daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #4321
_00_deathscar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,047
Likes (Received): 217

That's a fantastic collection Myouzke.
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM   #4322
aseania
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Songkhla
Posts: 68
Likes (Received): 0

Saigon

city of the southern Vietnam...a must see destination i must say...

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
aseania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM   #4323
Ribarca
Registered User
 
Ribarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 6,611
Likes (Received): 3273

Quote:
Originally Posted by _00_deathscar View Post
That's a fantastic collection Myouzke.
Definitely. Fantastic cityscapes!
__________________
Drive away these people
Who are so conceited and so contemptuous


Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:40 AM   #4324
patchay
Registered User
 
patchay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Brisbane
Posts: 13,445
Likes (Received): 1521

2009 TOP 20 ASIA'S LARGEST / BEST SKYLINE
Source: http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html

>>> 10 out of the 20 are in China

>>> City / Skyline Merit Points / Number of Buildings > 90m / Tallest Building

1. Hong Kong (including Kowloon) / 84,922 / 3,018 / International Commerce Centre (484m)

2. Tokyo (including Kawaguchi, Kawasaki, Ichikawa) / 19,670 / 636 / Mid Town Tower (248m)

3. Shanghai / 18,129 / 539 / Shanghai World Financial Center (492m)

4. Dubai / 15,262 / 263 / Burj Dubai (818m)

5. Bangkok / 13,375 / 421 / Baiyoke Tower II (304m)

6. Guangzhou / 10,368 / 342 / Guangzhou Twin Tower, West Tower (437m)

7. Chongqing / 8,849 / 357 / Chongqing World Trade Center (283m)

8. Shenzhen / 7,923 / 240 / Shun Hing Square (384m)

9. Singapore / 7,697 / 329 / Republic Plaza (280m)

10. Kuala Lumpur (including Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya) / 7,674 / 221 / Petronas Tower 1 (452m)

11. Seoul / 7,195 / 264 / Tower Palace Three, Tower G (264m)

12. Manila (including Makati, Ortigas, Mandaluyong, Pasig) / 6,598 / 175 / PBCOM Tower (259m)

13. Jakarta / 5,590 / 180 / Wisma 46 (250m)

14. Osaka (including Sakai, Amagasaka) / 5,473 / 149 / Osaka World Trade Center (252m)

15. Beijing / 5,371 / 258 / China World Trade Center Tower 3 (330m)

16. Nanjing / 4,903 / 98 / Nanjing Greenland Financial Center (380m)

17. Wuhan / 2,959 / 155 / Minsheng Bank Building (331m)

18. Dalian / 2,859 / 83 / Dalian Futures Square Tower 1 (263m)

19. Tianjin / 2,798 / 70 / Tianjin Junlin Tianxia (239m)

20. Mumbai / 2,764 / 94 / The Imperial Tower 1 (249m)
__________________
Quote:
THE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS COMPILATION (LATEST: JAN'2015) >>> PAGE 1 >>> PAGE 2 (Suburb)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:12 AM   #4325
Ribarca
Registered User
 
Ribarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 6,611
Likes (Received): 3273

Interesting but when you put Macau over Frankfurt your methodology is very flawed. I don't see a concentration measure either and neither a natural setting factor.
__________________
Drive away these people
Who are so conceited and so contemptuous


Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM   #4326
viatorek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribarca View Post
Definitely. Fantastic cityscapes!
yea! this collection is breath taking
__________________
kiedy szukasz tabletki na odchudzanie lub chcesz coś zjeść w produkty wtedy kompletnie nie potrzebne Ci meridia sprzedam tak samo jak
xenical opinie no chyba ze chcesz wysłać komuś kwiaty wtedy hydrominium pomoze CI znalesc najkrotsza droge ;]
viatorek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:07 AM   #4327
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
2009 TOP 20 ASIA'S LARGEST / BEST SKYLINE
Source: http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html

>>> 10 out of the 20 are in China

>>> City / Skyline Merit Points / Number of Buildings > 90m / Tallest Building

1. Hong Kong (including Kowloon) / 84,922 / 3,018 / International Commerce Centre (484m)

2. Tokyo (including Kawaguchi, Kawasaki, Ichikawa) / 19,670 / 636 / Mid Town Tower (248m)

3. Shanghai / 18,129 / 539 / Shanghai World Financial Center (492m)

4. Dubai / 15,262 / 263 / Burj Dubai (818m)

5. Bangkok / 13,375 / 421 / Baiyoke Tower II (304m)

6. Guangzhou / 10,368 / 342 / Guangzhou Twin Tower, West Tower (437m)

7. Chongqing / 8,849 / 357 / Chongqing World Trade Center (283m)

8. Shenzhen / 7,923 / 240 / Shun Hing Square (384m)

9. Singapore / 7,697 / 329 / Republic Plaza (280m)

10. Kuala Lumpur (including Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya) / 7,674 / 221 / Petronas Tower 1 (452m)

11. Seoul / 7,195 / 264 / Tower Palace Three, Tower G (264m)

12. Manila (including Makati, Ortigas, Mandaluyong, Pasig) / 6,598 / 175 / PBCOM Tower (259m)

13. Jakarta / 5,590 / 180 / Wisma 46 (250m)

14. Osaka (including Sakai, Amagasaka) / 5,473 / 149 / Osaka World Trade Center (252m)

15. Beijing / 5,371 / 258 / China World Trade Center Tower 3 (330m)

16. Nanjing / 4,903 / 98 / Nanjing Greenland Financial Center (380m)

17. Wuhan / 2,959 / 155 / Minsheng Bank Building (331m)

18. Dalian / 2,859 / 83 / Dalian Futures Square Tower 1 (263m)

19. Tianjin / 2,798 / 70 / Tianjin Junlin Tianxia (239m)

20. Mumbai / 2,764 / 94 / The Imperial Tower 1 (249m)

Large doesn't mean "best"

I like Seattle's and they barely have any building
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #4328
paradyto
entendre privilege
 
paradyto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 雅加达 - 巨港
Posts: 36,175

by number of building??? it's seems like one city have many same tower (apartment, apartment and apartment... he he he)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Large doesn't mean "best"

I like Seattle's and they barely have any building
agree, and more building doesn't meant "best"...
__________________
nation sepak takraw championship 2017
The Green & Cleanest Metropolitan (since 2007) Sumsel Gemilang 雅加达 - 巨港 Jakabaring Sport City
Asian Games Jakarta - Palembang 2018 Palembang Emas 2018
paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #4329
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,136
Likes (Received): 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradyto View Post
by number of building??? it's seems like one city have many same tower (apartment, apartment and apartment... he he he)



agree, and more building doesn't meant "best"...
__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #4330
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Not sure what you're trying to say by showing this picture after quoting paradyto
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #4331
_00_deathscar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,047
Likes (Received): 217

Also, their count is flawed. Do you really think Tokyo and Shanghai, cities with a combined population of nearly 50 million, and not particularly shy of tall buildings, only have about 1,000 buildings over a height of 90 metres between them?

Looks like something they nabbed off Emporis - which is based on user data...i.e., submissions to the site by local users.

This is without even looking at the other cities like Shenzhen, Guangzhou etc - which are obviously wrong too.
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #4332
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beijing
Posts: 3,254
Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Large doesn't mean "best"
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
I like Seattle's and they barely have any building
What is a great skyline almost bare of buildings like?
__________________
My Flickr photos
7freedom7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #4333
marvinganalon
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MANILA
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 0

the real thing

first of all this is my top 10 and explanation

top 1-hongkong no doubt, even i dont yet go there all of people here like hk so i agree

top 2- tokyo- being the richest city in the world deserve good skyline.. tokyo tower is a real awesome with mt fuji on the background...

top 3- shanghai- this fast growing city will become one of the most beautiful skyline as if this booming city rank 3 on my own.

top 4- seoul- this elegant city lacks a space of building as you can see on the post of some people here... this is also a great city..

top 5- manila- this city deserves deserve this rank, its skyline match with the sunset and the bay, enough to take a photo with the warm ocean breeze!!

top 6- jakarta- this city i think best in terms of city and nature..

top 7- singapore- it may be clean but this city country can build no more skyline because of its tiny size, but after all, it still great..

top 8- kuala lumpur- of course it is great with petronas twin tower, but without this magnificent tower, kuala lumpur skyline arent look better.

top 9- bangkok- i havent go there

top 10- saigon -i havent go there yet...
marvinganalon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #4334
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
 
Lastresorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia untuk Orang Malaysia
Posts: 1,568
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinganalon View Post

top 7- singapore- it may be clean but this city country can build no more skyline because of its tiny size, but after all, it still great..

top 8- kuala lumpur- of course it is great with petronas twin tower, but without this magnificent tower, kuala lumpur skyline arent look better.

Singapore is tiny, yet its new CBD skyline is under construction now. So it is not correct to say that it has no more room to grow. Even if they use up every single bit of land, the existing skyline will find a way to evolve, just as how HK has done that.

Pls accept the fact that Petronas Twin Towers is there to compliment the KL skyline and no more assumption that "if without the twin towers etc etc". It's just like "without the Eiffel Tower, Paris is..." You should comment on the skyline as it is now, not the future skyline or an imaginary skyline based on assumptions. (note: I'm not challenging the ranking, I'm just questioning how some ppl want to comment on KL's skyline by wiping out the Petronas Twin Towers).
__________________
Towards A Home Where Dreams Soar. Towards A Nation of Justice and Equality.


- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #4335
marching
the art of sky
 
marching's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Yokohama and Wellington
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinganalon View Post
top 7- singapore- it may be clean but this city country can build no more skyline because of its tiny size, but after all, it still great..

top 8- kuala lumpur- of course it is great with petronas twin tower, but without this magnificent tower, kuala lumpur skyline arent look better.

top 9- bangkok- i havent go there
Bangkok should be No. 7 - couse it also big and potential to be a big skyline, same to Manila and Jakarta.
__________________
The Butterfly City
marching no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #4336
diz
Unregistered User
 
diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland
Posts: 11,454
Likes (Received): 1288

LOL I like how he utterly disregards the Petronas as if they weren't there.
__________________
PORTLAND » Development News | Public Transport
Urban Showcase » S8 only by diz
diz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM   #4337
arepull87
i love malaysia....
 
arepull87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Penang
Posts: 410
Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastresorter View Post
Singapore is tiny, yet its new CBD skyline is under construction now. So it is not correct to say that it has no more room to grow. Even if they use up every single bit of land, the existing skyline will find a way to evolve, just as how HK has done that.

Pls accept the fact that Petronas Twin Towers is there to compliment the KL skyline and no more assumption that "if without the twin towers etc etc". It's just like "without the Eiffel Tower, Paris is..." You should comment on the skyline as it is now, not the future skyline or an imaginary skyline based on assumptions. (note: I'm not challenging the ranking, I'm just questioning how some ppl want to comment on KL's skyline by wiping out the Petronas Twin Towers).
it true petronas already there and it will always be there unless somebody bombed to destroy it....
arepull87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #4338
Ribarca
Registered User
 
Ribarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 6,611
Likes (Received): 3273

Hong Kong.

image hosted on flickr
__________________
Drive away these people
Who are so conceited and so contemptuous


Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #4339
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freedom7 View Post
True.



What is a great skyline almost bare of buildings like?


"Small" compared to Asian cities. But still fantastic
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #4340
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
 
Lastresorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia untuk Orang Malaysia
Posts: 1,568
Likes (Received): 6

Time to do justice to this city - Tokyo!!

Posted by benKen in Japan forum






__________________
Towards A Home Where Dreams Soar. Towards A Nation of Justice and Equality.


- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu