daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > Classic Architecture

Classic Architecture Discussions on heritage buildings, monuments and landmarks.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2017, 08:32 PM   #121
Notgnirracen

Likes (Received): 1653

Fascinating place, those painted walls look amazing! Also, nice to see someone else posting here
Notgnirracen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:53 AM   #122
Sorry for my English

Likes (Received): 4686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry for my English View Post
Kolomenskiy Palace

Moscow

1667 - 1672; 2010

Kolomenskiy Palace recalls the classical palaces from the old Russian fairy tale. It was built in the 17th century by order of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich. The wonderful wooden palace with emerald green domes and towers became an ornament of the tiny Kolomenskoe village. The beautiful palace existed only a few decades ago and began to decay gradually. Later, there was nothing on the site of the once majestic building.

The idea of ​​restoring the magical palace was made just over twenty years ago. The modern architects and designers have built the 'new' old Kolomenskiy Palace. The models of the palace have been preserved for centuries and have been used during reconstructions. With their help the original form of the beautiful Tsar's Palace was restored.

In the course of several reconstructions, the historians and painters have succeeded in recreating the original setting of the palace. The palace visitors have a chance to wander past the royal apartments of Yelisaveta Petrovna, to graze on the painted ceilings and walls, as well as the stained glass windows and to watch the collection of the ancient icons. The palace looks incredibly harmonious and realistic. The inexperienced tourists will hardly believe that this remarkable architectural monument was erected just a few years ago. Many tourists prefer to visit the palace surrounded by the incredibly beautiful garden in the spring. In May, hundreds of trees and tulips bloom in the garden, around which the building looks even more irresistible.

A few more photos..

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/angeli...um/380837?&p=3
Old December 1st, 2017, 02:54 PM   #123
Sorry for my English

Palace of tsarevich Dmitriy (Palace of Uglich princes)

Uglich, Yaroslavl region

1480s

The Princely Chamber, found in the Uglich Kremlin territory, is known primarily as residence of Tsarevich Dmitry, killed in 1591, the last from the Rurik dynasty, the heir of Ivan the Terrible. Before the tragic events the Princely Chamber as the name itself implies, was home to many notable persons.

The Chamber is among the oldest extant residential buildings in whole Russia. In fact, today's Princely Chamber is only part of a huge complex of residential and ceremonial buildings that were initially built of wood, and then under Andrew V. Large, of stone. It is believed that Swedish Prince Gustav, a son of King Eric IV, reputed an alchemist and magician, according to popular rumor, lived in the Chamber after the death of Tsarevich Dmitry. During the Polish invasion the Princely Chamber along with the Transfiguration Cathedral became the last refuge for the desperate citizens. The complex was burned by the Poles and then demolished, with only its front and main parts, i.e. the Princely Chamber itself, survived by a miracle. As legend has it, three masters-builders climbed the Chamber walls in hope to get bricks, but all of them fell down for inexplicable reason. Since then no one else wanted to risk their lives, it was decided to leave the Chamber to itself. Later an Uglich merchant repaired the Chamber, attached a stone porch to it, surrounded it by a fence and decorated its upstairs with paintings. The Chamber underwent next restoration in 1890-1892, and in 1982 a museum was opened at the Princely Chamber.

The Princely Chamber has been delighting the eye of people over a hundred years being not only an architectural monument, but also a symbol of great skill of the architects and great striving of the citizens to preserve historically significant landmark.

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/k0t3na/album/145869?&p=2

Titan Man, Notgnirracen, Roy Corduroy liked this post
Sorry for my English está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:54 PM   #124
Sorry for my English

Chambers of the Romanov Boyars

Moscow

16th-17th cent

When Mikhail Romanov was elected Tsar in 1613, his family had for centuries been making steady progress up the social and political ladder of Muscovy. This palace, built by Mikhail's grandfather, Nikita Zakharin (the Romanov name was adopted by his children), was a mark of the family's status in the reign of Ivan the Terrible (confirmed beyond doubt by the young Ivan's marriage to Nikita's sister, Anastasia in 1547). Before his death, Ivan made Nikita joint regent with Boris Godunov and, as the latter moved to have himself crowned Tsar, boyars from the older families rallied round the Romanov faction in opposition. Godunov prevailed, and the family was exiled en masse to beyond the Urals. The head of the family, Feodor Nikitich, was forced to take monastic vows, assuming the name Filaret. It was in this capacity that, after Godunov's death, he rose to become Patriarch, the eminence grise behind the throne of the two False Dimitrys and then of his son, Mikhail I.

From Mikhail's election by the boyar assembly onwards, the family lived in the Kremlin, and it wasn't until the 19th Century that Nicholas I decided to have the building restored to its former glories as a tribute to his ancestors. Since 1859, it has operated as a museum, one of the first in city, offering visitors an opportunity to experience aristocratic life in the Moscow of the Middle Ages first-hand. The house is on two levels, the ground floor devoted to the public 'men's' rooms, and the second storey to the ladies' quarters, where the women spent their days weaving and doing needlework. The beautiful interiors, meticulously recreated by the architect Richter, show the very different styles of the two floors: the men's section is dark and imposing, with exquisitely tooled leather coverings on the walls, while the second floor is pleasantly light and airy, the walls lined with pale wood.

Although a venerable Moscow institution, the Palace is for some reason not often frequented by foreigners. This is shame, as it's a genuinely fascinating and appealing museum that gives an unusually complete glimpse of a world unknown to most Russians, let alone foreign visitors.

https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/l...1539266?page=0

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/veras-5431/album/551146?

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vinalnik/album/231863?
Old December 8th, 2017, 10:56 AM   #125
Notgnirracen

The Marble Palace

Federal City of Saint Petersburg

Built: 1768-1785

Commissioned by: Grigory Orlov

Architect: Antonio Rinaldi

Alexei Nekrassov, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Guy Fawkes, on Flickr

Old December 8th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #126
Notgnirracen

New Michael Palace

Federal City of Saint Petersburg

Built: 1857-1862

Commissioned by: Grand Duke Michael Nikolaevich

Architect: Andrei Stackenschneider

Andrey Korchagin, on Flickr

Old December 8th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #127
Notgnirracen

Brianchaninov Manor

Gryazovetsky District, Vologda Oblast

Built: 1809-1810

Commissioned by: Alexander Semenovich Bryanchaninov

Architect: Alexander Sapozhnikov

Old December 8th, 2017, 12:06 PM   #128
ankesh

Likes (Received): 0

to understand History and heritage in details, please refer these books

Hi, its my first post. I want to tell you all who had interest with heritage and history book.may refer these books.

these books are also very useful for RAS pre and mains exams
ankesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #129
Sorry for my English

Terem Palace

Moscow

1635 - 1636

Terem Palace or Teremnoy Palace (Russian: Теремной дворец) is a historical building in the Moscow Kremlin, Russia, which used to be the main residence of the Russian tsars in the 17th century. Its name is derived from the Greek word τερεμνον (i.e., "dwelling"). Currently, the structure is not accessible to the public, as it belongs to the official residence of the President of Russia.

In the 16th century Aloisio da Milano constructed the first royal palace on the spot. Only the ground floor survives from that structure, as the first Romanov tsar, Mikhail Feodorovich, had the palace completely rebuilt in 1635–36. The new structure was surrounded by numerous annexes and outbuildings, including the Boyar Platform, Golden Staircase, Golden Porch, and several turrets. On Mikhail's behest, the adjoining Golden Tsaritsa's Chamber constructed back in the 1560s for Ivan IV's wife, was surmounted with 11 golden domes of the Upper Saviour Cathedral. The complex of the palace also incorporates several churches of earlier construction, including the Church of the Virgin's Nativity from the 1360s.

The palace consists of five stories. The third story was occupied by the tsaritsa and her children; the fourth one contained the private apartments of the tsar. The upper story is a tent-like structure where the Boyar Duma convened. The exterior, exuberantly decorated with brick tracery and colored tiles, is brilliantly painted in red, yellow, and orange. The interior used to be painted as well, but the original murals were destroyed by successive fires, particularly the great fire of 1812. In 1837, the interiors were renovated in accordance with old drawings in the Russian Revival style.

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kaite9...um/503238?&p=3

Teremnoy palace10 [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], by polikliet (Запретный плод. Большой Кремлёвский Дворец), from Wikimedia Commons

Teremnoy palace6 [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], by polikliet (Запретный плод. Большой Кремлёвский Дворец), from Wikimedia Commons
Old December 9th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #130
Sorry for my English

some more pics..

https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/gnborisova/album/147355?

Notgnirracen, Titan Man liked this post
Sorry for my English está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote