daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2015, 08:33 PM   #10641
dankats

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
To each his own.

I agree with his list. Maybe for number 10 i can replace it with dubai. Atm, other than dubai no other cities u mention are worth to be in my top 10 list.

Oh yah, u can do a google up on how to post image here. Get from flickr is the easiest way and copy the bbcode into here. Cant rely others to post ur favorite cities.
Who rattled your cage ?
Don't need a lesson from you how to drive a car too, that's been taken care of by my grandad

Zaz965 liked this post
dankats no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #10642
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55328

Opinions are opinions, its all personal choices, some cities to you are great not necessary great to the other peoples. So stop forcing the cites you like down peoples throats.

WingWing, redcode, realitybites-u, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Yellow Fever; December 26th, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 09:10 PM   #10643
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

U cant convince people by words only in here

Prove to them that ur city is great by posting their pictures here. Remember picture speaks a thousand words. I am sure its easier to post a pic here than typing paragraph of replies.

Also The more u boast mumbai, the more people will hate the city. Why? Because u cant convince them by unsupported statements or claims. Other than that u need to show pictures for other forumers to see to believe what u have said.

I think i will end my word here. I wont be replying anymore. Hope u understand how this forum works. U may know how to drive but u may not understand the traffic rules or etiquette.

realitybites-u, Zaz965 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 09:33 PM   #10644
Vergelf
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
We respect your opinion but you did not include Dubai Mumbai Manila Osaka Doha Istanbul Sharjah and rest
Didn't include Dubai because I thought we consider it Middle East, I don't really see Dubai in this thread. If Dubai was included I'd put it in top 5(not sure where though).

Mumbai's skyline is bad for now. Manila Doesn't qualify to Asian top10 imo, it's skyline is completely unrecognizeable, lack landmark towers, and it's significantly smaller than similar a similar contender(Bangkok). The same with Osaka - it's skyline isn't particularly impressive/iconic/recognizeable and simply worse than Tokyo's. About Sharjah I didn't even know such city exists and as I said I thought we treat Middle East as a separate region. Anyway in the Middle East alone there is few much better or atleast serious contenders(Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, Tel Aviv, Riyadh). Istanbul is considered Europe(it's located in Europe), and if considered Asian - I don't think it would even qualify as top 20, it's skyline is baaad(too spread out, no density, lack of landmark towers, lack of quality, lack of height aswell).
Vergelf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 10:35 PM   #10645
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnmolSingh View Post
Mumbai has 3000 high rise skyscrapers already constructed and 9 supertalls uc with hundreds of skyscrapers uc as Mumbai is a city with 12th highest number of skyscrapers in the world and currently its has the largest number of supertalls and skyscrapers in the world and it is in the top ten in best Asian skylines

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 25th, 2015, 11:19 PM   #10646
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergelf View Post
Didn't include Dubai because I thought we consider it Middle East, I don't really see Dubai in this thread. If Dubai was included I'd put it in top 5(not sure where though).

Mumbai's skyline is bad for now. Manila Doesn't qualify to Asian top10 imo, it's skyline is completely unrecognizeable, lack landmark towers, and it's significantly smaller than similar a similar contender(Bangkok). The same with Osaka - it's skyline isn't particularly impressive/iconic/recognizeable and simply worse than Tokyo's. About Sharjah I didn't even know such city exists and as I said I thought we treat Middle East as a separate region. Anyway in the Middle East alone there is few much better or atleast serious contenders(Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait City, Tel Aviv, Riyadh). Istanbul is considered Europe(it's located in Europe), and if considered Asian - I don't think it would even qualify as top 20, it's skyline is baaad(too spread out, no density, lack of landmark towers, lack of quality, lack of height aswell).
Your choice was good for the best Asian skylines but two cities i would not put them in top ten Guangzhou and Chonquing ? confused
Dubai and Mumbai are world famous cities as financial and one of economic powerhouses one of the largest international cities with one the largest airports and seaports.
Dubai one of the best skylines in the world with the tallest skyscraper in the world and Dubai is the top business gateway to Middle East and Africa.
Mumbai is the financial commercial and entertainment capital of India and it is one of the world's top ten centres of commerce in terms of global financial flows .Mumbai gdp $278 billion making it one of richest city in the world and top ten in Asia . Mumbai ranked in Alpha world city and Mumbai is the third most expensive office market in the world.
Mumbai is ranked top ten cities for Billionaires in the world.
Mumbai's airport is one of the largest in Asia which handles up to 40 million passengers a year. Mumbai seaport is one of Asia's largest and India's largest.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 25th, 2015, 11:35 PM   #10647
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

Guangzhou is great.

Guangzhou is part of china's 5 largest cities and central cities

Metro Population 24m

Gdp about $300b, per capita $19,000

Airport handles more than 55 million annually

Has few supertalls and also few under construction.

More than 7 metro line, a HSR station connected to other cities and has one of the largest port in asia.

Guangzhou definitely in top 10. Close to top 5 in term of everything. It is really a huge city, personally been there and impressed with the skyline view from canton tower. The city is also known for trade as it host trade expo annually that attracts global buyers. It is also a FTZ area and equally important with shanghai

This is my room view during last year visit
Guangzhou at night from westin suite view by Wingwingg, on Flickr

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by WingWing; December 26th, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 11:53 PM   #10648
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Guangzhou is great.

Guangzhou is part of china's 5 largest cities and central cities

Metro Population 24m

Gdp about $300b, per capita $19,000

Airport handles more than 55 million annually

Has few supertalls and also few under construction.

More than 7 metro line, a HSR station connected to other cities and has one of the largest port in asia.

Guangzhou definitely in top 10. Close to top 5 in term of everything. It is really a huge city, personally been there and impressed with the skyline view from canton tower. The city is also known for trade as it host trade expo annually that attracts global buyers. It is also a FTZ area and equally important with shanghai

This is my room view during last year visit
https://flic.kr/p/q8etvX

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou
I would not put Guangzhou and Chongquing in top ten in Asia as Dubai and Mumbai should be in Asia's to ten ranking.
China's main cities are Shanghai Hong Kong and Beijing are you serious that Guangzhou and Chongquing are above Dubai and Mumbai in terms of International and Asian ranking Dubai and Mumbai are one of world's best known cities for trade commerce,business airports seaport and entertainment.

Zaz965, Ahmed Sharoz liked this post

Last edited by dankats; December 25th, 2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old December 26th, 2015, 12:44 AM   #10649
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17814

By jackalbb from dcfever :

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Zaz965 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 01:15 AM   #10650
redcode
uncompromising

Likes (Received): 24571

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankats View Post
I would not put Guangzhou and Chongquing in top ten in Asia as Dubai and Mumbai should be in Asia's to ten ranking.
China's main cities are Shanghai Hong Kong and Beijing are you serious that Guangzhou and Chongquing are above Dubai and Mumbai in terms of International and Asian ranking Dubai and Mumbai are one of world's best known cities for trade commerce,business airports seaport and entertainment.
Guangzhou is above Mumbai seriously. You said Mumbai is so freaking big, but, unfortunately, Guangzhou is even bigger its skyline is very massive and good also
"Hatred is corrosive of a person's wisdom and conscience; the mentality of enmity can poison a nation's spirit, instigate brutal life and death struggles, destroy a society's tolerance and humanity, and block a nation's progress to freedom and democracy."

redcode no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 01:49 AM   #10651
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcode View Post
Guangzhou is above Mumbai seriously. You said Mumbai is so freaking big, but, unfortunately, Guangzhou is even bigger its skyline is very massive and good also
Ask all population in this Planet Mumbai is one of the largest cities in the World and many billions never even heard Guangzhou is not even in top ten largest cities in the world and as for your number of skyscrapers over 100m Mumbai is ranked sixth in the world after Hong Kong Shanghai New York Tokyo and Dubai
ha haha Gungzhou above Mumbai and Dubai 7 billion people know Mumbai and Dubai but Guangzhou Even Karachi and Delhi is above Guangzhou in terms of city population .

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:01 AM   #10652
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

guys, this is a skyline thread which has nothing to do with the cities population, so please go back to topic.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:08 AM   #10653
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
guys, this is a skyline thread which has nothing to do with the cities population, so please go back to topic.
Skylines and cities population airports seaports and economies are important part of the topic regards to Asian and world beautiful city skylines

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:26 AM   #10654
d'.'b

Likes (Received): 59

Mumbai looks like a latin city. A skyline of mostly concrete midrises.
That being said, I wont put it in my top 10.

Zaz965 liked this post
d'.'b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:28 AM   #10655
saiho

Likes (Received): 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankats View Post
Today, 2016 and 2025 Guangzhou and Chongqing is easily better than Mumbai. Keep on shouting at Guangzhou and Chongqing's walls of skyscrapers dankats because inside nobody is listening.

WingWing, realitybites-u, dbhaskar, Zaz965 liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:30 AM   #10656
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'.'b View Post
Mumbai looks like a latin city. A skyline of mostly concrete midrises.
That being said, I wont put it in my top 10.
Wait another few years around 2020 when all the supertalls are completed it might look even better but if you look at the city it is a island claw like shape that resembles New York in front of Arabian sea

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:35 AM   #10657
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
Today, 2016 and 2025 Guangzhou and Chongqing is easily better than Mumbai. Keep on shouting at Guangzhou and Chongqing's walls of skyscrapers dankats because inside nobody is listening.
Sorry the world's population never heard of your Guangzhou and Chongqings
All the world population heard of Mumbai and Dubai
OK in China we heard of Hong Kong Shanghai and Beijing that's about it
World's mega cities Mumbai is one of the largest city in the world in top ten and by 2030 Mumbai will be the second largest city with a population of over 30 million after Tokyo

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:39 AM   #10658
falp6

Likes (Received): 3600

Y really like the skylines of:

-Hong Kong
-Shanghai
-Guangzhou
-Dubai
-Manila
-Singapore
-Kuala Lumpur
-Shenzhen
-Jakarta
-Tokyo
falp6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 03:00 AM   #10659
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

again, don't want to hear about cities pop anymore. Don't test my patience please!

redcode, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Yellow Fever; December 26th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old December 26th, 2015, 03:03 AM   #10660
dankats

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
Never heard of these cities in China we know about Shanghai Beijing and Hong Kong
As for your comment about Mumbai it one of the best known cities the world's 7 billion people know where Mumbai is and one of top ten largest mega cities in the world

Zaz965 liked this post

Tags
asian, beijing, busan, chongqing, colombo, danang, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kolkata, kuala lumpur, manila, mumbai, osaka, penang, saigon, seoul, shenzhen, singapore, skyline, tashkent skyline, tokyo, vietnam