daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 10th, 2016, 04:33 PM   #401
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 818

DUBAI | Iconic Tower | 800m+ | 2625ft+ | ??? fl | Pro

shine bright like a diamond

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:40 PM   #402
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2603

All those placeholders. Here's me betting they'll put something landmark-like on the island, too.

Gabriel900, BinSuroor, KillerZavatar, Ch.W liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #403
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28968

And let's not take any render as reliable to calculate height Our humble experience with Emaar proves that they seriously can't care less about accuracy when they build renders and I am talking about projects already U/C and this is def suffering from the same issue

Arzonz, Ch.W liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #404
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2432

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
All those placeholders. Here's me betting they'll put something landmark-like on the island, too.
I hope so ! I am thinking of investing in buying a 1 bedroom in tower 1 or 2 on that island
Old May 10th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #405
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post

Hopefully something seemlier to this

Gabriel900, Ch.W, GulfArabia, Orion602 liked this post
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #406
Gabriel900
Super Mod

If this tower is truly 1000m+ having these flame towers in the project as well will be perfect and the Opera house that was originally planned for lagoons was awesome as well. Lots of Beautiful Dubai projects were canceled bcz of crisis but some are making a comeback let's hope these towers are as well

On a separate note, I love the idea of lagoons way more than what's now proposed! I really wanna see more waterways involved in this project

KillerZavatar, Orion602 liked this post
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:40 PM   #407
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

I'd love to see them built, just not so near to the iconic tower...

Iconic towers in general needs to stand alone imho

Last edited by GulfArabia; May 11th, 2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typooooooos
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM   #408
Ch.W

Likes (Received): 5178

That were 2 masterpieces in this area. I can imagine to build the Flame Tower will be very difficult in terms of the statics stability. Let's hope the best for them
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:31 AM   #409
CopyLeft
Architect

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.W View Post
That were 2 masterpieces in this area. I can imagine to build the Flame Tower will be very difficult in terms of the statics stability.
Masterpieces? It took me 2 minutes to reproduce this "masterpiece" design in a 3D editor with the most standard primitives and simplest modifiers. I assume such "masterpieces" are always made with the famous spit-and-smear design technique

Aster de Gatîne liked this post
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:53 AM   #410
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyLeft View Post
Masterpieces? It took me 2 minutes to reproduce this "masterpiece" design in a 3D editor with the most standard primitives and simplest modifiers.
Congrats!
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:58 AM   #411
Gabriel900
Super Mod

CopyLeft won't last long with such attitude he will be banned soon

Ch.W, Dubai Skyscraper, Orion602 liked this post
Old May 11th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #412
Ch.W

Quote:
Masterpieces? It took me 2 minutes to reproduce this "masterpiece" design in a 3D editor with the most standard primitives and simplest modifiers. I assume such "masterpieces" are always made with the famous spit-and-smear design technique
Welcome back
I'm not talking about 3D editor software to draw renders, i'm talking about the challanges and problems coming up by actually build these two towers.

BinSuroor, KillerZavatar, DubaiM liked this post
Old May 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #413
mostransit

Likes (Received): 43

Cool
mostransit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #414
CopyLeft
Architect

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
CopyLeft won't last long with such attitude he will be banned soon
Do you want to see how it's done with a few clicks? Sorry, my emotional fellow, no attitudes here. Only clicks. Them alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.W View Post
Welcome back
I'm not talking about 3D editor software to draw renders, i'm talking about the challanges and problems coming up by actually build these two towers.
And something makes you think they've already calculated all of the challenges and problems? Because this design implies only challenges and problems. Same aesthetics can be achieved with a more rational and a lot cheaper (for implementation) design.
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:43 PM   #415
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Do you want to see how it's done with a few clicks? Sorry, my emotional fellow, no attitudes here. Only clicks. Them alone...
Don't you have like other forums to troll or something cz your meaningless posts are just getting sad! I get it life is rough and unfair but instead of just vomiting negativity on us share your opinions in a less provocative way

Ch.W, BinSuroor, robertitoam liked this post

Last edited by Gabriel900; May 11th, 2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old May 11th, 2016, 03:34 PM   #416
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2603

Now let's talk about how easy it is to repeat songs of eternal influential bands and artists such as The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Kraftwerk or The Ramones, literally anyone with a minimum of practice can do that. Anyone can repeat a creative process. It's not the technical aspect that is the challenge of design. To even try to make such a point exhibits such profound ignorance on such a deep level it goes far beyond and below "trolling"...

KillerZavatar, BinSuroor, Orion602 liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #417
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

If Abu Dhabi can build Capital Gate Tower, I can't see too much of an issue in building these flame-styled ones. I looked again and I don't see where a core would need to be off-center for any of the flame towers. Probably similar higher reinforced sections plus outer walls perhaps but of course I can guess.

All I'm thinking in relation to those is that after seeing some of the other unique buildings out there, these don't see undoable at all. More expensive than a box or traditional architecture? Of course! But that's not the point.

Back to Iconic Tower though, nice to see more master plan concepts come about.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #418
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Is there any activity on site at the moment?
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #419
Ch.W

Quote:
And something makes you think they've already calculated all of the challenges and problems? Because this design implies only challenges and problems. Same aesthetics can be achieved with a more rational and a lot cheaper (for implementation) design.
Of course they had. No one comes up with such projects if it's unclear how to build it. Calatrava made the sketch, and a lot of other involved people calculated and tried to find solutions BEFORE they released only one render. Not to think about the other way. We don't know whether his first drafts were different from what we see now. Perhaps he had to change some details.
For me masterpiece doesn't mean necessarily an design that produces problems all over. It's an design that's unique, remarkable, outstanding and for me the main reason: beautiful in my eyes
To solve all obsticles makes it an engeneering masterpiece too.
Very likely they had to choose another, cheaper and plain design like you suggest. But they didn't because they want to show the world: Dubai = everything is possible
Perhaps you change your opinion when it's finished. and if not, there's nothing to argue about, glad that not all people have the same taste.

BinSuroor liked this post
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #420
Dark Matter
I'm Everywhere

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:

Pardon me but I couldn't help but notice your signature. It says and I quote, "Fit-out, interior design, landscaping in Dubai". It appears "Engineering" is missing.

I am not an engineer myself but I at least know who to listen to when discussing engineering... I listen to an engineer... like the firms hired to make these designs for millions/billions of dollars.

It's okay to admit you don't know everything - especially when around people that KNOW that you yourself don't even know what you are talking about. Which I may add is why you keep using vague terminology instead of being precise with your complaints.

We get it. You don't like the designs. Find a stronger base for your argument and maybe then you'll actually have a conversation with someone rather than you just pretty much speaking with yourself.

To keep this topic on topic, I like the design of this tower. If the lighting is as advertised in the videos, it'll be a sight to behold in person on new years.

GulfArabia, BinSuroor liked this post
Dark Matter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai creek harbour, hypertall, iconic tower, megatall, the tower, the tower at dubai creek