daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2010, 06:31 PM   #121
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 591

How many times someone has to say that we should English in the international forums? This is not the local forums. We should use English in the international forums so that foreign forumers can understand what we post here. Thanks!
anonymous_filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:47 PM   #122
Sky Harbor
Green + Maroon = Blue. :D

Likes (Received): 59

I fear a repeat of the Northrail thread.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:07 AM   #123
kzpspxm

Likes (Received): 0

I hope that this year, the construction of the GCT will start...
kzpspxm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:20 AM   #124
kzpspxm

Will hyundai rotem manufacture the rolling stock of green line?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM   #125
Sky Harbor
Green + Maroon = Blue. :D

Likes (Received): 59

The Green Line is Northrail, and a Chinese company is manufacturing the rolling stock for that line, if memory serves me right.

As for MRT-7, URC has not announced anything.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM   #126
kzpspxm

I think the MRT-3 (Blue line) is not planned wisely. It looks cheap for me. Not like the LRT-1 (Yellow line) and MRT-2 (Purple Line), the station facilities and rolling stocks are modern and world class.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM   #127
keLmikez
Safe, fast, reliable.

Likes (Received): 4

MRT3 has the highest subsidy ..highest maintenance cost ..therefore highest corruption

sorry for speaking in filipino ..i never thought this was on the world forums ..i never thought someone would show how ugly our mrt is to the world
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #128
kzpspxm

http://www.lrta.gov.ph/press_release...TA%20Admin.htm

Atty. Rafael Rodriguez is the new LRTA administrator....
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #129
pTaMo
BANNED

Gov’t to continue subsidizing MRT fares

BY DENNIS GADIL

The Aquino government is going back on its word to stop subsidizing the fare of commuters of the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) by allocating a bigger amount of P7.3 billion next year.

Budget data showed that the P7.3-billion MRT fare subsidy is higher than the average annual subsidy of P5.4 billion.

The allocation effectively increases the state subsidy per passenger of P45 to P47.77 per commuter or up by P2.70 per passenger.

A total 414,000 commuters ride the MRT on a daily basis.

The increase in MRT subsidy is reflected in the budget of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) for next year, which would climb by 88.4 percent to P32.4 billion from P17.2 billion this year.

President Aquino earlier admitted the "inevitable" increase in fares of the MRT, citing the inability of the government to sustain the subsidy due to the high cost of its operations.

Aquino said he was awaiting studies on proposals on the equitable fare that would be acceptable to the riding public while allowing a lower government subsidy on the train operations.

These proposals include making the MRT fares equal with those of passenger buses while offering an easier and faster travel to commuters.

He explained the government subsidy on the MRT operations would be reduced with the increase in fare rates.

"The subsidy for the (MRT operations) is too high. We don’t have (the funds) to fill it," the president earlier said.

MRT general manager Reynaldo Berroya has said the fare increase maybe P25 per passenger from the current P15 maximum MRT fare.

Berroya said the increase would give the government an additional income of P1 billion a year.

Transport authorities said the fare adjustment was necessary to allow the MRT to recover losses. The mass transit railway line that runs along EDSA from Baclaran in Paranaque to North Edsa in Quezon City, earns only an estimated P1.8 billion a year.

DOTC Secretary Jose de Jesus said the government spends more than P5 billion a year for MRT operations and maintenance.

"It’s not recovering the cost of operations. I think it has to go up. I don’t know by how much," he said.

De Jesus added the Light Rail Transit (LRT) lines 1 and 2 are also expected to increase fares.

He said there had been studies to increase the fare at the LRT and MRT to reduce the heavy government subsidy on their operations.

In his first State of the Nation Address (SONA), the President blamed the previous administration for trying to "buy the people’s love" by forcing the MRT to keep its rates low.

"Because of this, Land Bank of the Philippines (LandBank) and the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) were ordered to purchase the MRT. The money of the people was used in exchange for an operation that was losing money," the President has said.

LandBank and DBP bought out the individual shares of the groups comprising the consortium that used to control the elevated railway system for $800 million.

MRTC is majority owned by a holding company, MRT Holdings Inc., a consortium that originally consisted of Ayala Land Inc., Anglo Philippines Holding Corp., Fil-Estate Management Inc., Ramcar Inc., and Greenfield Development Corp.

Among the private sellers were Goldman Sachs (which bought the interest of the Sobrepena family), Ayala Corp., the group of Anglo-Philippine Holdings Corp. led by businessman Alfredo Ramos, Unilab and Ramcar.

The remaining 25-percent that DBP and Landbank did not acquire were bonds held by private creditor-banks—including Philippine Bank of Communications, Bank of Commerce and United Coconut Planters Bank—which chose to hold on to these securities.

The government has committed to buy-out LandBank and DBP late last year through state investment arm National Development Corp. (NDC) possibly by bond issuance.

But the two state lenders have recently asked the DOTC to monetize their investment soon.
pTaMo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #130
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by keLmikez View Post
MRT3 has the highest subsidy ..highest maintenance cost ..therefore highest corruption

sorry for speaking in filipino ..i never thought this was on the world forums ..i never thought someone would show how ugly our mrt is to the world
At least not all metro lines in Manila are as bad as this. The yellow (3G) and purple lines are impressive

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:35 AM   #131
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_filipino View Post
How many times someone has to say that we should English in the international forums? This is not the local forums. We should use English in the international forums so that foreign forumers can understand what we post here. Thanks!
thank you!
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:11 AM   #132
kzpspxm

I always see the 2g train in D. Jose Station. I hope they will use it regularly and they should not use the 1g train 'cause it's not working properly already and I hope President Aquino will make an immediate action about the LRT. By the way, is the Roosevelt Station of NEP already open?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:13 AM   #133
kzpspxm

Get ready for the LRT fare hike.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:01 AM   #134
kzpspxm

Did anyone of you had a chance to ride the A30 3G train? At first it's only a 2-car 3g train right?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM   #135
keLmikez
Safe, fast, reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzpspxm View Post
I always see the 2g train in D. Jose Station. I hope they will use it regularly and they should not use the 1g train 'cause it's not working properly already and I hope President Aquino will make an immediate action about the LRT. By the way, is the Roosevelt Station of NEP already open?
by what time do you see the 2g train at djose?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM   #136
keLmikez
Safe, fast, reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzpspxm View Post
Did anyone of you had a chance to ride the A30 3G train? At first it's only a 2-car 3g train right?
i haven't heard of it
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #137
kzpspxm

Quote:
by what time do you see the 2g train at djose?
Around 4:45 - 5:00 pm.
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #138
kzpspxm

Quote:
i haven't heard of it
I think it's not in service anymore but there is a 2-car 3g train, I only had a chance to ride it last year. But I cannot see it anymore.
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #139
kzpspxm

..Get ready for the LRT1, MRT2 & MRT3 fare hike.
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #140
BANNED

Sorry mods if I'll revive this forgotten thread.

Can we revive this? Or better yet, we just transfer here.
1105110611151108 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila