daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:02 PM   #661
musang
abed

Likes (Received): 25

^ this union people, tho not all of them, r afraid of competition la.. y cant they view it from other perspective?
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM   #662
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 240

musang..agree..most of the MAESU's statements are totally crap...esp this one...remember last year when they keep on pressuring MAS to cancel A380 orders? and now this? they just need to keep their mouth shout..no one really pays attention to them anyway...the open skies policy is the best thing that could happen to ASEAN..and to MAS as well...
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #663
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 7

MAS is fast securing bookings before Air Asia X starts flying .

IMO,I'd rather fly MAS for long flights coz the excellent inflight entertainment systemkeeps me busy.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #664
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Do any of you guys know if AirAsia has any plans to offer service from the United States in the future? We could really use a low cost long haul carrier in this country.
I doubt it.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #665
Ah! Monterrey
Lo veo y lo debo

Likes (Received): 1296

ISLA MACHUPINES
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #666
OshHisham
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

i cry for those retarded who always ask about 'protection' from government. this Abdul Malek doen't fell ashamed huh?

MAS is far better than AirAsia in term of services. and if some poor peoples feel ok to fly with AirAsia X, so let it be...there are a lot of 'excellent quality-seeking' people who loyal to MAS, and i'm sure MAS will never die...
OshHisham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #667
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshkoshbgood View Post
i cry for those retarded who always ask about 'protection' from government. this Abdul Malek doen't fell ashamed huh?

MAS is far better than AirAsia in term of services. and if some poor peoples feel ok to fly with AirAsia X, so let it be...there are a lot of 'excellent quality-seeking' people who loyal to MAS, and i'm sure MAS will never die...
i dont think the word poor is the right choice my friend...so if i opt for AKx to fly to UK..does it makes me poor? i rather safe rm2000 on my flight to UK alone so i have extra money to go shopping at my fav. portobello road and go sightseeing...
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #668
phenom
The Darkside

Likes (Received): 2

Many "experts" have doubted that the successful LCC models of less than 5 hours flying time could be expended to the vastly different operating matrix of long haul flights.
Well, start ups like Oasis HongKong Airlines is already up and running with the October 2006 launch of its Hk to London route (and with other plans such as Vancouver and California on the cards). Though only time will tell whether Oasis will still be around in the mid to long term, the fact is long haul LCC has arrived.
AirAsia might not have plans to do the US run yet, but who are we to say that it will never happen?
Keep your fingers crossed.
phenom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:41 AM   #669
ravenhawk
BANNED

I had terrible experience with Ais Asia,our flight was CLark-KL,we didnt know that were not allowed to bring food in flight,so we kept our snacks in our chck in luggage,We instead bought a spicy meat with rice,meal with the stewardess instead,plus the drinks,but the servings was so minute and the drinks were served or rather dropped in my table from an elevation of 2feet.
The flight took 4 hours,If it was 1hr domestic flight on Cebu Pacific I could pass the service,but for four agonizing hours of no inflight entertainment,I would rather be detained in Singapore for littering.
I guess that's the price of cringeing money,next time I would rather shed more money for a regular MAS or PAL flight.
Anyway I love KL!!!!!!!
ravenhawk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #670
ravenhawk
BANNED

Quote:
Many "experts" have doubted that the successful LCC models of less than 5 hours flying time could be expended to the vastly different operating matrix of long haul flights.
Well, start ups like Oasis HongKong Airlines is already up and running with the October 2006 launch of its Hk to London route (and with other plans such as Vancouver and California on the cards). Though only time will tell whether Oasis will still be around in the mid to long term, the fact is long haul LCC has arrived.
AirAsia might not have plans to do the US run yet, but who are we to say that it will never happen?
Keep your fingers crossed.
I very much agree,If the flight is simply just an hour or two,a no frills service would probably applicable for most passengers since ascetic flights could simply be ignored upon by the means of taking a nap,but if the flight will be more than 3hours,LCC's must learn to become more sensitive on passenger needs and comfort,I guess Oasis would be a great example,it didnt provide too much amenities like,CX,SG or Emirates,but it provides adequate amenities for long haul passengers.......
ravenhawk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #671
phenom
The Darkside

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenhawk View Post
I had terrible experience with Ais Asia,our flight was CLark-KL,we didnt know that were not allowed to bring food in flight,so we kept our snacks in our chck in luggage,We instead bought a spicy meat with rice,meal with the stewardess instead,plus the drinks,but the servings was so minute and the drinks were served or rather dropped in my table from an elevation of 2feet.
The flight took 4 hours,If it was 1hr domestic flight on Cebu Pacific I could pass the service,but for four agonizing hours of no inflight entertainment,I would rather be detained in Singapore for littering.
I guess that's the price of cringeing money,next time I would rather shed more money for a regular MAS or PAL flight.
Anyway I love KL!!!!!!!
LCCs are not for every Tom, Dick and Harry, or every Jane, Rose and Mary.
Newbies will come down to earth with that bad taste in the mouth, so to speak. Ah, as I've said before elsewhere in this forum, take the negative experience as "paying school fees" (to quote a net buddy of mine).
You pay for what get. You don't get what you didn't pay for.
That being said, let yourself be taken for a ride (pun intended) with your eyes open. Know what you will and will not get. Weigh the price difference and then decide whether you are willing to fork out that X amount of cash to be "pampered" for that few hours or save that bunch of $/Pesos/Ringgit for something else and endure that LOW COST flight.
Make the choice and live with it.
If its bearable, you can encore. If otherwise, you can choose not to fly LCC again.
phenom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #672
paw25694
Batik

Likes (Received): 36

Indonesia Air Asia has a problem with its on time factor.. always lateee... how about Air Asia??
paw25694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #673
rembau1958
Sri Melenggang Naning

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairul View Post
i dont think the word poor is the right choice my friend...so if i opt for AKx to fly to UK..does it makes me poor? i rather safe rm2000 on my flight to UK alone so i have extra money to go shopping at my fav. portobello road and go sightseeing...
After you spend all that dosh in Portobello Road, then you will be poor.

How much is fish and chips in London in RM now? And that is just basic meal. Maybe bring instant mee to supplement.
rembau1958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #674
chrishung

Likes (Received): 8

Maybe budget conscious is the correct term. But honestly on such a long flight I'd rather pay for the extra comfort and service.

Ironically, MAS has the cheapest flight for LA-KL route despite having one of the better service than other carriers.
chrishung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:52 AM   #675
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11249

AirAsia to get nod to use international accounting standards
February 27 2007
BusinessTimes

AIRASIA Bhd, a budget carrier, is likely to report a better set of financial numbers going forward as it gets the green light from the authorities to adopt international accounting standards.

According to sources, the Ministry of Finance has already issued a letter to the the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board (MASB) to allow the airline to use the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).

Such a move would help boost AirAsia's profits as the airline would not have to include tax charges in its books.

This is because under the MASB, the airline is required to include taxes in its accounting, despite the fact that it is exempted from paying them for the next 15 years following an allowance from the Government.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #676
nazrey

KLM And MAS Expand Codeshare Cooperation
February 27, 2007 23:22 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 27 (Bernama) -- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Malaysia Airlines (MAS) are intensifying their codeshare cooperation.

MAS, in a statement Tuesday said that from March 1, KLM passengers on flights between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur would be able to book under KLM flight numbers connecting domestic services operated by MAS between the KL International Airport (KLIA) and Penang, Langkawi, and Kota Kinabalu.

This new arrangement will cover six flights each between KLIA-Penang and KLIA-Kota Kinabalu as well as five flights between KLIA-Langkawi, said the national carrier.

It said the two airlines have worked together successfully since 1998 through a strong commercial cooperation for flights between the two convenient hubs at Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur.

In addition, KLM passengers are also able to codeshare on MAS flights to and from Australia and New Zealand. In its turn, MAS' codeshares with KLM on European flights to and from Schiphol.

"We are very satisfied that we can continuously intensify and extend our successful cooperation with MAS," said KLM's senior vice president Alliances, Hans de Roos.

MAS' airlines commercial director, Datuk Rashid Khan said: "This is an exciting development in our existing code share partnership with KLM. It is consistent with our Business Turnaround Plan."

It is also timely as this arrangement with KLM is likely to boost tourist arrivals to Penang, Langkawi and Kota Kinabalu for the Visit Malaysia Year 2007 as well as improve the load factor on these domestic routes, he said.

Currently MAS operates daily direct services between KLIA and Amsterdam/Schiphol using Boeing B747-400s whilst KLM operates six weekly non-stop services between the Dutch city and KLIA.

Passengers also benefit from the cooperation between the two airlines in terms of frequentflyer programs: KLM passengers are able to accrue and redeem Flying Blue miles on selected MAS operated codeshare flights.

-- BERNAMA
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #677
nazrey

Old February 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #678
nazrey

Special Livery
by Zaki444

image hosted on flickr
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:26 AM   #679
nazrey

AirAsia sees strong growth
March 2 2007
BusinessTimes

Net income will have a double-digit growth in the year ending June 30, says
AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes

AIRASIA Bhd, South-East Asia's largest discount airline, said profit will increase at least 10 per cent this year, as it adds destinations including routes to Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar to meet demand for cheaper travel.

Net income will have a "double-digit" growth in the year ending June 30, AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes said in a telephone interview yesterday from the airline's headquarters in Sepang, outside Kuala Lumpur.

The airline posted a profit of RM127.1 million last year.

AirAsia's "solid" results "should continue although it may be more difficult to hold over fares and strong load factors during the seasonal lull," Damien Horth, an analyst at UBS AG, said in a report yesterday.

AirAsia placed an order for 50 A320 planes from Airbus SAS on January 8 and took options for another 50 to meet higher capacity demand.

While AirAsia has RM613 million of cash, it may still take any opportunity to raise funds if they arise, Fernandes said.

"Right now, it's all debt financing," said Fernandes, who owns 19 per cent of AirAsia.

Still, AirAsia's share price takes into account the airline's "impressive growth story", said Horst, who kept a "reduce" rating on the stock. "Also, the risk profile should be higher over the next few years as capacity growth rates are exceptional."

Meanwhile in a separate interview, AirAsia signalled to its sole engine supplier, General Electric Co yesterday that it would buy a rival engine next time around if GE could not deliver at the right price.

AirAsia has so far favoured CFM International, a joint venture between General Electric Co and Safran unit Snecma, to power its rapidly expanding Airbus fleet.

But the airline's chief executive said he was considering both CFM and rival International Aero Engines (IAE) for an order of 100 engines to power another 50 A320s currently on order.

IAE is a consortium of United Technologies Corp unit Pratt & Whitney, Britain's Rolls-Royce plc, Japanese Aero Engines Corp and Germany's MTU Aero Engines.

AirAsia has so far chosen the CFM56-5B engine, with a list price of about US$6 million (RM21.06 million) each, for its new A320s. - Bloomberg, Reuters
Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM   #680
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

Thai AirAsia To Fly Daily To Xiamen, China

BANGKOK, March 2 (Bernama) -- Thai AirAsia will fly daily to Xiamen in China beginning March 25 as it increases its flight from four a week to better serve its fast-growing number of passengers, chief executive officer, Tassapon Bijleveld said.

He said the increase in flight frequency comes less than two years after the airline began flying to Xiamen.

The Bangkok-Xiamen route, which opened in April 2005, enjoyed an average load factor of 85 percent last year, he said in a statement.

"Our decision to fly to Xiamen daily will accommodate the strong demand in the Bangkok-Xiamen route. Travel between these two cities continue to increase in popularity," he said.

Xiamen, dubbed as China's Garden by the Sea, is among Asia's most famous cities and offer visitors a wonderful mix of spectacular natural sceneries and vibrant city entertainment.

To match the increased flight frequency, Tassapon said Thai AirAsia would offer low airfare for travel between the two cities.

The three-year-old airline, which carried three million passengers last year, is also offering 20,000 seats under its latest promotion designed for traveling families this summer.

It offers low airfares for domestic destinations and international travel, with local routes starting at 299 Baht for travel between March 19 and April 27 this year.

For international routes, the fare, excluding tax, starts at 499 Baht (US$15/RM49.99) to Phnom Penh, Penang and Langkawi, 699 Baht (S$29.99) to Singapore and 899 baht (CNY 198 /MOP 199) to Xiamen and Macau.

The subsidiary of Malaysia's AirAsia currently flies to nine domestic routes in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Hatyai, Krabi, Narathiwat, Phuket, Surat Thani, Ubon Ratchathani and Udon Thani while its 10 overseas destinations includes Xiamen, Macau, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and Singapore.

-- BERNAMA

Tags
malaysia, oneworld, southeast asian airlines