daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Estonia > Tallinn

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2012, 04:37 AM   #3501
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 498

I really like that Kentmanni street building. I love the terraced approach and how it manages to appear as tall (low) as the neighbouring Kentmanni 32a building at streetscape but then climbs almost to the height of the commieblock next to it, creating a kind of a semi-closed courtyard between the buildings. Of course a closed block would be better but that's cleary not possible to achieve here. BTW, I only just noticed that the commieblock (Liivalaia 25) is actually a non-standard project in the way it's connected to Kentmanni 32a - http://goo.gl/maps/fJGTw

Sponsored Links

Old October 31st, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3502
mhklrs

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
Planned new apartment building at Kärneri 5,Rocca Al Mare. Building has 24 apartments.

Weird solution for the glazed balconies. Lets hope that the buyers don't go Lasnamäe on that house. Not that it's particularly beatiful to begin with.
mhklrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3503
mhkl

Likes (Received): 17

http://www.ehitusuudised.ee/?Publica...c44dc7&ref=rss

Quote:
Suve hakul välja kuulutatud arhitektuurivõistlus, mille eesmärk oli kujundada Skanskale kuuluvaid Admiraliteedi ala kinnistuid, on nüüdseks lõpule jõudnud. Viieliikmeline ˛ürii valis võidutööks Arhitekt 11 OÜ projekti „PROMENAADI MAJA – elu keset linna“.
Quote:
Eesmärk on ehitusega alustada 2013. aasta teises pooles

more renders: http://www.skanska.ee/promenaadimaja
mhkl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3504
Ebajalg
Ööinimene

Likes (Received): 32

Estonians confirmed for the nation that has the worst taste.
I don't get it.... What's wrong with ******* everyone!? Why is it that every jury and every architect in Estonia has THE worst taste in the whole white world? Is it because of the soviet-time education or something?
I'm still pretty sure that these people can't still comprehend the fact that these houses are gonna stand there for a long time and it's gonna be a prominent part of Tallinn in the future. So every time people come to Tallinn in the future all they're gonna see is "wow, who the **** gave a permission to build this shit?"
Ebajalg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3505
mhkl

Likes (Received): 17

define good taste
mhkl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3506
Tin_Can

Heheh,this is like poor man's Rotermanni quarter! Design doesn't suit to such prime location,but it's difficult to say if it's complete disaster or not,as we haven't seen (and probably won't see) other competition entries.
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3507
ssh
i don't like skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 37

Just a little too safe. Needs more top-floor balcony-penthouses and less "different colours for the sake of it". Luckily this isn't the more important part of Admiraliteedi, so no need to pack your travel bags yet. Plenty of coastline left to mildly improve on!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM   #3508
Ebajalg
Ööinimene

That's true. But you have to keep in mind that if those people choose this garbage there you may never know what shit is gonna be chosen for the prime location.
Imo the only thing that can save this disaster are the materials. If they use wood, the rusty metal-like thing (similar to the Rotermann wart house) and bricks they might have some hope... For this kind of plain poop.
It still bothers me that there are no shapes, textures nor any interesting elements. If they want to save money or something so badly they might as well build Kärneri 5 there.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #3509
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 97

Its not bad. Only thing Im worried about is those 1 storey podiums surrounding the normal buildings. Its quite off for a 6storey building to have a podium!

Also, we are awesome architects - www.sportsport.ee
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3510
A.D.

Likes (Received): 304

Kas keegi võiks kaardil välja tuua, millise osa Admiraliteedibasseinist see Skanska arendus hõlmab?
Tänud ette!
A.D. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM   #3511
A.D.

Likes (Received): 304

Kas ma sain õigesti aru, et see madal maja seal ees on Merekeskus, ehk see arendus asub merest eemal Vanalinna pool?
A.D. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #3512
Tin_Can

Just!

Kaardilt on see eriti hästi näha - http://goo.gl/maps/wiVbp
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3513
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 97

noh, see poodium käib ikka närvidele tuhandega! Vaadake sedasama pilti, seal kus on see poodiumi nurk.. kui see oleks tänavatasapinnas oleks juba midagi väljakulaadset, aga ei! on hoopis mingi X asi.

Also, we are awesome architects - www.sportsport.ee
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #3514
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 498

Nõustun Ch1le-ga selles osas: poodium on projekti kõige kahtlasem osa - meenutab mulle neid nõukaaegseid ühekorruselisi kauplusi.
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3515
Nõgesh

I prefer the winning design to KTA's proposal which looks a tad too commieblockish.

http://kta.ee/ahtri-14-apartments

Especially the white building looks sweet in my opinion.
Nõgesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #3516
Ebajalg
Ööinimene

This looks so much better and more lively.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3517
ssh
i don't like skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 37

Totally agree, if that podium were replaced with a small open square it would look awesome.

KTA-s design has some cool ideas that the winning design doesn't, mainly that it isn't as flat when you look at it from the side. But something about the colours still makes it look like it would belong in.. I don't know, the uglier half of Tiskre or something.

Also, are these renders right in assuming that the opposite half of Kai st will also get "filled in"?

If so, who owns the plots where the two further black houses are rendered? And why oh why can't we at least get rid of Linnhall's massive "runway"?
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3518
pets

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebajalg View Post

Estonians confirmed for the nation that has the worst taste.
I don't get it.... What's wrong with ******* everyone!? Why is it that every jury and every architect in Estonia has THE worst taste in the whole white world? Is it because of the soviet-time education or something?
I'm still pretty sure that these people can't still comprehend the fact that these houses are gonna stand there for a long time and it's gonna be a prominent part of Tallinn in the future. So every time people come to Tallinn in the future all they're gonna see is "wow, who the **** gave a permission to build this shit?"
+1

i think same, and i dont nothing against estonia, but just when i watch other countries thrades with new buildings, i often think "mm.. that looks good" but when i watch thouse estonian new buildings i think "omg... what is this?! why?!"
pets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #3519
Tin_Can

KTA on vist liiga palju projekte Lasnamäele disaininud - kohe näha,kust kohast on nende kavand mõjutusi saanud...

Võidutöö kohta - ei tea kas see suletud poodium sümboliseerib ühiskonna kihistumist? Et rikkad (korteriomanikud) üleval ja hall mass all.
Muide,loodetavasti tulevad nendele poodiumialustele kaubanduspindadele ikka normaalsed kauplused mis suudavad sadamaalale eluvaimu sisse puhuda ja kohalikke sinna meelitada. Mingi "Ehtne Eesti merevaik" ja "Viron Viinaranta" ei kuulu sinna,arvaku ettevõtjad mida tahes.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #3520
Tin_Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
Kuldnoka tn. 4 apartment building construction has started in Kristiine. 6-storey building will be completed in autumn 2012.

Project website: http://www.kuldnoka4.ee/index.php

Detail plan (.pdf): http://www.tallinn.ee/ametlikud_teat..._id=311&tyyp=1
And it's almost finished.

Btw,I was surprised to find out that this is located quite close to Marienthali Selver and is just few hundred metres from Mustamäe tee.

New project has started on nearby Räägu street - Räägu tn.9 apartment building. This one is also located close to Mustamäe tee. Architect is Paavo Kais.

Renders:

You can find out more about it here: http://www.merko.ee/raagu9/

Tags
eesti, estonia, tallinn