daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:56 PM   #161
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Praska street in spring

Highcliff liked this post
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:02 PM   #162
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Hmm...
Gornji Grad

Old April 21st, 2005, 10:50 PM   #163
maciekwr

Likes (Received): 1

Croatia is one of my favourite countries, and love Croatian coastline, Croatian nature, Croatian girls. Greetings from Poland!
maciekwr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:15 AM   #164
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciekwr
Croatia is one of my favourite countries, and love Croatian coastline, Croatian nature, Croatian girls. Greetings from Poland!
Greetings to you and our other Polish friends.

SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:10 PM   #165
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Likes (Received): 30

Bubach, čisto da znaš, riješio sam onaj problem. Štos je bio u tome da bi mi, prilikom cropiranja slike program prebacio odnos broj pixela/veličina slike sa pixel/cm na pixel/inch, a zadržao bi istu vrijednost, pa bi se dimenzije slike povećale 2,5 puta. Eto tako
long foot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM   #166
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Znam kaj je bil problem, jer su se i meni slicne 'enigme' dogadjale pri prvim kontaktima s grafickim programima. Otvoris sliku u pikselima, a cropas ju u vrijednosti incha, napr. lol

Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:42 PM   #167
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Dauntaun Zagreb

Draskovic street :

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)

Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM   #168
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Step by step

And some new pics from me

Praška:

"Bookstore" in Marić pasage between Praška and Gajeva:

Gajeva:

Strossmayer is coming back

Now we are leaving old down town and going to the old Sava river

Art sculpture on the left bank of Sava

And another one

This building was "Jedinstvo" factory long time ago, now it is "Močvara", underground night club

And few residential towers from my neighbourhood in New Zagreb

Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:10 AM   #169
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

I forgot to get off the bus in Novi Zagreb, so i ended up going towards south..to little town - Jasterbarsko (Zagreb county)

..and i finally got off the bus in Karlovac county

Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:41 AM   #170
AstroBoy

Likes (Received): 3

I guess next is the New Zagreb thread. Does anyone feel like taking a bus ride to Velika Gorica ????
AstroBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:03 AM   #171
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

^ Yeah, lets not just be too busy taking pics from the bus, otherwise we will have to order Karlovacko beer, instead Ozujsko

Old April 23rd, 2005, 05:06 AM   #172
AstroBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
^ Yeah, lets not just be too busy taking pics from the bus, otherwise we will have to order Karlovacko beer, instead Ozujsko
LOL
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:05 AM   #173
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

hi ya guys, I would like to ce pictures of Buzin area, and Zagreb Airport, something to ce the progress of works what has changed since I was last time in Zagreb.

I wouldn't mind having all Zagreb threads here, all pics of Zagreb, I know it is named Zagreb lower town but we don't need to open thread for every district of city like some other ppl do.

I am sure ppl would love to ce the rest of the city here as well, lol,. well I would for start...

thanx guys for your positive comments, If I don't respond to your comments it is not cose I don't care, I actually very much do, but I prefer to keep it to my self, sorry, I guess I am quite reserved kind of person, but I do appreciate and to show you how much I am opening my self to you here, lol...

Thanx LF, Thanx SC, Thanx AB, Thanx BH Thanx guys... I'll try to do more research.
I think it is great thing happening in Novi Zagreb, it looks way cool.

One think what appalled me a lot when I heard about 4 little gipsy boys being attacked and bitten by 4 grown up policemen on Jelacic Square, I thought this was appalling, racist and should be condemned. I am appalled of such barbarism, if this kind of act happed in UK - this policemen would loose there jobs on spot go to jail and Police and State would need to pay composition to injured party. Talking of human rights abuse, I can't believe this kind of thing happening in civilised country, I know they might have ben picket pocketing (I say might - no proof found) and so on, it happens all over the world - go to Italy, London, Paris - all over - but you don't beat ppl for it, you arrest and charge them.

I think this is a prime example for human rights watch and issue with European Court for Human Rights in Strasburg, I actually might get in touch with them and have the Zagreb Police prosecuted and investigate, barbarism and torture is when communist ruled, Croatia is democratic and free country now, no such appalling crimes are needed.

Government of Croatia - ministry of Justice and authorities should act swiftly as this is not the way democratic countries behave.

Sorry to go all political, I am strong liberal, believe in human rights, rights of every minority and issues of political and social justice. I am staunch supporter of freedom for all, and rule of law, but when those that represent the law abuse there powers, - this is no longer an issue we can avoid, this 4 policemen must be prosecuted to the full extant of the law, fired and prosecuted as a warning to all who think they can take law in to there hands. In UK they would be already in prison, it is violation of basic human rights, sorry to go on, but I was so appalled when I read the article I will definitely be getting in touch with European Council and have this issue investigated.

Guys if you ever get arrested or abused by Police in Croatia, get in touch with me, I am very good at EU Law and human rights issues - also very good at making sure justice prevails to those that are most vulnerable throughout the society.

Sorry for this...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:36 AM   #174
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Hey, Mike, how are ya ?

I am glad you brought this up and your observation on this. But seriously dont know what to say about these policemen and their brutality applied on those gypsies. I can say i am embarrased because of it
On the other hand, It happens all over the world constantly.
I would say that it's got nothing to do with a country being democratic or not, it is about induviduals, that will most likely in this case get suspended or fired.
I personally haven't ever had any negative experiences with the police in Croatia, they always treated me nicely, but from your story, i believe there always must be an idiot or two that will make the entire country or its system look bad

Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM   #175
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Eh, ti cace gospine sinjske, nest' ti boljeg grada od Sinja u Dalmatinskoj zagori

Ehejhejhej hej hej hej, ojha

Sinj:

Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM   #176
long foot
otišao i neće se vratiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
I forgot to get off the bus in Novi Zagreb, so i ended up going towards south..to little town - Jasterbarsko (Zagreb county)

čovjek bi pomislio da nema nijedne stanice između Zagreba i Karlovca, već samo pustinja

U vezi onih Roma, koje su policajci tukli, stvar je krenula sasvim drugim tokom: sami Romi su opovrgnuli optužbe da su ih policajci tukli. Optužuje ih jedino neki prilaznik koji je to "vidio". Koliko tko govori istine, nemam pojma, vjerojatno je istina negdje u sredini, a mediji su onda napumpali stvar, ali nisam začuđen, takve se stvari u Zagrebu događaju često. prošle je godine bio cijeli niz rasističkkih napada na strane studente, na neke Pakistance, čak i na sina egipatskog veleposlanika (ako se ne varam) itd, a policija nije zatvorila nikoga. razlog: nisu ih uspjeli naći. mo'š mislit kako nisu, mogu ščepat mafijaše velikog kalibrai strpat ih u ćuzu, a ne mogu šačicu ćelavih balavaca...

ali to je neka druga priča

uzdravlje, idem na kavu.

Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:55 PM   #177
AstroBoy

Sinj makes Knin look like a total shithole, doesnt it?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM   #178
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by long foot

čovjek bi pomislio da nema nijedne stanice između Zagreba i Karlovca, već samo pustinja

U vezi onih Roma, koje su policajci tukli, stvar je krenula sasvim drugim tokom: sami Romi su opovrgnuli optužbe da su ih policajci tukli. Optužuje ih jedino neki prilaznik koji je to "vidio". Koliko tko govori istine, nemam pojma, vjerojatno je istina negdje u sredini, a mediji su onda napumpali stvar, ali nisam začuđen, takve se stvari u Zagrebu događaju često. prošle je godine bio cijeli niz rasističkkih napada na strane studente, na neke Pakistance, čak i na sina egipatskog veleposlanika (ako se ne varam) itd, a policija nije zatvorila nikoga. razlog: nisu ih uspjeli naći. mo'š mislit kako nisu, mogu ščepat mafijaše velikog kalibrai strpat ih u ćuzu, a ne mogu šačicu ćelavih balavaca...

ali to je neka druga priča

uzdravlje, idem na kavu.
okies, LF thanx for telling me, I hate when Police or government abuse there powers, true in UK we had similar case recently where 2 policeman raped a women in her home, it was an outrage, of course the case is still ongoing, they where fired and prosecution is still on-going, as Women wasn't bruised hurt in other way other than raped (which is most appalling thing for woman to go through), they are facing minimum 4 years of imprisonment and will never again be able to work for Government or civil service, but what's more it shows how police is corrupt even in this country which would represent some sort of pinnacle of democracy. They would never be able to show there face in community to be exact cose they would be lynched by locals for sure, but getting a job in there cities is unlikely and trust in police as its lowest ebb.

But I do ce where you coming from and I do agree - this 4 policeman still have to be investigates and fired if shown to be in wrong. I never had problems with Police in Croatia, but I was aware of deep corruption that is prevalent with in police force.

I am of the opinion Croatia needs better system of recruiting its police force and training and education must improve significantly if they to be trusted. I think average policemen is paid over 6000kn a month ands they still abuse there powers, being paid better than teachers and even junior doctors - if you compare it to UK - clearly oxymoron existing in Croatia. But hey don't want to go on and on this the city thread and just wanted t show my displeasure about abuse of any official powers.

thanx again....

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:20 PM   #179
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
okies, LF thanx for telling me, I hate when Police or government abuse there powers, true in UK we had similar case recently where 2 policeman raped a women in her home, it was an outrage, of course the case is still ongoing, they where fired and prosecution is still on-going, as Women wasn't bruised hurt in other way other than raped (which is most appalling thing for woman to go through), they are facing minimum 4 years of imprisonment and will never again be able to work for Government or civil service, but what's more it shows how police is corrupt even in this country which would represent some sort of pinnacle of democracy. They would never be able to show there face in community to be exact cose they would be lynched by locals for sure, but getting a job in there cities is unlikely and trust in police as its lowest ebb.

But I do ce where you coming from and I do agree - this 4 policeman still have to be investigates and fired if shown to be in wrong. I never had problems with Police in Croatia, but I was aware of deep corruption that is prevalent with in police force.

I am of the opinion Croatia needs better system of recruiting its police force and training and education must improve significantly if they to be trusted. I think average policemen is paid over 6000kn a month ands they still abuse there powers, being paid better than teachers and even junior doctors - if you compare it to UK - clearly oxymoron existing in Croatia. But hey don't want to go on and on this the city thread and just wanted t show my displeasure about abuse of any official powers.

thanx again....

lol, Astro, probably it does, Sinj does look nice I must admit typical Mediterranean little town.

Old April 25th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #180
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy
Sinj makes Knin look like a total shithole, doesnt it?
Knin is definately one of the ugliest towns in the country. No offense meant, of korz. It was one of our capitals (1080). But there is really nothing to see, even that fortress on hill above this town doesnt make it look more attractive.

Knin :