daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #1541
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1504

Of course, it can be said that that statement was made without full knowledge of the height of JK. And we don't know how much higher it was implied to be. Finally, while the prince may have inside knowledge, he also has reason to brag. I always try to be skeptical of EVERY source and never take anything blindly.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #1542
lFurqanl
Pro User

Likes (Received): 479

I don't know if anyone has posted these pictures before but ill post them again anyways.

Looks Amazing Can't wait for new pics.

Old February 10th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #1543
goodybear

Likes (Received): 691

Just a question: Is only The Tower meant to be completed by 2020 in time for the Expo, or the whole Dubai Creek Harbor district including the skyscrapers that surround the tower in the model? Also is "The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbor" the final name of this structure or will it be renamed once completed?
goodybear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #1544
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29057

no way Jose! this tower will only be done or topped out in 2020! This is like downtown Dubai will probably stay under construction for years after the completion of the tower

Dubai is aiming for other events though after EXPO 2020 so development won't slow down anytime soon
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #1545
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Please link me to when he himself said that then? bcz you are only believing a baseless rumor started by CNN. I know people in Emaar and they themselves never heard him say it
Is this the day when the Google search service has stopped working? Man, why are you getting so aggressive? I have measured on the latest scale model again, and it confirmed to be 929m. I'm too busy working on amazing things right now, so I can't check all the Alabbar's interviews on all the news sites. But when you google "alabbar 100m taller" - you get 4,660 search results.

Quote:
Emaar said it will be tallest in 2020 when Jeddah tower was still supposed to finish then.
Undoubtedly! Even if it will be only 929m - because JT will not be topped out by then, or perhaps ever. I hate to admit it, but it's becoming more and more probable.

lFurqanl liked this post
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #1546
Gabriel900
Super Mod

He NEVER said it ... if you are busy then no need to say stuff that you can't back up. HE NEVER EVER SAID IT! you are taking dumb media as your back up story (CNN) when HE NEVER SAID IT. CNN basically LIED .. for all fellow dumber media to take this story and spread it like wildfire online. ALL GOES BACK TO A 2 YEARS OLD CNN LIE.

Anyways there is like 20 different models at Emaar right now so good luck with accuracy measuring

This is getting borderline spam ... we need this baseless convo to end please ... unless you have the proof of him saying it

For the last time, to sum up ... FACTS WE KNOW:

- EMAAR REFUSES TO GIVE UP ANY HEIGHT DETAILS ABOUT IT (NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT HEIGHT OR MEASUREMENT AT ALL)

- CNN DOES NOT KNOW THE HEIGHT

- THE RULER SAID IT WILL BE THE TALLEST WORLDWIDE WHEN IT IS DONE

This is very tiring

Edit: I know people in Emaar I asked them and all have the same answer :" we don't know from where did CNN get this weird news, Al Abbar won't give anyone any hint about height and no one basically even know the final height".

PS: I am saying all this in a pleading tone ... ALL CAPS does not mean yelling here.

Last edited by Gabriel900; February 10th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #1547
lFurqanl
Pro User

Stop deleting my posts Gabriel900 I am not here to be rude or anything but speaking the truth, Thanks

Like I said both projects are awesome and it doesn't matter which will be taller as long as both of them are 1000m+
lFurqanl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #1548
Gabriel900
Super Mod

you didn't say that and your definition of rude and the truth are mixed up! but that's a great version compared to your deleted post ... I won't delete any posts if it respects others and the rules. Posts that are there just to trigger OUT OF TOPIC discussions will be deleted. You want to post about Jeddah tower you do that on its respective thread.

Tupac96 liked this post
Old February 10th, 2017, 05:18 PM   #1549
Whisky Peak
Visionary

Likes (Received): 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post
.... I have measured on the latest scale model again, and it confirmed to be 929m.....
Nice try, but you can't measured the scale model (or the the pictures of the model). Nobody knows whether it corresponds to reality.

Here's an example of a comparison: model VS masterplan
If the masterplan is true, we need to enlarge the model by factor 1.3!

So, if you measured 929m it is maybe (x1.3) >>> 1206m!

It is all "hocus pocus" only EMAAR knows....

► ► https://www.facebook.com/visiondubai ◄ ◄
Whisky Peak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #1550
lFurqanl
Pro User

Quote:
you didn't say that and your definition of rude and the truth are mixed up! but that's a great version compared to your deleted post ... I won't delete any posts if it respects others and the rules. Posts that are there just to trigger OUT OF TOPIC discussions will be deleted. You want to post about Jeddah tower you do that on its respective thread.
Ok
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #1551
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1504

With all due respect Mr. 900, you are getting rather worked up too.

AP Design, lFurqanl liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #1552
goodybear

Likes (Received): 691

Please let us just ALL stop the off topic posts. Like Gabriel900 said, the height is unknown to the public! I hope the next post I see will be a construction update not another post debating height. Is there any chance that there will be a webcam that will show progress in the construction of this tower like for Jeddah Tower?
goodybear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:35 PM   #1553
Gabriel900
Super Mod

yeah I'm sure once it starts to go vertical they will install webcams

goodybear, Daniel2011 liked this post
Old February 11th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #1554
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

But is there something actually happening at the underground levels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Peak View Post
Nice try, but you can't measured the scale model (or the the pictures of the model). Nobody knows whether it corresponds to reality.
Here's an example of a comparison: model VS masterplan
If the masterplan is true, we need to enlarge the model by factor 1.3!
So, if you measured 929m it is maybe (x1.3) >>> 1206m!
What makes you believe that this particular Top View is actually an Orthographic Plan View (i.e., perspectiveless camera projection)?

XGADGET liked this post

Last edited by AP Design; February 11th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 10:01 PM   #1555
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Well I suppose that's the fun (and inaccurate) part; we simply don't know. Won't keep us from guessing, though!

Whisky Peak, AP Design, BinSuroor liked this post
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #1556
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Loving the caption

https://www.facebook.com/emaardubai/
Old February 12th, 2017, 04:15 AM   #1557
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 1592

Another megatall in Dubai? This one doesn't even impress me. And 55 floors!? What are they doing with that oversized spire!?
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #1558
ballom

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Chicagoan View Post
Another megatall in Dubai? This one doesn't even impress me. And 55 floors!? What are they doing with that oversized spire!?
It's nothing new , this tower was announced last year.

Also that's very simple, they compensate for something

On a more serious note, I guess this tower exist to keep the record tallest world tower after Jeddah tower from Saudi Arabia was announced.
Except this time they've planned an extremly inneficiant tower instead of a true skyscraper (I guess that's because they wanted to quickly design and build it)

Daniel2011 liked this post
ballom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #1559
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Lol people fail to understand that Dubai won't ever care about efficiency ... they care about complexity, beauty and height. This tower is a megalithic one of a kind piece of art, who isn't meant to be commercial or residential ... hotels/bars/observation decks and sky gardens is what you will get here
Old February 12th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #1560
lFurqanl
Pro User

Quote:
Lol people fail to understand that Dubai won't ever care about efficiency ... they care about complexity, beauty and height. This tower is a megalithic one of a kind piece of art, who isn't meant to be commercial or residential ... hotels/bars/observation decks and sky gardens is what you will get here
Dubai doesn't care about efficiency?

Tags
dubai creek harbour, hypertall, iconic tower, megatall, the tower, the tower at dubai creek