daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #321
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Lufthansa’s 2011 Gains Narrow Air France Lead as European No. 1

Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Deutsche Lufthansa AG said passenger traffic rose 7 percent in 2011, shrinking Air France-KLM Group’s lead as Europe’s biggest airline.

Lufthansa’s traffic, calculated by multiplying the number of passengers carried by the distance flown and the measure by which airlines are usually ranked, grew to 208 billion revenue passenger kilometers last year, it said in a statement today.

That’s 5 percent lower than Air France-KLM’s 2011 total of almost 219 billion, based on the sum of monthly figures -- narrower than the 11 percent gap in 2010. IAG, parent of British Airways and Iberia, ranks third in Europe with 169 billion.

“From a balance sheet and management perspective Lufthansa tend to be the stronger, and they also have a diversified portfolio,” said Stephen Furlong, a Davy Stockbrokers analyst in Dublin who has a “neutral” rating on all three carriers.

Cologne, Germany-based Lufthansa transported a record 106 million passengers in the year, up 7.5 percent from 2010. Air France-KLM and International Consolidated Airlines Group SA attracted 76 million and 51.7 million travelers respectively.

Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, which includes the namesake brand and discount division Germanwings, moved 11 percent more passengers, while the Swiss and Austrian Airlines units carried 8 percent and 3.4 percent more. U.K.-based operator BMI, which is being sold to IAG, attracted 7.4 percent fewer customers.

Lufthansa increased capacity 9.8 percent during the year, outpacing traffic growth, so that the load factor, a measure of seat occupancy, shrank 2 percentage points to 77.2 percent. IAG added 7.1 percent more seats, versus a 7.2 percent traffic gain, lifting occupancy 0.1 points to 79.1 percent, it said Jan. 5.

Air France-KLM’s capacity advanced 7.3 percent, including the consolidation of Dutch operation Martinair in November, Bloomberg calculations show.

“They all have to do more on the capacity front,” Davy’s Furlong said.

Lufthansa said in October it would cut capacity growth for 2012 to 3 percent from a planned 9 percent. It will take 32 new planes and retire 38, include nine intercontinental jets.

--Editors: Chris Jasper,

To contact the reporter on this story: Alex Webb in Frankfurt [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Chad Thomas at [email protected]
(via Bloomberg Business Week)
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #322
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 4945

Old January 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #323
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14483

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=58170&size=large

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #324
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

That old Lufthansa livery looks better than current OS livery, sad.
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #325
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=58388&size=large

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #326
hakz2007
Moderador

Likes (Received): 4871

P-Noy inaugurates $30-M Lufthansa hangar
Quote:

MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino on Friday inaugurated the $30-million hangar of Lufthansa Technik Philippines (LTP) for Airbus 380, the biggest passenger airliner in the world today.

He said the new investment would officially make the Philippines one of the few locations around the world capable of providing maintenance service to such aircraft.
Read more
hakz2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #327
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18237

A plane of Swiss Internantional Airlines is seen at Capital International Airport in Beijing, capital of China, on Feb. 12, 2012. Swiss International Airlines on Sunday opened the daily direct flight from Zurich of Switzerland to Beijing. (Xinhua/Fu Qi)

Swiss International Airlines crew members of the inaugural flight from Zurich of Switzerland to Beijing, capital of China, pose for a photo with ground staff workers at Capital International Airport in Beijing on Feb. 12, 2012. Swiss International Airlines on Sunday opened the daily direct flight from Zurich of Switzerland to Beijing. (Xinhua/Fu Qi)

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #328
Matze20111984

Likes (Received): 160

Today, the new Lufthansa business class seat was introduced on the ITB Berlin.

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/them...ess-class.html
Matze20111984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #329
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Regular Qingdao-Frankfurt flight to be launched

QINGDAO, March 6 (Xinhua) -- Regular flights between the eastern Chinese port city of Qingdao and Frankfurt in central Germany will be launched on March 27, a local government official said Tuesday. Lufthansa will operate the route using Airbus A340-300 every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, Wu Haichuan, director of the Qingdao Municipal Ports Office, told a press conference.

The round-trip flight will make a brief stopover in the northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang, Wu said.

Qingdao, a port in Shandong province, is well-known for its seaside scenery and Tsingtao beer.

"The new air service will be the first flight linking Shandong and Europe, and it will shorten the distance between Qingdao and Europe," Wu said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #330
eduSVQ

Likes (Received): 931

Bae Avro

Hello:

Does someone know in what routes do Brussels Airlines and Swiss operate with Bae Avro? This is my favorite plane and I would like to know it and fly for my first time with it

Thanks very much.
eduSVQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #331
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Well here we have the first route annoucments
Lufthansa introduces first 747-8I on US, India routes

Lufthansa (LH) will take delivery of five Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental aircraft this year as part of its biggest fleet modernization program in its history. The remaining 15 747-8I aircraft will be delivered at a rate of five aircraft per year (ATW Daily News, Dec. 15, 2011).

LH, the first passenger airline to operate the 747-8I, is expecting its first delivery by the end of April to be used on services from Frankfurt to the US East Coast and India. LH will take delivery of the first of four Airbus A330-300s soon (ATW Daily News, Sept. 30, 2011).

LH also introduced a new business class seat for its long-haul fleet at the ITB Tourism Fair in Berlin. The new seat, which features a 1.98 meter-long bed, will be introduced on the first 747-8I. The new seat is a major component of LH’s biggest investment to date in its inflight product.

Over the next few years, some three billion euros will be channeled into product improvements for passengers. By the end of 2012, around 40% of its long-haul fleet will offer the new C class and about 30% will be reconfigured annually.

“Retrofitting LH entire long-haul fleet of more than 100 aircraft is expected to take four years,” LH board member Jens Bischof told ATW. “In 2012, all together, we [will] invest €1.8 billion ($2.36 billion) this year,” he said, adding that €300,000 will be in new products such as lounges.

The new Berlin Brandenburg International Airport (BER) will open in June (ATW Daily News, Dec. 2, 2011). “Our services to and from Berlin will increase fourfold to 50 destinations,” Bischof said, adding that LH’s total investment in BER is “more than a half billion euro, which also created 500 additional jobs in Berlin.”

LH will open a new terminal area at Frankfurt Airport in October.

”This give as growth opportunities [that] other carriers don’t have in the next 10 to 20 years,” Bischof said. Growth will happen in Germany, not in nearby hubs like in Madrid or Paris.”

LH plans to open five new destinations to China’s Shenyang and Qingdao, as well 61 new connections, beginning with its summer schedule from the end of March.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #332
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Given that Indian government banned LH's A380, it seems very relevant for LH to deploy 747-8i on the Indian routes.
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #333
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Air route opens linking Europe, NE China

SHENYANG, March 27 (Xinhua) -- Lufthansa, Germany's flagship carrier as well as the country's largest airline, on Tuesday launched a direct route between Frankfurt and Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province.

The route's three weekly flights will be serviced by Airbus A340 aircraft, which have 266 seats. The flight time is expected to be about 10 hours, with a total route length of 8,030 km, authorities with Lufthansa said.

The flight takes off at 12:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from Shenyang's Taoxian International Airport, and arrives the same day at Frankfurt Airport at 5:30 a.m. local time.

The route is the first direct flight linking northeast China to Europe, as passengers from northeast China previously had to fly to Beijing, Shanghai or Seoul to board flights to Europe.

Kay Kratky, a Lufthansa board member, said the new route will contribute to economic and cultural communication between the two destinations.

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #334
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63139

Quote:
Dulles to see first Lufthansa 747-8 service

Lufthansa has revealed that Washington-Dulles Airport will be the first international destination served by the Boeing 747-8.

full article:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...ervice-370158/
They didn't give a date when the service would start. The 1st delivery is still scheduled to be around 23 April, although it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Boeing or Lufthansa.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #335
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

And I believe the retirement of 747-400 will follow soon.
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #336
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Given that Indian government banned LH's A380, it seems very relevant for LH to deploy 747-8i on the Indian routes.

Why did the Indian government ban LH´s A380s?!
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #337
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

To protect local carries, as LH's A380 will bring a lot more seats on this route.

Last edited by Equario; March 30th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #338
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post

To protect local carries, as LH's A380 will bring a lot more seats on this rote.
I wish i have the power to make LH A380 coms to Khartoum but the Indian government had a good reason
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #339
ulrico

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduSVQ View Post
Hello:

Does someone know in what routes do Brussels Airlines and Swiss operate with Bae Avro? This is my favorite plane and I would like to know it and fly for my first time with it

Thanks very much.
The SWISS European Jumbolino reach all Destinations in Range of 3000Km.

Domestic Zurich-Geneva

Europe Routes (selection)
Brussels, London City, Nurnberg, Lyon, Berlin, Venice, Nice, Düsseldorf, Budapest, Luxembourg, Birmingham, Milano Malpensa, Amsterdam...

But hurry up! As of 2014 these aircraft will be replaced over a two-year period with the Bombardier CSeries.
ulrico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #340
TKZ

Likes (Received): 25

It seems that OS is withdrawing B737-600. The OE-LNM has been phased-out next day after taking this photo http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7346624
TKZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
austria, belgium, european airlines, germany, star alliance, switzerland