daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2006, 11:39 PM   #341
ZOHAR
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 43

just wonderful!

I could never leave Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv house anthem)

Tel Aviv is a RAINBOW in the Middle East.

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
ZOHAR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2006, 03:31 AM   #342
Kappa21

Likes (Received): 1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000052268
Israel Railways prepares to sue Bombardier for €10m

Cracks have appeared in rolling stock supplied by Bombardier for the upgraded Jerusale-Tel Aviv line.

Gal Nissim 19 Jan 06 14:48

Israel Railways is preparing to file a €10 million lawsuit against Canadian rolling stock maker Bombardier (TSX:BBD). Israel Railways accuses Bombardier of delivering faulty carriages for the upgraded Tel Aviv-Jerusalem line through Beit Shemesh.
Those Damn Canadians
I can forecast Anti-semetism jumping 20% now, because of this lawsuit
Kappa21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:16 PM   #343
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000053378
Bids for Country Club lot rising

Canada-Israel Development Corp. and Ronny Maneh plan to jointly offer $45 million. Adi Kaizman is reportedly offering $43 million.

Guy Yamin 23 Jan 06 15:05

Canada-Israel Development Corp. and real estate broker Ronny Maneh plan to jointly offer $45 million for the Country Club lot, west of Glilot Junction, owned by Azorim Investment, Development and Construction Ltd. (TASE: AZRM) and Isal-Amlat Investments Ltd. (TASE:ISAL). Businessman Adi Kaizman, the husband of Strauss-Elite group chairperson Ofra Lahat-Strauss, is also negotiating to buy the lot. Industry sources believe that he will offer $43 million for it.

Canada-Israel and Maneh recently offered Ofer Brothers $40 million for its lot in the Herzliya Pituah Marina. Ofer Brothers ultimately sold the lot, slated for 336 apartments, to developer Ronny Yitzhaki for $48 million.

Canada-Israel also recently bid for Lot 11 in Tel Aviv’s luxury Park Zameret neighborhood, zoned for a high-rise with 164 apartments.

“Globes” recently reported that Iranian-born US-Jewish billionaires Younes and Izak Parviz Nazarianwere negotiating to buy the Country Club lot for $42.5 million.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 23, 2006
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:28 PM   #344
ZOHAR
DAMNED

new downtown area for Tel Aviv

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #345
Hebrewtext

Likes (Received): 2940

80 skyscrapers are planned (40 FL. - 102 FL.),some approved ,for Tel Aviv and more towers in TA metro area in Ramat Gan and in Givataym

Manhatten tower 42 fl. under construction.
next to Yoo towers (on the left), part of 11 towers neighbourhood.

230+ towers built & U.C

129+ towers approved

100 towers proposed

Last edited by Hebrewtext; February 1st, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
Hebrewtext está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #346
ZOHAR
DAMNED

12towers...

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #347
ZOHAR
DAMNED

new tower for Tel Aviv
30f

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old January 25th, 2006, 03:26 AM   #348
RobinBad

Likes (Received): 0

the Manhattan building is impressive!
Old January 26th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #349
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...054511&fid=942
Petitions may delay Tel Aviv wholesale market development

Two groups of merchants seek injunctions against orders to vacate the market.

Sapir Peretz 25 Jan 06 17:22

The vacating of the Tel Aviv wholesale market, scheduled for the end of February, is liable to be delayed by petitions for injunctions filed by merchants in the market and nearby. Two groups of merchants are involved. One group comprises 22 merchants in Building C, who have not reached a settlement with the Tel Aviv municipality on vacating the premises, and have petitioned the High Court of Justice on the matter.

The second group of four wholesalers, who do not belong to the wholesale market, is due to appeal to the courts tomorrow for an injunction against vacating the market. These wholesalers occupy a building whose only access is through the market, which will be blocked when the market is vacated.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 25, 2006
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #350
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000055274
ZMH to start new $14m north Tel Aviv housing project

Altogether ZMH Hammerman is building 366 apartments in north Tel Aviv for an estimated NIS 250 million.

Guy Yamin 29 Jan 06 12:30

ZMH Hammerman Ltd. has signed a contract to build the fourth stage of its new Project Gimmel in north Tel Aviv. Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (TASE:AFIL; Pink Sheets:AFIVY) and Shikun Ovdim Ltd. own the project. The fourth stage of Project Gimmel involves 94 apartments in two high-rises, to be built at an estimated cost of $14 million.

The first three stages of Project Gimmel had 131 apartments. ZMH is also building the seaside Kochav Aviv project and Kochav Gimmel project in the large block in north Tel Aviv. Kochav Aviv comprises 46 apartments in two eight-storey buildings. Over 60% of the apartments have been sold, and are scheduled to be occupied in March 2006. Kochav Gimmel comprises 25 apartments in a ten-storey high-rise.

ZMH is also building 40 apartments in two seven-storey buildings in the large block for a private group.

Altogether ZMH is building 366 apartments in north Tel Aviv for an estimated NIS 250 million.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 29, 2006
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #351
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000055278
SAP Labs Israel expands rented space in Ra’anana

The company, which already rents 11,000 sq.m. in the Eliahu Yitzhaki Building, has rented 6,000 sq.m. from Ra’anana High-Tech Park, and will occupy an additional 6,000 sq.m. in 2007.

Guy Yamin 29 Jan 06 12:38

SAP Labs Israel, a development unit of SAP (NYSE; LSE:SAP; XETRA:SAPG), is expanding its activities and premises in Ra’anana. The company, which currently rents 11,000 sq.m. for its development center in the Eliahu Yitzhaki Building in Ra’anana, will rent 6,000 sq.m. in an adjacent building to be built by Eliahu Yitzhaki, and occupy the new premises during the third quarter of 2007, under a five-year lease.

In addition, SAP Labs Israel has rented 6,000 sq.m. in a third building above a commercial center from Ra’anana High-Tech Park, jointly owned by the Ganden group and Electra Ltd. (TASE: ELTR).

SAP Labs Israel currently has 750 employees.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 29, 2006
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:57 PM   #352
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/
Nazarian buys Tel Aviv country club lot for $44.5m

Isal Amat and Azorim Investment will make a $10.5 million capital gain on the sale.

Guy Yamin 31 Jan 06 12:53

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Iranian-born American-Jewish billionaire Izak Parviz Nazarian today bought the Tel Aviv country club lot, located west of the Glilot Junction, for $44.5 million. This is Nazarian’s first investment in Israel.

Businessman Adi Kaizman offered $43 million for the lot. Canada-Israel Development Corp. and real estate broker Ronny Maneh had considered jointly offering $45 million, but apparently withdrew the offer.

Isal-Amlat Investments Ltd. (TASE:ISAL), controlled by Yitzhak Tshuva’s son-in-law Ron Alroy, and IDB Holding Corp. Ltd. (TASE:IDBH) subsidiary Azorim Investment, Development and Construction Ltd. (TASE: AZRM) own the country club lot. Azorim, managed by CEO David Lev, published a tender for the lot a month ago, at a minimum price of $39 million.

The 110-dunam (27.5-acre) beachfront adjacent lot (on the second line of development) is zoned for 300 luxury housing units of 120 sq.m. each under the Urban Building Plan (UBP). In addition, 40,000 sq.m. of commercial space facing the coastal road can be built on the site. The Tel Aviv municipality owns a large proportion of the income-producing space.

Real estate sources said that the land was attractive, since most of the apartments will have a sea view. At the same time, it appears that previous negotiations failed because of the large betterment tax that must be paid to the Tel Aviv municipality for any sale to go through. The tax is estimated at $10 million.

Isal and Azorim, which bought the land 12 years ago, will post a capital gain, since the land is listed in their books at a value of $34 million. They will make a $10.5 million capital gain on the sale.

Izak Parviz Nazarian (74) and his brother, Younes, are among the wealthiest Iranian-born Jews in the world, with a family fortune estimated at several billion dollars. The Nazarians had earlier negotiated with the Ministry of Finance to acquire the controlling interest in Israel Discount Bank (TASE: DSCT).

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on January 31, 2006
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:24 PM   #353
TalB
Refugee

Namdar, Peled plan $18m Tel Aviv luxury high-rise

They plan to increase the building rights to the Dizengoff-Frishman lot to 25 stories. Estimated proceeds from the project are $50 million.

Roy Meltzer 1 Feb 06 16:30

Sources inform "Globes" that Avraham Namdar and Roni Peled plan to build a luxury 25-storey residential high-rise at the corner of Dizengoff St. and Frishman St. in Tel Aviv at an investment of $18 million. The project will be carried out by Euro Sat Investments Ltd. (TASE:ERST), after Namdar and Peled finish taking over the stock market shell, which is expected shortly. Namdar and Peled will probably finance the project by raising money from the public through Euro Sat, and with bank credit.

Euro Sat today notified the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) that the property, which Namdar and Peled recently purchased, will be transferred to the company in trust, subject to an agreement for the transfer of control and a private placement to Namdar and Peled, which is planned as part of the takeover. Namdar and Peled bought the property for $15 million from a receiver appointed by Israel Discount Bank (TASE: DSCT). Euro Sat added that Namdar and Peled had already paid $1.5 million for the property, and were expected to pay the balance upon delivery.

The Dixengoff-Frishman lot has been known for years as “the pit”, after CS Center Investments Ltd., owned by Eliahu and Ezra Kahtan, was unable to complete the ambitious real estate project. Construction halted after the foundations were dug and the six underground parking floors were built.

Discount Bank was forced to write off NIS 265 million on its loan for the project. This amount comprised of NIS 332 million in Center Investments’ guarantees to the bank, less the NIS 65 million Namdar and Peled paid the receiver for the property.

The property currently has 10,000 sq.m. in building rights, for seventeen residential floors (about 100 apartments), three office floors and a commercial floor. Namdar and Peled want to increase the lot’s building rights to 25 residential floors, including four penthouses, and to convert the project into luxury residences.

Namdar and Peled reportedly plan to invest $12-18 million in construction, depending on the building rights they obtain. The building’s apartments will reportedly be sold for $4,000-8,000 per sq.m., and proceeds from the project are estimated at $50 million.

After completing their expected takeover of Euro Sat (formerly Tal Cables) in a few weeks, Namdar and Peled plan to make a number of real estate investments, including the Dizengoff-Frishman project. They plan to invest NIS 12 million in acquiring 63% of Euro Sat. Euro Sat has a current market cap of NIS 22 million, following a 160% rise in the company’s share price since the beginning of the year, when it was reported that Namdar and Peled planned to take it over and convert it into a real estate investment company.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on February 1, 2006
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:27 PM   #354
TalB
Refugee

Ofer cancels $20m donation to Tel Aviv Art Museum

Aviva and Sammy Ofer: We can't bear the idea that our desire to help caused a slander campaign.

Globes’ correspondent 1 Feb 06 15:32

Businessman Sammy Ofer is canceling his $20 million donation for construction of a new wing of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. Ofer and his wife, Aviva, published the cancellation in the “Ha’aretz” Hebrew daily in an announcement entitled, “Excuse Me for Wanting to Donate.” They wrote that, in view of the campaign of defamation against them, the Tel Aviv municipality, and the museum’s management, they had decided to end the affair, and were withdrawing their donation.

Ofer made his hefty contribution contingent on construction of a new museum wing, at an estimated cost of $45 million, and on adding his wife’s name and his own to the museum’s title. Although the Tel Aviv City Council and the museum’s management approved this, it caused a major controversy. “A small group of slander campaign managers stopped at nothing to besmirch our names. Instead of gratitude, they responded with ingratitude,” the Ofers complained. “Unfortunately, we can no longer bear the thought that an act stemming solely from a desire to help is causing an ugly campaign of defamation. There is a limit to what human beings can bear -- making a huge and unprecedented donation for the benefit of Israeli art, and being maligned for our pains. We therefore have no further interest in making a donation, and we have decided to relieve those concerned about our donation and names, which they found so disturbing.”

The Ofers went on to say that they expected that “the organizers of the vocal and vociferous campaign” to collect the money themselves, as they had said they would. For their part, the Ofers are willing to contribute to such a fundraising campaign. “If they do not do so, history will judge their deeds, and determine whether benefiting art was really their motive,” they wrote.

Measures taken to prevent a change in the museum’s name included an appeal to the State Comptroller to examine the propriety of the agreement between Ofer and the museum, an administrative petition against the agreement filed by Tel Aviv municipality council member Gila Hertz, and a petition with thousands of signatures. The Israel Council of Museums asked the Ministry of Internal Affairs to suspend its approval, pending professional consideration of the matter.

The Marc Rich Foundation in Israel, founded by Mark Rich, who previously made a donation for construction of the wing in memory of Gabriela Rich, recently announced that it would freeze millions of dollars that it had planned to donate to the museum.

The museum said in response, “The Tel Aviv Museum of Art thanks Sammy and Aviva Ofer for their generosity, and greatly regrets their decision to cancel their $20 million donation towards a new museum wing. Such a rare opportunity created by the good will of the donor and the Tel Aviv municipality was missed because of narrow-mindedness and unfounded claims. It is particularly painful that such a welcome attempt to present Israeli art in a broad and historically coherent way encountered severe and irrelevant criticism, which led the donors to cancel their donation. Nevertheless, we believe that, with the help of joint efforts by all the museum’s donors and lovers of Israeli art, we will succeed in finding the resources to face this important challenge.”

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on February 1, 2006
Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:54 PM   #355
TalB
Refugee

Tel Aviv country club sold to Canada Israel after all

The buyer will pay Azorim and Isal Amat $45 million, and build a gated luxury neighborhood and a 40,000-sq.m. shopping center.

Guy Yamin 2 Feb 06 17:14

Sources inform "Globes" that, after intense nightlong negotiations, Canada-Israel Development Corp. bought the Tel Aviv country club site for $45 million, not including VAT. Canada-Israel will also pay $10 million in betterment tax. The country club is located west of the Glilot intersection. Canada-Israel, owned by Barak Rosen, Asaf Tochmair, and Raz Noyman, beat Izak Parviz Nazarian in the tender. The sellers are IDB Holding Corp. (TASE: IDBH) subsidiary Azorim Investment, Development and Construction (TASE: AZRM) and Isal-Amlat Investments Ltd. (TASE: ISAL), controlled by Ron Alroy, Yitzhak Tshuva’s son-in-law.

As of last night, Nazarian’s $44.5 million bid was highest, and a draft agreement was being prepared. The parties disagreed on a number of sections, however, and negotiations continued into the night.

Canada-Israel exploited the deadlock in the negotiations to top Nazarian’s bid by $500,000, which decided the contest in its favor. Adi Kaizman bid $43 million for the property.

Canada-Israel has partners in the acquisition. These are probably the Sheratzki family, which controls Ituran Location and Control Ltd. (Nasdaq: ITRN); TASE: ITRN), and diamond merchant Tsahi Arbov.

The group plans to built a gated luxury neighborhood on the site, to be designed by a foreign architect. The group will also build another new neighborhood and a 40,000-sq.m. shopping center nearby. The Tel Aviv municipality owns a large proportion of the income-producing space, and the group will probably buy the municipality’s share.

The site occupies 110 dunam (27.5 acres), and is beachfront adjacent (on the second line of development). A residential project is planned west of the site. Under the Urban Building Plan (UBP), the country club site is zoned for 300 luxury housing units of 120 sq.m. each.

