daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #81
Zoso_69
CitySlicker

Likes (Received): 0

CityPlace Tower...

I've noticed that in the pictures of Toronto's future skyline (below) with the cityplace project complete, that the highest tower is about as tall (maybe taller) as the Scotia building itself. Are these accurate measurments??? I'm almost positive they're not but I haven't really known for certain. It'd be kick ass if they are though. Anyways, does anyone know the actually height of the tallest tower in the CityPlace project? It could be in the thread but I'm not shure... ===B.T.W. Scotia's 275 M, 902Ft and 68 Floors===

Future Skyline

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:30 AM   #82
KGB

Likes (Received): 48

The Signature tower at Cityplace will be about 713 feet as per the current design. The reason it looks taller from that location, is that it's closer in the foreground than The MINT towers at King & Bay. It's about the same distance from the CN Tower...so draw a straight line over to it, and the scale should be about right.

KGB
KGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #83
heavyzakura334
Comrade Heavy

Dude, you guys are lucky...

Congrats people of Toronto, I love these kinds of threads. I am glad to see development around the world. I am also excited about the growth taking place in Mexico's second city: Guadalajara. We didnt have good skyscrapers for a while, but now there is a boom to build and it looks like we ill be getting some interesting buildings. Here is one: and just to tease you more, here is another one: hope you visit our theread bout growth:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...8&page=4&pp=20
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #84
Zoso_69
CitySlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB
The Signature tower at Cityplace will be about 713 feet as per the current design. The reason it looks taller from that location, is that it's closer in the foreground than The MINT towers at King & Bay. It's about the same distance from the CN Tower...so draw a straight line over to it, and the scale should be about right.KGB

Weird, the line thing works...Thx KGB. It's still tall enough for me, can't wait till it's finished...
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #85
FK

Likes (Received): 1284

Toronto's gonna look great in a few years

!!
FK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #86
Zoso_69
CitySlicker

Eww

I'm starting to love the city more everyday....

That means i probably would've hated it back in the 50's....I just found this pic and I think its really depressing

The C.N. Before its Glory

Last edited by Zoso_69; April 14th, 2005 at 07:48 AM.
Zoso_69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #87
DrJoe
Registered Idiot

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy

Where is it? Is that a parking among the roads?
Well that would be the airport. And yes it is a gigantic parking lot, amongst a nest of roads.
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #88
Zoso_69
CitySlicker

When Is The New Terminal In Use or Is It Already???
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #89
KGB

A couple of really nice buildings that will probably turn out much nicer than anticipated, are two side-by-side buildings at UofT (along College St).

The Leslie Dan Pharmacy building by Foster looks deceivingly boring in this render...but the real thing is much nicer...it's completion has been delayed for 3 months due to engineering complications...but you can already see it emerging....the upper facade is not as boring as it looks...the non-window parts are not plain glass....and the 5 storey atrium has two oval "pods" suspended from the ceiling...they are actually lecture halls for 60 and 80 students.

Another cool building is going up right beside it...the Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, by Benisch, Benisch & Partners.

Another new complex at the same intersection is the Mars Discovery building....the new buildings are fine...if a bit subdued...but it's the rather imposing old structure in the middle that will be reborn, and the combination will look quite spectacular. The old building was almost invisable before, hidden behind scraggly old trees, and looking pretty dowdy...I think people are going to be pretty impressed with this new complex.

University and College is going to be a pretty impressive architectual focal point when these projects are completed.

KGB

Last edited by KGB; April 14th, 2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #90
cassius

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoso_69
I've noticed that in the pictures of Toronto's future skyline (below) with the cityplace project complete, that the highest tower is about as tall (maybe taller) as the Scotia building itself. Are these accurate measurments??? I'm almost positive they're not but I haven't really known for certain. It'd be kick ass if they are though. Anyways, does anyone know the actually height of the tallest tower in the CityPlace project? It could be in the thread but I'm not shure... ===B.T.W. Scotia's 275 M, 902Ft and 68 Floors===

Future Skyline
This isn't an official CityPlace rendering either. I did this one a while back but tried to keep heights as accurate as possible. Designs of the buildings themselves aren't accurate.
cassius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #91
G_DOG

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyzakura334
Congrats people of Toronto, I love these kinds of threads. I am glad to see development around the world. I am also excited about the growth taking place in Mexico's second city: Guadalajara. We didnt have good skyscrapers for a while, but now there is a boom to build and it looks like we ill be getting some interesting buildings. Here is one: and just to tease you more, here is another one: hope you visit our theread bout growth:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...8&page=4&pp=20
do they call it the chia pet building !
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #92
Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoso_69
When Is The New Terminal In Use or Is It Already???
The new Terminal 1 has been operational for a little more than a year now.
Rockefeller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #93
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 846

Thanks for the pic of future Trana but it will certainly be better than that. That photo only takes ito account building ready to go or under construction.
Look at just 2 days ago when they announced the 53story Ritz-Carleton basically across from the CBC.
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #94
You are to blame

Likes (Received): 95

here is a better more encompasson image showing more project of the future toronto also done by cassius

Most of the buildings to the left aren't built yet and this doesn't show the ritz, which will nicely fill in the gap between the cn tower and the CBD

Last edited by You are to blame; April 15th, 2005 at 09:23 PM.
You are to blame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #95
Zoso_69
CitySlicker

Thats Amazing..... That Could Compete With Chicago.......................maybe
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #96
Roch5220
My dog rules

Likes (Received): 10

Not quite. The buildings are way too short still.
Roch5220 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #97
KGB

That last pano is nice....be great if someone could add Ritz in between CN Tower and Simcoe Place, seeing as se have a render. The eastern harbourfront will also be getting some towers along Queen's Quay West as well...no design as of yet of course...but the city had been talking about some sizable density on the north side of the street, including a major eastern skyline focal point.

KGB
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:49 AM   #98
Not in service

That looks awesome!

I think you also add Bay/Adelaide Centre. From that angle, it would be clearly visible behind Trump (assuming the bloody thing gets built by 2015!)

Here are a couple more that I didn't see

SAS headquarters - U/C

Ryerson School of Business - U/C

Stern's One St.Thomas - U/C

22 Wellesley - U/C

The Royal Conservatory of Music expansion - U/C

The Hazelton - U/C

Malibu - U/C (any friggin day now!)

Julie Ovenell-Carter, Vancouver Sun

Last edited by 416; April 16th, 2005 at 01:02 AM.
416 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2005, 02:06 AM   #99
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

RadioCity - U/C

West Harbour City

London

Spire (2nd Rendering) - U/C

Last edited by Skybean; April 16th, 2005 at 02:18 AM.
Skybean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #100
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 4

Good for Toronto. I have an internet friend from Toronto, and he always shows me pictures of his beautiful neighborhood in Toronto, it's very nice!
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote