daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM   #4661
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlez View Post
you can't even make a coherent assertion in the first place.
Cause "I think many buildings in Hong Kong are ugly" is really hard to understand right?

But I'm done with you two. It's obvious that you two don't know what freedom is.
__________________


Last edited by Imperfect Ending; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM   #4662
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
if add words"one of the---"in front of "best city", the dispute will be over.
True that.
But ofcourse there will be those who won't allow people to think different.
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:23 PM   #4663
reiselaender
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_mane View Post
Asia is definitely the number 1 continent with the best skylines in the face of the Earth. Talk about Hongkong, Shanghai, Dubai, Tokyo (density), Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Metro Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta, and the dozens of Chinese cities that can match the skylines of North & South America.
I agree. and not just the skylines, but the landscapes surrounding the area are also fantastic, I especially like the Sentosa Skyline and Park in SIngapore.
__________________
The World Is A Very Big City

Reise Laender
reiselaender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM   #4664
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Cause "I think many buildings in Hong Kong are ugly" is really hard to understand right?

But I'm done with you two. It's obvious that you two don't know what freedom is.
It is your freedom to think that hongkong is ugly, but it is also our freedom to assume that you are just jealous based on the fact that an ordinary guy will most likely to be amazed by hongkong's breathtaking skyline.

Obviously your argument is too weak to continue the debate, if not find me a prettier skyline than hongkong or a city with more pretty skyscrapers than hongkong.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM   #4665
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,291
Likes (Received): 3

Shanghai skyline looks best to me ..Ive always wanted to visit shanghai but im just put off with many people saying the people there are rude and I must visit beijing instead
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:05 PM   #4666
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,136
Likes (Received): 1134

i've only heard of shanghainese selfish,adorship money, but very few people say shanghainese are rude. lol
__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:24 PM   #4667
particlez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 532
Likes (Received): 106

imperfect ending is awesome. ifc2 is one of the few buildings which isn't ugly. ifc1 however, is a chode. funny ifc2 and ifc1 are part of the same complex, have the same architect, developer, use the same materials, have the same detailing, have the same silouette, 'cept one is has a larger scale.

that's like saying the bonaventure is a chode, while the renaissance center is a gem. logical fallacy, anyone?

others don't understand freedom. freedom to be an idiot.
particlez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM   #4668
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

wow this thread is going nowhere...
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #4669
particlez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 532
Likes (Received): 106

^right. another accusation without any supporting argument.
particlez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #4670
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

^ whatever....

Now back to the topic

Bangkok

by pktown


By Benoit Longissor

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Pano >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by ThaiSiamese; May 2nd, 2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Added pano pic
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:28 AM   #4671
particlez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 532
Likes (Received): 106

i wasn't addressing you, genius. go read imperfect ending's posts and see if he has a point.

here goes with more 'whatever'. dude, that isn't an actual argument. i find it funny how you assume i made a point out of 'nationalistic' reasons. i'll give you a hint. i've worked throughout asia. that's why i said many of these cities you idiots are arguing about have very similar modernist architecture. but i never actually talk about my ethnicity, as i actually care about architecture and urbanity.

you on the other hand, you actually have ethnicity in your name... twice.
particlez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:42 AM   #4672
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u
 
icracked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Beijing (for school)
Posts: 954
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
Shanghai skyline looks best to me ..Ive always wanted to visit shanghai but im just put off with many people saying the people there are rude and I must visit beijing instead
I lived in Shanghai, the Hongkou district for quite sometime and let me tell you the people in Shanghai are no different than the people in Beijing, San Franicsco, Jakarta or Honolulu. You will come across nice people, you will come across rude people.
__________________
H o n o l u l u*
Hawaii
icracked no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM   #4673
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlez View Post
i wasn't addressing you, genius. go read imperfect ending's posts and see if he has a point.

here goes with more 'whatever'. dude, that isn't an actual argument. i find it funny how you assume i made a point out of 'nationalistic' reasons. i'll give you a hint. i've worked throughout asia. that's why i said many of these cities you idiots are arguing about have very similar modernist architecture. but i never actually talk about my ethnicity, as i actually care about architecture and urbanity.
What's wrong with people saying that HK's skyline is not the best in Asia? And what's wrong with imperfect ending saying that HK has many ugly buildings? Why can't you idiots respect opinion from other people?

Last edited by ThaiSiamese; May 3rd, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:26 AM   #4674
ThaiSiamese
...
 
ThaiSiamese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 1,072
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoMay View Post
can someone stop posting pics of Asean cities.already too many of it.

its look like ppl keep posting and praise their own city.

best skyline is where the tall buildings are sprawling and spreading entire city - like China cities

not just a few spots of CBDs here and there and between it - a houses/slum area.
Stop whining like a loser and start posting some of your best chinese cities already.

Last edited by ThaiSiamese; May 3rd, 2010 at 02:44 AM.
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:19 AM   #4675
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,291
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icracked View Post
I lived in Shanghai, the Hongkou district for quite sometime and let me tell you the people in Shanghai are no different than the people in Beijing, San Franicsco, Jakarta or Honolulu. You will come across nice people, you will come across rude people.
thanks, i havent been there though and I admit I just based my comments on the feedback from my colleagues who have been there. It just seemed than if three different people says the same thing then it must have some degree of truth then

that was the common feedback and that the people in Beijing and in Taiwan were the opposite as they were more polite
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM   #4676
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlez View Post
imperfect ending is awesome. ifc2 is one of the few buildings which isn't ugly. ifc1 however, is a chode. funny ifc2 and ifc1 are part of the same complex, have the same architect, developer, use the same materials, have the same detailing, have the same silouette, 'cept one is has a larger scale.

that's like saying the bonaventure is a chode, while the renaissance center is a gem. logical fallacy, anyone?

others don't understand freedom. freedom to be an idiot.
Bonaventure and Renaissance Center are both ugly imo.
Do you know what a 'chode' is?
Height greatly effects aesthetics.
Of course there's not much of an option or selection around here.
__________________


Last edited by Imperfect Ending; May 3rd, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM   #4677
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
thanks, i havent been there though and I admit I just based my comments on the feedback from my colleagues who have been there. It just seemed than if three different people says the same thing then it must have some degree of truth then

that was the common feedback and that the people in Beijing and in Taiwan were the opposite as they were more polite
No way, shanghai must have one of the highest manners at least, at least one of the highest proportion of people with good manners in mainland china. That is, however not counting the foreigners moved into shanghai from other cities.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:02 PM   #4678
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSiamese View Post
What's wrong with people saying that HK's skyline is not the best in Asia? And what's wrong with imperfect ending saying that HK has many ugly buildings? Why can't you idiots respect opinion from other people?
That is not a matter of opinion but a matter of trolling. There is certainly nothing wrong to say that hongkong is not the top skyline in asia, but it is definitely not logical to say hongkong has an ugly skyline. And while he calls hongkong's skyline ugly he never directly replied to me what skyline he would consider to be pretty.

So.. this is ugly, what would you call the bangkok skyline in the photo you have posted.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangomango1997/3684974036/
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM   #4679
Wilz
Indonesian
 
Wilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Medan, North Sumatra
Posts: 763
Likes (Received): 191

Skylines in hongkong not really bad, the skylines in the central district are very good and modern, just maybe there are still many buildings in the Kowloon area not well maintained.

we rarely find a tall building that is less well maintained in other cities because in other cities, tall buildings is a luxury building, another case in hongkong, because of limited land, the houses of residents are mostly located in the high rise apartment, as we know, apartment are not really well maintained, except high class apartment or condominium.
__________________
Your coming is our happiness, Its time to visit INDONESIA
Wilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM   #4680
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,136
Likes (Received): 1134

由于媒体和历史的原因,东南亚国家对中国有种与生俱来的优越感,认为中国很穷很落后,是专制国家,人的素质也很低,从新马泰回来的人就会告诉他们的经历。越南,马来西亚,新加坡,印尼,菲律宾,对中国都怀有较深的敌意。
__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu