daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #5661
RaySthlm
BANNED

Likes (Received): 50

long time no see Nikhon kitty , nice to see you. Is everything fine with you? Terrible thing that happened to Japan .
RaySthlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #5662
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55348

Ok guys, remember this is not a city vs city thread, you can discuss whatever you want regarding to the cities skyline, but please don't fight over which city is more beautiful or classier than the others. Thanks!

Welcome back, Kitty!

Highcliff liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #5663
Codename B
Detective

Likes (Received): 15192

Yes, Khun RaySthlm can you keep your post down a little bit, before BKK rarely get posted, maybe once a week, but now it seems like every hour 55

เราไม่ต้องโชร์อะไรขนาดนั้นก็ได้นะครับ ดูอะไรหมั่นๆมันทําไห้คนอื่นเบื่อ ของดีมันต้องนานๆทีมา
หย่าไปสนไจอะไรมากกับคนคนนั้นเลย ไม่หยากไห้มีดราม่า รู้หยู่ว่าเค้าชอบเเต่ประเทศที่รวยๆ ของประเทศอื่นจะดีขนาดไหนก็ไม่สนเพราะ "จน"
Codename B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #5664
RaySthlm
BANNED

Yeah I know, SO143 always make me post a lot of Bangkok picture because of his ignorant words , I know they are not true and he wanna piss me off but still I fall into the same trap, maybe because I think it is fun to prove someone wrong .
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #5665
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

you guys can post as many photos and as much discussion as you like, but just keep it civil and peaceful.

Old April 5th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #5666
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2092

I have seen too much Bangkok, and too much KL vs Bangkok vs Manila on this thread. Isn't this for BEST Asian Skyline, like SINGULAR? Those cities would be good arguments for where they place in the top 10 (or IF they do) but seriously, they don't stand up to Hong Kong, or Shanghai or.... has anybody on this board even heard of Shenzhen and Guangzhou? Those are HUGE skylines with multiple supertalls and tend to be ignored. In the next couple of years I think Chinese cities are going to completely dominate this conversation. The only other city that will really compete is Dubai if it ever actually fills in and looks like a real city (it will look like Coruscant).

Seriously, way too much bickering over 2nd tier Asian skylines. Create a new thread and take it there if you are that serious about it.
DZH22 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #5667
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

We all have seen ridiculous amount of Bangkok pictures on this thread, in fact they are not even relevant to what the title of this thread literally says. And i completely agree with DZH22 saying that only Chinese cities will dominate "Best Asian Skylines" title. (it has already happened). As we all know, the only real competitor is Dubai where supertalls and quality skyscrapers are booming. On the other hand, it would be nicer to discuss in this kind of discussion thread if some posters are able to avoid bashing, and attacking personal thing.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #5668
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
Create a new thread and take it there if you are that serious about it.
Only mods in this section can open new threads, any unauthorized threads will be removed.

Back on topic, the massive and tallest skylines don't necessary mean the better skylines. For example, I would pick Houston over NYC any time because imo NY skyline is rather messy and ill planned while Houston skyline seems to be more balance and in harmony.

Last edited by Yellow Fever; April 6th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #5669
RaySthlm
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
We all have seen ridiculous amount of Bangkok pictures on this thread, in fact they are not even relevant to what the title of this thread literally says. And i completely agree with DZH22 saying that only Chinese cities will dominate "Best Asian Skylines" title. (it has already happened). As we all know, the only real competitor is Dubai where supertalls and quality skyscrapers are booming. On the other hand, it would be nicer to discuss in this kind of discussion thread if some posters are able to avoid bashing, and attacking personal thing.
I think it is all thanks to you. Even you tell me to post more Bangkok buildings so you can judge, remember that? Also your ignorant/false statements make me post Bangkok pics. Like Bangkoks skyscrapers have same quality as Sao Paolo . You said it doesnt have one single modern skyscraper when most skyscrapers in Bangkok are build between 1994-2011. Sao Paolos highrises were build in the 40s-70s (by the looks).

Ofcourse HK and Shanghai are the best, no doubt about it, maybe that is why we don't talk about them that much because the competition is over.

The rest is an open story. Do you like massive skyline (which I do), or do you like small but beautiful skylines, or do you like many supertalls in the desert? Many choices to pick.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #5670
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

I don't like HK skyline that much to be honest, the same reason that I don't find NYC skyline that attractive. Again, its totally my personal choice and I fully respect the other people who pick HK as their number one selection.

Old April 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #5671
RaySthlm
BANNED

haha, to be honest I think HK is kinda boring to look at as well, kinda sick of it somehow. It is a very good, top of the line skyline but I think I've seen it too much on television, movies, documentaries, posters etc. NYC is amazing as well but as I said, seen it too much. Still they are on my top 3, how funny .
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #5672
Omegadestiny

Likes (Received): 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename B View Post
รู้หยู่ว่าเค้าชอบเเต่ประเทศที่รวยๆ ของประเทศอื่นจะดีขนาดไหนก็ไม่สนเพราะ "จน"

So Sad ..
Omegadestiny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #5673
RaySthlm
BANNED

what does it mean?
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #5674
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

Come on guys, is this some sort of a fight? Get back to the topic and more pictures please.

Best Asian Skyline is merely a thread to post Asian skyline pictures from how I see it, so please keep discussions/comparisons with skylines outside of Asia outside of this thread!!!!!

Where are the new pics from Guangzhou or Shenzhen, Add in Korea and Japan as well
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #5675
RaySthlm
BANNED

Bangkok
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Pano, scroll

image hosted on flickr

Old April 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #5676
seldomseen

Likes (Received): 119

Dubai as a very interesting looking skyline and layout. Very cutting edge looking but has a very unnatural feel as well. Nonetheless, very nice.
seldomseen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #5677
chinchuta
Chinchuta Palace

Likes (Received): 6

I like the cities which have green landscape such as Chiang Mai, Pakkred, Hatyai, or Pattaya. The main idea of this thread is 'best Asian skyline' not 'best Asian skyscraper skyline'. I agree with Yellow Fever. The best skyline has not to have super tall buildings. London may be better than New York.

Last edited by chinchuta; April 6th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
chinchuta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #5678
chinchuta
Chinchuta Palace

The Skylines in Thailand

1. Bangkok

2. Nonthaburi

3. Pakkred

4. Hatyai

5. Chiang Mai

6. Pattaya

image hosted on flickr

7. Hua Hin

image hosted on flickr

8. Cha Am

9. Patong

image hosted on flickr

10. Karon

image hosted on flickr

Old April 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #5679
chinchuta
Chinchuta Palace

Bangkok (Thonburi Zone)

Bangkok

Dubai

image hosted on flickr

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #5680
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Some members here are really testing my patience and I'm telling you now that its getting thinner each day. I've deleted a few posts on the previous page and I don't want to see those stuffs again.

I dont give out infractions, instead I would put those trouble makers striaght to the brig or even ban them. So don't be surprised if suddenly you find that you can't post here anymore.

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam