daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #921
GenericUser

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
I don't find much of the architecture in Toronto all that attractive, nor the way the skyline is spread out (one big cluster, with smaller buildings stemming out from there). It gives it one dense core, but the rest looks rather drab. That said, Vancouver I don't particularly find to have amazing architecture either, but Vancouver's backdrop and harbour prop up the skyline as a whole, and it is quite a dense city.
You mad TO has a MUCH better skyline than any Australian schitty? Ya, you mad

Haters gonna hate...
GenericUser no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #922
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

There's no reasoning with you lot, is there? You just assume people are jealous, or 'hating' on you if they say something even remotely negative about your city. Grow up. The world isn't anywhere near as in love with you as you seem to think.

I give my reasons, whether you like it or not, I don't really care. End of the day, it's my opinion, not yours.

I think it's you who's mad though
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #923
Wapper

Likes (Received): 6573

I'm not going to give a top list, because I'm no expert. I've taken a look at some pictures of different skylines, but it's just hard to judge. It depends very much on from how far the picture is taken and from what angle.

Though I very much like New York, San Francisco and Seattle.
Wapper está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #924
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2585

Quote:
There's no reasoning with you lot, is there? You just assume people are jealous, or 'hating' on you if they say something even remotely negative about your city. Grow up. The world isn't anywhere near as in love with you as you seem to think.

I give my reasons, whether you like it or not, I don't really care. End of the day, it's my opinion, not yours.

Maybe he's not even from Toronto. I am, but I couldn't care less if you put it in your top 5 or not. It's your opinion, I don't know why people get so offended if we're not included.
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #925
GenericUser

Quote:

gl w/ ur assumption goals of 2011!

No, I'm not from Toronto. I'm actually from Chicago
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #926
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericUser View Post
No, I'm not from Toronto. I'm actually from Chicago
Oh snap! I have to admit Dime had that coming. He shouldn't assume that observations he dislikes must be due to bias.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM   #927
Dimethyltryptamine

I may have had it coming, but he obviously disliked what I said and assumed I was bias due to Toronto apparently having a better skyline than any Australian "schitty" - guess we're in the same boat.

It's not like I jump up and down crying bias, hate, or that someone is mad when they rank Melbourne above Sydney...
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #928
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

NY

image hosted on flickr

Pointers by Several seconds, on Flickr

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #929
GenericUser

Quote:
I may have had it coming, but he obviously disliked what I said and assumed I was bias due to Toronto apparently having a better skyline than any Australian "schitty" - guess we're in the same boat.

It's not like I jump up and down crying bias, hate, or that someone is mad when they rank Melbourne above Sydney...
Im not biased. Any OBJECTIVE scale will tell you that Toronto has a better skyline than ANY australian city. Number of highrises [check], number of buildings above 150m [check], scale of the core [check], and this is all putting the entirety of any australian city against just downtown Toronto. Don't forget that Toronto has more mini-skylines than any australian city as well. I opened up the thread about mini skylines in australian cities and literally started laughing at the comparisons you guys were making to Toronto.

Why am I defending Toronto? Because I've lurked these forums for a really long time and have noticed that virtually all australian members have a serious inferiority complex, especially when it comes to topics relating to our northern neighbours.

Edit: Fun fact; Toronto has almost as many high-rises as Sydney+Melbourne+Gold Coast City+Brisbane put together

Last edited by GenericUser; June 27th, 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Further discrediting Dime.
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #930
bennyboo

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Im not biased. Any OBJECTIVE scale will tell you that Toronto has a better skyline than ANY australian city. Number of highrises [check], number of buildings above 150m [check], scale of the core [check], and this is all putting the entirety of any australian city against just downtown Toronto. Don't forget that Toronto has more mini-skylines than any australian city as well. I opened up the thread about mini skylines in australian cities and literally started laughing at the comparisons you guys were making to Toronto.

Why am I defending Toronto? Because I've lurked these forums for a really long time and have noticed that virtually all australian members have a serious inferiority complex, especially when it comes to topics relating to our northern neighbours.

Edit: Fun fact; Toronto has almost as many high-rises as Sydney+Melbourne+Gold Coast City+Brisbane put together
yea but austrailia has FAR better natural suroundings personaly melbourne and sydney have better looking skyscrapers even tho they may not be as tall as toronto. also harbour bridge and sydney opera house are far more iconic than the cn tower. id say sydney is better than toronto and melbourne can compare. stats dont define a skyline
bennyboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #931
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55286

Guys, please stay on topic, this thread is for the discussion of north American skylines only. Everybody is entitle to their own opinions about which city has the best skyline. Remember that a downtown that has more and taller skyscrapers doesn't necessary mean it has a better skyline.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by Yellow Fever; June 27th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #932
Dimethyltryptamine

Quote:

What ever helps you sleep at night, buddy.
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #933
GenericUser

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) Toronto
4) Panama
5) Vancouver
6) Miami
7) Houston
8) LA
9) Atlanta
10) San Francisco
11) Seattle
12) Calgary
13) Dallas
14) Philadelphia
15) Montreal
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #934
đđeůx
Still Comin' Out Strong

Likes (Received): 1955

I think we all know who wins the title of Best NA Skyline.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #936
Kngkyle

Likes (Received): 21

Those New York panoramas are awesome.

Here's some of Chicago, I apologize if they've been posted before.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #937
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

crazy guys

Zefire liked this post
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote