daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM   #4561
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

image hosted on flickr
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #4562
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

image hosted on flickr

Fort Bonifacio Global City - Metro Manila.

Last edited by darknyt1; April 4th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM   #4563
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

image hosted on flickr

Makati CBD.

Last edited by darknyt1; April 3rd, 2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: caption.
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM   #4564
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

image hosted on flickr

Ortigas CBD.

Last edited by darknyt1; April 3rd, 2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: caption.
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM   #4565
pulsephaze22
Registered User
 
pulsephaze22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Pinyas
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 280

oh come on guys, Isn't it obvious that it's Hong Kong? no competition needed,.
pulsephaze22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #4566
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

So you expect people to only post Hong Kong pics in this thread?
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #4567
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong SAR / 香港特區
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSiamese View Post
So you expect people to only post Hong Kong pics in this thread?
generally speaking, yes. and shanghai too ... don't forget guangzhou and shenzen ... oh and chongqing of course. (j/k)
__________________
Sapientia et Virtus 明德格物
Industrial Organization, MSc
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #4568
pulsephaze22
Registered User
 
pulsephaze22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Pinyas
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 280

[QUOTE=ThaiSiamese;54532641] So you expect people to only post Hong Kong pics in this thread? [/QUOT

maybe yes,. Coz what is the use of posting those pix if we already know whose the best?

I'm from Manila but I must say It's Hong Kong,. Hands down,. And let's face it,. the only ones who cant accept that fact are those people who are too chauvanistic
pulsephaze22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #4569
pulsephaze22
Registered User
 
pulsephaze22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Pinyas
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
generally speaking, yes. and shanghai too ... don't forget guangzhou and shenzen ... oh and chongqing of course. (j/k)
It's only Hong Kong actually,. But shanghai is cool too
pulsephaze22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #4570
Anachak
Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
 
Anachak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 586
Likes (Received): 13

I'd like to say Shanghai is the best asian skyline
Anachak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #4571
Myouzke
 
Myouzke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 355
Likes (Received): 57

I would say Hong Kong and Shanghai are pretty even at the top but Hong Kong got the superior landscape and backdrop.
Myouzke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #4572
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsephaze22 View Post

maybe yes,. Coz what is the use of posting those pix if we already know whose the best?

I'm from Manila but I must say It's Hong Kong,. Hands down,. And let's face it,. the only ones who cant accept that fact are those people who are too chauvanistic
Since this is a public forum, everyone here has the right to post their favorite asian cities. If you've never seen pictures of other asian cities, how can you really know which one has the best skyline? My opinion has changed since I open this thread. First I also thought Hong Kong has the best skyline but now I think it's Dubai. Other Asian cities' skyline might be even better than dubai in the future due to many big projects developing in most of the asian cities. You never know.

And since when it is a FACT that Hong Kong has the best skyline? Is it because you say so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
generally speaking, yes. and shanghai too ... don't forget guangzhou and shenzen ... oh and chongqing of course. (j/k)
Then why don't you start your own "the best chinese cities in the world" thread? j/k

Last edited by ThaiSiamese; April 4th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #4573
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,148
Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
Shows shanghai's sheer size..

__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #4574
pulsephaze22
Registered User
 
pulsephaze22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Pinyas
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSiamese View Post
Since this is a public forum, everyone here has the right to post their favorite asian cities. If you've never seen pictures of other asian cities, how can you really know which one has the best skyline? My opinion has changed since I open this thread. First I also thought Hong Kong has the best skyline but now I think it's Dubai. Other Asian cities' skyline might be even better than dubai in the future due to many big projects developing in most of the asian cities. You never know.

And since when it is a FACT that Hong Kong has the best skyline? Is it because you say so?
Ok, here's the thing, the title of this thread is "The best asian skyline" therefore, we are here to find which country in asia has the best skyline. Not to post your own skyline wherein there is already an obvious winner,. proof? try to scan the other pages and figure out which is which, according to the forumers.

In the case of Dubai, yes, you already said it,. Dubai has the potential to be the best skyline in the future,. But still, the city is still at it's "potential", still on process, and still edifying it's plans. So as of now, there is no competition between the 2 cities

Since when It is a fact that Hong Kong is the best? dude, I didn't make that up,. It is actually a FACT,. here,.

http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html
http://www.diserio.com/top15-skylines.html
http://citynoise.org/article/3432
http://necromanc.blogspot.com/2006/0...-in-world.html

Most of them,. If not all,. is parading Hong Kong to be the best,.. I hope this will satisfy you and everyone else here
pulsephaze22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #4575
crossboneka
Registered User
 
crossboneka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Makati
Posts: 2,228
Likes (Received): 1812

[QUOTE=pulsephaze22;54585429]...So as of now, there is no competition between the 2 cities
QUOTE]

dude keep your opinion to your self and please don't stop people from posting whatever choice they have made. as for me i'd go for singapore.
crossboneka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #4576
pulsephaze22
Registered User
 
pulsephaze22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Pinyas
Posts: 180
Likes (Received): 280

[QUOTE=crossboneka;54590837]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsephaze22 View Post
...So as of now, there is no competition between the 2 cities
QUOTE]

dude keep your opinion to your self and please don't stop people from posting whatever choice they have made. as for me i'd go for singapore.
Sure thing, but let me say that this thread will go nowhere goodluck!
pulsephaze22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #4577
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsephaze22 View Post
Ok, here's the thing, the title of this thread is "The best asian skyline" therefore, we are here to find which country in asia has the best skyline.
This is exactly what I'm trying to tell you. We are here to find out which city has the best skyline in Asia. If you don't post pictures of other asian cities, how can you be sure which city has the best skyline? Like what I said in my previous post, I also thought that Hong Kong has the best skyline, but my opinion was changed when I saw some really cool pictures of Dubai in this thread. Now I think Dubai has the best skyline in Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsephaze22 View Post

Since when It is a fact that Hong Kong is the best? dude, I didn't make that up,. It is actually a FACT,. here,.

http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html
http://www.diserio.com/top15-skylines.html
http://citynoise.org/article/3432
http://necromanc.blogspot.com/2006/0...-in-world.html

Most of them,. If not all,. is parading Hong Kong to be the best,.. I hope this will satisfy you and everyone else here
It seems like you still don't understand the difference between FACT and OPINION.

Now let me make it more simple for you.

FACT: Obama is the current president of the US.
I can't argue against it because I'd be a fool to say otherwise.

OPINION: Hong Kong has the best skyline in Asia.
I can easily argue against this since I think Dubai has the best skyline in Asia. And of course it's still only my opinion since other people can disagree because it's not a fact.

Everyone is entitle to their opinion, and you have no right to impose your opinion to others.

To my fellow SSC members, please continue to post pictures of your asian cities.
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #4578
Anachak
Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
 
Anachak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 586
Likes (Received): 13

Thanks to ThaiSiamese for an enlightenment
Anachak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #4579
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong SAR / 香港特區
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachak View Post
Thanks to ThaiSiamese for an enlightenment
[] no, i don't share his enlightenment because HK's skyline is still #1! []
__________________
Sapientia et Virtus 明德格物
Industrial Organization, MSc
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #4580
Anachak
Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
 
Anachak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 586
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
[] no, i don't share his enlightenment because HK's skyline is still #1! []
I respect your opinion
Anachak no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium