daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 27th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #3981
BrickellResidence

Likes (Received): 6661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Fair View Post
You mean this?

It's not a building, it's an observation tower.
again... UM NO..... its a residential building located in Cancun's Marina

image hosted on flickr

happy now?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
BrickellResidence no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #3982
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19049

I wasn't able to find such a building either. Still, it's not a skyline that belongs on a Best North American skyline thread. There is having an opinion and then there is being just plain ridiculous, Mr. Brickellresidence of all the user names to have and no love for Miami.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #3983
Zack Fair

Likes (Received): 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickellresidence View Post
again... UM NO..... its a residential building located in Cancun's Marina

happy now?
Funny, you first mentioned a building 115 meters tall, which is almost exactly the height of Torre Scenica, then you posted a pic of some slabs..ehr apartments, and you claim them to be 115 meters tall (I can count 18 floors + ~7 podium floors on the tallest one, assuming an unlikely height ceiling of 10 foot, it'd be less than 80 meters tall. BTW, the tallest building in Cancun is the Hotel Riu Cancun, 61.83 meters tall according to Emporis, so those apartments are likely shorter than 60 meters).

But you genuinely think that photo belong here. I want to repost it, so everybody can take note of your ridiculous claim.

Is this one of the best North America skyline?

image hosted on flickr

You don't know when to stop, do you?

Last edited by Zack Fair; July 27th, 2014 at 08:43 AM.
Zack Fair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #3984
Nouvellecosse
~ Mysterious Entity ~

Likes (Received): 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by GdlMty View Post
They put pictures of Halifax and I can't put any of Cancun?
Well I think I'm insulted. Comparing Halifax to that.

"Nouvellecosse, by Calvin Klein. Take on the world!"

- MysticMcGoo
Nouvellecosse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #3985
BrickellResidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Fair View Post
Funny, you first mentioned a building 115 meters tall, which is almost exactly the height of Torre Scenica, then you posted a pic of some slabs..ehr apartments, and you claim them to be 115 meters tall (I can count 18 floors + ~7 podium floors on the tallest one, assuming an unlikely height ceiling of 10 foot, it'd be less than 80 meters tall. BTW, the tallest building in Cancun is the Hotel Riu Cancun, 61.83 meters tall according to Emporis, so those apartments are likely shorter than 60 meters).

But you genuinely think that photo belong here. I want to repost it, so everybody can take note of your ridiculous claim.

Is this one of the best North America skyline?

image hosted on flickr

You don't know when to stop, do you?
HAHAHAHA are you seriously mentioning that those buildings are less than 60 meters tall? LOL.....emporis doesn't even have those buildings on record.... LOL.... yeah whatever you win your discussion is lame, keep attacking on forumers who post skylines of their cities... keep doing your job....
BTW NOBODY SAID THAT CANCUN HAS ONE OF THE BEST SKYLINES IN NA, your making that up to create discussion with other forumers ciao have a good week
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #3986
Mojeda101
IG: UrbanLosAngeles

Likes (Received): 1283

Los Angeles is really changing. It's growing. Every year another parking lot is biting the dust and is bringing another tower. As of right now we have a new tallest under construction along with a 4 tower mega project that started construction last month along with various other towers spread across the DTLA area. We should be seeing several more starting construction by years end. Trust me guys, DTLA will have a completely different face in a few years.

scream
by mojeda101, on Flickr
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #3987
GdlMty
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Well I think I'm insulted. Comparing Halifax to that.
For me the skyline of Cancun is much better than "Halifax", a matter of taste.

Last edited by GdlMty; July 27th, 2014 at 11:27 AM.
GdlMty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #3988
Zack Fair

Likes (Received): 755

Quote:
HAHAHAHA are you seriously mentioning that those buildings are less than 60 meters tall? LOL.....emporis doesn't even have those buildings on record.... LOL.... yeah whatever you win your discussion is lame, keep attacking on forumers who post skylines of their cities... keep doing your job....
Yeah I'm serious, you know it's not rocket science doing some math.
I wonder why Emporis doesn't have them on record. Perhaps this have something to do with the fact that they're not worth mentioning?

"Whatever you win" so that's what it's all about, winning a discussion. Are we back at the kindergarten? And I'm sorry but I don't recall "attacking other forumers", maybe the truth that those photos don't belong here is a shock for you? That could explain your juvenile attitude (which is fine if you are 11, btw) and your resentment toward me for stating some simple facts

You seems taking things too seriously.

Quote:
BTW NOBODY SAID THAT CANCUN HAS ONE OF THE BEST SKYLINES IN NA, your making that up to create discussion with other forumers ciao have a good week
Big news! This is the Best North American Skyline thread, so it's somewhat implied that the skylines posted here could be fall into this category...or not? You seem confused.
Old July 27th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #3989
skyscraper 500
Viva Mexico!

Likes (Received): 773

Someone should stop this ridiculous discussion now...

Zack Fair, Im from México, Cancun is NOT one of the best skylines in NA, its pretty cool? yes, it has a nice background but still that doesnt make it a good skyline neither do Halifax, however you should stop arguing with people that wont understand this.

OFFTOPIC please
skyscraper 500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #3990
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper 500 View Post
Someone should stop this ridiculous discussion now...

Zack Fair, Im from México, Cancun is NOT one of the best skylines in NA, its pretty cool? yes, it has a nice background but still that doesnt make it a good skyline neither do Halifax, however you should stop arguing with people that wont understand this.

OFFTOPIC please
Zack Fair's post was at 9:55 AM, the next post being yours was at 8:23 PM, so I had determined that the the discussion had stopped by this point while you seem to want to carry it on, so let's not please.

"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old July 28th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #3992
Ah! Monterrey
Lo veo y lo debo

Likes (Received): 1294

LOVE MIAMI

QuantumX liked this post
Ah! Monterrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #3993
Nouvellecosse
~ Mysterious Entity ~

Likes (Received): 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by GdlMty View Post
For me the skyline of Cancun is much better than "Halifax", a matter of taste.
You claim it's strictly a matter of taste yet you use Halifax's inclusion as defense for Cancun's inclusion as if this should have some objective meaning to people? If you feel it's just a matter of your personal taste then you wouldn't use it as an example that you expect other people to accept unless you assume they're going to feel the same.

In my experience, using "just my opinion" or "my personal taste" is just a cop out that people use when they have no other way to justify their crazy statements. Sure it's true and you're allowed to have whatever opinion you want but you're basically admitting you can offer no reason why anyone besides you should agree with it.

"Nouvellecosse, by Calvin Klein. Take on the world!"

- MysticMcGoo

Nouvellecosse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #3994
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 32152

Miami, Florida

Carnival Glory - Miami - Cruise Ship Port - Miami Skyline (2) by jared422_80, on Flickr

Carnival Glory - View of Miami & Miami Beach Skyline by jared422_80, on Flickr
Old July 29th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #3995
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10381

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
DSC_0047 by Quantum2010, on Flickr
Quantum, is the Miami skyline spreading south as well? In this pic it seems downtown ends abruptly and gives way to 2-story homes. Yet it seems the growth is increasingly to the north. Do you know why there's not as much growth to the south? Is it wealthy NIMBYs?

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #3996
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10381

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldenbg View Post
Gay CN Tower is beautiful. If I could have anything in New York, I'd take a supertall with rainbow neon lighting on 57th Street. Sigh. New York needs a lot more colors. Too much brown and blue at the moment.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

Aceventura, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 06:52 AM   #3997
BrickellResidence

Mexico City

Last edited by BrickellResidence; July 29th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
BrickellResidence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #3998
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Quantum, is the Miami skyline spreading south as well? In this pic it seems downtown ends abruptly and gives way to 2-story homes. Yet it seems the growth is increasingly to the north. Do you know why there's not as much growth to the south? Is it wealthy NIMBYs?
You got it!

My photo threads:

Old July 29th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #3999
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 32152

Panama City, Panama

Panama City skyline viewed from Ancon Hill by nabobswims, on Flickr

rockinmoz, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #4000
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2111

Panama City is a tough one to rank. Crazy height/density/quantity that puts it on the scale of Toronto, and yet so much of it looks so terrible. The glass towers are pretty cool, but all the white painted slabs are gross. I realize it's 4th based on everybody's favorite metric (and probably the most fair/accurate one I know of): http://tudl0867.home.xs4all.nl/skylines.html

However, its poor showing in other categories like quality, variety, and cohesiveness sink this one just outside of my Top 10.