daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #421
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/
Tel Aviv wholesale market to close tomorrow

The Tel Aviv municipality is planning the 1,600-apartment and commercial Kikar HaShuk complex for the site.

Sapir Peretz 26 Apr 06 14:28

The moment of truth has arrived. The Tel Aviv wholesale produce market, located between Carlebach St., Petah Tikva St. and Hashmonaim St., will close tomorrow for the last time at 5 pm.

The Tel Aviv wholesale market was scheduled to close on February 28, but the Tel Aviv municipality was forced to postpone the date by two months because the alternative wholesale market at Zerifin, which is supposed to absorb the Tel Aviv wholesalers, was not ready. Tel Aviv municipality director general Menachem Leibe has notified 22 Tel Aviv wholesale market traders that the market will be closed down on April 27.

The traders, who oppose the move to Zerifin, announced today that they would not move.

Kikar Hashuk manager Zvi Somekh said on behalf of the Tel Aviv municipality that he saw no reason to stop the closure of the wholesale market. Kikar Hashuk is the luxury residential project due to built on the site.

Vacating the Tel Aviv wholesale market has been under discussion for decades, and went into high gear in 1989, when the leases of some traders in the market expired. The Tel Aviv municipality wants the 50-dunam (12.5-acre) market site for the Kikar Hashuk residential project, but has not been able to reach an agreement with the market’s traders who are demanding an alternative site, due to be built at Messubim Junction outside Tel Aviv, or fair compensation. Material disagreements arose at the outset of negotiations, and the subject soon ended up in court.

A group of wholesale market traders claim their leases are protected, and are demanding an average compensation of $500,000 per trader. The Tel Aviv municipality claims that the leases are not protected, and the tenants are ineligible for compensation. However, in order to expedite construction of commercial space and 1,600 housing units on the site, the municipality has offered $160,000 in compensation to each trader. The traders have ridiculed this figure.

Negotiations between the parties have been called off, and the traders’ request for the courts for an injunction to block the vacating of the wholesale market has not been heard yet.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on April 26, 2006

© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd. 2006

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #422
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/
It’s official: 2nd IKEA Israel to open in Rishon LeZion

Matthew Bronfman will invest $20 million in the store and adjacent commercial center.

Vered Sharon-Rivlin 26 Apr 06 12:07

After reviewing a number of sites for the second IKEA store in Israel, it is now official: IKEA Israel owner Matthew Bronfman has won an Israel Land Administration (ILA) tender for a site for the store and accompanying commercial center.

Bronfman will buy a 100-dunam (25-acre) lot in the Soreq triangle area in southern Rishon LeZion. The IKEA store will cover 35,000 sq.m., and a commercial center will be built on the rest of the lot at an estimated investment of $20 million.

IKEA Israel had considered a 100-dunam (25-acre) site in Argaman lot in the Yavne industrial zone, and a lot in the Holon industrial zone. The idea is to exploit the movement of shoppers at IKEA to generate revenue at a complete commercial zone. IKEA Israel will lease properties to various retail businesses for this purpose.

Ganden and , Tiv Taam Hacarmel Holdings Ltd. have built stores near first IKEA store at the Poleg junction in southern Netanya, in order to exploit the shopper traffic generated by IKEA. Bronfman wants to benefit personally from the same traffic at the second store, by being the landowner. He will presumably build a commercial center anchored by Blue Square Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI; TASE: BSI), and a branch of Israel Discount Bank (TASE: DSCT), both of which he is a controlling shareholder.

Bronfman plans to open the second IKEA Israel store by the end of 2007, at an investment of $10 million.

Bronfman acquired IKEA Israel last year from Co-Op Blue Square Consumer Cooperative Society (Co-Op) and Albert Gnat at a value of NIS 219 million. IKEA Israel posted a net profit of NIS 35 million on NIS 345 million in sales in 2004. The second store is expected to boost the company’s revenue to NIS 500 million.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on April 26, 2006

Old April 26th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #423
Kappa21

Likes (Received): 1157

Well thats good

I just care that Ashdod didnt get it

this will be big in the gush dan area
Kappa21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #424
JIM CARREY
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

NEW FROM Azrieli 3

Last edited by JIM CARREY; April 27th, 2006 at 02:49 AM.
JIM CARREY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #425
ZOHAR
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 43

Sde dov airbase will be moved to a man-made island, and a huge residential are will be built instead on 1300 dunams.

The airbase has to be moved to also allow for a mini-city of skyscrapers - to lift height restrictions to allow for taller towers and luxury beach hotels, in a huge project worth $20 billion, and also because of noise complaints by current residents in north tel aviv.

The airbase will move in seven years. The island will include a 4000 sqm terminal, not known if it will be a second international airport that will compete with natbag. The new airport construction will cost $1 billion.

The island will be built 1.5 kilometers from the sea, where glilot interchange is, and will be linked by a highway from there.

new transport minister Mofaz will give it "national priority" status, and it will be approved in a few months.

I could never leave Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv house anthem)

Tel Aviv is a RAINBOW in the Middle East.

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
ZOHAR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #426
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks for the pics-

Definitely some great projects underway in Tel Aviv- as well as some great completed ones- I didn't realise that the city was as dense as it is- maybe its just the vantage point, but looks great- especially with coastline in the background.

p5
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #427
JIM CARREY
BANNED

MORE FROM TLV
**** u arabs

Last edited by JIM CARREY; July 18th, 2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #428
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

Wow good news thanks guys...
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #429
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...088750&fid=942
Tel Aviv Planning C’tee approves 21-storey Rothschild-Herzl tower

Two buildings adjacent to the new tower will be preserved, financed by transferring building rights to the tower.

Guy Yamin 7 May 06 13:55

A Tel Aviv Regional Planning and Building Commission subcommittee has approved plans for. 21-storey tower at the corner of Rothschild St. and Herzl St., as well as the preservation of five buildings on Rothschild St. The tower will be for mixed office, commercial and residential use in 17,000 sq.m. of main space and 19,700 sq.m. of service space.

Two buildings adjacent to the new tower, one of Allenby St. and the other on Segula St., will be renovated. The remaining building rights on the secondary lots were not exploited and transferred to the main lot, in order to finance the preservation of the buildings.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on May 7, 2006

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #430
Max the Swede
Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

The boardwalk looks great!
Max the Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #431
ZOHAR
DAMNED

agree

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #432
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000090118
Tidhar buys Tel Aviv’s Beit Lessin site for $38m

The company will pay half in cash, and half in a combination deal. The site is zoned for a 31-storey high-rise.

Guy Yamin 10 May 06 15:46

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Tidhar Construction Ltd. has bought the Beit Lessin site on Weizmann St., Tel Aviv, from the Rahamim family of the UK for $38 million. Tidhar, owned by co-CEOs Gil Geba and Arie Becker, Kobi Rogovin and US investors, bought a nine-dunam (1.75-acre) prime location lot occupied by the Lessin Theater and several three-storey buildings.

Tidhar will pay half the price in cash, and the rest in a combination deal, under which the Rachamim family will receive apartments worth $19 million in the project planned for the site.

In 2004, the Tel Aviv Local Planning and Building Commission approved a 31-storey high-rise and an 800-place partly underground parking garage for the site, reflecting 300% building rights, subject to demolition of some of the present structures. The Urban Building Plan (UBP) defines the lot as “brown area” zoned for public use.

Under the plan, 26,820 sq.m. of residential space and 3,130 sq.m. of commercial, office and public space will be built.

Over the past two years, the Tel Aviv municipality and landowners have been promoting a site-specific UBP for the lot with 450% building rights. The Tel Aviv Regional Planning and Building Commission is now discussing the application for the change.

Ownership of the Beit Lessin lot has already changed hands twice in recent years. The Histadrut (General Federation of Labor in Israel) sold the lot, including future building rights, to a group of investors for $14.2 million in 1999. Then State Comptroller Eliezer Goldberg sharply criticized the Histadrut for selling the lot without a tender. A few years later, the lot was again sold to the Rachamim family. The sellers made a profit of a few million dollars. Today, with the Tel Aviv luxury residential market at a peak, the lot has been sold for a third time, this time at a huge profit.

Tidhar is seeking a partner for the deal, in order to reduce its risk and financing costs.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on May 10, 2006

Old May 15th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #433
JIM CARREY
BANNED

Park Tzameret Tel Aviv

bezek tower

Park Towers

A Gateway to Tel Aviv

Old May 17th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #434
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000091706
Mercury Interactive to build 8 storeys in Yehud

The company already has two buildings in the area.

Guy Yamin 15 May 06 13:32

Mercury Interactive Corp. (Pink Sheets:MERQ) will build an eight-storey office building in the Yehud industrial zone, east of Tel Aviv. The company already has two buildings in the area.

The local planning and building commission changed the character of the Yehud industrial zone with this decision; until now only three-storey buildings were approved. Yehud-Monoson Mayor Yossi Ben-David has said more than once that he wanted to turn the town’s industrial zone into one resembling Kiryat Atidim in Tel Aviv.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on May 15, 2006

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #435
TalB
Refugee

Recent shots of the Neve Tzedek and Bank Discount Towers by dov.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM   #436
ZOHAR
DAMNED

New tower for Tel Aviv in Rotchild-Nehalat Benjamin st.

17F
[IMG]http://i4.************/10ercc3.jpg[/IMG]

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #437
TalB
Refugee

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...094977&fid=942
Ampa in talks to sell Tel Aviv lot for $45m

A Texas company wants to build a 50-storey tower on the site for $80-85 million.

Guy Yamin 23 May 06 16:29

Sources inform ''Globes'' that Ampa Real Estate Ltd. is in advanced negotiations with a Houston, Texas, developer to sell a lot in the Amcor compound on Yigal Allon St., Tel Aviv, slated for a 50-storey skyscraper. The Texas company is offering $45 million.

The lot is located next to Beit Ampa, whose construction and marketing are almost complete. If the Texas company, owned by five foreign investors, buys the lot, it will build a 50-storey skyscraper on it, at an additional investment of $80-85 million, bring the investment to $130 million.

Ampa Real Estate, owned by the Nakash brothers and the Fogel brothers, is the sole owner of the 25-dunam (6.25-acre) lot, which is being offered a very attractive price, given its location.

MAN Properties agent Haim Toronto, who specializes in marketing offices in central Israel, said that if a deal is concluded, the building would probably be built in four years, and it would be marketed in a completely different market. “There is almost no supply of offices in the area now. Azrieli’s Canit Hashalom Investments, for example, has changed the use of the Square Tower to a hotel. In my opinion, in four years time, the most serious competition to the foreign group will be the Diamond Exchange compound in Ramat Gan. Kobi Rogovin is planning to build a large office building there, and other developers are also sensing a revival in the office market.”

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes.co.il - on May 23, 2006

Old May 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #438
ZOHAR
DAMNED

Azrieli 3 tower
[IMG]http://i4.************/110dw05.jpg[/IMG]

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:24 AM   #439
raph93
Involved

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk
That's great news. Do you have pics of the construction?
i was in Tel Aviv last week, I when i return to airport on sunday, i saw the beginning of the construction when the train passed near the Ashalom station. I wonder if it really was the Azrieli Third Tower, now I have the confirmation thanks to this forum, morever the Tower has a square shape, so it's the good one!
raph93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:28 AM   #440
ZOHAR
DAMNED

wooow nice...did u like Tel Aviv?
where are u from?

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)

Tags
tel aviv