daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #321
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/
Airports Authority to build power station at Ben Gurion

The authority is one of Israel’s largest electricity consumers.

Gal Nissim 28 Dec 05 19:37

The Israel Airports Authority will build a power station at Ben Gurion Airport. The Airports Authority council has budgeted NIS 12.4 million for planning the project in 2006. The 80-megawatt capacity plant will use natural gas, and supply electricity to the airport site and the surrounding area.

The Airports Authority plans to publish a build, operate, transfer (BOT) tender for building the plant, including distribution stations and laying a natural gas pipeline, in late 2006.

According to the Airport Authority’s timetable, the station will begin operating in 2009. The authority has allotted 10 dunam (2.5 acres) in the area of its engineering facilities, adjacent to its sewage purification facility. The tender bids will compete on the percentage discount on the price of electricity, and on royalties for leasing the land.

Airports Authority director-general Gabi Ophir said that the Airports Authority was one of Israel’s largest electricity consumers. Its consumption has risen every year, particularly since Terminal 3 was opened. He said that changes in the electricity industry and the introduction of natural gas had led the Airports Authority to its decision.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on December 28, 2005

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2006, 06:50 PM   #322
Xabi

Likes (Received): 5

Quite dense highrise area, but surely it will be beauty.

Tel Aviv is unkown for me, and unfortunately I can't see some photos of the thread.

De Snor GOIAN BEGO
Xabi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:47 AM   #323
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000045667
Dunietz Brothers, Kfir to build country’s largest vacate-and-build project

The companies will build 1,128 housing units in central Rishon LeZion. The proceeds from the project are estimated at $350 million.

Guy Yamin 1 Jan 06 17:38

Israel’s largest vacate-and-build project is getting underway. Dunietz Brothers Ltd. and Kfir Building Contractors Ltd. will build 1,128 housing units in a 17.5-dunam (4.975-acre) lot in central Rishon LeZion. Proceeds from the project are estimated at $350 million.

The project is going ahead after Dunietz Brothers and Kfir signed a contract on Friday to buy the lot in equal shares for $7 million. The lot is bordered by Givati St. on the west, Elazar St. on the east, Gush Etzion on the north, and Hanegev on the south. The Ministry of Housing and Construction has approved the project.

The project will include 16 20-storey high-rises, which will be built in ten stages. The companies plan to build the first two stages, which will have 588 housing units, over the next two years.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 1, 2006
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM   #324
Hebrewtext

Likes (Received): 2967

Tel Aviv underground and light rail system

80 skyscrapers are planned (40 FL. - 102 FL.),some approved ,for Tel Aviv and more towers in TA metro area in Ramat Gan and in Givataym

the improved site of NTA (Hebrew):

click the 2 box's at the right side to see the projects films
the light rail train in Athens is given as an example

Tel Aviv underground and light rail train

general lines plan

the red line- detailed map + stations

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed

Last edited by Hebrewtext; January 3rd, 2006 at 03:53 PM.
Hebrewtext no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM   #325
Hebrewtext

double post

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed
Old January 4th, 2006, 03:08 AM   #326
TalB
Refugee

Some other projects to add to this bandwagon.

11 Rothschild Blvd, Tel Aviv

Ellipse Tower, Bat Yam
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #327
TalB
Refugee

Finally, there is something rising at the site of the First Intl Tower.

Originally posted by goodmood10 in the Israel Fourm
Old January 5th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #328
Hebrewtext

80 skyscrapers are planned (40 FL. - 102 FL.),some approved ,for Tel Aviv and more towers in TA metro area in Ramat Gan and in Givataym

cranes in work

--------

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed
Old January 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #329
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...047247&fid=942
London consortium offers $30 million for Tel Aviv lot

The offer is $7 million higher than the surveyor's valuation for the Zameret Park lot.

Noam Sharvit 5 Jan 06 14:12

A group of London investors is offering $30 million for a lot in Tel Aviv’s Zameret Park neighborhood. The offer is $7 million higher than the surveyor's valuation of $23 million, or $140,000 per apartment.

The lot is owned by 12 private parties, who filed to liquidate their partnership with the Tel Aviv Magistrates Court two months ago. The court appointed Adv. Gad Frankel as receiver for the lot. The lot for sale is lot 11: a 3.7-dunam (0.925-acre) lot, zoned for 164 apartments in a 38-storey high-rise with 30,000-sq.m. in gross space.

Frankel decided to publish a tender for the lot. The tender is considered one of the hottest on the market. The London consortium is incorporated as a private investment company.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 5, 2006
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #330
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000047801
Airports Authority to lease Ben Gurion Airport’s Terminal 1

The 50,000-sq.m. terminal terminal includes 15,000 sq.m. of office space. The Airports Authority plans to build terminals for domestic flights and for international flights by private and corporate jets.

Guy Yamin 8 Jan 06 12:39

The Israel Airports Authority has published a tender to lease Ben Gurion International Airport’s Terminal 1 for 25 years. The 50,000-sq.m. terminal includes 15,000 sq.m. of office space. The Airports Authority is currently conducting tours of the terminal for developers. The deadline for bids is the end of January.

The developer winning the tender will be authorized to operate commercial and office space. The terminal will revert to the Airports Authority when the lease expires.

The lot covers a total area of 78,000 sq.m., but the Airports Authority is keeping 28,000 sq.m. for its own needs. The Airports Authority plans to build a 9,000-sq.m. terminal for domestic flights, and has allocated 2,500 sq.m. for the Israel Civil Aviation Authority and 600 sq.m. for a terminal for international flights by private and corporate jets.

Potential uses of Terminal 1 include a convention center, hotels, health center, commercial center, showrooms, recreation and entertainment, and a high-tech incubator. Under the terms of the tender, only developers with experience in handling such projects may bid in the tender. Participants must provide a $25 million bank guarantee.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 8, 2006
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #331
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...047803&fid=942
Gazit Globe may buy part of Tel Aviv wholesale market

Gazit Globe Israel will reportedly pay $25 million for 25,000 sq.m.

Guy Yamin 8 Jan 06 12:42

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Gazit-Globe Ltd. (TASE:GLOB) subsidiary Gazit-Globe Israel Ltd. is negotiating to buy 25,000 sq.m. of commercial space in the Tel Aviv wholesale market. Gazit-Globe will reportedly pay $25 million if a deal is signed.

The Tel Aviv Local Planning and Building Commission recently rezoned the 55-dunam (13.75-acre) Tel Aviv wholesale market for mixed-use project, including 2,000 apartments, 15,000 sq.m. of office space, 25,000 sq.m. of commercial space, and 1,500 underground parking places. The site will have ten-storey buildings above the commercial center, and four 40-storey resoidential high-rises.

The Tel Aviv municipality owns 40% of the planned commercial space on the lot. Gazit-Globe is therefore negotiating with both the municipality and the Tel Aviv Wholesale Market Cold Storage Ltd. In addition, because the office towers will be built over the commercial center and the parking lot will be common to both projects, Gazit Globe will also have to negotiate with a third party - the developer for the residential project.

The Tel Aviv municipality prefers selling rights to the lot to ten developers who will build and market the apartments simultaneously, rather than selling the rights to a single developer, who would develop the project over many years. Market sources believe that the project’s proceeds will reach $600-700 million.

Gazit-Globe said in response that it was constantly seeking commercial centers in Israel, in line with the company’s policy, and it did not normally comment about negotiations before a deal was signed.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 8, 2006
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM   #332
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...047791&fid=942
Ayalon Park landowners oppose no construction decision

The cabinet unanimously decided almost a year ago that no construction would be allowed in Ayalon Park.

Dalia Tal 8 Jan 06 12:21

Almost a year after the cabinet unanimously approved a plan to build 8,000-dunam (2,000-acre) Ayalon Park in southeastern Tel Aviv, petitions against the plan have been filed at the High Court of Justice.

Due to differences between them, Mikve-Israel Agricultural School and Alliance All Israel Friends High School filed separate petitions at the High Court of Justice. Hazera Genetics (TASE: HQS) also filed a petition.

The petitioners all assert that the planned park is too large and impractical, is harmful to neighborhoods in southern Tel Aviv, and violates their property rights. Alliance All Friends and Hazera also propose residential and business construction plans, which they allege are the only way that the park can be built.

The State Attorney’s Office asserts that the government has full authority to decide the plan on behalf of the residents of Tel Aviv and the region. The state alleges that the petitioners’ motive is not the benefit of the residents of southern Tel Aviv, but real estate profits at the public’s expense.

Mikve-Israel Agricultural School covers 3,300 dunam (825 acres), which the Ottoman sultan granted to Charles Netter and Alliance Israelite Universelle in 1870 in order to found an agricultural high school.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on January 8, 2006
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #333
TalB
Refugee

More from the Israeli fourm.

Yoo Towers

Discount Bank, First Intl, and Neve Tzedek Towers

Manhattan Tower
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:49 PM   #334
TalB
Refugee

Updates from other projects that were done by beivushtang.

Old January 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #335
TalB
Refugee

We are finally seeing the First Intl Tower rise.

Old January 12th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #336
Gandhi
Newland

Likes (Received): 4

Nice Pics and good projects in Tel Aviv..is one of the cities with more development in the Middle East, with Dubai
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #337
TalB
Refugee

More updates of Tel Aviv by beivushtang, this time by the Mediterranean.

Old January 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM   #338
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000051540
Gazit Globe offers $30m for Drom Yehuda

The company’s liquidators published a newspaper advertisement soliciting takeover bids.

Guy Yamin 17 Jan 06 17:25

Five companies have submitted bids to acquire Hatzlahat Yehezkel’s income producing real estate subsidiary Drom Yehuda, whose liquidation was approved not long ago. The liquidators recently published a newspaper advertisement soliciting bids to acquire the company. Participation in the auction requires proof of ability to pay at least $35 million from an accompanying bank, and a NIS 7,500 payment to demonstrate serious intentions.

Five major companies have submitted bids so far. One is Gazit-Globe (TASE: GLOB), managed by CEO Ronen Ashkenazi, which bid $30 million.

Drom Yehuda owns a 6.5-dunam (1.625-acre) corner lot in western Rishon LeZion with 2,900 sq.m. in main and service space. An ACE do-it-yourself (DIY) retail chain outlet currently occupies the property. The lot has 5,800 sq.m. in unused building rights for two upper commercial floors. Assessors valued the property at $3.5 million.

Drom Yehuda also owns a 20,000-sq.m. power center on a 30-dunam (7.5-acre) lot, adjacent to the commercial property leased to ACE. The power center is fully leased to the Cosmos supermarket chain, DIY chain Home Center, and other tenants. This power center has an agreement with the Rishon LeZion municipality guaranteeing its rights to build 25,000 sq.m. of office space. Assessors estimate the value of the power center at $35 million.

The 18,000-sq.m. first stage of a second power center is now being built on a 35-dunam (8.75-acre) lot on a Drom Yehuda-owned property on Avraham Bar St. in the new Rishon LeZion industrial zone.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on January 17, 2006
Old January 21st, 2006, 06:40 PM   #339
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000052268
Israel Railways prepares to sue Bombardier for €10m

Cracks have appeared in rolling stock supplied by Bombardier for the upgraded Jerusale-Tel Aviv line.

Gal Nissim 19 Jan 06 14:48

Israel Railways is preparing to file a €10 million lawsuit against Canadian rolling stock maker Bombardier (TSX:BBD). Israel Railways accuses Bombardier of delivering faulty carriages for the upgraded Tel Aviv-Jerusalem line through Beit Shemesh.

Israel Railways chairman Moshe Leon recently ordered the company’s legal department to prepare to file the lawsuit. Israel Railways estimates that it suffered at least €10 million in damages. The lawsuit will reportedly be filed in a Dutch court, on the basis of commercial contracts between Israel Railways and Bombardier.

At its last board meeting, Israel Railways announced that it planned to sue Bombardier. A legal opinion prepared for Israel Railways stated that there is no link between the track infrastructure and the cracks discovered in the carriages, which were caused by the low manufacturing quality of the carriages.

In 2004, Bombardier delivered used IC3 carriages for operation on the rebuilt railway line to Jerusalem. The company was required to customize the carriages ordered specifically for this line, after it was sent detailed geometric data on the track. Bombardier confirmed that the carriages were customized for use on the line.

In 2005, cracks and faults were discovered in the carriages. Bombardier claims that they were caused by the quality of the track, which caused greater than permitted overloads.

Israel Railways board says the lawsuit will be filed shortly. Earlier this week, Bombardier announced that it would file a court appeal against Israel Railways’ selection of Siemens (NYSE:SI; XETRA:SIE) to supply railway carriages in a tender likely to reach €900 million.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 19, 2006
Old January 21st, 2006, 11:34 PM   #340
Hebrewtext

Newe Tsedeq tower and the Discount bank tower today

Yoo towers today

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed

Tags
tel aviv