daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2016, 01:21 PM   #1
ntom

KOSOVO | Railways

Map of current railway network in the Republic of Kosovo

TrainKos lines:

Web:
http://www.trainkos.com/

Note: this map shows all the lines and where the main passenger stations are. In actuality TrainKos offers passenger service on only three lines: Prishtine - Peje, Fushe Kosove - Hani i Elezit and Prishtine - Hani i Elezit (and further to Skopje on the Macedonian side)

Plisat liked this post

Last edited by ntom; October 3rd, 2016 at 01:17 PM.
ntom está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Baron Hirsch
Kara Tren Solcusu

Likes (Received): 475

Thank you for starting this thread. However to my knowledge, there are no trains being operated across the [email protected]/Serbia border; the main line is even interrupted at Kosovska Mitrovica. Can you please elaborate which of these lines are actually in operation?
Baron Hirsch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 08:33 PM   #3
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Hirsch View Post
Thank you for starting this thread. However to my knowledge, there are no trains being operated across the [email protected]/Serbia border; the main line is even interrupted at Kosovska Mitrovica. Can you please elaborate which of these lines are actually in operation?
It's true that the north-south line (Route 10) is being used only from Mitrovica and there are no international trains operating on this line on the Serbian direction. But there is an ongoing project to upgrade and electrify the whole line up to the border with Serbia. The EU is giving an 80 mil. EUR grant and the gorvernment has taken north of 80 mil. more as loans.

Apart from this, lines represented with a grey color are not currently being used.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 11:26 PM   #4
suasion

Likes (Received): 1850

I traveled to Peja on the train a few years ago from Fusha Kosovo, I don't recall any connection south being available at Kilina.
IIRC, the carraige was old Swedish rollling stock.

Spongabob liked this post
suasion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 01:07 PM   #5
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by suasion View Post
I traveled to Peja on the train a few years ago from Fusha Kosovo, I don't recall any connection south being available at Kilina.
IIRC, the carraige was old Swedish rollling stock.
There are no passenger trains using this line at the moment, it's being used for freight only. The TrainKos lines map might be misleading because it shows all the lines while offering service on only three of them. I only included it to show where the main stations are. I will write a line of the first post to note this.

suasion liked this post

Last edited by ntom; October 3rd, 2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #6
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1531

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
There are no passenger trains using this line at the moment, it's being used for freight only. The TrainKos lines map might be misleading because it shows all the lines while offering service on only three of them. I only included it to show where the main stations are. I will write a line of the first post to note this.
The line maps are planed project from TrainKos. You can see even for Pristina Airport there is no railway connection. This was a plan of the former Head of Pristina Municipality, Isa Mustafa for building a railway line connecting Pristina with Airport. I remember that time he asked 40 milion euro loan from Government for this line and for building a tram within the town. The loan was refused. Now Isa Mustafa is the Prime Minister, so this plan connecting Pristina with Airport came to light again. Lets see and wait...

More infos in regards to planned Urban Train you can find in link below:

https://kk.rks-gov.net/prishtina/get...ENDIM.pdf.aspx

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by Plisat; October 4th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote