daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #301
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Tel Aviv withdraws Mann Auditorium renovation plan

Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai said he would refer the problem to UNESCO.

Ron Paz 11 Dec 05 12:21

Last week, the Tel Aviv municipality withdrew a plan from the local planning and building commission to renovate Mann Auditorium. Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai said that, at public request, he was suspending the plan, and referring the matter to a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) committee.

The renovation plan aroused a major dispute between the planners and the supporters of building preservation in Tel Aviv. The municipality, which advocated renovation, asserts that the current building is outmoded, and suffers from severe acoustic problems. With all due respect for its preservation, the municipality asserts that the building’s main purpose is to serve the public, and without thorough renovation, the building cannot be used. Some officials of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra supported these claims.

The municipality also asserted that the planned changes were minor external ones, and would not be noticed. It noted that the building was not marked for strict preservation, and that changes were therefore possible. Preservation circles, however, joined by architects and intellectuals, asserted that the municipality had promised UNESCO before the White City of Tel Aviv was officially declared a UNESCO World Heritage List site that no changes would be made in buildings included in the declaration. They further claimed that the planned changes within the hall, and changing its form from a fan to a rectangle, would make one Israel’s cultural symbols unrecognizable.

They said that thorough renovation was necessary, but that the hall’s external appearance should not be altered, nor the ceiling raised, nor its façade on Dizengoff Street.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 11, 2005

Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #302
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/
Clal Insurance buys Ackerstein Tower for $31m

The 11-storey building in Herzliya Pituah is under construction. It is the third building in a joint project by Industrial Building and Ackerstein Industries.

Guy Yamin 15 Dec 05 16:22

Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd. (TASE: CLIS) is pursuing its campaign to acquire income-producing properties in Israel. It is buying the Ackerstein Tower on Hagalim Blvd. in Herzliya Pituah for $31 million, or $1,900 per sq.m.

The Ackerstein Tower, also known as Building C, is under construction; it is the third building in a joint project by Industrial Building Corporation Ltd. (TASE:IBLD) and Ackerstein Industries Ltd.. When completed, the 11-storey building will have nine floors of office space, and a separate lobby above a 1,000-sq.m. commercial floor and 400 underground parking places. Clal Insurance will receive the building with high-quality finishing, on the basis of Industrial Building and Ackerstein Industries agreed-upon blueprint. Industrial Buildings is building the project.

The $31 million price tag is based on a price of $1,800 per sq.m. of office space, $1,000 per sq.m. of commercial space, and $13,300 per parking place.

Six years ago, Industrial Building bought a lot zoned for four office buildings from Ackerstein Industries in a 42% deal.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on December 15, 2005
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:12 PM   #303
TalB
Refugee

Receiver offers Zameret Park lot for sale

The lot has been assessed at $23 million. Canada Israel Development, Habas HZ Investments and Ocif Investments and Development will reportedly make bids.

Guy Yamin 11 Dec 05 11:17

Tel Aviv’s Zamaret Park neighborhood, now under construction on one of the country’s most expensive land reserves, is highly sought after by developers and investors. At a time when almost no lots in the neighborhood are on the market, receiver Adv. Gad Frankel, representing a consortium of 12 individuals, is offering lot 11 for sale. The 3.7-dunam (0.925-acre) lot is zoned for 164 apartments in a 38-storey high-rise with 30,000-sq.m. in gross space. The sellers petitioned the court two months ago to liquidate their consortium.

Frankel hired an assessor, who valued the lot at NIS 108 million ($23 million), or $140,000 per land per apartment.

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Canada Israel Development Corp., which bought the adjacent lot 10 for $21 million a few months ago, will bid in the tender jointly with real estate broker Roni Maneh. Habas HZ Investments (1960) Ltd . (TASE:HABS) and Ocif Investments and Development Ltd. (TASE:OCIF), which are currently bidding to buy another lot in Zameret Park, will also probably bid for lot 11. Ocif recently bought a seven-dunam (1.75-acre) lot in Zameret Park, zoned for a high-rise with 127 apartments, for $20 million. Habas is building the luxury YOO project and BSR Engineering and Development Ltd. is building the Manhattan project nearby.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on December 11, 2005
Old December 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #304
TalB
Refugee

Just to keep up the progress in the area.

First Intl Tower

Bank Discount Tower

Not sure if this a rennovation or demolition

Hanger 9 rennovation

New entrance to the Azriely Center

Yoo Towers
[img]http://************/ilgn5w.jpg[/img]

Manhattan Tower
[img]http://************/ilgnk5.jpg[/img]

Shalom Meir Tower rennovation
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:17 AM   #305
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...041054&fid=942
Matthew Bronfman bids for Rishon Le-Zion lot

A second IKEA Israel branch will be erected on the lot, as the anchor for a new power center.

Guy Yamin 19 Dec 05 12:41

Matthew Bronfman is in advanced negotiations with the Rishon Le-Zion municipality and the Israel Land Administration (ILA) to buy a 40-dunam (10-acre) lot in the south of Rishon Le-Zion, on the municipal border with New Ziona. Bronfman is expected to erect a power center on the lot, including a second Israeli branch of Swedish furniture chain IKEA, at an investment of some $60-80 million.

The report came at a conference of developers held by the Israel Building Center together with Rishon Le-Zion mayor Meir Nitzan and city engineer Sima Kushnir. Nitzan and Kushnir said that IKEA had concluded its negotiations with the municipality, and that all that remained was for the company to agree the principles and outline of the deal with the ILA.

Bronfman is thus entering real estate dealings in Israel, after leading the consortium that bought the state's stake in Israel Discount Bank (TASE: DSCT), and buying into the retail sector, with holdings in Blue Square Israel (NYSE: BSI ; TASE: BSI) and ownership of the IKEA Israel franchise.

The second IKEA branch will stretch over 28,000 square meters, making it larger than the original branch in Netanya. The Bronfman group can expect to benefit from the high demand for the rest of the commercial space on the Rishon Le-Zion lot deriving from IKEA's presence.

IKEA Israel had sales of NIS 345 million last year, and made a net profit of NIS 35 million. This year's sales are expected to be about 8% higher.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on December 19, 2005
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #306
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000040946
Oded Dessau buys 50% of EMD for $75m

The company’s assets include a Tel Aviv parking lot zoned for 190 housing units and 145 parking spaces.

Guy Yamin 18 Dec 05 17:16

At the end of last week, OD Diamonds International general manager Oded D. Dessau bought 50% of EMD Real Estate Development and Investment from the Dan Cooperative Society for Public Transport. The purchase, made through Golan Fine Crafts, was at a company value of $150 million.

A few months ago, Dessau negotiated with Mediterranean Properties and Investments (MPI), controlled by chairman Eyal Yona and Amnon Barzilai, to buy 22.5% of EMD for NIS 75 million, reflecting a company value of NIS 433 million. However, Dan Cooperative exercised its first refusal rights to buy MPI’s stake in EMD. EMD’s value in the current deal with Dessau is more than 50% higher.

EMD’s assets include a parking lot in Bat Yam zoned for 25,000 sq.m. of offices, a parking lot on Arlosorov Street in Tel Aviv zoned for 190 housing units and 145 parking spaces, an Avis Israel parking lot in Ramat Gan zoned for 9,000 sq.m., part of a Dan Cooperative parking lot in Shikun Dan in Tel Aviv, and a controlling interest in Dan Rent-A-Car (Avis Israel).

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 18, 2005
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #307
TalB
Refugee

Tel Aviv’s wholesale market to move to temporary site at Zerifin

The market has been rezoned for a 220,000 sq.m. residential, commercial and office complex, proceeds from which are estimated at $600-700 million.

Guy Yamin 18 Dec 05 13:15

The Tel Aviv municipality last week decided to close Tel Aviv’s wholesale market, located between Carlebach St. and Hashmonaim St., in February 2006, and move it to a temporary location at Tnuva Food Industries Ltd.’s premises at Zerifin, until a permanent market is built at Messubim Junction.

The Tel Aviv Local Planning and Building Board recently rezoned the 55-dunam (13.75-acre) wholesale market for mixed residential, commercial and office use. Under the new plan, 220,000 sq.m. in ten-storey and four 40-storey buildings will be built on the site. The space will include 100,000 sq.m. of commercial, office, and business space, public institutions, and public space; and 1,125 apartments covering an aggregate 120,000 sq.m. The project also includes a 3,500-space parking lot.

“Globes” recently reported that Shrem Fudim Kelner & Co. (TASE:SFK) was in advanced negotiations with Tnuva, which controls Tel Aviv Wholesale Market Cold Storage Ltd., to buy 30-50% of the wholesale market at a value of $75 million. Market sources estimate proceeds from the wholesale market project at $600-700 million.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on December 18, 2005
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:48 AM   #308
source26
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

the wholesale market or the four 40f market towers will be staring mid-2006
source26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:53 PM   #309
TalB
Refugee

Railway development will exceed estimate by NIS 10b

Parsons Brinckerhoff: Budget overruns are due to non-optimal planning and incorrect estimates.

Gal Nissim 21 Dec 05 12:21

Sources inform ''Globes'' that there is a NIS 10 billion shortfall in the Israel Railways development plan. The final report by US consultancy agency Parsons Brinckerhoff states that Israel Railways will need an additional NIS 4 billion for projects in its five-year plan, NIS 1 billion for double tracks, NIS 2.5 billion for procurement, and NIS 2.5 billion for a fourth track along the Ayalon highway in Tel Aviv, which was not included in the original plan.

Most of the extra amount required is because estimates were exceeded. For example, under the development plan, the cost of the Kiryat Motzkin-Nahariya line, due to be completed in 2007, was NIS 260 million. Parsons Brinckerhoff says the line will cost NIS 600 million, and will be completed in 2010.

The Ben Gurion Airport-Modi’in line will also go over budget. Israel Railways estimates the cost of this line at NIS 1.2 billion; Parsons Brinckerhoff estimates the cost at NIS 1.45 billion. The high-speed Tel Aviv-Jerusalem line is also way over budget. Israel Railways says the line will cost NIS 2.5 billion; Parsons Brinckerhoff estimates the cost at NIS 3.7-3.9 billion. Parsons Brinckerhoff also predicts that the line will be completed in 2011, compared with Israel Railway’s promise of 2008.

The West Rishon LeZion line is also over budget. The original NIS 1.5 billion budget has been raised to NIS 1.7 billion, and the line is now 14 months behind schedule.

The audit finds that without a fourth track along the Ayalon, there is no point in expanding Israel’s rail network, because the fourth track is essential for Israel Railways’ ability to operate.

Parsons Brinckerhoff said Israel Railways’ development plan was based on non-optimal planning and incorrect estimates. It believes that Israel Railways must invest NIS 2.5 billion in equipment to reach a proper level of service.

The Ministries of Finance and Transport agree that a budget supplement for Israel Railways is essential. An initiative to cut projects and postpone timetables has been rejected at this stage. The proposed way for expediting the development plan is to increase budgets, extend the five-year plan by at least two years, and create a control system.

At the recommendation of Parsons Brinckerhoff, the Ministry of Finance Accountant General’s Office, in coordination with Israel Railways, is promoting a plan under which railway projects will be built according to milestones, in order to ensure close supervision, and prevent budget overruns and construction faults.

Israel Railways originally budgeted NIS 20 billion for its development plan: NIS 13.5 billion from the state, and NIS 6 billion to be raised in private placements. Many faults have been found in the development plan, party because of the haste in which it was written, poor planning, and changes required by planning committees.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on December 20, 2005
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:46 AM   #310
TalB
Refugee

Some updated pans that beivushtang had put recently and notice the many cranes.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:09 AM   #311
pacyderm

Likes (Received): 0

Wow Tel Aviv is going to have an amazing skyline once all of these are done.

I love the panoramic pictures AMAZING!
pacyderm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:13 PM   #312
TalB
Refugee

Yahud, another city in the Tel Aviv metro area will see some height with the Savyonim Towers being constructed.

Old December 25th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #313
TalB
Refugee

23,000 housing units to be built on IMI Hasharon site

The construction project, adjacent to Ramat Hasharon, Herzliya, Hod Hasharon, and the southern Sharon district, will be one of Israel’s largest.

Ron Paz 25 Dec 05 15:43

The joint Israel Military Industries (IMI) Hasharon district committee has approved for deposit a local outline plan on the IMI site in the Sharon region. The construction project, one of Israel’s largest, will cover 7,460 dunam (1,865 acres). It includes 23,000 housing units and 1.35 million sq.m. of business space.

The IMI Sharon site is part of the municipal jurisdictions of Ramat Hasharon, Herzliya, Hod Hasharon, and the Southern Sharon Regional Council. 4,650 dunam (1,162.5 acres) of the site is covered an IMI factory.

The plan’s goal is to redress the environmental damage caused by the IMI factory, decontaminate the land, and reclaim groundwater sources on the site.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 25, 2005
Old December 25th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #314
TalB
Refugee

Bat Yam expansion plan deposited

Projected proceeds from the project, which comprises 4,000 housing units, and thousands of hotel rooms, total $300 million.

Guy Yamin 25 Dec 05 14:25

Last Tuesday, lawyers representing three property associations deposited at the Tel Aviv District Planning and Building Commission a plan to build a new neighborhood in western Bat Yam, on the town’s southern border with Rishon LeZion.

The plan includes construction of 4,000 housing units, thousands of hotel rooms, commercial space, public buildings, and parking space. Projected proceeds from the project total $300 million.

Construction in the plan covers 630,000 sq.m. It includes 500,000 sq.m. of high-density housing in 12-24 storey buildings, 100,000 sq.m. of hotel space, 4,500 sq.m. of commercial space, 92,000 sq.m. of public buildings, and a public park.

Old December 25th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #315
TalB
Refugee

West Rishon LeZion power center 2nd stage approved

15,000 sq.m. has been leased to Globus Group Cinemas who will compete with Glilot junction's Cinema City.

Guy Yamin 25 Dec 05 14:23

At the Rishon LeZion Local Planning and Building Commission, the liquidators of Hatzlahaht Yehezkel recently approved a plan to build the second stage of a power center on Avraham Bar Street in the new Rishon LeZion industrial section.

The first stage, which includes 18,000 sq.m. on a 17-dunam (4.25-acre) lot, is currently under construction. The first stage also includes an additional 18,000 sq.m. in building rights at a later stage of the project.

The company has signed a contract to lease 15,000 sq.m. of space in the second stage of the project to Globus Group Cinemas, whose plan is similar to Cinema City at the Glilot intersection. The new project will include 20 movie houses, and the main attraction will be an IMAX three-dimensional screen.

Rishon LeZion is becoming a cinema center. In addition to the Drom Yehuda area in the Superland cite in western Rishon LeZion, the owners of Cinema City at the Glilot intersection Leon and Moshe Edri are planning a similar complex there. The Israel Land Administration has recommended leasing 30 dunam (7.5 acres) to them without a tender. The overseas-based parent company of Cinema City is promoting a center with 25 Cinema City movie houses, a glass hall, theaters, restaurants, cafes, and bars, with 2,500 parking spaces.

Old December 25th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #316
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB
Yahud, another city in the Tel Aviv metro area will see some height with the Savyonim Towers being constructed.

I really like these for some reason. Usually I love glass but this one's really nice IMO
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #317
ZOHAR
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 43

u/c 24f

I could never leave Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv house anthem)

Tel Aviv is a RAINBOW in the Middle East.

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
ZOHAR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #318
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

Awesome projects for Israel!
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #319
TalB
Refugee

Sammy Ofer gets veto power in Tel Aviv Museum deals

The museum will bear Ofer’s name for the next 50 years.

Guy Yamin 27 Dec 05 11:34

At the beginning of the month, Sammy Ofer announced that he intended to donate $20 million for construction of a new building in the Tel Aviv Museum of Art complex. Ofer was promised that the museum would bear his name for the next 50 years. An examination of the contract between Ofer and the Tel Aviv municipality shows that Ofer received a number of other promises.

Among other things, the municipality, which owns the land on which the museum stands, will not be able to sell it, sign a lien on it, or conclude any transaction involving the land without Ofer’s consent. Furthermore, his advance written consent is required for granting any rights to a third party in the museum company, its building, land, the new building, and the company’s special bank account. These rights include a mortgage lien, a sale, and “any right whatsoever.”

The municipality said that this clause reflects a legitimate interest on Ofer’s part, designed to guarantee that the site would continue to be used as a museum throughout the period of his memorialization. It added that the museum’s board of trustees, including other donors, had voted in favor of accepting the Ofer family’s donation.

Under the contract, the museum company and the municipality are obligated to add a note in the Land Registry Office stipulating that any transaction by the museum involving its land, in whole or in part, requires Ofer’s written consent. If this condition is not fulfilled, Ofer will be entitled to a refund of his donation.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 27, 2005
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #320
TalB
Refugee

Bar Ilan University founds $133m nanotech center

The new building will be dedicated in late 2007. The center will employ 40 researchers.

Ofer Levi 28 Dec 05 19:04

Bar Ilan University is setting up a nanotechnology center at a cost of $133 million. $33 million of this will be spent on a new 12,000-sq.m. building. The university will spend $100 million from its budget, and the government will furnish the rest. The money will pay for the center’s activity for five years.

The new center will specialize in materials, while The Technion - Israel Institute of Technology’s existing nanotechnology center concentrates on nano-electronics. The new building will be dedicated in late 2007, and will significantly expand Bar Ilan’s current nano-technology research in its various departments.

Prof. Avi Ulman of the Institute for Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials at Bar-Ilan University said that one of the center’s special features would be its direct links with industry, and its BS and MS programs in nanotechnology, in addition to a PhD program. The center will employ 40 senior researchers in chemistry, physics, biology, and engineering, including prominent nanotechnology researchers recruited from overseas.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 28, 2005

Tags
tel aviv