search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Galleries and Creative Corner > India Images Gallery

India Images Gallery Photos of India - buildings, landscapes and culture

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 13830

Thumbs up Incredible India - the Ad campaign

The Incredible India As campaign is pretty interesting. Have been seeing them in various prestigious travel magazines for some time.

The Department of Tourism, Government of India has won the - PATA Grand Award, 2005, in the Heritage (HE) category, for the "Ajanta Ellora Conservation & Tourism Development Project", - PATA Gold Award, 2005, in the Print Media (AD-P) category, for the "Incredible-Taj" ads

Here are some from the website featuring the Incredible Taj..(These are touched up images -often juxtaposing two different regions)

I like this one!

Last edited by Suncity; March 14th, 2005 at 04:32 PM.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #2
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 13830

More

Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #3
Azhagan
I'm Dead

Likes (Received): 0

wow, superb pictures....

i expect some pictures of golden temple. madurai meenakshi temple,mahabalipuram etc...
Azhagan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #4
drwho
slacker oui!

Likes (Received): 1

hey nice pics Sun

also thnxs for the header image
drwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #5
centralized pandemonium
Satyameva Jayate

Likes (Received): 13

Amazing.

www.ironaddicts.com
centralized pandemonium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #6
nova
Distant glory

Incredible indeed!

I especially like this one:
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #7
tonymathew
\m/(>.<)\m/

nice colour scheme
Old March 26th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #8
Anniyan
Nocturnal...!!!!

Likes (Received): 1657

Discover India for Rs 7,950

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...siness&Topic=0
Anniyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #9
dcb11
Blue Devil

Likes (Received): 4

Nice ad campaign. Very beautiful pictures. I like the emphasis on color and diversity (both of terrain and people).

A few criticisms: I don't like the "!ndia" thing, or the (very weak) attempt to make the top of the Taj Mahal look like an "I." Spelling out Incredible India would be sufficient. The photos speak for themselves.

Also, there are too many ads based around the Taj Mahal. The pictures are wonderful, but I think India is already heavily associated with the Taj Mahal, and everybody knows what the Taj Mahal looks like! India has so many wonderful monuments and sites. It would be a shame to reinforce the idea that India has the Taj Mahal without showing how much else India has to offer. In order to convince tourists to come to India, you have to show them that there are MANY things to do and see in India. They already know about the Taj Mahal.
dcb11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #10
thalaiva

I saw an article saying that tourists were disappointed after seeing the Taj because the ad campaigns depict the taj with a clean blue yamuna river flowing nearby, but the reality is that the yamuna is polluted and dirty and does not look anything like it is depicted in the picture. The article was just comparing tourist feedback. Apparently Malaysia has good tourist feedback as does Singapore. I feel that the GOI must try and improve the area around the Taj so that it meets and exceeds the expectations of even the most difficult to impress tourist.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #11
dcb11
Blue Devil

Likes (Received): 4

Well, maybe the Yamuna isn't as clean and blue as it looks in the pictures, but if tourists we're "disappointed" after seeing the Taj Mahal, then there is something wrong with them!

If only there was an India Pavillion at EPCOT tourists could just go see the Taj Mahal there! I guess Disney didn't think India, a small unimportant country that most people haven't heard of, didn't need a Pavillion. Norway on the other hand...
dcb11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #12
thalaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb11
Well, maybe the Yamuna isn't as clean and blue as it looks in the pictures, but if tourists we're "disappointed" after seeing the Taj Mahal, then there is something wrong with them!

If only there was an India Pavillion at EPCOT tourists could just go see the Taj Mahal there! I guess Disney didn't think India, a small unimportant country that most people haven't heard of, didn't need a Pavillion. Norway on the other hand...
I am sure that the tourists were not disappointed on seeing the Taj. Where else would you see such a wonderful monument. I guess they were just not happy with the surroundings. Agra is a small city and not that clean.

I think that with our increasing purchasing power, it will not be long before Disney comes begging for money to India. Maybe one our entrepreneurs will start an entertainment empire, which will buyout Disney.
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #13
thunderbunny

Likes (Received):

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity
The Incredible India As campaign is pretty interesting. Have been seeing them in various prestigious travel magazines for some time.

The Department of Tourism, Government of India has won the - PATA Grand Award, 2005, in the Heritage (HE) category, for the "Ajanta Ellora Conservation & Tourism Development Project", - PATA Gold Award, 2005, in the Print Media (AD-P) category, for the "Incredible-Taj" ads

Here are some from the website featuring the Incredible Taj..(These are touched up images -often juxtaposing two different regions)

I like this one!

very nice marketing
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #14
KulasKusgan
Life is Here!

Likes (Received): 207

just dropping by to say...INCREDIBLE!

tayoydabawenyo.natapatattotoo.pangarapaymatamo.kaluwalhatianmo.lungsodnaparaiso.
KulasKusgan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:54 PM   #15
centralized pandemonium
Satyameva Jayate

Likes (Received): 13

Intresting, I saw one of these Incredible India posters on a really narrow streets of Rome. Least expected to find them there.

www.ironaddicts.com
centralized pandemonium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #16
juan_en_el_valle
Que importa?

Interesting!
Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:35 AM   #17
subhendu

Very nice
subhendu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #18
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

Not bad but they need to do a few more urban-themed things, and while the print ads are cool, the TV ads need to add a few more modern things. From what I've seen, they all seem to focus on rural women spinning around with pots on their heads, among other things. Here's what the TV ads should be like:

Shot 1: Delhi Metro platform, with a woman in a red catsuit doing yoga while a train pulls in.

Shot 2: A classic shot of the Rashtrapati Bhavan lighting up at night.

Shot 3: Bandra-Worli Sealink construction 24h time-lapse video w, 1hr intervals.

Shot 4: Victoria Terminus/Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus at night, with lights and stuff.

Shot 5: Two guys giving a Kalari Payattu demo.

Shot 6: Birla Planetarium w/ people doign yoga on the front lawns.

Shot 7: Same old Taj Mahal shot.

As for the print ads, the current ones are nto too bad but they should eb supplemented with the following:

A: A shot of the Lotus Temple.

B: Bandra-Worli Sealink (when it's done)

C: Tigers at Ranatahmbur.

D: Stem cell research at AIIMS.

There's nothing wrong with pushing our history (indeed it is a big tourist draw), but by dropping in some stuff from modern India we can really change people's perceptions. Remember, this is a bit like what Japan did with its Shinkanshens and stuff. India must be marketed as a nation where futurism runs alongside tradition. That's why I dropped in a few heritage shots with my proposed TV spot.
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #19
klein

Thumbs up Ad Campaign

I saw the I2 ad campaign on CNN on sunday. It was pretty slickly done.
Ministry of tourism deserves a pat on the back.
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #20
p2p4

Likes (Received): 2122

Incredible India = for that matter anything / any place would look incredible if the pictures are 'treated' with color saturation to make them look bright and outstanding.

The most INCREDIBLE thing about the ad campaign is that though on one hand it says "ATITHI DEVO BHAVA" = Our Guest is God (hahahahaha).. and yet, on the other, our guests are expected to pay exhorbitantly high entrance fees to enter almost every monument of historic/archaeological significance.

You will never miss the signages put up by the Ministry of Tourism and the Archeological Survey of India - which blatantly mention "ENTRANCE FEES FOR INDIANS Rupees 10.00 and for Non-Indians U.S.Dollars 5.00).

Yeah Yeah.. incredible discrimination indeed. And I am incredibly ashamed to see my own Indian Govt treat foreigners in such bloody shamelessly cheating ways.

Incredibly ashamed..
p2p4

Quote:
Originally Posted by klein
I saw the I2 ad campaign on CNN on sunday. It was pretty slickly done.
Ministry of tourism deserves a pat on the back.
p2p4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: