daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 31st, 2017, 09:59 PM   #21
Zack Fair

Likes (Received): 755

I wonder what the west side is going to look like. Definitely an improvement over the first render, though.
Zack Fair no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:00 PM   #22
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

About the blankl wall. Maybe they know off upcoming development to the west and therefore focu for views on the east side. And maybe the development on the west will block that blank wall for a part.
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:05 PM   #23
Sainton

Likes (Received): 119

This is nothing but a stick in the ground. It looks way too thin and unsafe.
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:34 PM   #24
McSky

Likes (Received): 1878

Nice to see that much of 262 5th Ave will be retained. Looks like they will be taking off the top floors, though (the later addition).

Nice tower, and should have amazing views, but I agree that the western side might be an eyesore.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:55 PM   #25
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

I don't like it, it looks pretty low effort. The blank wall is also a major turn off.

Zaz965 liked this post
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:30 PM   #26
RegentHouse
City Development Shitlord

Likes (Received): 769

So far, the renders seem to be nothing but a tease. We don't know if there's a black wall on the west side yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
It reminds me of a residential twin of Fosters 425 Park Avenue. It also has a japanese touch to it. Lets wait for more renders and such. :-) Another supertall for NYC.
What's Japanese about it? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
Nice to see that much of 262 5th Ave will be retained. Looks like they will be taking off the top floors, though (the later addition).
You mean 260 5th Avenue? Looking at the cornice, it appears all floors of the elevation will be retained. The former Mathesius Brothers & Co. building at the development's namesake address and A. T. Stewart residence at 264 5th Avenue, the two low-rises, appear they are being completely demolished.
RegentHouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:40 PM   #27
JMeier

Likes (Received): 193

Please tell me the west side of this building isn't going to be a 1000 foot tall blank wall.
JMeier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 02:04 AM   #28
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
About the blankl wall. Maybe they know off upcoming development to the west and therefore focu for views on the east side. And maybe the development on the west will block that blank wall for a part.
Is the development to the west you're talking about the Bancroft building replacement?
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 02:40 AM   #29
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10282

A 49' cut and an ugly design. At least they are keeping some of the older structure it seems.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:47 AM   #30
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Via Curbed

https://ny.curbed.com/2017/5/31/1572...craper-meganom

Hopefully they will use some really high quality materials and this will become a masterpiece! NoMad will be a sea of cranes in the near future!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

Oatmeal, Munwon liked this post
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 07:55 AM   #31
germantower
i ♥ NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Is the development to the west you're talking about the Bancroft building replacement?
I didnīt know of any specific development to the west of this yet. I tried to say that they might have choosen that design concept, because THEY MIGHT know of a development to the west. So they focus on views on the east side rather than the west side.

What is the Bancroft development youīre talking about?
Old June 1st, 2017, 03:32 PM   #32
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
I didnīt know of any specific development to the west of this yet. I tried to say that they might have choosen that design concept, because THEY MIGHT know of a development to the west. So they focus on views on the east side rather than the west side.

What is the Bancroft development youīre talking about?
Another new 200+ meter development in the area. This site faces 5th Ave right on the corner of 29th, the Bancroft site is right off of 5th Ave on 29th, basically down 29th St a hundred feet and across the street.

Looking at google maps, there's a huge surface parking lot right behind this which will get developed at some point, so that could explain the blank, structural wall facing the Hudson River.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:30 PM   #33
germantower
i ♥ NY

That surface lot was what I was thinking of.
Old June 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM   #34
BLACK DAHLIA
BANNED

[QUOTE=RegentHouse;140386876]

What's Japanese about it? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Maybe you are the one who is ignorant
The design does have something from Tadao Ando!
BLACK DAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 10:29 PM   #35
Torch

Likes (Received): 1014

On the website of Meganom - the architecture firm - you can find two pictures model of this project.
Torch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2017, 11:55 PM   #36
RegentHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
Maybe you are the one who is ignorant
The design does have something from Tadao Ando!
So a Japanese starchitect gives something a "Japanese touch" despite it having no context in relation to actual Japanese architecture? Does that mean Zaha Hadid's projects have an Iraqi touch?

AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:09 AM   #37
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
On the website of Meganom - the architecture firm - you can find two pictures model of this project.
Nice, here they are!

sgollis, streetscapeer liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 07:02 AM   #38
germantower
i ♥ NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegentHouse View Post
So a Japanese starchitect gives something a "Japanese touch" despite it having no context in relation to actual Japanese architecture? Does that mean Zaha Hadid's projects have an Iraqi touch?
First of all, you donīt even understand what Dahlia and I have meant, secondly you act as if Japanese architecture only means traditional japanese style. Look at 4WTC, or the Marriot Courtyard tower at Broadway and 54th street. Both show that a japanese architect has designed them and both show the japanese influence on skyscraper design. Compare this to towers in Tokyo, not only towers , but also townhouses around low rise neighborhoods, and you get the clue here.

UrbanImpact, Origincountry liked this post
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:48 AM   #39
BLACK DAHLIA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegentHouse View Post
There is something beyond your neighborough and you got to see the world:99 percent of the Japanese are so proud to be so that they cherish and glorify their culture.I mentioned Ando because he is one of the most representative of Japanese architecture(more than Shigeru Ban for exemple)
For your information,Zaha Hadid grew up in London but i can see in some of her flaming organic designs many reminiscences of the exuberant oriental style.
No need to answer me as i am done with you(i know who i deal with)

Last edited by BLACK DAHLIA; June 2nd, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
BLACK DAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:50 PM   #40
RegentHouse

Quote:
First of all, you donīt even understand what Dahlia and I have meant, secondly you act as if Japanese architecture only means traditional japanese style. Look at 4WTC, or the Marriot Courtyard tower at Broadway and 54th street. Both show that a japanese architect has designed them and both show the japanese influence on skyscraper design. Compare this to towers in Tokyo, not only towers , but also townhouses around low rise neighborhoods, and you get the clue here.
Maybe because I was? The beauty or drawback of modern architecture, depending on your view, is that everything looks the same. I constantly see comments about proposed skyscrapers in NYC looking too Chinese, despite most in China used to base such a judgement are by foreign architects who do comparable work in their native homelands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
There is something beyond your neighborough and you got to see the world:99 percent of the Japanese are so proud to be so that they cherish and glorify their culture.I mentioned Ando because he is one of the most representative of Japanese architecture(more than Shigeru Ban for exemple)
For your information,Zaha Hadid grew up in London but i can see in some of her flaming organic designs many reminiscences of the exuberant oriental style.
No need to answer me as i am done with you(i know who i deal with)
So I'm ignorant of the world, yet you orientalize a whole group of relatively diverse people and simply call Hadid's work oriental? You don't know what you're talking about, so no argument existed in the first place.

schostabur liked this post