Canada-Israel is currently involved in a number of luxury projects in Israel and overseas. The company recently won headlines when it acquired stock exchange shell 3 Pen Technologies Ltd. (TASE: PNTC) for $217,000.

Rosen and Tochmair’s most recent deal included the purchase of the site of the Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel in Kfar Shmaryahu for $21 million.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on February 2, 2006
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM   #356
TalB
Refugee

It's time for some more updates on Tel Aviv buildings for those who don't frequent the Israel fourm.

Neve Tzedek Tower

Ampa Business Ctr

Or Towers

Hevaret Hashmal (rennovation)

Hashmal St

Yavenne St (rennovation)

Old February 6th, 2006, 03:45 AM   #357
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000057767
Boymelgreen offers $46m for Tel Aviv’s old Assuta compound

The compound is zoned for 180 apartments in a 35-storey high-rise, plus 40 apartments in the Assuta Hospital’s existing buildings, and 2,400 sq.m. of commercial space.

Guy Yamin 5 Feb 06 12:17

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Shaya Boymelgreen is in advanced negotiations to buy Assuta Medical Centers Ltd. old compound on Jabotinsky St., Tel Aviv, owned by Gad Zeevi. The deal will reportedly total $46 million. Boymelgreen is the partner of Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (TASE:AFIL; Pink Sheets:AFIVY) controlling shareholder Lev Leviev in real estate developments in the US.

Under the plan recently deposited with the Tel Aviv Regional Planning and Building Council, the Assuta compound is zoned for 180 apartments in a 24,000-sq.m. 35-storey high-rise, plus another 40 apartments in the Assuta Hospital’s existing buildings, and 2,400 sq.m. of commercial space.

The development is being promoted by Mirage Israel Development Ltd., owned by Zeevi, and Dag Hacesef Assets & Buildings (1992) Ltd., Dan Goldstein and Jack (Yaki) Dunietz. Zeevi recently received three offers, averaging $45 million, for the compound, subject to approval of the new urban building plan (UBP) for the site.

The Tel Aviv Local Planning and Building Council has approved the UBP, but many objections are expected to be filed with the Tel Aviv Regional Planning and Building Council by local residents. The residents fear that a shortage of parking in the area caused by the project will lower property values.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on February 5, 2006
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:48 AM   #358
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000057788
Dankner negotiating sale of 50% of Ra’anana’s Ganden Park for $30m

Emblaze and SAP rent the two buildings up for sale. Ganden also wants to sell the adjacent empty lot.

Guy Yamin 5 Feb 06 12:24

Ganden Investments (1999) Ltd., controlled by Nochi Dankner, is negotiating to sell its rights in the Ganden Park in the Ra’anana industrial zone. Ganden owns 50% of two office buildings and 36,000 sq.m. in building rights for additional buildings on the adjacent lot. Electra Real Estate Ltd. (TASE:ELCRE) owns the other half of the existing buildings, but will presumably not exercise its first refusal rights.

Ganden is asking $30 million: $19 million for the two buildings leased to Emblaze Ltd. (LSE: BLZ) and SAP AG (NYSE; LSE: SAP; XETRA:SAPG), and $11 million for the adjacent 15-dunam (3.75-acre) empty lot. The buyer will have to pay $2 million in betterment tax.

Market opinion is divided about the attractiveness of the buildings. The larger 12,500-sq.m. building was leased to Emblaze in 2000 at $16 per sq.m. per month, index-linked in a ten-year lease. Emblaze has been reducing its activities, and has sublet large parts of the building. The smaller 6,000-sq.m. building is considered a better deal, since SAP, considered a stable and growing company, rented it last month at $13.60 per sq.m. per month, index-linked in a ten-year lease.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on February 5, 2006
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #359
Kappa21

Likes (Received): 1157

Ampa busines centre...
is that the business centre that is 65 floors?
Kappa21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #360
ZOHAR
DAMNED

no it's 11 floors, 65floors is still on hold

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)

Tags
tel aviv