arzonz and 1 others liked this post
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:35 PM   #2538
victor del rey

Likes (Received): 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
OH MY GOD .. this has got so fat now ... the bulb is now stretched to almost all of it!!
Maybe They just didn't paid much attention to it and the render ended up like this as it was not the main building to show in the video but let's just hope that!
victor del rey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:36 PM   #2539
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Emaar main focus is this tower as a selling point for all their projects .. so I would take into account whatever new renders they put out This works with the 210 floors I got from them lately .. lets wait and see .. it is going to be an exciting couple of years
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:11 PM   #2540
Runninlikehell
Watchin' da Buildings!.

Likes (Received): 897

In that picture looks like a Concorde plane from sideways.

Tags
dubai creek harbour, hypertall, iconic tower, megatall, the tower, the tower at dubai creek