daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM   #4681
bonivison
Registered User
 
bonivison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Beijing
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 49

Hongkong Shanghai Tokyo Dubai Singapore top the list IMO
bonivison no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM   #4682
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips
 
World 2 World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 5,629
Likes (Received): 4306

-KL-

image hosted on flickr

from flickr
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4683
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle
 
aranetacoliseum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,272
Likes (Received): 40

MAKATI and GLOBAL CITY SKYLINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by r93k401 View Post
aboard gulf air to bahrain
bonifacio global city and makati scrapers at the background
image hosted on flickr

c-5, market x2 and the fort
image hosted on flickr
__________________
IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES
aranetacoliseum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM   #4684
Pfeuffer
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eurasia
Posts: 1,929
Likes (Received): 405

please cool down guys.
for me HK is No. 1 in the world.
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM   #4685
Ribarca
Registered User
 
Ribarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 6,611
Likes (Received): 3273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Hong Kong is great and all but most of its buildings are ugly... way ugly.
In my opinion (as a European) all large Asian cities are ugly concrete jungles with only some having fragmented parts of their old town preserved.

To be fair Hong Kong has dozens iconic modern structures PLUS quite a few old interesting old colonial structures next to the concrete monsters. Those concrete structures mark a different period in the development of the city from a smaller colonial town to a metropolis in just a few years.
__________________
Drive away these people
Who are so conceited and so contemptuous


Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #4686
Pfeuffer
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eurasia
Posts: 1,929
Likes (Received): 405

please cool down guys.
for me HK is No. 1 in the world.
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #4687
Wilz
Indonesian
 
Wilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Medan, North Sumatra
Posts: 763
Likes (Received): 191

for me too...
__________________
Your coming is our happiness, Its time to visit INDONESIA
Wilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #4688
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
That is not a matter of opinion but a matter of trolling. There is certainly nothing wrong to say that hongkong is not the top skyline in asia, but it is definitely not logical to say hongkong has an ugly skyline. And while he calls hongkong's skyline ugly he never directly replied to me what skyline he would consider to be pretty.
With that, now I know you misread what I said.
I said the skyline is great but the many buildings are ugly. Go back and reread before you go on.
Actually let me post the quote for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Hong Kong is great and all but most of its buildings are ugly... way ugly.
So please stop making up stories in your head now.

But the Skylines I think are nice would be be Seattle, San Francisco, and Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, Makati etc etc ( Though they all have their fair share of ugly buildings. )
__________________


Last edited by Imperfect Ending; May 4th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #4689
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
由于媒体和历史的原因,东南亚国家对中国有种与生俱来的优越感,认为中国很穷很落后,是专制国家,人的素质也很低,从新马泰回来的人就会告诉他们的经历。越南,马来西亚,新加坡,印尼,菲律宾,对中国都怀有较深的敌意。
Can you guys stop attacking yourselves and acting like victims now? No one said anything like that.
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #4690
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Yes but you developed your argument into "hongkong is ugly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
There are billions of Christians in the world, doesn't mean I have to be one too.

And yes I am willing to argue with the forum on why Hong Kong is ugly to me.
Out of all those skyscrapers in the photo you posted, you only identified 3 buildings to be non-ugly. That is saying hongkong's skyline is filled with ugly buildings implying hongkong has an ugly skyline but only the shape of the skyline is good. So what adjective would you use to describe bangkok's skyline?

Even if you did think hongkong has a great skyline, the 3 buildings you identified as non-ugly are 3 world top class buildings. So do you agree that bangkok is filled with only ugly skyscrapers?
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #4691
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
Yes but you developed your argument into "hongkong is ugly".



Out of all those skyscrapers in the photo you posted, you only identified 3 buildings to be non-ugly. That is saying hongkong's skyline is filled with ugly buildings implying hongkong has an ugly skyline but only the shape of the skyline is good. So what adjective would you use to describe bangkok's skyline?

Even if you did think hongkong has a great skyline, the 3 buildings you identified as non-ugly are 3 world top class buildings. So do you agree that bangkok is filled with only ugly skyscrapers?
Okay so what argument COULD I give to prove that Hong Kong is ugly?
Why do I need to go down to the level and start digging to show negatives of other cities? I just comment on what I see and what I see, I don't care for.

Out of respect for others who understands, I will not show the rest of the people here what I've seen. But I, like you, have my own thoughts you know ( The difference is I am not attacking you about how you feel about things because they are yours to own and no one else can change it. ) , I know how it's really hard to grasp the concept of 'people are allowed to do things and think their own way.', I know it's new [but catching on, you should try it]... but the world goes on with and without people thinking Hong Kong is beautiful.

I never said Bangkok has any beautiful buildings ever. ( The only one I like is not even built yet )

I like posting pictures of Bangkok because I spend a great deal of time in the Thai section and when I come across decent pictures of Bangkok I like to post them here.

But I don't understand why you're directing this towards Bangkok, is it because it's where I was born? Are you going to talk about Los Angeles next? Sorry that has no impact on me because I have my own opinions about my cities as people have theirs so things people say about them don't bother me.

How many times do I need to repeat about 'People own their own feelings' to you? lol...

So if you're trying to make me sound like I am against and jealous China then that's your own burden and loss, you're just giving my fingers an exercise.

Anything else? Or are you just going to go back to first base and say "Oh you're lacking evidence" again because if you're just going to say that then reread what I just wrote as a response.
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #4692
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

I perfectly understand people have their own feeling and opinions. It is just the way you would use such a blatant word ugly to describe hongkong is a little over the top, shows that you have something much more than just disliking hongkong. But of course that is totally not jealousy. Maybe you should start looking at this world with a more positive view and stop being emo seeing everything so ugly.

Why dont we just end it here or you will start throwing your childish and contradictory statements at me again. At least i wont be replying anymore regarding this topic, a pure waste of my time.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #4693
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Childish and contradictory? "Show evidence"

Okay but it wasn't a waste of time because now we've reached an agreement of sort...agree to disagree?
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #4694
oliver999
starwar
 
oliver999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,136
Likes (Received): 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Can you guys stop attacking yourselves and acting like victims now? No one said anything like that.
if i am wrong, i swollow my words. if i am right ,swollow yours.
__________________
项羽问:怎么样?
骑兵们敬佩地回答:和大王说的一样!
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #4695
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

But there's nothing wrong or right about what I've said?
If I said something like Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore etc etc has tons of ugly buildings would we have extended this conversation this far?
And I know the answer is "No"
__________________

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #4696
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?
 
Imperfect Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 10,759
Likes (Received): 452

Actually you know what, you're all right!

Hong Kong #1, every building is so beautiful, I can't believe I didn't see this before..wow.- don't argue with that statement because many architectural firms said Hong Kong is #1. Whoever says Hong Kong is ugly is stupid, Don't make fun of Shanghai either. You're all just jealous that Hong Kong so pretty and can't handle the fact that many people on the forum thinks so too. I don't know why I didn't see it before but those buildings are not ugly, I was just being extremely jealous! Wow... forgive me father for I have sinned!

I have swallowed my words and took a huge dump.

I have seen the light!!!

There, you got what you want to hear.
THEEEE END
__________________


Last edited by Imperfect Ending; May 5th, 2010 at 02:29 AM.
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #4697
hec2r-hec2r-activa8
Registered User
 
hec2r-hec2r-activa8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manila
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 6

Its really hard to make a comment these days..
__________________
Great Minds .......discuss ideas
Average Minds.......discuss events
Small Minds .......discuss people
hec2r-hec2r-activa8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #4698
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

Makati Lights by Eli Beltran
image hosted on flickr
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #4699
darknyt1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,839
Likes (Received): 10

Makati urbanscape by Tacit Requiem
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacitrequiem/
darknyt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #4700
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
 
Lastresorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia untuk Orang Malaysia
Posts: 1,568
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
由于媒体和历史的原因,东南亚国家对中国有种与生俱来的优越感,认为中国很穷很落后,是专制国家,人的素质也很低,从新马泰回来的人就会告诉他们的经历。越南,马来西亚,新加坡,印尼,菲律宾,对中国都怀有较深的敌意。
我并不这么觉得。新马泰一般上对中国是较友善的。
__________________
Towards A Home Where Dreams Soar. Towards A Nation of Justice and Equality.


- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu