daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:17 AM   #121
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
Surprisingly i cannot understand Polish, while Slovak and Czech language are not that hard to understand. I used to meet many Slovaks and Czechs on Croatian coast, and I would have quite fluent conversations with them, seriously. Also for some reason, they seem to understand Croatian better than we can understand their languages
My brother in Prague was speaking in Croatian to the Czechs but they had no idea what he was on about .... he still persisted speaking Croatian too them.

Highcliff liked this post
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:20 AM   #122
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
I vow never to steal from you again Bubach.
Are you trying to convince me that a 'right click disabled' on my website ain't that necessary ?

bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:23 AM   #123
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
My brother in Prague was speaking in Croatian to the Czechs but they had no idea what he was on about .... he still persisted speaking Croatian too them.
Ohlalalaaa, that makes sense, is your brother's Croatian as good as yours ?

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:25 AM   #124
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Are you trying to convince me that a 'right click disabled' on my website ain't that necessary ?
Actually, I dont know with me. I strongly suggest as a precaution that you enable this feature.

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:28 AM   #125
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Ohlalalaaa, that makes sense, is your brother's Croatian as good as yours ?
He speaks it more with a heavy Australian accent, where as moi has since forgotten half the language. Some days it rolls off my tongue, other days .... lets just say I am left speechless ....

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:38 AM   #126
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
Actually, I dont know with me. I strongly suggest as a precaution that you enable this feature.
I was thinking about making it disabled, even though your intentions are not very encouraging, so i hope you will behave this time
btw, why is it so hard to save a photo and later upload it to one of many free image hosting servers? Ohhhh, it takes time....right? I see hehe

Old April 21st, 2005, 04:44 AM   #127
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
He speaks it more with a heavy Australian accent, where as moi has since forgotten half the language. Some days it rolls off my tongue, other days .... lets just say I am left speechless ....
I see
So you do have an Australian accent as well, right? Then i would probably struggle a little bit to understand you, so would my wife. She's even worse than me when it comes to different english accents, she just gives up right after she hears it That's one of the reasons why i dont have an accent anymore lol

Old April 21st, 2005, 05:36 AM   #128
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
I was thinking about making it disabled, even though your intentions are not very encouraging, so i hope you will behave this time
btw, why is it so hard to save a photo and later upload it to one of many free image hosting servers? Ohhhh, it takes time....right? I see hehe
I like stealing .....

Old April 21st, 2005, 05:39 AM   #129
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
I see
So you do have an Australian accent as well, right? Then i would probably struggle a little bit to understand you, so would my wife. She's even worse than me when it comes to different english accents, she just gives up right after she hears it That's one of the reasons why i dont have an accent anymore lol
I dont really have an Australian accent when I speak Croatian. I noticed that accents can be heard in Croatian if the person has a heavy Australian or US accent to begin with.

Old April 21st, 2005, 06:01 AM   #130
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
I dont really have an Australian accent when I speak Croatian. I noticed that accents can be heard in Croatian if the person has a heavy Australian or US accent to begin with.
Are we on accent issues, I have English accent and as I speak French and Italian I often like to pretend to be one - lol. Where I live there are so many Aussies we call it Ozz - accents are funny - well they like to end with Mick to often, you'a right Mick , lol.
There are few local accents you guys will have very hard time understanding, Scowser (Liverpool accent), New Castle and Scottish accent are very foreign to most ppl who come to UK for the first time, they have hard time understanding.

Even English ppl have hard time understanding them, I mean we often need to ask - can you say that again, lol
I sometimes have hard time placing South African accent, but otherwise all other accents are fine with me.

PS. - edit ----
My Croatian Accent is very English, if you heard me you'd figure out where I was from pretty quick, lol...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; April 21st, 2005 at 06:45 AM.
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:03 AM   #131
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
But you have a Dalmatian (Cakavski dialect) accent when you speak Croatian?
I have a typical Zagreb accent, sometimes also like to add stuff from Kajkavian dialect from Zagorje, but only privately...i didnt ever apply for a job speaking like that

BTW, your English is just too perfect and very flexible. You dont ever make any mistakes like I do or LF does

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:07 AM   #132
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
Are we on accent issues, I have English accent and as I speak French and Italian I often like to pretend to be one - lol. Where I live there are so many Aussies we call it Ozz - accents are funny - well they like to end with Mick to often, you'a right Mick , lol.
There are few local accents you guys will have very hard time understanding, Scowser (Liverpool accent), New Castle and Scottish accent are very foreign to most ppl who come to UK for the first time, they have hard time understanding.

Even English ppl have hard time understanding them, I mean we often need to ask - can you say that again, lol
I sometimes have hard time placing South African accent, but otherwise all other accents are fine with me.

PS. - edit ----
My Croatian Accent is very English, if you heard me you'd figure out where I was from pretty quick, lol...

At least you aren't owning up to having a Cockney accent Mick .... LOL

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:09 AM   #133
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
But you have a Dalmatian (Cakavski dialect) accent when you speak Croatian?
I have a typical Zagreb accent, sometimes also like to add stuff from Kajkavian dialect from Zagorje, but only privately...i didnt ever apply for a job speaking like that

BTW, your English is just too perfect and very flexible. You dont ever make any mistakes like I do or LF does
I actually dont speak Cakavski, but I do use Ikavski which gets muddles up with the standard norm of Jekavski. They find me weird in Zagreb .... LOL

The dialect in Zadar to me doesnt seem as heavy as from other parts of Croatia.

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:11 AM   #134
SinCity
Streetwalker

BTW - Bubach, I'm more than happy to help you on your website. Let me know if you need any proof reading .... English that is .....

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:24 AM   #135
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

^ Thanks SinCity, your help would be honestly appreciated . But you also realize that you are gonna get just a screenshot of my website with the address bar being covered

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:31 AM   #136
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
^ Thanks SinCity, your help would be honestly appreciated . But you also realize that you are gonna get just a screenshot of my website with the address bar being covered
Shucks ........ you really are making me pay for my past crimes. I was only merely advertsing for free the excellent features of your website.

Old April 21st, 2005, 07:52 AM   #137
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

I got no worries this time. I just ordered a program that is supposed to prevent surfers from hotlinking images from your website. The program is called 'SinCity Stopper v.2.14' and it comes with an additional protection called 'Long Foot Blaster v1.89 beta"

Old April 21st, 2005, 08:42 AM   #138
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
I got no worries this time. I just ordered a program that is supposed to prevent surfers from hotlinking images from your website. The program is called 'SinCity Stopper v.2.14' and it comes with an additional protection called 'Long Foot Blaster v1.89 beta"
Dont underestimate me and Long Foot!

You're not the only Croatian webmaster that has come here looking for their photos to be returned.

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:07 AM   #139
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Likes (Received): 30

Interesting conversation, pity I just came to work and have to drink my morning caffee
long foot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:35 AM   #140
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by long foot
Interesting conversation, pity I just came to work and have to drink my morning caffee
I see my partner in crime has arrived ......